• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I genuinely believe she was holding out for a few positive results to then give the gig to the 4 current dugout losers.

this

I’d clear the place out tomorrow and give the Rangers game to Naysmith and Locke. So there’s absolutely none of the current set up in the building when the new man starts.

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I quite like that we aren't going for a jack Ross, Robinson, ex player straight away. 

Given the history of these tyoe of appointments we'll have a good season every other before sacking them. 

That seems like a great situation atm, but I do respect the fact that we are possibly trying to over reach so that the team can ultimately break that cycle and emerge as a constant dominant force. 

I like the long term thinking and our bravery in looking further afield, even if it didn't work with Cathro. 

However, football fans are fickle and we do need results now. 

We could appoint Robbo on Monday  or even Likley Robinson if we wanted to. 

We'd likely be appointing a new manager in 2 seasons again. 

I do like the ambition we are showing but results are needed now and to get that we surely need the mgt team in place. 

We need to balance the long term ambitions of the club with the reality that is now and the need to get stability, results and some consistency. 

Imo appointing someone before the game after rangers is more than enough time. 

I wouldn't be rushing about to appoint a Robinson before rangers for a number of reasons. 

Long as we are actually after other candidates. Like another poster, I think Ann Budge is allowing MacPhee the time he needs to justify himself which I believe would be a dreadful decision. You let him off with the semi final (I think) no time and I don't think we were getting a result v Rangers at Hampden, but to justify a lacklustre and pathetic performance like yesterday is terrible management. 

Hopefully I'm wrong and she appoints a manager tomorrow, that's what we all need. 

Holyrood_Hearts
23 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I’d clear the place out tomorrow and give the Rangers game to Naysmith and Locke. So there’s absolutely none of the current set up in the building when the new man starts.

Agreed. 

26 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Certainly  where I am just now. I had hoped that Macphee might just get to grips with what was needed, however yesterday has convinced me that the player don’t see him as the man to take the club forward as head coach. I hope that the “committee”  pull their collective fingers out and get a credible Head Coach appointed ASAP.

43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I quite like that we aren't going for a jack Ross, Robinson, ex player straight away. 

Given the history of these tyoe of appointments we'll have a good season every other before sacking them. 

That seems like a great situation atm, but I do respect the fact that we are possibly trying to over reach so that the team can ultimately break that cycle and emerge as a constant dominant force. 

I like the long term thinking and our bravery in looking further afield, even if it didn't work with Cathro. 

I do like the ambition we are showing but results are needed now and to get that we surely need the mgt team in place. 

We need to balance the long term ambitions of the club with the reality that is now and the need to get stability, results and some consistency. 

I wouldn't be rushing about to appoint a Robinson before rangers for a number of reasons. 

Appoint Robinson before the Rangers game and going by his history against them there’s every chance it’d be MacPhee back in charge for the following game with Robinson sat in the stands

Edited by Ribble

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Appoint Robinson before the Rangers game and going by his history against them there’s every chance it’d be MacPhee back in charge for the following game with Robinson sat in the stands

Yeah, I think the new man should start after rangers. 

We'll get beat next  week, no need to start off bad. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Rangers is a free hit.

In this week,  end this crisis management immediately 

If we appoint someone this week I’d imagine he’ll take over after the hun game.

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Rangers is a free hit.

In this week,  end this crisis management immediately 

Agree with this. There really is an urgency to get this done now. Waiting until after the Rangers game means the new man simply has one week less to get in and start making changes. Ann Budge has had more than enough time to get this sorted. There’s no good reason to delay things further.

south morocco
3 minutes ago, S Form said:

Agree with this. There really is an urgency to get this done now. Waiting until after the Rangers game means the new man simply has one week less to get in and start making changes. Ann Budge has had more than enough time to get this sorted. There’s no good reason to delay things further.

Appointment this week, give Naysmith the Rangers game. New boss starts thereafter is a sensible approach 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, S Form said:

December is manic. 

Livingston Motherwell St Johnstone Celtic Hamilton Hibs Aberdeen. 

Give the guy a chance. Why a delay is going to kill us

BangkokHearts
3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Agreed.

Mass clear out required.

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

This

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I genuinely believe she was holding out for a few positive results to then give the gig to the 4 current dugout losers.

Yes a bit like the lack of preparation in finding a Levein replacement hoping that he would turn things around as he kept promising her.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

If we appoint someone this week I’d imagine he’ll take over after the hun game.

As an aside,  Cathro, Neilson and Levein - in his first spell - all faced Rangers in their first game in charge.

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

12/1 MacPhee,  25/1 Shelley Kerr. 

Just why,  why oh why?

I like the idea of Shelley getting wasted and then convening a team meeting to lay into the players.

It could produce worse results than we’ve seen over the last year and a bit, but she’d have to be going some.

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

As an aside,  Cathro, Neilson and Levein - in his first spell - all faced Rangers in their first game in charge.

Never realised. Maybe an omen.

LarrysRightFoot

It has to be Warnock. He is the one that would definitely sort us out. Just ask him the question Ann, please.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

It has to be Warnock. He is the one that would definitely sort us out. Just ask him the question Ann, please.

I said no chance a couple of weeks ago but I'd take him now, even short term. It's getting more desperate by the week. We can succession plan with him in the dugout. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I said no chance a couple of weeks ago but I'd take him now, even short term. It's getting more desperate by the week. We can succession plan with him in the dugout. 

same

Speculation I know, but I think stendel was the choice but he's not interested.

Clearly  there is no outstanding candidate in our price range.  Macdonald did well as player/manager.  Wonder if Naismith is in the frame.  He is a big name.  Pick his own assistants.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Speculation I know, but I think stendel was the choice but he's not interested.

Clearly  there is no outstanding candidate in our price range.  Macdonald did well as player/manager.  Wonder if Naismith is in the frame.  He is a big name.  Pick his own assistants.

He was at tynie yesterday. 

41 minutes ago, leginten said:

I like the idea of Shelley getting wasted and then convening a team meeting to lay into the players.

It could produce worse results than we’ve seen over the last year and a bit, but she’d have to be going some.

Is she related to john Hughes?  Looks like him  

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Stendel?  Honestly?  That is interesting.  

I’m assuming you’re a grown man...do you honestly believe what he said?

Literally astounding!

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, JamboPete said:

I’ve said before that, Warnock with McCall as assistant would be an ideal appointment imo.

McCall can gtf.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It will be this week then. These things seem to happen in football 

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree it’s pointless before Rangers as the new man will get off to a losing start. 
Knowing Ann she will appoint him two days before we play them and put him straight into the fire!!!! 

1 minute ago, bazman said:

She originally said sporting director first but I think that's changed from what the media have said and she has shifted to manager 

Surely the manager's job would be the priority.

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I agree it’s pointless before Rangers as the new man will get off to a losing start. 
Knowing Ann she will appoint him two days before we play them and put him straight into the fire!!!! 

I wouldn't say it's pointless, but very little point in rushing. Say for example a Stendel type is a possibility , we should pursue that just now until it's 100% dead and not rush to the easier appointment, yet.