Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

For me , only on an interim basis until an experienced manager that they want becomes available. Of course by that time we may have gone 25 games unbeaten in the league which would change a lot of perceptions re Austin. Unlikely though imo but one can only hope. 

I just think the sooner we get someone in the sooner the uncertainty goes and we can crack on up the table.

I agree though, if AM keeps winning as interim, the urgency disappears.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Right to the heart of the matter as usual. Big part of blame at tynie, zero credit for impact in same position with NI. Only on jkb

And vice versa. Apparently zero blame at Tyney great job with NI. The truth lies, as always somewhere in the middle otherwise what have we been paying him for for 3 years?

The Mercer Takeover

If Macphee gets the managers job, Budge has to go.

After the Levein debacle and the utter shambles of how he was given the job, it's finally time to get it right.

It's quite clear that Macphee would be tarnished by his part in the Cathro and Levein legacy, irrelevant on how the team performs during this interim period. He will only ever be a couple of defeats away from the pitchforks being drawn again. There would be no honeymoon period and it is quite clear a portion of our support will never accept him.

I still have faith Budge will finally do the right thing, although I have a niggling doubt that she will wait to long, the person lined up will get a better offer and we will get Macphee by default. That would turn us into a laughing stock.

Edited by The Mercer Takeover

13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He had  two days and half the team was missing. 

If that rangers team hadn't beaten that Hearts team, Gerrard should have Been sacked. 

I completely agree but the way that we set up and performed was nowhere near good enough. 
That’s not a go at Mcphee but I would always rather lose trying to score a goal at least than lose without even an attempt to attack. We concede goals in every game so why would you base your game plan on trying not to concede a goal?? 

2 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

After the Levein debacle and the utter shambles of how he was given the job, it's finally time to get it right.

It's quite clear that Macphee would be tarnished by his part in the Cathro and Levein legacy, irrelevant on how the team performs during this interim period. He will only ever be a couple of defeats away from the pitchforks being drawn again. There would be no honeymoon period and it is quite clear a portion of our support will never accept him.

I still have faith Budge will finally do the right thing, although I have a niggling doubt that she will wait to long, the person lined up will get a better offer and we will get Macphee by default. That would turn us into a laughing stock.

Agree with all of this. 
Budge is still in favour but patience is wearing thin with a lot of the support. 
Surely she will not be silly enough to appoint Mcphee. 

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Why should she.

He just gave a fantastic press conference, and other than Stendel brings an enthusiasm most could only dream of.

Wins today he's looking a strong candidate 

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Why should she.

He just gave a fantastic press conference, and other than Stendel brings an enthusiasm most could only dream of.

So giving a fantastic press conference is a big factor in him getting the job?

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

It's a factor yes. Not a big one, the biggest is ofcourse results 

Horatio Caine
6 minutes ago, RENE said:

Over two pages and Stendel's name hardly mentioned...... Must be on wrong thread......

Stendel's become irrelevant to the thread which has now been taken over by the JKB massive  - all of whose opinions are correct btw.

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Why should she.

When Cathro got sacked we had the best candidate at the club all along.

When Levein go sacked we had the best candidate at the club all along.

How lucky are we! 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How lucky are we! 

He learned from both and O'Neill. That's football 

Just now, rudi must stay said:

He learned from both and O'Neill. That's football 

I like him but not as manager. AB has already recognised he doesn’t fit the criteria and I agree. It’s top early in his career for a job as big as ours and to be frank we deserve better.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How lucky are we! 

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

:laugh:

3 hours ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

He may not have run the team but he was on the touchline with Levein being regularly consulted re tactics and substitutions. I assume he was similarly involved in tactical and selection discussions pre-match. He’s a central part of the outgoing regime.

I saw a huge change with team selection, set up and tactics vs st midden. The Killie game and the sevco game will tell us what sort of team he can set out and how they can play. If he wins both, what's not to like.

Whether we get a win today or not, McPhee shouldn't be getting the job. Let's hope Ann doesn't make the same mistake twice by promoting from within.

31 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Of course not but it does provide some insight into his attitude and mindset. I'm still holding out faint hopes for Warnock because I like my managers to be forthright and confident but Austin ticks some of the same boxes, albeit with a lot more risk due to inexperience as a manager 

...a bit disco

:lol:

Going by some of the comments on this thread, I REALLY, REALLY hope Austin gets the job.

9 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Whether we get a win today or not, McPhee shouldn't be getting the job. Let's hope Ann doesn't make the same mistake twice by promoting from within.

Which job?  SD or Manager?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Austin will have some momentum after he beats Rangers next week.   😎

Trolling is against the rules.

Why would, if Austin keeps winning and gets the job, people be so unhappy. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like watching us win regularly and being happy with the club.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

How lucky are we! 

What if he was 5th best but the best  4 wanted 15,000, 16,000, 17,000 and 18,000 pounds a week? Should we just cave in and give one of them what he wants.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, JamboAndrew said:

Why would, if Austin keeps winning and gets the job, people be so unhappy. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like watching us win regularly and being happy with the club.

How would MacPhee fit the criteria that Budge laid out, precisely?

Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

What if he was 5th best but the best  4 wanted 15,000, 16,000, 17,000 and 18,000 pounds a week? Should we just cave in and give one of them what he wants.

So go for a cheap option.

35 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

:lol:

Going by some of the comments on this thread, I REALLY, REALLY hope Austin gets the job.

It’s not a laugh and a joke mate!!! 

You obviously don’t care that we have been pish for 3 years and need a completely fresh start!! 

LarrysRightFoot
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Austin will have some momentum after he beats Rangers next week.   😎

If he is still in charge for the Rangers game it will be a good barometer to measure him against.

As others have said he didn’t have much time before the semi-final to implement anything at all. The game plan and tactics would already have been pretty much in place and he went with it.

At Ibrox he will have been in charge for a few weeks. He will also have had a whole week to implement his game plan and tactics.  

If he makes it until then it’ll be interesting to see how we play. Win it and he’ll be difficult to Budge.

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How would MacPhee fit the criteria that Budge laid out, precisely?

I would imagine if he keeps winning and lifts the squads moral that Ann will seriously consider giving him the gig, regardless if the criteria. She wants us top 4 and in Europe and visiting Hampden regularly. And if we keep winning then thats going to happen. The criteria is sensible to encourage a certain type of candidate. 

But, a comfortable win at Killie is essential as is a good performance and hopefully a result against deadco.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

I would imagine if he keeps winning and lifts the squads moral that Ann will seriously consider giving him the gig, regardless if the criteria. She wants us top 4 and in Europe and visiting Hampden regularly. And if we keep winning then thats going to happen. The criteria is sensible to encourage a certain type of candidate. 

But, a comfortable win at Killie is essential as is a good performance and hopefully a result against deadco.

I hope for a win today and a new manager making his debut next week. MacPhee should not even be considered.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I hope for a win today and a new manager making his debut next week. MacPhee should not even be considered.

This.

29 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I’m out

To be honest your scenario was pretty shit.

i don’t think we are looking at managers in that wage bracket.

also you didn’t state the figure that Austin would be wanting.

alwaysthereinspirit
9 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I used the 18,000 as the highest number quoted on this thread that’s all. 

I could easily have used 7,000, 8,000, 9,000 or 10,000.

or even 47,000, 48,000, 49,000 or 50,000.

But I guess if money is no option......

14 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

He wasn't that far of the mark TBF. 

How much do you reckon an average manager in English Championship or League One would be on ?

The simple fact is outwith the OF clubs in Scotland do not have fortunes to chuck around.

Even Robbie Neilson earned more

at M K Dons.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I stand corrected. Austin's audition is over.

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

If he is still in charge for the Rangers game it will be a good barometer to measure him against.

As others have said he didn’t have much time before the semi-final to implement anything at all. The game plan and tactics would already have been pretty much in place and he went with it.

At Ibrox he will have been in charge for a few weeks. He will also have had a whole week to implement his game plan and tactics.  

If he makes it until then it’ll be interesting to see how we play. Win it and he’ll be difficult to Budge.

Scratch that positivity laced post. He cannot make it to next week.

7 hours ago, Jambo647 said:

McPhee loses today and the Kickback pendulum will be kicking his backside out the door

Giving McPhee the job would be a disaster and we will be demanding his head before the end of the season... due to him being connected to already 2 failed regimes at Tynecastle he will be given absolutely no bedding in time by an already dissillutioned Heart support 

This is a mess Anne Budge helped create but I don’t believe she has any football knowledge to help us get out of it.

Looks like this is the order for the day

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

Has anyone seen him at Rugby Park yet?...

If he was there he’d have jumped in the car and ****ed off at 3.15

Edited by kingantti1874

• davemclaren locked this topic