Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

jamboinglasgow

so in short, no one knows what is happening and those who say they are dont either.

Strendel is both about to be our manager and doesn't even want to be anywhere near us at the same time.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Always worth checking Twitter to verify 2pm press conference bollocks, journalists usually tweet about it if they've been invited to one.

17 minutes ago, Henry. Henry. said:

Barry Anderson hasn’t been invited to today’s 2pm Press Conference.  

He doesn't need an invite as all his "exclusives " come from here.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Always worth checking Twitter to verify 2pm press conference bollocks, journalists usually tweet about it if they've been invited to one.

Unless the club has told them to hold off saying anything until 2pm (with the club giving them the news early so they can post their stories at 2pm.)

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Robinson apparently only interested in talking to us if i's clear he's the No.1 target 

Makes no sense whatsoever

" I'll take an interview, only if i'm getting the job and only if you say I'm your number 1 target"

"Well sorry Steve, I cant confirm that is the case as we have other applicants we're looking to interview"

"well fine i'm not interested then"

kingantti1874

Doesn’t surprise me, he isn’t going to jeopardise his relationship with Motherwell fans by coming for an interview only not to be offered the job.

fairly standard scenario in football as pointed out before, you tend to know what you want and who you want to implement it before actively trying to fill the role..

we are tearing this like we are appointing a marketing manager.

Captain Canada
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Robinson apparently only interested in talking to us if i's clear he's the No.1 target 

This makes total sense to me. 

He'll be very unpopular at Motherwell if he speaks to us and doesn't get the job. He's just looking after his own interests. 

I think our actions so far would suggest he's just one of a number under consideration. If we'd been determined to get him in, we'd have him in place by now. 

22 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I'm not sure that is correct. Presumably most teams who go to Anfield play defensively, however Liverpool still employ gegenpressing.

I'm not sure it is either but it's what I have heard on here numerous times when I have asked why we can't play the pressing game against weaker sides

14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Haha are you Stevie Robinson? 

Posting some news as fact that is proved to be made up should result in an asterix being added to your username so it’s easy to know who to ignore.

Its a strange way to get your jollies

AlphonseCapone
25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

21 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

" I'll take an interview, only if i'm getting the job and only if you say I'm your number 1 target"

"Well sorry Steve, I cant confirm that is the case as we have other applicants we're looking to interview"

I think it makes complete sense. What would his reputation be like with Motherwell and the fans after speaking to us.

24 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Mate if I had my way the majority of posters would be banned, purely for acting like bairns, being clueless and constant moaning. 

:lol: can't argue with that. Same here. 

25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Thats a very weird way to say it , was that how it was put to you or just your interpretation of the words?  

16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Doesn’t surprise me, he isn’t going to jeopardise his relationship with Motherwell fans by coming for an interview only not to be offered the job.

fairly standard scenario in football as pointed out before, you tend to know what you want and who you want to implement it before actively trying to fill the role..

we are tearing this like we are appointing a marketing manager.

Course he could come for an interview even if he didn’t get the job , chances are though there is no chance we’d agree comp wi Well unless he was 99.99% who we wanted and he wouldn’t come for an interview until we were past that stage

14 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

This makes total sense to me. 

He'll be very unpopular at Motherwell if he speaks to us and doesn't get the job. He's just looking after his own interests. 

I think our actions so far would suggest he's just one of a number under consideration. If we'd been determined to get him in, we'd have him in place by now. 

Bottom paragraph yes , middle one - unpopular with fans for five mins maybe , not inside the club.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Pigs n blankets off the Christmas menu 

How dare you sir , there is no chance of visting the Gio household this christmas then. 🤬 My neighbours are awesome they bring me food so there will be plenty of Pigs n Blankets here 👌🏻 Hang them off the rack and everytime someone manages a pull up they will be high enough to eat one.

4 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

hope when announced hearts have the scorpions and rammstein on hand to welcome him and set up a German market on the plaza to make him feel at home 

He's an East German lad, better with City. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Hopefully, you and others are now in full agreement.👍🏻

After googling, my initial reaction was that seems harsh.

Having thought it through, I now agree

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I think it makes complete sense. What would his reputation be like with Motherwell and the fans after speaking to us.

fans - yes - For 5 mins

Motherwell as a club - wouldn't make any difference 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hopefully, you and others are now in full agreement.👍🏻

i can think of a few who we could offer up

Coburg Hearts
6 hours ago, MacPhee said:

Nobody knows anything other than Ann and the interview panel. 

Image result for i know nothing gif

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

fans - yes - For 5 mins

Motherwell as a club - wouldn't make any difference 

Depends how results are going, if they go on a bad run it's the sort of things fans will drag up and be bitter about. Could accelerate calls for his head in that situation.

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

Depends how results are going, if they go on a bad run it's the sort of things fans will drag up and be bitter about. Could accelerate calls for his head in that situation.

indeed , it really wouldn’t have any effect on his internal standing at the club.

21 minutes ago, farin said:

No worries, stendal hasn’t even been interviewed at this stage either tbh. 

Good to have someone with reliable info on here.👍🏻

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, S Form said:

There are so many liars on here it’s like Conservative Party Central Office.

Post of the day

25 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

the same as now they now know he would only come for an interview if he was getting the job, seems he was hoping for the job away from Motherwell

11 minutes ago, S Form said:

:bravo:

12 minutes ago, S Form said:

Or Millbsnk or whatever political party you care to choose 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

good, i’d rather have Robbonor Robbie if we’re looking at current managers in scotland.

Good luck to him getting a better job than Well if true. Stoke wanted to speak to alex neil before o’neill got offered the job and preston refused permission. Didn’t seem to bother someone of the stature of oneill he wasn’t the only candidate.

1 hour ago, farin said:

No worries, stendal hasn’t even been interviewed at this stage either tbh. 

And you know hes not been interviewed how?

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Said the George Clooney of Hamilton 

Not sure you get on the Nespresso Sustainability Advisory Board by using childish inappropriate insults. More the Royston Vasey of Hamilton I’d suggest 😉

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Arrogant statement to make.

personally, football works differently from normal working life.

Yes, look for applicants and know there expected salary.

But go through them, identify in order who you want.

Interview them in that order, if it's good, offer the job. If the interview throws doubts, say no and move on.

Jose knew he had the job before Pocha was sacked. it's the football is.

AB handles it too ethically. 

Tin hat on

7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

personally, football works differently from normal working life.

Yes, look for applicants and know there expected salary.

But go through them, identify in order who you want.

Interview them in that order, if it's good, offer the job. If the interview throws doubts, say no and move on.

Jose knew he had the job before Pocha was sacked. it's the football is.

AB handles it too ethically. 

Tin hat on

I agree mate.

The longer this supposed search for a new head coach and sporting director goes on, the more farcical and amateurish Budge and the club look.

Do they even know who they want?

Why are we interviewing people like Neil McCann?

Most clubs have an idea of their ideal candidate and try their best to get them in but we seem to be going round the houses clueless.

Shambles

• davemclaren locked this topic