Odds on next manager

DB-14

Parttimer1874
21 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

At this rate we're going to miss out on Ross and Robinson. Dither and delay ...

Good. A Sergio type appointment would get me interested. i.e. one from left field. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

When you read the absolute rubbish about potential managers on the JKB forum and the comments about AB, you have to seriously worry about what will happen when FOH take over ownership of the club.

Luscious Laryea
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

By a distance. It's not quite Gretna proportions but they are spending. 

Lad on loan from Aberdeen gets better treatment than he does in the youth team, for example. Recovery sessions,  massage etc

Indeed. They're throwing money around for fun up there with very few players that helped them gain promotion. Good luck to Sir Paul but it's not a true gage of success.

AB did not say we are after a high profile manager. She replied "why not" when asked about someone like Moyes or Keane. Not the same as we are looking for a high profile manager. I just know that when we appoint someone, loads will be saying where's the high profile we was promised , over and over again

31 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

At this rate we're going to miss out on Ross and Robinson. Dither and delay ...

Miss out or not interested in them in the first place?

If we are/were interested in them then I'm sure discussions would be taking place in the background. You and I have no idea what is being done at the moment. Certainly not in any position to accuse the club of dithering and delaying.

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

AB did not say we are after a high profile manager. She replied "why not" when asked about someone like Moyes or Keane. Not the same as we are looking for a high profile manager. I just know that when we appoint someone, loads will be saying where's the high profile we was promised , over and over again

She actually did.

"Look at some of the other managers we have in Scotland at the moment. A few years ago we would've been questioning whether that was possible. Hearts is no different. We need to compete with the top clubs in Scotland and to do that I want to ensure that we get a very experienced and high-profile manager."

28 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That was actually the story doing rounds on Facebook 

Imagine this place if he got the job  

The board should just get a move on and go for Stendel, Nathan Jones, Adkins,  Robinson, Robbie or Jack Ross. Those guys ain’t going to please everyone but for me they are acceptable and are better than names like “Derek ****ing Adams” , dear lord 🤦🏻‍♂️ Better than Neil McCann or Snake because that looks like the level of shite the board will be chasing. 

1 minute ago, SM Sheffield said:

McPhee’s odds tumbling. I appreciate it is only based on bets placed but that would be a massive cop out. 

If she gives Mcphee the job then everyone should boycott the club until she hires someone else. 

He is just as culpable as Levein and has lost a huge number of matches in his time as Assistant to both him and Cathro!!!

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The board should just get a move on and go for Stendel, Nathan Jones, Adkins. Those guys ain’t going to please everyone but for me they are acceptable and are better than names like “Derek ****ing Adams” , dear lord 🤦🏻‍♂️ Better than Neil McCann or Snake because that looks like the level of shite the board will be chasing. 

agree but have deleted some names.. I think it’s a mistake to take so long.. we should have been preparing for the worst and have had people in mind before levein was given the bullet

Just now, OldGorgie said:

When you read the absolute rubbish about potential managers on the JKB forum and the comments about AB, you have to seriously worry about what will happen when FOH take over ownership of the club.

This been been explained ad nauseum !

Supporters will be nowhere near any decision making when FOH take over. 
For their own good as well as the club. 
We’ll pay people to make decisions. A bit like it’s always been !

August Landmesser
23 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

ownership =/= management

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

agree but have deleted some names.. I think it’s a mistake to take so long.. we should have been preparing for the worst and have had people in mind before levein was given the bullet

:laugh: Indeed mate. We’ll end up with some cheap ass appointment and the board will have no DoF to hide behind this time. 

7 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

McPhee’s odds tumbling. I appreciate it is only based on bets placed but that would be a massive cop out. 

The only bet i'd be placing regarding MacPhee is that he'll be at Stoke by the end of the month

10 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

I think if he continues as interim manager for 10 games the betting companies consider that he has been the next manager and pay out.

But seems more likely he will move to Stoke now.

Byyy The Light
9 minutes ago, rick witter said:

If she gives Mcphee the job then everyone should boycott the club until she hires someone else. 

He is just as culpable as Levein and has lost a huge number of matches in his time as Assistant to both him and Cathro!!!

Agree 100%.

I'm away for a lie down.

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Haken said:

C'mon, Mods, not even subtle.  'shanyaks' ffs.  Get this spoon burner punted back to fisters.net.

😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

A number of newspapers have quotes attributed to her saying she is after a high profile manager?

36 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Would anybody take Roberto di Matteo?Dont think he has been mentioned yet.

Without a shadow of a doubt 

Wages would be an issue 

Shanks said no

Skybet favourites around 1200

Steve Robinson     7/4

Austin MacPhee    3/1

Jack Ross                5/1

Roy Keane                5/1

David Moyes           10/1

Neil McCann            11/1

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Steve Robinson     7/4

Austin MacPhee    3/1

How the hell is Moyes still quoted?  Presumably numbskulls who can't read or don't have a tele and don't know he's categorically ruled himself out still putting money on him?

Edited by Horatio Caine

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Steve Robinson     7/4

Austin MacPhee    3/1

Christ that list is an absolute shocker

Maroon Sailor

This could be another " After looking at the applications it was decided that we had the best man for the job already at the club "

Maroon Sailor
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Christ that list is an absolute shocker

The tea lady could make it on to that list

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

This could be another " After looking at the applications it was decided that we had the best man for the job already at the club "

Think that would be the beginning of the end for ann.

29 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

This wouldn't end well 😒

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

“I’m off to Stoke unless you give me a crack at the managers job”

taxi for mcphee

Cheerio McPhee 🤞🏻 

3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Steve Robinson     7/4

Austin MacPhee    3/1

Robinson is favourite for NI but might prefer to stay in club football at this stage in his career.

McPhee will be eyeing a move to Stoke.

Ross will go to Hibs.

Keane would be a disaster.

Moyes isn't interested.

McCann has no track record.

Hopefully there are better options on the short list of actual applicants.

It still amazes me that people don't realise how betting works. Just because Macphees odds have dropped doesn't mean anything. Everybody on this forum could go out and put a bet on somebody outside the favourites and by then end of the day they fav

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Serious cash being put on McPhee he's now evens 😒

Not that I doubted you

skybet at 1215

Austin MacPhee

1/1

Steve Robinson

4/1

Jack Ross

5/1

Roy Keane

5/1

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Steve Robinson     7/4

Austin MacPhee    3/1

Moyes

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Not that I doubted you

skybet at 1215

Austin MacPhee

1/1

Steve Robinson

4/1

Jack Ross

5/1

Roy Keane

5/1

Levein must have put a lot of money on him. 

42 minutes ago, Boab said:

This been been explained ad nauseum !

Supporters will be nowhere near any decision making when FOH take over. 
For their own good as well as the club. 
We’ll pay people to make decisions. A bit like it’s always been !

Yes I know but that won’t stop the knowalls and opinionated  morons on JKB bombarding the FOH representatives ad nauseum when things go wrong.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, pointon said:

That sends a shiver down the spine 

It does.

No decent candidates so McPhee gets the job.😩

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It does.

No decent candidates so McPhee gets the job.😩

Praying it’s Hibs fan’s lumping it on as a wind up🤞🏻

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pity Betfair don't do manager specials. Happily lay Evens on Austin.

I wouldn't worry too much, I think all this seems to note, the obvious target is heading to Belfast

So just cause Ann keeps things in house and doesn’t do tittle tattle for the press and the bookies there are tears and snotters all over the shop. The deadline for applications is today so I’d imagine the real short list will be drawn up over the next couple of days.

The press have to tell the idiots something. As do the bookies. There is money at stake for them. Let’s all just calm the duck fown. 

14 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Done the exact same as what happened when Levein got the job... do we ever learn, absolute disaster if he gets the job 

Nothing has been done and Austin MacPhee will not be the next Heart of Midlothian manager. If enough of us put money on Klopp he'd be on the bookies list. What don't people understand about this?

My guess is that folk have heard about O Neill going to Stoke, believe he might make an approach for Austin and that Ann will give Austin the manager's job rather than let him go. Hence they've trotted to the bookies to put money on him. Odds slashed.

Having seen her coupon last weekend after the Semi final I think the opposite is true

Edited by Jamhammer

Where is all this panic coming from?

MacPhee will not get the post - or should I say it’s very unlikely he will - ABs comments clearly highlighted a need and desire to get an experienced manager in - of which he is not.  And she was hardly going to tell the press he had no chance of getting the post  - what would that do for his motivation! 

Odds mean absolutely 🦆 all. David Obua has been listed by the bookies FFS 😂 

Macphees odds have shortened with some bookies purely down to punters whacking money on him probably because they don’t have a scooby who else will get the role.

We have no idea of the Official list applicants. The press certainly don’t. What they write, particularly rags like the Sun have to be taken with a pinch of salt, if not a whole bucket! 

All will be revealed next week probably,  regarding who’s applied and who is actually getting an interview.  

2 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Where is all this panic coming from?

MacPhee will not get the post - or should I say it’s very unlikely he will - ABs comments clearly highlighted a need and desire to get an experienced manager in - of which he is not.  And she was hardly going to tell the press he had no chance of getting the post  - what would that do for his motivation! 

Odds mean absolutely 🦆 all. David Obua has been listed by the bookies FFS 😂 

Macphees odds have shortened with some bookies purely down to punters whacking money on him probably because they don’t have a scooby who else will get the role.

We have no idea of the Official list applicants. The press certainly don’t. What they write, particularly rags like the Sun have to be taken with a pinch of salt, if not a whole bucket! 

All will be revealed next week probably,  regarding who’s applied and who is actually getting an interview.  

I think it'll be a very interesting list, There are a lot of unemployed football managers and wannabe football managers out there. A real shocker, in a good way could have applied.

This appointment needs to be one that will pacify/unite the support. I don't believe, for one minute anyone from within the current set up would do this and neither would a Pressley or McCann