Odds on next manager

DB-14

19 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

I also believe we will approach someone who is currently unattached to a club and from down south. I think we are looking to avoid paying a compensation fee for a new manager.

Hopefully you are correct and it’s Nathan Jones 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Selkirkhmfc1874
16 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly! See when our wee bitches along the city got rid of downthebottom they also got shot of his assistant which way it should be while we've still got the bad smell levein around the club aswell as his assistant ! Losers mentality 

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Both terms are fairly ambiguous. High profile where? Scotland? The term could be used for Neil McCann, John Robertson and more.

Experienced. Well Robinson has managed 2 clubs, that’s experience. 

Moyes, Keane and O’Neill were always very unlikely.

Robinson isn’t experienced,  less than 160 games. Arguably hasn’t improved either of his clubs fortunes (wait and see re this season). 

Edited by soonbe110

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's a fact our wee bitches got shot of the manager and his assistant while our losers mentality makes another job title for our failed manager and if rumours are to be believed our failed assistant manager is in running for main job 

Care to expand/explain that one.

8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's a fact our wee bitches got shot of the manager and his assistant while our losers mentality makes another job title for our failed manager and if rumours are to be believed our failed assistant manager is in running for main job 

Referring to whom?

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, graygo said:

Care to expand/explain that one.

It's fairly obvious ! He's not on the board now , not director of football and not head coach but Mrs Budge gave him some other title when at any other football club he been shown the door

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Barack said:

"Cancer." That what you're going with? Hyperbole overload. 

If you want to worry about hypothetical shit brought up on a fans' forum, or taking as gospel something from a west coast rag, no worries. 

Yours & others unhealthy vindictiveness towards Levein, summarised by use of the word Cancer,  (whom I'd not wish on my worst enemy) is frankly pathetic. And you're actually one of the more rational ones on here normally.

There's not one person on here, or in the media, or anyone outside of Hearts' boardroom that has a clue who's been contacted, or what Levein's actually doing.

The forum is for discussion I believe? Been a good ****ing while since I've seen that on here. 

Cancer. **** sake.

:facepalm:

Agree with you I shouldn't have used that word and have removed it and I apologise to anybody offended 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's fairly obvious ! He's not on the board now , not director of football and not head coach but Mrs Budge gave him some other title when at any other football club he been shown the door

What title?

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

Where is all this panic coming from?

MacPhee will not get the post - or should I say it’s very unlikely he will - ABs comments clearly highlighted a need and desire to get an experienced manager in - of which he is not.  And she was hardly going to tell the press he had no chance of getting the post  - what would that do for his motivation! 

Odds mean absolutely 🦆 all. David Obua has been listed by the bookies FFS 😂 

Macphees odds have shortened with some bookies purely down to punters whacking money on him probably because they don’t have a scooby who else will get the role.

We have no idea of the Official list applicants. The press certainly don’t. What they write, particularly rags like the Sun have to be taken with a pinch of salt, if not a whole bucket! 

All will be revealed next week probably,  regarding who’s applied and who is actually getting an interview.  

We'll never know the last thing re interviews

I suppose we should have expected McPhee when Budge said he was "very experienced"

Anyway if he's earned it by impressing with his work ethic then fair play. He knows the players and has an attitude that seems half full not half empty 

I just hope to god Ann Budge gets a Sporting Director and a Management team headed by a manager who is the right person to take Hearts to the top of Scottish football. It’s still early enough to move up the league and qualify for European football and do well in the Scottish Cup. Our fans are expecting her to get these appointments right we don’t want any more duds.

9 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

After the last two appointments, I'm not confident at all that Dr Budge will make a good choice this time.

I'm not sure it's worth getting too excited one way or the other based bookies' odds though? :unsure:

Agreed.

No-one has a clue who has applied for the post. There will be people on the betting list who haven’t even applied no doubt, that’s the irony.

There will be people who placed money on Moyes before even knowing if he applied or not. As it transpired he didn’t and won’t be. It’s like betting on a horse to win a race without knowing if the horse is even going to run in that race. Madness!!

Why people are getting their knickers in a twist about betting lists and a newspaper “understands” pish is beyond me.

56 minutes ago, pointon said:

Possibly we spoke to high profile candidates and they do not fancy it now down to the dregs 

Based on Zero. Have we "spoken" to anyone? Applications closed today, apparently. Press links us to someone. They say not interested. That's all we have thus far. I'll save the hysteria for when we bring Cathro back. (Before he starts to figure in the betting that is a joke)

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Serial loser

So you just made shit up then?

He is a paid employee of the club and Ann Budge explained after he was relieved of his duties as head coach, director of football and removed from the board of directors what role he would be fulfilling while his contract ran down.

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I suppose we should have expected McPhee when Budge said he was "very experienced"

Anyway if he's earned it by impressing with his work ethic then fair play. He knows the players and has an attitude that seems half full not half empty 

Yeah but he is clearly not up to the standard required. I would be very very very surprised if he got the job, especially after Saturday’s fiasco. If he got the job, I’d not be back again this season as it would be a complete write-off. I think others who have grown bored of tynecastle this season and last would do the same.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, graygo said:

So you just made shit up then?

He is a paid employee of the club and Ann Budge explained after he was relieved of his duties as head coach, director of football and removed from the board of directors what role he would be fulfilling while his contract ran down.

Can you tell me any other football club who'd remove the manager/dof and board member but still have him hanging around the place ? 

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Failure should never be rewarded and that would be the case if McPhee was given the Sporting Director’s job.

He needs to leave Hearts.

Can you tell me any other football club who'd remove the manager/dof and board member but still have him hanging around the place ? 

No, I'd be very surprised if anyone has ever held those positions at the same time.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, mitch41 said:

Failure should never be rewarded and that would be the case if McPhee was given the Sporting Director’s job.

He needs to leave Hearts.

Exactly and the very reason levein should be gone from the football club aswell 

28 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I can't believe she actually came out with that publically.  Was a PR brain fart.  Anyone appointed will be held against that statement and it's not what we need.

We need everyone to get on board with the appointment, but she's given everyone from the press to our more negative-set supporters an instant stick to beat her and the club with.

Daft.  Personally, I'm forgetting she said it!

Until she appoints a high profile and experienced manager?

40 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

I actually think he'd have done a decent job for us. He has contacts in England and knows how big Hearts are as a club. Overall he's done really well as a manager. He sounds better then Robertson, Holt, Wright etc.

We have seen this movie before 🤬

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Jamhammer said:

Until she appoints a high profile and experienced manager?

Yeah she shouldn't have said high profile for sure ! High profile doesn't matter to me tbh, it's more about getting the right man for the job and letting him bring his own backroom team if he chooses 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Austin as dof

Pressley as manager. 

Shelley Kerr as am

Just for the bantz. 

Surprised nobody's fired a tenner on Cathro, just to get his name on the list.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Exactly what? I was questioning what this job title was that had been invented for him.

Nobody has held all those positions at once but in our wisdom we unbelievably done this and then when it all fails inevitably we still keep the guy on ! Don't get me wrong loved Craig levein as a player and so badly wanted him to succeed but he's failed so badly he shouldn't be anywhere near the club now

25 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

You speaking for all of us now then? 

Yes I am and do you want to know why.

I’m always right.

Maybe you haven’t heard, I’m a legend in my own mind.

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Robinson isn’t experienced,  less than 160 games. Arguably hasn’t improved either of his clubs fortunes (wait and see re this season). 

I’ve gone right off the idea of Robinson. He’s still had experience of out league. My only point was, what constitutes experienced is ambiguous, 

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah she shouldn't have said high profile for sure ! High profile doesn't matter to me tbh, it's more about getting the right man for the job and letting him bring his own backroom team if he chooses 

Tbf it was a loaded question. She was directly asked about "high profile" managers. Personally I'm not getting hung up on it either. I'm sure an appropriate appointment will be made with the best interests of the club, at heart.

Nobody has held all those positions at once but in our wisdom we unbelievably done this and then when it all fails inevitably we still keep the guy on ! Don't get me wrong loved Craig levein as a player and so badly wanted him to succeed but he's failed so badly he shouldn't be anywhere near the club now

I disagree, he should be nowhere near the first team but as far as the academy goes I think he still has something to offer and we are right to utilise that.

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agree I'm just posting as everyone seems to have just assumed we WONT appoint someone that will blow our minds.

Having said that I was delighted when we gave Cathro a chance based on what I'd heard about him. Shows I know **** all.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Jack Torrance said:

Tbf it was a loaded question. She was directly asked about "high profile" managers. Personally I'm not getting hung up on it either. I'm sure an appropriate appointment will be made with the best interests of the club, at heart.

Yeah but some will hold it against her If the guy appointed not high profile which she didn't need to say but as i say I'm not interested in high profile as long as right guy for the job

Just now, graygo said:

I disagree, he should be nowhere near the first team but as far as the academy goes I think he still has something to offer and we are right to utilise that.

He, rightly came under a lot of criticism for his tactics. I know nothing about how the academy works but would we not be better with a more modern, forward thinking guy in there?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The football operation is massive, CL has been key is rebuilding it from nothing. 

He should have nothing to do with the first team now, and he hasn't. 

That should really be the end of the debate. 

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Exactly what? I was questioning what this job title was that had been invented for him.

He might not have an official job title yet but he does have a role. AB spoke about how they were discussing the structure and remit with him. The point is, he shouldn’t be an employee of the club anymore. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, graygo said:

See I've said many times Craig levein has done fantastic job rebuilding the academy and he has done but he's tarnished now with what's happened with the first team and that's a real shame ! He shouldn't have been appointed first team head coach and been let get on with the job he was doing in my opinion 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

The football operation is massive, CL has been key is rebuilding it from nothing. 

I’m not particularly bothered by him staying on in some minor role but would prefer him to be gone altogether. 

You’re probably right though. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Absolutely agree craig levein has rebuilt the academy from scratch and deserves enormous credit for doing so but he's tarnished now and needs to go 

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

In what sense are we not in a position to do that?

Just dont we have that pull if I'm brutally honest.

12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Agree I'm just posting as everyone seems to have just assumed we WONT appoint someone that will blow our minds.

Having said that I was delighted when we gave Cathro a chance based on what I'd heard about him. Shows I know **** all.

The hype that the media gave him was way over the top. He was made out to be some sort of messiah for a new brand of football. 
The only thing was he was never a manager of men and couldn’t put the ideas in his brain into a team that performed on the pitch. 
And when that happened the media followed by our support slaughtered him.

Edited by mitch41

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Absolutely agree craig levein has rebuilt the academy from scratch and deserves enormous credit for doing so but he's tarnished now and needs to go 

I think the last part is more emotional than pragmatic tbh. 

If you had a great plumber in your own business and then promoted him because of this to manager for example and he failed, would you sack him.?

I wouldn't sack him, I'd put him back into his plumbing role. 

Sacking him wouldnt be in the best interests for him or for me. 

Emotions aside, if he's integral to the operational side of the business in other ways then it's sensible to keep him on. 

And tbh, as long as we get this appointment correct, Im not bothered if he stays or goes, I just don't see the need to go after him if his new role is nothing to do with the first team. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think the last part is more emotional than pragmatic tbh. 

If you had a great plumber in your own business and then promoted him because of this to manager for example and he failed, would you sack him.?

I wouldn't sack him, I'd put him back into his plumbing role. 

Sacking him wouldnt be in the best interests for him or for me. 

Emotions aside, if he's integral to the operational side of the business in other ways then it's sensible to keep him on. 

And tbh, as long as we get this appointment correct, Im not bothered if he stays or goes, I just don't see the need to go after him if his new role is nothing to do with the first team. 

The longer he's there's always going to be people suspicious of what influence he has in my opinion and it's better for all concerned if he was removed completely and both parties move on ! It's sad it's ended like it has for Craig levein because one of the best players I've ever seen play for hearts and nobody could ever accuse him these past 5 years of not working his socks off either 

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

Might be an idea to keep an eye on the directors box tomorrow.

I’m directly opposite the directors seats in the Wheatfield I’ll have to rely on one of the old guys that sit around me who has binoculars and hope there is a high profile, experienced man manager sitting beside Ann Budge ready to sign a long term contract.

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Might be an idea to keep an eye on the directors box tomorrow.

Possibly but would doubt it if interviews not taking place until next