Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

52 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Of course he would, he’d never turn his back on us in our hour of need and he & Billy would send rockets up erses. He’d sort this lot out.

If we can’t get Stendel, I’d happily take JJ & BB until June to steady the ship. 

👍

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

And left both clubs as a shambles.  The same kind of shambles he would be walking into here. 

That's right. Hannover were an absolute shambles in 2nd place and looking at promotion, when he was emptied. ****ed them up so royally that they achieved promotion the same season. Shambolic. 

1 minute ago, Normthebarman said:

That's right. Hannover were an absolute shambles in 2nd place and looking at promotion, when he was emptied. ****ed them up so royally that they achieved promotion the same season. Shambolic. 

No they weren’t.  They hadn’t won a game in five games and went 5th in the second division before he was sacked during an international break.  At least do your homework if you’re going to argue your point. They won promotion when the new manager got them winning again. 

Edited by Last Laff

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Just a feeling watching the games. We're playing just like we did when he was manager, same tactics and everything 

Well it’s the same players, the same coaching team, key players are still not fully fit so how could it be much different. Even the St.Mirren game was similar style to the Aberdeen cup tie when Levein was in charge. Nothing will change until mgmt team and/or players change. 

38 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Said it again. Broken record. 

Now there’s a coincidence. 😂

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Absolutely nothing to do with the head coach then? 

There is literally a down fall to every manager linked to us. It might work, it might not. I hear the guy is passionate and isn't afraid d to show this. That is something we need immediately, to lift a squad that is down and out. 

Edited by jambogaza

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't think anyone could have guessed tht!

Don’t you??

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

What I haven't found out or worked out,  why was he emptied in 2nd place?

9 minutes ago, munro9 said:

For f@cks sake. Board have no clue on football side beyond Leveins acolytes The “high profile and experienced manager” didn’t apply. They’re rightly scared of getting it wrong again, see Stendhal is apparently fans favourite for the job so go after him as a panic move. I’m not saying I’m not optimistic about him but to read into it the board identified him through contacts and knowledge!!! Give me a break, Kickback created the conditions for this to happen and it worries me the board didn’t have a plan.

Pure speculation in your part and Tom English seems to disagree with you. Who should I believe! 

4 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

No

That’s what soonbe seemed to suggest

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So Budge is making decisions based on Levein not getting more than upset then?

And again. 
I presume come next summer when Levein finally leaves the Club you will be leaving this forum and heading to the Crossford Facebook page so you can continue your one man crusade? 

Edited by soonbe110

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Pure speculation in your part and Tom English seems to disagree with you. Who should I believe! 

I was exaggerating but to sugest that the board had a plan and it involved Stendhal is beyond believe.

4 hours ago, number witheld said:

Its amazing how some folk take newspaper stories and especially headlines and believe them word for word. we know nothing about the negotiations, neither does the press.

You mean a bit like folk believing a single word that comes out of Boris Johnstone's mouth?

11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Michael Stewart saying that there isn’t much to Stendel’s track record and then goes on to say that he has got the two teams he has previously managed promoted.  From league’s that are a step up in quality from ours I may add.

Stewart also said he thought pressley would make a good hearts manager so it’s safe to say he’s a slavering erse.

3 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

There is literally a down fall to every manager linked to us. It might work, it might not. I hear the guy is passionate and isn't afraid d to show this. That is something we need immediately, to lift a squad that is down and out. 

Very true.  It’s a gamble that I would have taken in the summer, hopefully we can steady the ship and build for next season 👍

Coburg Hearts
8 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

****ing Jesus wept

Not sure about Jesus, but it almost made me weep.

Bazzas right boot

Cannae wait for the game. 

Rain, floodlights. 

I missed the 5-2 game as well. 

2 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Neil McCann

know what... I honestly would not reject McCann. He knows the Scottish he knows how bad we are and he knows the worst players. In other words if we are in such deep shite as some of the dramatists on here are saying he is ahead of stendel by a margin! On the other hand we are nowhere near as badly placed as the drama queens are saying we have 19 games before the split if the new guy cannot get us up the table by then we have hired a jakeball!

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And again. 
I presume come next summer when Levein finally leaves the Club you will be leaving this forum and heading to the Crossford Facebook page so you can continue your one man crusade? 

Never heard of Crossford - is Levein going to be their new manager?? 🤔

Just now, Sir Gio said:

What I haven't found out or worked out,  why was he emptied in 2nd place?

From what I can gather, the local tabloid had backed Mirko Slomka to get the job initially and took the huff with him. Basically were gunning for him from the off. The owner then hired a new sporting director. The new SD had worked alongside his replacement, Breitenreitner, together at Schalke and wanted him instead. The argument was that promotion was all that mattered and while they were 2nd, they weren't 30 points clear. So he was emptied. 

Some decent articles on his time at Hannover here if you have Google translate. Or speak German. 

http://96freunde.de/tag/daniel-stendel/

Just now, jock _turd said:

know what... I honestly would not reject McCann. He knows the Scottish he knows how bad we are and he knows the worst players. In other words if we are in such deep shite as some of the dramatists on here are saying he is ahead of stendel by a margin! On the other hand we are nowhere near as badly placed as the drama queens are saying we have 19 games before the split if the new guy cannot get us up the table by then we have hired a jakeball!

McCann is almost worth getting in purely for his dislike of Sean Clare. 

Just now, Russ1977 said:

McCann is almost worth getting in purely for his dislike of Sean Clare. 

👍

53 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Despite what you may have read on here, Stendel did not sign last Tuesday. This Tuesday however should be a different story. 

As much as AB has her faults she should be lauded for the effort she has gone to in her pursuit of Stendel. It’s not been easy but it’s almost done. Well done Mrs Budge.

He was in Edinburgh on Saturday and it wasn’t signed at that point. 👍🏻

31 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

I'd like to see Stewart manage a club and then he might be a little less smug when he went back to sportscene after his inevitable sacking.

Maybe he is our new SD

Craig Levein can take his place on Sportsound and TV😂

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Try and read what was said..she stated clearly he was not going to be involved in the selection process..you are just trying to spin her words about advice to suit your agenda...she said she may go to him for advice but not on this matter and that was quite clear

So yes unlike you I know this

Excellent - I can rest easy tonight 

Coburg Hearts
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ahhh the old poppy money thing. Wish we just loaned in a load of players we couldnt afford and got humped by Hearts 5-1 with them......

One of whom - Doherty - scored for Wolves at the weekend. The same guy, who, when asked if he would play for Hibs again, said, you must be joking.

28 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

No they weren’t.  They hadn’t won a game in five games and went 5th in the second division before he was sacked during an international break.  At least do your homework if you’re going to argue your point. They won promotion when the new manager got them winning again. 

We're both wrong, they were 4th. 3 points off top. 

However, his last 2 league games were a win and a draw. They were top on the 30th January. His record after that was L W W D L W D. Then sacked. That's not a shambles. 

His record in the 2. Bundesliga was P25 W13 D7 L5. I'd argue you might want to hit the books yourself. 

Edited by Normthebarman

People asking why MacPhee's set up looks similar to Leveins... 

Is it just me that seen Levein looking to Macphee near enough every game with a look of absolute confusion on his face?

What do Ian Cathro and Craig Levein have in common?

Austin Macphee. 

He should of been punted months ago. 

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Never heard of Crossford - is Levein going to be their new manager?? 🤔

Do you ever post anything without the name Levein in it ?

4 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

One of whom - Doherty - scored for Wolves at the weekend. The same guy, who, when asked if he would play for Hibs again, said, you must be joking.

i know imagine blowing your load on that post 🙈🙈

2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Is it just me that seen Levein looking to Macphee near enough every game with a look of absolute confusion on his face?

Austin Macphee. 

Said it for months 

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

This thread gets worse 😂😂😂

Is that even possible? :smile:

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

i know imagine blowing your load on that post 🙈🙈

Not the brightest, for sure.

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Said it for months 

The guy talks a good game though, absolute blagger. I've met a few of them at work. 

In Hindsight, he should of been gone with Cathro. 

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Very true.  It’s a gamble that I would have taken in the summer, hopefully we can steady the ship and build for next season 👍

Shame McCall isn’t going to get the job.

:laugh:

7 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Austin Macphee. 

:conspiracy:

Just now, DH1986 said:

:conspiracy:

It's a complete ****ing mess is what it is. 

Interested to know if that's left over donner meat in that foil though. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

From what I can gather, the local tabloid had backed Mirko Slomka to get the job initially and took the huff with him. Basically were gunning for him from the off. The owner then hired a new sporting director. The new SD had worked alongside his replacement, Breitenreitner, together at Schalke and wanted him instead. The argument was that promotion was all that mattered and while they were 2nd, they weren't 30 points clear. So he was emptied. 

Some decent articles on his time at Hannover here if you have Google translate. Or speak German. 

http://96freunde.de/tag/daniel-stendel/

👍

Just now, Sir Gio said:

👍

Just to point out, I was wrong in the position. They were 4th, 3 points off top. 

AlphonseCapone
Just now, Normthebarman said:

Just to point out, I was wrong in the position. They were 4th, 3 points off top. 

No wonder he was punted then...

Lord Beni of Gorgie

McCann had 2 problems at Dundee. 

Firstly he wanted to play football,  reckon that would work for us.

Secondly and the bigger difficulty,  he struggles with pressure,  great lad, but turned into a lunatic under the cosh 

15 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Austin Macphee. 

Indeed. I sit in section to the side behind the dugout and McPhee looked to be the man in charge of directing the shambles more often than not. Occasionally Daley would chip in with his tuppence worth. 3 amigos right enough. Head scratching was often seen

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

No wonder he was punted then...

In what world is 3 points off top a reason for sacking someone? Is Romanov their owner?

Just now, Sir Gio said:

McCann had 2 problems at Dundee. 

Firstly he wanted to play football,  reckon that would work for us.

Secondly and the bigger difficulty,  he struggles with pressure,  great lad, but turned into a lunatic under the cosh 

Plus, he was an attacking winger as a player, so his defensive knowledge is lacking. A bit like Levein's attacking knowledge is lacking. 

Our new man was a striker by the way... 

Huners ae goals and both ends is my prediction. 

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Stewart makes a very valid point. Who's to say Levein isn't still involved in the first team, and he shouldn't be 

He isn't involved 

• davemclaren locked this topic