Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

7 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

No wonder he was punted then...

Yup, turned out to be a shrewd decision. Completely turned around by his replacement. 

They finished 2 points behind 1st.

Edited by Normthebarman

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

In what world is 3 points off top a reason for sacking someone? Is Romanov their owner?

I think Al's tongue was a bit in cheek there. 

45 minutes ago, munro9 said:

For f@cks sake. Board have no clue on football side beyond Leveins acolytes The “high profile and experienced manager” didn’t apply. They’re rightly scared of getting it wrong again, see Stendhal is apparently fans favourite for the job so go after him as a panic move. I’m not saying I’m not optimistic about him but to read into it the board identified him through contacts and knowledge!!! Give me a break, Kickback created the conditions for this to happen and it worries me the board didn’t have a plan.

Ffs please don’t start this ‘h’ thing already... you sorted the plane yet??

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

I agree 100% that was a Levein performance

As for Tom English having contacts, ye he sounds sure of himself. So he wasn't in the interviews, but if he's still lurking in the background then he shouldn't be and it's an example of Ann Budge being dishonest 

Absolute made up garbage. He had no say in picking the manager, as Budge said. As you well know he is still 'lurking in the background' as you put it, again as Budge said.

If what I'm reading about Stendel bringing in his own staff is true then no wonder the negotiations are taking a while. That'll be 7 or 8 people coming or going which equals lots to organise!

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Worked though. They finished the season 2 points behind top. Completely turned around by his replacement. 

Results speak for themselves in that case.. 

2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I think Al's tongue was a bit in cheek there. 

😁

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Indeed. I sit in section to the side behind the dugout and McPhee looked to be the man in charge of directing the shambles more often than not. Occasionally Daley would chip in with his tuppence worth. 3 amigos right enough. Head scratching was often seen

It's a conspiracy though mate, we must have been tripping. 

Edited by Space Pirate

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

She didn't say he'd still be around and picking the team 

You are mad, bet you are one of the ones who think the moon landings never happened

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

McCann had 2 problems at Dundee. 

Firstly he wanted to play football,  reckon that would work for us.

Secondly and the bigger difficulty,  he struggles with pressure,  great lad, but turned into a lunatic under the cosh 

McCann’s style of football would have fans launching chairs onto the pitch. That pass it about the back nonsense doesn’t work at Hearts at all, Levein tried it and folk were tearing their hair out. 

Sexton Hardcastle
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

McCann’s style of football would have fans launching chairs onto the pitch. That pass it about the back nonsense doesn’t work at Hearts at all, Levein tried it and folk were tearing their hair out. 

Also see the early Sergio days.

Grown men booing and screaming for the ball to be launched long.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

No, I’m saying give her a chance to put things right. 
I didn’t back Cathro for long. I did back Neilson and still do. Think he will be a very good manager. I gave Levein longer than I should have based on two factors a) his record first time round and b) the players he brought in this summer should have really improved us. Loss of form and confidence, poor tactics and primarily injuries put paid to b) and maybe age/illness put paid to a). We all live and learn, even at my age. Disappointing. 
She has a huge call to make and it will be the defining decision of her time with us. Give her the time to consider all the options then judge. 

If only everyone was as reasonable as the above.

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, munro9 said:

For f@cks sake. Board have no clue on football side beyond Leveins acolytes The “high profile and experienced manager” didn’t apply. They’re rightly scared of getting it wrong again, see Stendhal is apparently fans favourite for the job so go after him as a panic move. I’m not saying I’m not optimistic about him but to read into it the board identified him through contacts and knowledge!!! Give me a break, Kickback created the conditions for this to happen and it worries me the board didn’t have a plan.

BjH78IbIQAAzIft.jpg

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That's another good point. 

Managers trying to play like Barca with bang average players. 

37 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

We're both wrong, they were 4th. 3 points off top. 

However, his last 2 league games were a win and a draw. They were top on the 30th January. His record after that was L W W D L W D. Then sacked. That's not a shambles. 

His record in the 2. Bundesliga was P25 W13 D7 L5. I'd argue you might want to hit the books yourself. 

👍 all we both care about is the job he will do if appointed my friend, sure that we can agree on that. 

27 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Shame McCall isn’t going to get the job.

:laugh:

****in delighted he’s not more like.  My choice would be Warnock if available.  

Just now, Cut The Crap said:

So this lad is definitely coming then?

Anyone know if he’s any good?

After all this and he turns out to be a disaster🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

No, I’m saying give her a chance to put things right. 
I didn’t back Cathro for long. I did back Neilson and still do. Think he will be a very good manager. I gave Levein longer than I should have based on two factors a) his record first time round and b) the players he brought in this summer should have really improved us. Loss of form and confidence, poor tactics and primarily injuries put paid to b) and maybe age/illness put paid to a). We all live and learn, even at my age. Disappointing. 
She has a huge call to make and it will be the defining decision of her time with us. Give her the time to consider all the options then judge. 

gettyimages-162252753-612x612.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Also see the early Sergio days.

Grown men booing and screaming for the ball to be launched long.

I don’t care if we play 5 yard passes or 50 yard passes, they need to be necessary and played at a high tempo.

McCann’s slow boring unnecessary pass for passing sake stuff at Dundee was the reason they got relegated. 

The best football Hearts have ever played in my lifetime was under JJ and Burley, where the ball was always played forward and it only went backwards or sideways so it could be played forward again.

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

****in delighted he’s not more like.  My choice would be Warnock if available.  

Mine as well but I'd welcome Stendel any day.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

This is what frustrates me speculation being wrapped up as fact and then used to put the boot in

It bugs the hell out of me too. By all means put the boot in, if that's your thing, if it's factual. but putting the boot in on rumour or tittle tattle is wrong.

3 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

So this lad is definitely coming then?

Anyone know if he’s any good?

Nope

And nope. 

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You are mad, bet you are one of the ones who think the moon landings never happened

The moon landings happened

A film reference for you:

First Man starring Ryan Gosling 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

👍 all we both care about is the job he will do if appointed my friend, sure that we can agree on that. 

I have my reservations about him. I'm not convinced this whole giggity press and pushing high up the park will be effective in the Scottish leagues. But then neither did Levein and McPhee so I'm likely as clueless as they are. 

The one thing I do seem to have picked up from the Hannover site and Barnsley articles is he's a man motivator who can get players performing again. I think we'll see improvements, I'm not sure if we'll be world beaters. 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

The moon landings happened

A film reference for you:

First Man starring Ryan Gosling 

I'm ITK when it comes to man being to Mars

Don't believe the folk that say it's Matt Damon 

the-martian.jpg

2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I have my reservations about him. I'm not convinced this whole giggity press and pushing high up the park will be effective in the Scottish leagues. But then neither did Levein and McPhee so I'm likely as clueless as they are. 

The one thing I do seem to have picked up from the Hannover site and Barnsley articles is he's a man motivator who can get players performing again. I think we'll see improvements, I'm not sure if we'll be world beaters. 

It worked for Killie under Clarke, they pushed on and didn’t give the opposition a chance to build. Not sure it had a fancy name but Clarke’s teams won the ball high and played the ball forward quickly and they were effective so fingers crossed the greegypressenhof or whatever it’s called does the job!

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

It worked for Killie under Clarke, they pushed on and didn’t give the opposition a chance to build. Not sure it had a fancy name but Clarke’s teams won the ball high and played the ball forward quickly and they were effective so fingers crossed the greegypressenhof or whatever it’s called does the job!

Gegenpress. 😊

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I'm ITK when it comes to man being to Mars

Don't believe the folk that say it's Matt Damon 

the-martian.jpg

So many films confirm it mate

7 minutes ago, millano77 said:

I think he will be announced tomorrow. I was at Tynie tonight and Ann was still there when I left at half 7

Leaving Oriam 45 minutes ago and Kris Boyd walking in......

11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don’t care if we play 5 yard passes or 50 yard passes, they need to be necessary and played at a high tempo.

McCann’s slow boring unnecessary pass for passing sake stuff at Dundee was the reason they got relegated. 

The best football Hearts have ever played in my lifetime was under JJ and Burley, where the ball was always played forward and it only went backwards or sideways so it could be played forward again.

Not wanting McCann as the Hearts manager but he didn’t take Dundee down. That was very much Mcintyre. Sure he was only given the first 7 games or something like that. 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He's coming he's coming Christmas has came early all together now!! 

We've got Daniel Stendel we've got Daniel Stendel we've got Daniel Stendel 🇱🇻🇱🇻 

That's the Chrystal Palace theme song. In my day we used to bang our pint glasses on the table when it was played. Happy days, indeed. haha

2 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Not wanting McCann as the Hearts manager but he didn’t take Dundee down. That was very much Mcintyre. Sure he was only given the first 7 games or something like that. 

I think you are correct. 

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Leaked photo of a legit alien. 

et-the-extra-terrestrial-1982-the-alien-RW586D.jpg

3 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

He’s our new SD. A brand new laptop was the clincher. 

1 minute ago, goldie83 said:

I know he wasn’t manager when Dundee got relegated but they had been getting tanked everyweek under McCann. The rot had set in under McCann, not sure McIntyre or anyone else could have kept them up. A bit like us at the moment, we’re in a complete rut thanks to the previous incumbent. 

Just now, Swanny17 said:

He’s our new SD. A brand new laptop was the clincher. 

I hope hes not the next interviewee....him and Commons.....**** that...

anyone got the latest on Stendel then? Is he getting to bring in his own backroom staff? Can't blame him for not wanting to work with the likes of Daly as his assistant.

6 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

Half price monster munch in the vending machines

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

25020f21d8b84afaa60ff50ef8434a62.jpg

Edited by Smith's right boot

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Leaked photo of a legit alien. 

et-the-extra-terrestrial-1982-the-alien-RW586D.jpg

No need to post ET 

He's a hibby

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I know he wasn’t manager when Dundee got relegated but they had been getting tanked everyweek under McCann. The rot had set in under McCann, not sure McIntyre or anyone else could have kept them up. A bit like us at the moment, we’re in a complete rut thanks to the previous incumbent. 

You're a right cheery ****er you eh 🤣

Just now, rudi must stay said:

No need to post ET 

He's a hibby

Why is ET a Hibby? 

Because he looks like one. 

There was a rumour that McCann had been lined up to be our new manager months ago while Levein was still in charge. 

The boy from England that uses the word Jobbies mentioned McCann as well. 

I'm fearing the worst here. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

tenor.gif

:yas:

Good signs 

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

You're a right cheery ****er you eh 🤣

It is what it is. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Why is ET a Hibby? 

Because he looks like one.