Odds on next manager

DB-14

Leveins Battalion

Why are we pissing about,just get on the blower and get Stevie Robinson in before we get left with some shite no one else wants.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Why are we pissing about,just get on the blower and get Stevie Robinson in before we get left with some shite no one else wants.

I think the club is right to take there time on this mate Robinson is not a bad manager but there is defo better people for the job 

Shanks said no

Skybet at 2100 favourites only

Steve Robinson      11/10     going to NI?
Jack Ross                 7/2        Hibs bound?
Roy Keane                  5/1       
Austin MacPhee         8/1     going to Stoke?
David Moyes             10/1     not interested
Neil McCann               11/1     not a big name
Nigel Adkins               12/1
Andy Kirk                   14/1       too inexperienced
Mark Hughes             14/1
Gary Holt                    16/1        not a big name
Gordon Strachan        16/1
Ian Holloway               16/1
John Robertson          16/1      love him but no

Stendel at 20/1

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Skybet at 2100 favourites only

Steve Robinson      11/10
Jack Ross                 7/2
Roy Keane                  5/1
Austin MacPhee         8/1
David Moyes             10/1
Neil McCann               11/1
Nigel Adkins               12/1
Andy Kirk                   14/1
Mark Hughes             14/1
Gary Holt                    16/1
Gordon Strachan        16/1
Ian Holloway               16/1
John Robertson          16/1

Stendel at 20/1

Will be interesting to see the market for Northern Ireland job once O’Neill has been confirmed as some of these candidates will also be listed 

3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Only source I have is the boy I know it cans from is really pally with Hibs players. He’s been wrong before but I got told about McNulty going to them before it happened.

I’m not saying it’s untrue, but if all the Hibs players know about it then I’m a wee bit surprised it’s not all over the media - the dressing room will be full of blabbermouths with friends in the press.

Christophe pelissier is a name my friend has been telling me about saying he would be a really good fit for hearts a must say av never heard of him but had a quick search and might be worth a shot 

Just have  a feeling we will approach Motherwell for Robinson after all the gnashing of teeth, don't think it odds on he will accept, but fancy he will be next manager in Gorgie

6 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Derek Adams can be taken off the bookies list as got the morecambe job

Heard we wanted to speak to him but were to late 

11 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Just have  a feeling we will approach Motherwell for Robinson after all the gnashing of teeth, don't think it odds on he will accept, but fancy he will be next manager in Gorgie

That's who I think we will end up with as well, which I'd be quite happy with. 

29 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I’m hoping the sporting director has a better option and/or the applicants are well above Robinson’s level

36 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Is he very experienced and high profile?

portobellojambo1

Nothing to back this up but I wouldn't discount Jim Jefferies as Sporting Director and Neil McCann as manager.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

It was.  He leaked it to his media pals and that’s why it was all over online and embarrassed the tramps into sacking shitey arse and making a statement.  Classless as anything. 

Probably caught on video as well.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Nothing to back this up but I wouldn't discount Jim Jefferies as Sporting Director and Neil McCann as manager.

2 awful appointments 

Sporting director is not a job for JJ. It's a 'laptop' job.

50 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Christophe pelissier is a name my friend has been telling me about saying he would be a really good fit for hearts a must say av never heard of him but had a quick search and might be worth a shot 

Became manager of FC Lorient in May 2019

Tom Hardy’s Dug
38 minutes ago, gorgie rools said:

Dear God

I am not sure about that though - if we wanted to speak to him my guess is that’s because he applied. If he applied why the **** would he go to Morecambe before speaking to us?

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Please....🙄

McCann is neither experienced nor high profile......Ann Budge would be doing herself zero favours buy employing him.

And JJ is not Sporting Director material either.

Fly the Saltire
3 hours ago, tynewater said:

Pity if he does join them, think he would be a good choice for us. Ross has demonstrated that he can motivate teams,  be successful and play attacking football. Nothing is guaranteed with any manager, but I'm confident he'd do better than the big-names being bandied about like Keane, Adkins etc... I think they'd come in, sign a few huddies from England, win their first game and lose the next ten, then quit stating that we don't match their ambitions. 

Spot on

9 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I could see Jefferies as an adviser to McCann but not sporting director. We would have to have missed out on main targets surely for this to happen

Will we get the new manager watching from the stands job on Saturday? 

Happens often but I don’t think it will. Can see Hearts using the international break to take more time to decide.  

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Dear God

I am not sure about that though - if we wanted to speak to him my guess is that’s because he applied. If he applied why the **** would he go to Morecambe before speaking to us?

Not sure. Maybe he'd already agreed terms. They might pay more. Hearing also that hibs spoke to jack Ross today and want to speak to nathan Jones 

Walter Bishop
19 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I can see this aswell but would go against Ann Budge`s description of the manager she wants. I think we will end up with John Robertson.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Happens often but I don’t think it will. Can see Hearts using the international break to take more time to decide.  

Would doubt it because they not starting interviews until next week apparently 

Maroon Sailor
7 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Derek Adams can be taken off the bookies list as got the morecambe job

Morecambe could be a wise move for him

16 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Hopefully none of the players die on international duty ... make it a slightly harder sell.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Could be a nice little erner.

Be hoping to bring them sunshine to the club 

45 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Dear God

1 hour ago, gorgie rools said:

If as being reported we wanted to speak to Derek Adams then we truly are in trouble if this is the standard we are considering.....

FFS get Steve Robinson in the door, I really don’t trust the Hearts hierarchy to get this decision right. 🥺

Edited by jbee647

Just noticed that Hearts, “on this day,” on Twitter is showing a Hearts win at Aberdeen in 2004. Robbo won at Pittodrie, too. Just saying 😎

Not seeing a single name we have been linked to that would get me even remotely excited.

See that we seemingly just missed on Derek Adam's...

3 minutes ago, Morph said:

Derek Adams ffs.  Surely to god we weren’t seriously considering him?

If true, I’m seriously concerned where we are heading... most likely “The Championship “

LarrysRightFoot

Genuinely shocked O’Neill is taking the Stoke job. He really could get better I think (and I’m not referring to us). 

What we need is a manager who knows how to play Tynecastle. The stadium design and pitch dimensions are suited to high intensity football.

George Burley knew this and set out to get the crowd on side. Early goals and a pressing style are massive for us at home. Do those things and the crowd gets behind us and the opposition stutter. 

Don’t do it and play slow timid football the crowd are on your back and it’s difficult to recover, as Levein found to his peril, 

2 minutes ago, Col4444 said:

Haven't seen Davie Robertson (Kashmir) mentioned anywhere, he's held in high regard is he not ? 

First post,cherry popped!

And you popped it with that suggestion?!?