Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Samuel Camazzola
15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Felons in Brisbane, Eumundie Lager in Noosa and various white wines in Melbourne and Sydney. 

Beautiful.

An some epic tan lines from those canary yellow budgie smugglers! 😎 😂 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

46 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Agree with the sentiment 100% jonno, but I’m a bit disappointed you’ve posted a comment without your obligatory assassination of all things Hibs. 6/10 😊👍🏼

I wouldnae even give the big Jessie a 6/10, Mr S.  :sad: 

43 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've mellowed in my old age, my friend.

I dinnae like it, get back to ripping the shit out of the Vermin, Jonno.

Tout feckin suite.  :wink: 

:fth:

Just now, Sid said:

Ok. We are agreed then. Give it a bit more time to get Stendel in. Not ideal but hopefully worth the wait. 

We have no choice in the matter, no.

Only stating what I think the reasons are for how long it’s taking us.

Hey ho, off to Ibrox !

2 hours ago, Masonic said:

no worries i just find it funny that ive never heard of a guy before then soon as the speculation started more than half the posters on here seem to be like yeah lets press high klopp style this is who we should have went for all along etc which is a bit pathetic imo

You’re not alone. I know my dad didn’t have a clue about who he was and whilst I’d heard of him I couldn’t tell you much more than I knew he got Barnsley promoted on a smaller budget.

For me the choices in our league were a little underwhelming and apart from Ross or Warnock I wasn’t keen on.

Klopp is the flavour of the month and along with managers like Farke and Wagner there’s a lot of fans who favour these German coaches. Doesnt mean they’re going to be successful but the initial signs of Stendel are good.

12 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

An some epic tan lines from those canary yellow budgie smugglers! 😎 😂 

:lol: 

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye ok. 

Jack Toss is a cheesy knobbed twat.

:fth:

Good lad.  :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

You’re not alone. I know my dad didn’t have a clue about who he was and whilst I’d heard of him I couldn’t tell you much more than I knew he got Barnsley promoted on a smaller budget.

For me the choices in our league were a little underwhelming and apart from Ross or Warnock I wasn’t keen on.

Klopp is the flavour of the month and along with managers like Farke and Wagner there’s a lot of fans who favour these German coaches. Doesnt mean they’re going to be successful but the initial signs of Stendel are good.

Aye, for the last 134 months maybe. 

38 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

It's based on is being bottom of the league and added to by our rivals sacking and appointing a manger and moving 8 points clear of us. There's no reason not to be concerned.

They’ve played 2 games more than we have. So let’s put that into perspective.

I think we’re taking our time, but she said 4-6 weeks IMO there’s a reason for that. If it goes longer than 6 weeks then I’d be starting to worry. Until then we need to stay calm. I’m not sure a new manager would effect the result today regardless, but we really need someone sorted this week.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I think we’re taking our time, but she said 4-6 weeks IMO there’s a reason for that. If it goes longer than 6 weeks then I’d be starting to worry. Until then we need to stay calm. I’m not sure a new manager would effect the result today regardless, but we really need someone sorted this week.

Barnsley hummed and hehed replacing Stendel himself. In 8 days they look a far better unit,  because they have a direction again. Sooner you get it done the better 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Barnsley hummed and hehed replacing Stendel himself. In 8 days they look a far better unit,  because they have a direction again. Sooner you get it done the better 

Not much we can do now, just have to hope we have someone in place this week.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Watford have just sacked Sanchez Flores who was appointed very quick. Doesn't always work

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

Ken what yer sayin but it’s only as the weeks have passed that people are losing their shit. Didnae hear many complaining when Budge first set that timescale to be honest. But I have to say, if people WERE pissed off with the timescale from day one, have they really been churning out this ‘this Is a joke’ mantra every day between now and then? What a waste of energy naw?

To be fair, I’ve not been happy with the 4-6 week timescale since day 1. 

Holyrood_Hearts
54 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

It's based on is being bottom of the league and added to by our rivals sacking and appointing a manger and moving 8 points clear of us. There's no reason not to be concerned.

Spot on 

11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It will be one after today and we won't be any closer to them, also it's far more likely we lose games in hand rather than win them so points on the board is more important. Aside from it being a concern it's also incredibly tedious, nothing is ever straight forward or transparent which leads to fans playing guessing games and getting more frustrated.

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The new manager has lost 2 out of 3 games. 

46 minutes ago, Boab said:

We have no choice in the matter, no.

Only stating what I think the reasons are for how long it’s taking us.

Hey ho, off to Ibrox !

Respect. 

2 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Clearly. Do other clubs take 4-6 weeks to appoint managers? If this was any other club we’d be mocking them, yet on here apparently it’s fine. 

What have I made up exactly? 

If you read my post I've quoted you and asked if you have information or if you've just made it up .

Holyrood_Hearts
7 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

If you read my post I've quoted you and asked if you have information or if you've just made it up .

Information about what?  

I still don’t know what I’ve apparently made up so if can let me know 👍🏻

Edited by Holyrood_Hearts

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, TheTrumpet said:

ITK?

No-one on here is ITK. Anyone who's read even a portion of this car crash could comfortably say that.

Just now, Nunya Business said:

No-one on here is ITK. Anyone who's read even a portion of this car crash could comfortably say that.

Hm...who to believe..?

24 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

It will be one after today and we won't be any closer to them, also it's far more likely we lose games in hand rather than win them so points on the board is more important. Aside from it being a concern it's also incredibly tedious, nothing is ever straight forward or transparent which leads to fans playing guessing games and getting more frustrated.

You don't say.

7 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Information about what?  

7 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Information about what?  

Probably best if you read your own post as well ?

I asked if you have information or if you have made it up re 'the process has been unnecessary dragged out by the club'

Not sure how clear I can make it ?

You have information that the club has delayed this process unnecessarily (even though it is in the time frame given) ?

Or did you just make it up ?

AlphonseCapone

Greeting on a message board about shambles and demanding updates is as effective as not questioning anything. Stop pretending your moaning makes any difference 👍

36 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I Don’t disagree really but she said 4-6 weeks rightly or wrongly that’s her timeframe, nothing this week will tell us everything. I’m not convinced Stendal is the man we’re getting but I do think she’s been working on other candidates. Her trip to Manchester was for a reason and I think she may have met with someone Man City related down there.

cardboardcutout

Thinking logically it would counter-productive to announce a new manager just before a tough trip to Mordor! I'm optimistic it will be scarf round neck tomorrow. :flag2:

4 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

Thinking logically it would counter-productive to announce a new manager just before a tough trip to Mordor! I'm optimistic it will be scarf round neck tomorrow. :flag2:

Right before a must win match midweek?  Are the board that much a bunch of shitebags they can’t announce it before the huns in case we get shagged yet sack Levein right before the league cup Semi? 

Well run clubs are looking/scouting players of all ages season after season. It is like a conveyor belt. A player moves on and your scouts have identified a few replacements. If I was an owner of a club like Hearts I’d also be looking into possible future managers, coach’s, scouts, physio’s ect. and keeping the list updated every month. It makes good business sense and would make sure replacing an employee far quicker than what we’re going through with Ann Budge fudging about like an owner who can’t make up her mind. It’s being organised and very simple to put into practice.

Holyrood_Hearts
3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Probably best if you read your own post as well ?

I asked if you have information or if you have made it up re 'the process has been unnecessary dragged out by the club'

Not sure how clear I can make it ?

You have information that the club has delayed this process unnecessarily (even though it is in the time frame given) ?

Or did you just make it up ?

Was that it? 

Its my opinion the club have dragged out this process. We initially announced we were looking to appoint a SD before the manager but that quickly changed since I think only Alan Irvine has been interviewed for that role.

There wasn’t a need to have a closing date for inviting applications (8 days after sacking CL) There wasn’t a need to divide candidates into unemployed/employed to then begin interviewing. Then after interviewing McCann, McCall, Cotterill, Irvine, Ross from the unemployed list, the only one we’ve interviewed who’s employed is Stendel who’s technically on gardening leave.

If Stendel is the preferred candidate that’s fine but why did it take so long to get round to interviewing him? We should’ve had a shortlist of who we wanted to approach & gone with that instead going around the houses.

Is any of the above made up? 

6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well run clubs are looking/scouting players of all ages season after season. It is like a conveyor belt. A player moves on and your scouts have identified a few replacements. If I was an owner of a club like Hearts I’d also be looking into possible future managers, coach’s, scouts, physio’s ect. and keeping the list updated every month. It makes good business sense and would make sure replacing an employee far quicker than what we’re going through with Ann Budge fudging about like an owner who can’t make up her mind. It’s being organised and very simple to put into practice.

Can you please give us three examples of these types of clubs?

Don’t say City or Liverpool. 

Just now, Bad Religion said:

Can you please give us three examples of these types of clubs?

Don’t say City or Liverpool. 

Spurs? Watford? Hibs even.  

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Spurs? Watford? Hibs even.  

Spurs fans have been moaning nearly as much as us this season even though they were in the CL final a few months ago. Watford have just sacked the same manager they sacked a few months ago. Hibs???

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

Spurs fans have been moaning nearly as much as us this season even though they were in the CL final a few months ago. Watford have just sacked the same manager they sacked a few months ago. Hibs???

All three clubs sacked their manager with someone else in mind to bring in fairly prompt.  Jack Ross should have been our next manager, not a gamble from down south that doesn’t even seem that committed. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Last Laff said:

All three clubs sacked their manager with someone else in mind to bring in fairly prompt.  Jack Ross should have been our next manager, not a gamble from down south that doesn’t even seem that committed. 

How do you know he’s not committed?

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

How do you know he’s not committed?

He didn’t accept our first offer. 

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

How do you know this?

I don’t. I was just guessing why some could think him as non-commited. 😄

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t. I was just guessing why some could think him as non-commited. 😄

Phew!

I thought I missed something.

5 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

He will be watching his new squad play the rangers today 

From the stand at Ibrox or on Sky in a Barnsley boozer?

20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We had a plan for progression just as you talk of, but the Cathro hiring (of someone who was on our radar to slot into that progession system) and a lot of kickback at the thought of promoting one of the coaches up the way has done for that. I'm certain you'll have moaned plenty times about the "5 year plan".

So it's been changed and we clearly drew up a plan to hire from outwith the club, someone as Budge stated "with experience".

- we made a short list of those who met the initial criteria

- aded anyone on our radar or who came into our radar that met said criteria
- we've interviewed those available 
- clearly made a move for Stendel after those interviews identified him as our preferred candidate, meeting our defined requirements 
- spent time in protracted negotiations with Stendel who clearly has options as well as ourselves

We are clearly very well organised, almost painstakingly, and are not just leaping for any manager available to get that initial new coach bounce (as clearly happened with Heckingbottom and Hibs, as an example).

You also have absolutely zero evidence that we don't keep tabs on potential manager replacements - Cathro was 100% on our radar so that actually disproves your complaint. 

1 minute ago, Haken said:

From the stand at Ibrox or on Sky in a Barnsley boozer?

Not from Sky H, not on telly.:15:

15 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

As I’m sure you’re aware we’re not operating in the same market as Spurs. Watford are bottom of the league and their managerial Circus continues, hardly well run. 

If we’d appointed Jack Ross you’d have argued we were unambitious and taken the cheap easy option. 

In any case I wanted  reply from @mitch41

• davemclaren locked this topic