Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

36 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Was that it? 

Its my opinion the club have dragged out this process. We initially announced we were looking to appoint a SD before the manager but that quickly changed since I think only Alan Irvine has been interviewed for that role.

There wasn’t a need to have a closing date for inviting applications (8 days after sacking CL) There wasn’t a need to divide candidates into unemployed/employed to then begin interviewing. Then after interviewing McCann, McCall, Cotterill, Irvine, Ross from the unemployed list, the only one we’ve interviewed who’s employed is Stendel who’s technically on gardening leave.

If Stendel is the preferred candidate that’s fine but why did it take so long to get round to interviewing him? We should’ve had a shortlist of who we wanted to approach & gone with that instead going around the houses.

Is any of the above made up? 

Not if you know it all to be true 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

7 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

As I’m sure you’re aware we’re not operating in the same market as Spurs. Watford are bottom of the league and their managerial Circus continues, hardly well run. 

If we’d appointed Jack Ross you’d have argued we were unambitious and taken the cheap easy option. 

In any case I wanted  reply from @mitch41

No I wouldn’t have.  Ross was the ideal appointment and was available and would have came to hearts ahead of them. Stendel if he agrees to join will be ambitious yes but a massive gamble. It would restore my faith in the board though. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, bazman said:

Watford have just sacked Sanchez Flores who was appointed very quick. Doesn't always work

We won't be accused of that for sure

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mr Benn said:

The new manager has lost 2 out of 3 games. 

Improved each game,  mentioned nothing wrong with the quality of the squad,  it was purely mental 

Holyrood_Hearts
6 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Not if you know it all to be true 

I believe so. I’m not part of the interview process so some of my post is actually taken from what’s been widely reported (unbelievable I know) 

I’ve never claimed to be ITK or made up stuff I know full well are lies.

Joined today just to give my support on Stendel joining your great club. My brother worked with him at Barnsley. Let me tell you he was near crying when he left. Hes 28. In fact he is in a video having a pint with him (if you go on youtube and type Stendel pint with Barnsley fans). He is a gentleman, professional and down to earth gem. Just give him time, he is not a miracle worker. He was given the tools of up and coming players to work with. In league one they clicked but ultimately the championship took its toll. But my brother never once looked at the manager as a cause. Every fan knew it was the resources and the youth model that he just needed time. He would have succeeded if he was given that. Crazy decision.

My own team is Scunthorpe. We like Barnsley have a chairman that has a very twitchy bum. After sacking Graham Alexander (great manager), We has appointed 5 managers including caretakers in 18 months. One full time manager got 6 games. 😉 So sacking McCall who is is also linked to your club was not surprising. However we were playing decent football and it was clear he needed a pre-season to work with his own ideas. He was thrown in the deep end at Scunny our chairman does the January player shopping. 😉 Recipe for disaster - Point is we took on McCall due to his great achievements at Bradford. Was only outside the promotion pack on 4 occasions during his seasons at the club. Taking them to a wembley playoff v Millwall. He broke lots of records at Bradford for points won and win percentages that stood since 3 points a win was introduced. The reason I know this is because again like Barnsley, there was a public outcry when he left in the Yorkshire news. 

I know he is seen as the enemy after being at Motherwell. Where I believe he did well as another local team Sheffield United tried to sign him. He is very decent and a shame it never worked out at Scunny. Going back to Stendel, hopefully he is given time. And also given a transfer window to work his magic. You won't be disappointed in him as I believe he is certainly worth the wait. Out the two, Stendel is 100% the right choice. But feel Hearts fans are being very harsh on McCall. You never know my brother may end up north if the backroom team are wanted also. Heard that tynecastle is the best ground in Scotland for the atmosphere. Take care.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Has he taken his seat in the stand yet?

He’s just waved to the Hearts fans.

52 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Can you please give us three examples of these types of clubs?

Don’t say City or Liverpool. 

United, Spurs and Leicester.

7 minutes ago, Scunny 123 said:

Joined today just to give my support on Stendel joining your great club. My brother worked with him at Barnsley. Let me tell you he was near crying when he left. Hes 28. In fact he is in a video having a pint with him (if you go on youtube and type Stendel pint with Barnsley fans). He is a gentleman, professional and down to earth gem. Just give him time, he is not a miracle worker. He was given the tools of up and coming players to work with. In league one they clicked but ultimately the championship took its toll. But my brother never once looked at the manager as a cause. Every fan knew it was the resources and the youth model that he just needed time. He would have succeeded if he was given that. Crazy decision.

My own team is Scunthorpe. We like Barnsley have a chairman that has a very twitchy bum. After sacking Graham Alexander (great manager), We has appointed 5 managers including caretakers in 18 months. One full time manager got 6 games. 😉 So sacking McCall who is is also linked to your club was not surprising. However we were playing decent football and it was clear he needed a pre-season to work with his own ideas. He was thrown in the deep end at Scunny our chairman does the January player shopping. 😉 Recipe for disaster - Point is we took on McCall due to his great achievements at Bradford. Was only outside the promotion pack on 4 occasions during his seasons at the club. Taking them to a wembley playoff v Millwall. He broke lots of records at Bradford for points won and win percentages that stood since 3 points a win was introduced. The reason I know this is because again like Barnsley, there was a public outcry when he left in the Yorkshire news. 

I know he is seen as the enemy after being at Motherwell. Where I believe he did well as another local team Sheffield United tried to sign him. He is very decent and a shame it never worked out at Scunny. Going back to Stendel, hopefully he is given time. And also given a transfer window to work his magic. You won't be disappointed in him as I believe he is certainly worth the wait. Out the two, Stendel is 100% the right choice. But feel Hearts fans are being very harsh on McCall. You never know my brother may end up north if the backroom team are wanted also. Heard that tynecastle is the best ground in Scotland for the atmosphere. Take care.

He isn't seen as the enemy having been at Motherwell. He is just seen as a pretty useless manager. He absolutely flopped at Rangers.

Italian Lambretta
23 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

More likely to be Ann Budge giving the middle finger to the Hearts fans that have made the trip to watch this pish

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

More likely to be Ann Budge giving the middle finger to the Hearts fans that have made the trip to watch this pish

:laugh:

28 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He’s just waved again on his way out muttering “**** this” in German. 

58 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

We had a plan for progression just as you talk of, but the Cathro hiring (of someone who was on our radar to slot into that progession system) and a lot of kickback at the thought of promoting one of the coaches up the way has done for that. I'm certain you'll have moaned plenty times about the "5 year plan".

So it's been changed and we clearly drew up a plan to hire from outwith the club, someone as Budge stated "with experience".

- we made a short list of those who met the initial criteria

- aded anyone on our radar or who came into our radar that met said criteria
- we've interviewed those available 
- clearly made a move for Stendel after those interviews identified him as our preferred candidate, meeting our defined requirements 
- spent time in protracted negotiations with Stendel who clearly has options as well as ourselves

We are clearly very well organised, almost painstakingly, and are not just leaping for any manager available to get that initial new coach bounce (as clearly happened with Heckingbottom and Hibs, as an example).

You also have absolutely zero evidence that we don't keep tabs on potential manager replacements - Cathro was 100% on our radar so that actually disproves your complaint. 

The whole concept that Levein put into place was his Idea of a Boot Room whereby one leaves the next one moves up. Imagine if Cathro and McPhee were a success and had left Daly would be in charge with Fox as his assistant what a nightmare that would of been.

1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

As I’m sure you’re aware we’re not operating in the same market as Spurs. Watford are bottom of the league and their managerial Circus continues, hardly well run. 

If we’d appointed Jack Ross you’d have argued we were unambitious and taken the cheap easy option. 

In any case I wanted  reply from @mitch41

You got it.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Seems weird that some on here have upped the ‘Hearts dunno what they’re doin’ ante over the weekend. If he hadn’t signed by Friday surely the natural assumption would be that IF he’s signing, it would be announced during the next working week? I’ve never seen a manager announcement over a weekend in my life (afair). 

Why are people’s voices of concern getting louder on a Saturday night ffs? Strange...🤔

Alcohol, trolls, Hibs, or a combination of all 3? It is all very strange.

25 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

:rofl:

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Who cares about other clubs ?

To be frank, I don't give a toss what other clubs do. That's their business. 

I only care about the Hearts, and anyone with half a brain can see that we want Stendel and that discussions are ongoing. If they weren't,  then we would have moved on. 

If we have to move on then so be it. 

4 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Agree with the sentiment 100% jonno, but I’m a bit disappointed you’ve posted a comment without your obligatory assassination of all things Hibs. 6/10 😊👍🏼

Jonno did, Mr Sifter, as per.

Jean Louis Valois

Hopefully he punts the whole coaching team if he comes in. That numpty John Daly posting photos of himself on social media dressed up as a Christmas elf 2 hours before we play a game, proper professional behaviour.

Edited by Jean Louis Valois

Mate sat in front of Directors box, If he’s at game today he isn’t with Ann Budge or the other Hearts reps.

Maybe he’s gone incognito 

2E66F762-9E55-4C28-B8B7-0F7DF19C9CC4.jpeg

17 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The whole concept that Levein put into place was his Idea of a Boot Room whereby one leaves the next one moves up. Imagine if Cathro and McPhee were a success and had left Daly would be in charge with Fox as his assistant what a nightmare that would of been.

You complained we didn't have a plan in place - when we clearly did. 

So instead of addressing my point, you double down and mump about the plan, that you said we didn't have, except we did - which Hearts conceded wasn't working and have changed in terms of scouting and hiring the next manager.

Which is it then - let me guess, whichever position gives you an excuse for another ill-informed rant, presumably.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

You got it.

Fair enough with regards to Leicester. They identified and appointed BR and he has done well so far.

You cannot however compare our managerial search to that of Spurs, United and even Leicester. They pay astronomical wages and can pretty much appoint whoever they want. Jose was an easy appointment for Spurs; available, lives in London and happy to take 10m a season or whatever he's getting. United have spent close to a billion pounds on players since Fergie left and are still miles off competing at the top end of the table. On top of that the support hate the owners and want their 'club legend' manager removed asap.

You need to chill out Mitch. It's looking increasingly likely that Stendel and his staff will be appointed this week. Lets put your toys back in the pram until then.

1 hour ago, Scunny 123 said:

Thanks for posting mate and appreciate the info. 

Stendal seems like a risk worth taking in my opinion. More ambitious than McColl anyway.

If your brother ends up here tell him one thing - **** the Hibs. Best of luck to Scunny for the rest of the year.

Can’t help but think that if he was due to sign he’d have been watching from the stands today. 

2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Can’t help but think that if he was due to sign he’d have been watching from the stands today. 

Correct. 

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

My thoughts as well.

Five weeks and we dont appear to be close to an appointment.

Let's wait till we are mathematically relegated. 

5 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Absolutely. We don't know he isn't yet but you'd have thought someone would have spotted him if he was.

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

We had a plan for progression just as you talk of, but the Cathro hiring (of someone who was on our radar to slot into that progession system) and a lot of kickback at the thought of promoting one of the coaches up the way has done for that. I'm certain you'll have moaned plenty times about the "5 year plan".

So it's been changed and we clearly drew up a plan to hire from outwith the club, someone as Budge stated "with experience".

- clearly made a move for Stendel after those interviews identified him as our preferred candidate, meeting our defined requirements 
- spent time in protracted negotiations with Stendel who clearly has options as well as ourselves

We are clearly very well organised, almost painstakingly, and are not just leaping for any manager available to get that initial new coach bounce (as clearly happened with Heckingbottom and Hibs, as an example).

You also have absolutely zero evidence that we don't keep tabs on potential manager replacements - Cathro was 100% on our radar so that actually disproves your complaint. 

The club is a complete shambles.... you’ve painted a picture of control. I see an owner who was too blind too see either through infatuation or from a lack of any football brain.  Not saying her passion and work ethic aren’t incredible... but,
We’ve been subjected to a football freak show for years, despite the fans ponying up a fortune !! 

kingantti1874
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

according to some on here we can take as long as we need as long as we find the right man 😂😂😂😂

clowns

6 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Note quite. 

jamboinglasgow

You would think from some on here that a third of the league season has happened since Levein was sacked and not 3 league games (one of which we are half we through.)

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Good post. One of the most sensible on this thread. 

5 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

The club is a complete shambles.... you’ve painted a picture of control. I see an owner who was too blind too see either through infatuation or from a lack of any football brain.  Not saying her passion and work ethic aren’t incredible... but,
We’ve been subjected to a football freak show for years, despite the fans ponying up a fortune !! 

That isn't evidence of a complete shambles though, is it? Some of the evidence is there in terms of turnover and investment in infrastructure.

I do concede, however, that Budge quite clearly found the hiring process difficult last time out and went for what she believed to be a safe, easy hiring in Levein. This time, I assume she is being better advised and much more thorough.

That's one element - a massively important one - but not neccessarilly evidence of lack of control in the areas where Budge is more comfortable, infact it probably attests to the opposite. 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

according to some on here we can take as long as we need as long as we find the right man 😂😂😂😂

clowns

According to some on here it’s five weeks when it’s barely more than four. Clowns. 

looks like she is following the process but been held up by negotiations with the preferred candidate. What should she do? Just walk away from her preferred candidate in the huff? 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

According to some on here it’s five weeks when it’s barely more than four. Clowns. 

looks like she is following the process but been held up by negotiations with the preferred candidate. What should she do? Just walk away from her preferred candidate in the huff? 

Following 'the process' she may well be, but if 'the process' takes this long then I would suggest that 'the process' is wrong.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

fans on here "we want a better class of manager."

Hearts go for a better class of manager which takes time due to complex negotiation and persuading the candidate and advise fans from start it may take a while.

Same fans "this is taking too long, it should have been done in a week, get Ann Budge out."

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

fans on here "we want a better class of manager."

Hearts go for a better class of manager which takes time due to complex negotiation and persuading the candidate and advise fans from start it may take a while.

Same fans "this is taking too long, it should have been done in a week, get Ann Budge out."

Great point 

6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

That isn't evidence of a complete shambles though, is it? Some of the evidence is there in terms of turnover and investment in infrastructure.

I do concede, however, that Budge quite clearly found the hiring process difficult last time out and went for what she believed to be a safe, easy hiring in Levein. This time, I assume she is being better advised and much more thorough.

That's one element - a massively important one - but not neccessarilly evidence of lack of control in the areas where Budge is more comfortable, infact it probably attests to the opposite. 

We’ve spent a fortune on a squad that is imbalanced and full of duds on long term expensive deals. There are no goal and zero flair. 

The creator of this shambles is still employed, he has proven to be unsackable due to a wholly abnormal relationship with the owner.

Worst of all we have forgotten that we are a football club. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

When did he become the preferred candidate? 3 weeks after we wasted time interviewing clowns like McCann? 

EVERY football club the owner should have one eye on who’s next as football managers are only ever short term appointments, an absolute farce that she only started thinking about it after levein was given the bullet.. 

Stendel would have been my #1 choice 5 weeks ago but it should be time boxed.. not drag on endlessly.. 

her process is more suited to finding a marketing lead than a football manager. 

there are very good reasons that football teams tend to re-appoint within a week or 2 especially for mid season appointments.

• davemclaren locked this topic