Odds on next manager

DB-14

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If it's a plan it's not dithering Ffs. 

If you plan something, then follow the plan it's not dithering Ffs. 

Having a plan and implementing it is the opposite from dithering. 

I’m not too bothered about it taking a while. I don’t understand why other clubs can go out and get their preferred choice and we have to take 4-6 weeks. If everyone else is doing things one way and you’re doing them another way, the odds are you’re doing it wrong. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not too bothered about it taking a while. I don’t understand why other clubs can go out and get their preferred choice and we have to take 4-6 weeks. If everyone else is doing things one way and you’re doing them another way, the odds are you’re doing it wrong. 

If Stendel, My gut feeling was his Barnsley Contract. 

He was just freed from that last week. 

Time will tell. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

If Stendel, My gut feeling was his Barnsley Contract. 

He was just freed from that last week. 

Time will tell. 

Yeah, hope so. Way more important to get the right guy than the time it takes. I think what folk are worried about is that we’ll end up with McCall or McCann, who we could probably have landed a day or two after CL left.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, hope so. Way more important to get the right guy than the time it takes. I think what folk are worried about is that we’ll end up with McCall or McCann, who we could probably have landed a day or two after CL left.

Yip and if Stendel falls through it might still go that way. 

Happy we are trying for Stendel tho, over the easier options. 

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Remember he was just freed from his Barnsley Contract. 

If going with Stendel, the negotiation timeline is better starting from the point he was freed from his contract. 

Also ties in with Ann's original time frame of 4-6 weeks. 

Putting 2 and 2 together it's almost like she wanted Stendel from the off, but knew his contract with Barnsley would need to be dealt with. 

Haha, what tripe. Sorry but you really are the uberfan's uberfan.  

Budge is doing a good job if she lands Stendel (that doesn't mean he'll do a good job necessarily) but she's not the messiah. 

I am getting impatient now. I really hope they have someone lined up and are just waiting for the 'right time' to make an announcement. Otherwise this is a silly amount of time to take to make a mid-season appointment.

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I am getting impatient now. I really hope they have someone lined up and are just waiting for the 'right time' to make an announcement. Otherwise this is a silly amount of time to take to make a mid-season appointment.

It seems so.

Entering the 4th match now since sacking Levein but if there wasn’t an international break it’d be another game more. 

You start wonder about our genuine intent and desire to actually turn things around this season? 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

It seems so.

Entering the 4th match now since sacking Levein but if there wasn’t an international break it’d be another game more. 

You start wonder about our genuine intent and desire to actually turn things around this season? 

Do you think we don’t want to turn things around this season? It is frustrating but we need to get the right person. If that person is Stendel then a lot needed to fall in place for that to happen it seems. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Do you think we don’t want to turn things around this season? It is frustrating but we need to get the right person. If that person is Stendel then a lot needed to fall in place for that to happen it seems. 

To be fair, Ann Budge could shit in your Living Room and you'd defend her to the hilt. 

This dragging of heels in finding a manager is making relegation a very real possibility.

5 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

To be fair, Ann Budge could shit in your Living Room and you'd defend her to the hilt. 

This dragging of heels in finding a manager is making relegation a very real possibility.

My wife might object though. She ( not my wife ) did say four to six weeks and time is moving on but the right person is more important imo than someone wrong easily recruited. Hopefully that’s what we get. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

If it's a plan it's not dithering Ffs. 

If you plan something, then follow the plan it's not dithering Ffs. 

Having a plan and implementing it is the opposite from dithering. 

It doesn't mean it was a good plan though.

If we get our man then we can all agree surely that it's worked out and Ann has executed well.

Currently it's both a good and a bad plan and we won't know until someone is appointed or the 6 weeks pass which one it was.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If we get our man then we can all agree surely that it's worked out and Ann has executed well.

Currently it's both a good and a bad plan and we won't know until someone is appointed or the 6 weeks pass which one it was.

Thank you Dr Schroedinger.

10 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

There has been no heel dragging though. We are well within the timescale we were told. 

Maybe you don't like the timescale. 

1.  Stendel appears to be our first choice. 
2.  Nothing is guaranteed but I think general consensus is he is a very good prospect and fits our preferred style of play. 
3. It has not been possible to sign him up until very recently due to his contract situation. 

should we have :- 

1.  Continued to press for our preferred option 

2.  Wet the bed and appoint someone “available” further down the target list. 

I’m happy with 1. Even if we don’t get him. I think we should be trying for the best we can get rather than quickest. 

Nelly Terraces
9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

What’s obvious from this thread is that Boris is clearly getting his message across in Scotland 

Good :)

Hey man - you shoulda ended your post with your usual trademark keyboard thrashing ranting personal abuse of other posters, sure you're feeling OK?:biggrin2:

4 minutes ago, Sid said:

2.  Nothing is guaranteed but I think general consensus is he is a very good prospect and fits our preferred style of play. 
3. It has not been possible to sign him up until very recently due to his contract situation. 

I’m happy with 1. Even if we don’t get him. I think we should be trying for the best we can get rather than quickest. 

I agree but the longer he takes to finally commit to us the more you wonder whether he's the answer to our pressing need for a manager right now.

10 minutes ago, Sid said:

Bang on . People contradicting themselves . Other candidates deemed not good enough but we should sign whoever just for the sake of it !

4 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

I agree but the longer he takes to finally commit to us the more you wonder whether he's the answer to our pressing need for a manager right now.

Do you know Stendel is delaying in committing to us ? Couldn't possibly be contractual reasons ?

29 minutes ago, Homme said:

There has been no heel dragging though. We are well within the timescale we were told. 

Maybe you don't like the timescale. 

Maybe he doesn’t understand the need for such a timescale in the first place. 

Ann was loyal to CL right to the end which imo meant zero forward planning. The time it’s taking isn’t overly important but those criticising it have a valid point.

Edited by GinRummy

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Monumental **** up if we don’t get Stendel and appoint someone like McCall or McCann who we could have appointed 4 weeks ago

I don’t think Ann is stupid to do this.

😏

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

But apparently it’s ok to dither if you announce in advance that you’re going to dither. 

As someone else said, taking your time is fine if you get your man. If we end up with some diddy at the end of this...

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she said the best man was at the club already and brought back Levein. 

2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she said the best man was at the club already and brought back Levein. 

You’d be absolutely amazed if that happened. 

29 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Bang on . People contradicting themselves . Other candidates deemed not good enough but we should sign whoever just for the sake of it !

Do you know Stendel is delaying in committing to us ? Couldn't possibly be contractual reasons ?

He will possibly want his own team and to do that AB would have to get rid of Fox etc.

It would be stupid to do that on the eve of a big game like Sevco.  We'll have to bite the bullet at some point but tomorrow is a new week/month.

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Over a month gone & still no replacement for Levein. Zero communication from the club either.

Just.:laugh2:. Olympic gold standard dithering.

What do you want the club say exactly?

They told us what the plan was and gave us a possible timescale. When have we ever given a blow by blow account of the progress we’re making when looking for a manager? In fact....how many clubs give updates ?

We’ll get an announcement when AB is satisfied she’s found a suitable candidate and not before.

I’d much have this approach than appoint someone nobody is convinced with.

Edited by DH1986

35 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Could be any number of reasons but the longer it takes to resolve any issues, the more his commitment can be questioned.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Budge is doing a good job if she lands Stendel (that doesn't mean he'll do a good job necessarily) but she's not the messiah. 

Wtf you on about? 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Wtf you on about? 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

The plan was good. 

I'd rather go for Stendel than just go for the easiest option. 

You may think different. 

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Sid said:

This is is. 

Too man bed wetters on here tho. 

Between the slaver grenades and the self urinating some folk must be at risk of freezing up with this weather. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Maybe he doesn’t understand the need for such a timescale in the first place. 

Ann was loyal to CL right to the end which imo meant zero forward planning. The time it’s taking isn’t overly important but those criticising it have a valid point.

That’s exactly it.

Everything went through Levein so she could hardly have begun planning for a replacement while he was in charge.

A nonsense of course but explains the timescale. The criticism of Levein’s role(s) had been going on for some time so the time this is taking shouldn’t surprise anyone.

8 minutes ago, Boab said:

That’s exactly it.

Everything went through Levein so she could hardly have begun planning for a replacement while he was in charge.

A nonsense of course but explains the timescale. The criticism of Levein’s role(s) had been going on for some time so the time this is taking shouldn’t surprise anyone.

spot on.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Putting 2 and 2 together it's almost like she wanted Stendel from the off, but knew his contract with Barnsley would need to be dealt with

Nope. She only knew about his existence by reading Kickback. 😄

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Everyone else is not doing it one way, though.

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Everyone else is not doing it one way, though.

Ok. It’s extremely unusual, after a long losing streak, for a club to fire the manager then take 4-6 weeks to find a replacement.

The reason they find a replacement quicker is because it’s beneficial to the team. 

Edited by GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
Just now, GinRummy said:

Ok. It’s extremely unusual, after a long losing streak, for a club to fire the manager then take 4-6 weeks to find a replacement.

Unless the top target was not 100% and under still getting paid ( a lot) from a previous contract. 

Also, not when from day one she said it would take 4-6 weeks. 

I really don't get the anger and frustration. 

19 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He had a pub (joint venture I think) down leith, called The Ferret and Bootlace. A pal of mine drank there and I met Hughes a couple of times. Quite a fun guy tbh. 

He’s a good mate of a friend of mine. Met him a few times and enjoyed his company. Never a Hearts manager though

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, old school tie said:

The answer was under our noses all along in the boot room.

At least try and be original. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unless the top target was not 100% and under still getting paid ( a lot) from a previous contract. 

Also, not when from day one she said it would take 4-6 weeks. 

I really don't get the anger and frustration. 

I’m not angry but I’m surprised some think it’s a good plan to get rid of the boss, go through a prolonged spell under the interim boss then appoint a new boss. I’m much more interested in who than when but it’s hardly been the process we’d have hoped for.

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He’s a good mate of a friend of mine. Met him a few times and enjoyed his company. Never a Hearts manager though

aye I wouldn’t want him.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

What do you want the club say exactly?

They told us what the plan was and gave us a possible timescale. When have we ever given a blow by blow account of the progress we’re making when looking for a manager? In fact....how many clubs give updates ?

We’ll get an announcement when AB is satisfied she’s found a suitable candidate and not before.

I’d much have this approach than appoint someone nobody is convinced with.

How people don't get this is beyond me.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not angry but I’m surprised some think it’s a good plan to get rid of the boss, go through a prolonged spell under the interim boss then appoint a new boss. I’m much more interested in who than when but it’s hardly been the process we’d have hoped for.

3/4 games is not that abnormal tbh. 

Again, looking at the Stendel Barnsley Contract situation, it Likley explains the delay. 

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

But apparently it’s ok to dither if you announce in advance that you’re going to dither. 

As someone else said, taking your time is fine if you get your man. If we end up with some diddy at the end of this...

Ann will of ordered a thorough background check on Stendel, including medical records, political affiliations, private relationships, family, friends, education, credit check ect you know just the usual checks that take 4 to 6 weeks Oh she might even want to find out if he’s any good as a football manager I forgot about that.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

How people don't get this is beyond me.

It's ridiculous folk can't understand that. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, mitch41 said:

Ann will of ordered a thorough background check on Stendel, including medical records, political affiliations, private relationships, family, friends, education, credit check ect you know just the usual checks that take 4 to 6 weeks Oh she might even want to find out if he’s any good as a football manager I forgot about that.

That's a slaver carpet bombing right there. 

Coburg Hearts
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The reason they find a replacement quicker is because it’s beneficial to the team. 

You would rather take the first available option than wait and get the best option? No offence, but that's what you, and plenty others, seem to be saying.