Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

That's a money laid on market rather than knowledge or fact.

Or the odds are made up 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

6 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

For the record, I don’t think SN is at the wind up. 

He's been correct on things before. 

Some people have him down as a former Ngoo poster but I personally don't think that is the case. 

1 minute ago, jambogemz said:

He's been correct on things before. 

Some people have him down as a former Ngoo poster but I personally don't think that is the case. 

Anyone pretending to be ITK is a fantasist.

1 hour ago, mre said:

Not judging you in any way, but genuinely wondering why you write "will of been" ?

Cause my grammar is poor as instead of paying much attention at school to grammar i was playing football. Been explained many times before 🙂

No got a clue who’s right or who’s wrong but you have one or two guys saying he’s not interested in the job and not been interviewed and a couple of others saying the job is his and will be announced shortly 

The sad thing is this means that some people sit at home just making things up and for what reasons I will never know 

I’d much rather watch xhamster than attention seek on here for kicks 

Arthur Morgan
28 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Drat. Fooled again.  I also believed that early this week, Jose Mourinho had been seen on a pub crawl on Gorgie Road.

Talk about gullible.

🙄

Arthur Morgan
28 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Drat. Fooled again.  I also believed that early this week, Jose Mourinho had been seen on a pub crawl on Gorgie Road.

Talk about gullible.

🙄

The weight of evidence suggests that there might be something in it, given the bookies odds and the fact that both the Sun and the Record have splashed the story

28 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

For the record, I don’t think SN is at the wind up. 

For the record, I think Kiwidoug is at the wind up about Jose being on a pub crawl on Gorgie Road.

Obviously, he would have headed up to the West Port.

Is Daniel Stendel any good? Barnsley fanzine reveals all about Sunderland managerial candidate

Daniel Stendel - is he any good? We’re not entirely sure, so as such we called in an expert - Barnsley Fanzine ‘Ey Up & Down’ - to go in depth and tell us all we need to know about the Sunderland managerial candidate.

• By Gav1879 
  • on October 11, 2019 10:00 am

RR: First off – can you just give us some insight into what has gone on at Barnsley, and what led to Stendel leaving the club earlier this week?

EU&D: We have a board of Chinese and American owners who’s strategy is to buy younger players, develop them and ultimately sell them for a profit. It worked perfectly in League One and we played some amazing football, but in the Championship Stendel begged for some experience. 

The experienced players he wanted didn’t fit the model, and it looks like suggesting we played like a “youth team” against Preston was the final straw for the board.

RR: Sunderland are believed to be interested in potentially appointing Daniel Stendel as their manager. Do you think he has what it takes to manage Sunderland? As we’ve seen with Jack Ross, success depends upon a manager having the right type of character to adapt quickly and thrive in such a high pressure environment.

EU&D: Stendel would work wonders for Sunderland we reckon. The fans will absolutely love him! Last season our football was a joy to watch. He really got the players working together and they seemed to really enjoy their football.

RR: Should Stendel come to Sunderland, how do you think that news would go down with the people, fans and players of Barnsley? 

EU&D: If he does come to Sunderland I think most Barnsley fans will be glad for the lad, as we genuinely feel he was harshly treated. Strange as it sounds, we just want the bloke to do well for himself, no matter where he ends up.

RR: What kind of manager is Daniel?

EU&D: Daniel is a real character - he kicks every ball from the touchline and speaks his mind. He looks after his players and in return just wants 100% effort. Anyone who slacks will find themselves on the bench. He’s not afraid to celebrate victories either, so your landlords will love him (all responsibly of course).

RR: Would you say that Stendel has a discernible style of football? If so, what is it?

EU&D: His style of football is the high press and counter attack that works wonders in League One. If the players are good enough - and I’m sure yours are, you’ll find you dominate games and score plenty of goals. Don’t worry if you concede because you’ll score more than the opposition generally.

RR: What did Daniel do last season that made his Barnsley side so successful?

EU&D: Last season Daniel brought the whole football club together after a terrible relegation season under Jose Morais. We all loved going to games and you could see the players enjoyed it too. He was active in the community and installed a belief and an identity that was based on graft. We’re going to miss the bloke.

RR: What would you say to any Sunderland fan who isn’t sure that Daniel Stendel would make a good manager for our team?

EU&D: I would say watch a few Barnsley games from last season and you’ll soon be converted. We didn’t draw many games unlike Sunderland and that was the difference between us going up and not you.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/rokerreport.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2019/10/11/20908148/is-daniel-stendel-any-good-barnsley-fanzine-reveals-all-about-sunderland-managerial-candidate

:jjyay:

42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ah

The classic 'U turn'. 

😤

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Who asked you?

Not like you to reply with a question

29 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Or the odds are made up 

Yes they just make up odds randomly thats why they are invariably well off 🙈

13 minutes ago, theshed said:

No got a clue who’s right or who’s wrong but you have one or two guys saying he’s not interested in the job and not been interviewed and a couple of others saying the job is his and will be announced shortly 

The sad thing is this means that some people sit at home just making things up and for what reasons I will never know 

I’d much rather watch xhamster than attention seek on here for kicks 

As said the bulk of people are in agreement that he is wanted and had as of yesterday said he didn’t want to us

Xhamster would be less brutal on the eye than this place at times though tbf

Edited by sadj

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

For the record, I think Kiwidoug is at the wind up about Jose being on a pub crawl on Gorgie Road.

Obviously, he would have headed up to the West Port.

evening guv. Hows things? Heard Jose was spotted in Walkabout back in the day in a green top after Fenlon got the boot.

He’s been spotted in a number of places in Edinburgh... personally I wouldn’t recognise the guy if he was sat in my front room so I’m no sure who these spotters are but maybe a job as a private detective beckons!

Hes also been interviewed but wanted to much cash?

The board have told someone on here to tells us he’s not in the running!

Nae wonder Ann gave the job to Levein the last time there’s leaks at board room level, she forgets to ask salary details and the man she wants has 16 doppelgängers!

1 minute ago, sadj said:

evening guv. Hows things? Heard Jose was spotted in Walkabout back in the day in a green top after Fenlon got the boot.

Evening.  All good here, ta.

I can assure you, Mr Mourinho is far too classy to even consider wearing a green top.

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Is Daniel Stendel any good? Barnsley fanzine reveals all about Sunderland managerial candidate

Daniel Stendel - is he any good? We’re not entirely sure, so as such we called in an expert - Barnsley Fanzine ‘Ey Up & Down’ - to go in depth and tell us all we need to know about the Sunderland managerial candidate.

• By Gav1879 

RR: First off – can you just give us some insight into what has gone on at Barnsley, and what led to Stendel leaving the club earlier this week?

EU&D: We have a board of Chinese and American owners who’s strategy is to buy younger players, develop them and ultimately sell them for a profit. It worked perfectly in League One and we played some amazing football, but in the Championship Stendel begged for some experience. 

The experienced players he wanted didn’t fit the model, and it looks like suggesting we played like a “youth team” against Preston was the final straw for the board.

RR: Sunderland are believed to be interested in potentially appointing Daniel Stendel as their manager. Do you think he has what it takes to manage Sunderland? As we’ve seen with Jack Ross, success depends upon a manager having the right type of character to adapt quickly and thrive in such a high pressure environment.

EU&D: Stendel would work wonders for Sunderland we reckon. The fans will absolutely love him! Last season our football was a joy to watch. He really got the players working together and they seemed to really enjoy their football.

RR: Should Stendel come to Sunderland, how do you think that news would go down with the people, fans and players of Barnsley? 

EU&D: If he does come to Sunderland I think most Barnsley fans will be glad for the lad, as we genuinely feel he was harshly treated. Strange as it sounds, we just want the bloke to do well for himself, no matter where he ends up.

EU&D: Daniel is a real character - he kicks every ball from the touchline and speaks his mind. He looks after his players and in return just wants 100% effort. Anyone who slacks will find themselves on the bench. He’s not afraid to celebrate victories either, so your landlords will love him (all responsibly of course).

RR: Would you say that Stendel has a discernible style of football? If so, what is it?

EU&D: His style of football is the high press and counter attack that works wonders in League One. If the players are good enough - and I’m sure yours are, you’ll find you dominate games and score plenty of goals. Don’t worry if you concede because you’ll score more than the opposition generally.

EU&D: Last season Daniel brought the whole football club together after a terrible relegation season under Jose Morais. We all loved going to games and you could see the players enjoyed it too. He was active in the community and installed a belief and an identity that was based on graft. We’re going to miss the bloke.

RR: What would you say to any Sunderland fan who isn’t sure that Daniel Stendel would make a good manager for our team?

EU&D: I would say watch a few Barnsley games from last season and you’ll soon be converted. We didn’t draw many games unlike Sunderland and that was the difference between us going up and not you.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/rokerreport.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2019/10/11/20908148/is-daniel-stendel-any-good-barnsley-fanzine-reveals-all-about-sunderland-managerial-candidate

Cheers for posting that. I’m going to be heartbroken if we don’t appoint him! 

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He’s been spotted in a number of places in Edinburgh... personally I wouldn’t recognise the guy if he was sat in my front room so I’m no sure who these spotters are but maybe a job as a private detective beckons!

Nae wonder Ann gave the job to Levein the last time there’s leaks at board room level, she forgets to ask salary details and the man she wants has 16 doppelgängers!

😂

Seriously has that been posted? The board are giving JKB leaks? 😂

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

• By Gav1879 

I’m willing to put from the rough for this guy.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

He’s been spotted in a number of places in Edinburgh... personally I wouldn’t recognise the guy if he was sat in my front room so I’m no sure who these spotters are but maybe a job as a private detective beckons!

Same.

Tbh, I'd never even heard of him until about a week ago!

Just now, sadj said:

😂

Seriously has that been posted? The board are giving JKB leaks? 😂

Oh last night was fun Sadj mate... more stories than Waterstones!

Captain Canada

I'd have thought that a journalist could just contact him and ask if he's interested or not?

Or just print stuff they read on here because they can't do their jobs properly! 

Just now, Rudy T said:

Oh last night was fun Sadj mate... more stories than Waterstones!

😂May take the time to go back and read it properly then. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

If Stendel has no intention of coming to Hearts like a few are saying on here then why is he in Edinburgh? Must be for a spot of Xmas shopping and a go on the big wheel.

Stern aswell I've been told could be wrong though? 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Stern aswell I've been told could be wrong though? 

Nah, he’s just frowning a bit because it’s so cold. 

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nah, he’s just frowning a bit because it’s so cold. 

He's put on the managers odds thread that he is being serious? 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

He's put on the managers odds thread that he is being serious? 

Probably does look quite stern then. I like it, I’m onboard. ;) 

alwaysthereinspirit

Budge should hire one of the 20/1 shots after dropping 100,000 on him.

Castle view restaurant finances covered.

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Is he really that good?

apart from one good season what has he done of note?

No this again... it’s ground hog day on here 😀

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who was betting Stendel at 1/2 then to move the price down to 1/8? Somebody knows something, doubtful If it’s anyone on here ...

CL

38 minutes ago, sadj said:

Cause my grammar is poor as instead of paying much attention at school to grammar i was playing football. Been explained many times before 🙂

Fair enough 😁

12 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/more/club/board

There are only four male board members - now that Levein has been punted off - Eric Hogg, Donald Cumming, Kevin Windram and Stuart Wallace. I’d imagine Ann Budge will be having a word with all of them as a result of your posts.

Won’t be Hogg so it’s down to three if the story is true. 

Could be compensation to Barnsley is the sticking point. Spurs seemed to have changed the rules of the game with Poch. He hasn’t been sacked in reality, just relieved of his duties as have his three sidekicks. He is still on the payroll and will remain on the payroll until his contract expires or some other club offers him a job at which point that club will have to agree suitable compensation with Spurs. Seem to recall someone saying something about Stendel still being on Barnsley’s payroll. Big difference in the ££’s involved as Stendel has 7-8 months left on contract whereas Poch has over 3.5 years.if Stendel is on £7.5k/week at Barnsley that probably means his remaining contract is worth just over £200k. 

Edited by soonbe110

42 minutes ago, sadj said:

😤

Not like you to reply with a question

Yes they just make up odds randomly thats why they are invariably well off 🙈

As said the bulk of people are in agreement that he is wanted and had as of yesterday said he didn’t want to us

Xhamster would be less brutal on the eye than this place at times though tbf

I didnt know what Xhamster was so I typed it in Google.

:oohmatron:
:sweeet:
:wow:
:shockio:
:arry:
:gocompare:

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

And there he goes.  Another great JKB poster lost to the dirty hamster.  RIP 😢

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Naively, neither did I. I do now though and this is what Private Browsing was invented for.  ✊🏼✊🏼✊🏼

Can someone explain why we have to pay Barnsley compensation if he was sacked? Surely it’s Barnsley paying up Stendel? 
Apologies if this has been asked already

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Could be compensation to Barnsley is the sticking point. Spurs seemed to have changed the rules of the game with Poch. He hasn’t been sacked in reality, just relieved of his duties as have his three sidekicks. He is still on the payroll and will remain on the payroll until his contract expires or some other club offers him a job at which point that club will have to agree suitable compensation with Spurs. Seem to recall someone saying something about Stendel still being on Barnsley’s payroll. Big difference in the ££’s involved as Stendel has 7-8 months left on contract whereas Poch has over 3.5 years.if Stendel is on £7.5k/week at Barnsley that probably means his remaining contract is worth just over £200k. 

Bit like Levein. Effectively sacked but still on the payroll until his contract runs down. 

Could do with this getting sorted ASAP as a Championship team that are thinking about making a change and lose on Saturday might sack their manager and go for Stendel 

Edited by rory78

3 minutes ago, Bootboy100 said:

Can someone explain why we have to pay Barnsley compensation if he was sacked? Surely it’s Barnsley paying up Stendel? 
Apologies if this has been asked already

As far as I can make out he is still on their payroll so is officially an employee and until he’s not, anyone looking for his services will have to pay compo to Barnsley. 

18 minutes ago, farin said:

He hasn’t though, hearts do want to talk to him but he’s negotiating his compo for the rest of his contract right now. If he gets that squared away he could end up costing us nothing which is preferable .. 

Omg so now he’s not been interviewed but we want to, he’s in Edinburgh though but the board don’t want him... now I’m more confused!!

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Omg so now he’s not been interviewed but we want to, he’s in Edinburgh though but the board don’t want him... now I’m more confused!!

Board want him, he doesn’t want to come to Scotland despite giving us his CV but is currently staying in the Dalmahoy while having a wee tour round the city and has had an interview except when he hasn’t had one but he’s never been in consideration according to a board member. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

• davemclaren locked this topic