General Election 2019

Shanks said no

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Revelling in Swinson losing her seat

She isn’t, she celebrating an SNP gain !

I, however, will make that look calm as I celebrate the loss of the most ridiculous party leader of modern times.

( Farage doesn’t count as he’s made up of spare body parts ! )

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

jack D and coke
23 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

She's the lowest of the low.

Why? She didn’t do it in Swinsons face :lol: 

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aw, diddums!!!

Everybody should be happy when emptyheeds like Swinson lose their seats. 
A shocking appointment by the Lib Dem’s. You wonder how detached the people are when they install leaders like that. She appealed to literally no one. I for one will be joining in celebrating that I won’t have to hear that fake English/aussie/Irish whatever the **** accent she put on. 

Edited by jack D and coke

1 hour ago, stevie said:

SNP share of the vote up 0.9% 

The important stat, if we’re taking this as a potential mandate for IndyRef2

Looks like support for Independence is peaking at around 45%. 

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

She isn’t, she celebrating an SNP gain !

I, however, will make that look calm as I celebrate the loss of the most ridiculous party leader of modern times.

( Farage doesn’t count as he’s made up of spare body parts ! )

She is but she didn't go into meltdown like that at other gains though. Slightly more enthusiasm as it was Swinson getting emptied

41 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Revelling in Swinson losing her seat

Or revelling in winning a seat that, given the incumbent, wasn't a likely gain?

4 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Correct but will be twisted to suit wee Nic's dream.

I would expect any party to twist anything they can. 

In the circumstances, I expected the Nats to win a larger share of the vote. If ever there was a time for IndyRef2, it would have to be now but I don’t think they can push it with any great confidence. 

But what else are they going to do??

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Boris said:

Or revelling in winning a seat that, given the incumbent, wasn't a likely gain?

You're kidding. Swinson was on the shoogliest peg of all shoogly pegs

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In the circumstances, I expected the Nats to win a larger share of the vote. If ever there was a time for IndyRef2, it would have to be now but I don’t think they can push it with any great confidence. 

75% remain vote, tho. :thumb: 20% labour vote to persuade, now Boris is in full control of WM. It's only a matter of time!

A Tory majority all but ends the independence dream for the next few years. Brexit will be swift now and trying to persuade those undecided on leaving the UK will be impossible. 

22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

A shocking appointment by the Lib Dem’s. You wonder how detached the people are when they install leaders like that. She appealed to literally no one. I for one will be joining in celebrating that I won’t have to hear that fake English/aussie/Irish whatever the **** accent she put on. 

She would have had no hesitation in launching a nuke! 

Sturgeon's celebration was subdued compared to mine!

Unionists are delusional this fine independence sprouting morning.

Tick Tock!!! 

Hey Boris, do your Tory worst, every little helps!

4 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Correct but will be twisted to suit wee Nic's dream.

You sound bitter and tired.

Go have a sleep before coming back and trying to discuss things like a grown-up.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Sarah O said:

Go have a sleep before coming back and trying to discuss things like a grown-up.

:laugh2:

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Unionists are delusional this fine independence sprouting morning.

Tick Tock!!! 

Hey Boris, do your Tory worst, every little helps!

Have a great day mate. 

Some result north of the border. Very encouraging.

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They could focus on running the country for a change!

Forget indy ref 2. There is no clear mandate for it.

26 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Indeed, the ironic thing is that the guy she beat is now the interim leader, who I'd bet most Lib Dems wish had been elected leader in the first place.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed, the ironic thing is that the guy she beat is now the interim leader, who I'd bet most Lib Dems wish had been elected leader in the first place.

Really? I haven’t even heard of the guy tbh. 
He can’t be worse...can he? 

I think all Tory voters should send a Thank You card to Labour HQ for keeping faith with Corbyn, when it has been abundantly clear for at least the last two years that he was the most unelectable leader of the opposition that I have ever witnessed.

I firmly believe that if Labour had had near enough anybody else but Corbyn as leader they would now be choosing the new wallpaper for number 10.

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Really? I haven’t even heard of the guy tbh. 
He can’t be worse...can he? 

Ed Davey is his name, in interviews during the Lib Dem election it was he who came over much better than Swinson and I like a lot of people were really surprised that it was Swinson who beat Davey.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Mixed feelings for me on this result. Delighted that Corbyn and Co have been well and truly thumped. Don’t want to leave the EU but not much I can do about it. Sad to see the SNP gain more seats but thankfully and chance of having to go through another Scottish referendum is unlikely in the foreseeable future. Why the LibDems chose that wet blanket of a woman is beyond me. Farage humiliated but here to stupid to admit it.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

She is but she didn't go into meltdown like that at other gains though. Slightly more enthusiasm as it was Swinson getting emptied

Quite right too.

Swinson emptied herself by being inept at just about everything.

36 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

You can hear sounds from my post?

I think it's maybe you that is overtired.

Have a lovely day.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I think all Tory voters should send a Thank You card to Labour HQ for keeping faith with Corbyn, when it has been abundantly clear for at least the last two years that he was the most unelectable leader of the opposition that I have ever witnessed.

I firmly believe that if Labour had had near enough anybody else but Corbyn as leader they would now be choosing the new wallpaper for number 10.

His stance on Brexit, he’s a Leaver, didn’t chime with, not only Labour supporters but undecided people up and down the country.

Was on a hiding to nothing.

Notice that not one of the MP's who defected to other parties or set up that disastrous Change UK party have been returned.

All should have been forced to hold by-elections, hopefully that will now happen in future, that if you leave the party which you were elected under, then you have to hold a by-election.

53 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The important stat, if we’re taking this as a potential mandate for IndyRef2

Looks like support for Independence is peaking at around 45%. 

Yeah coz its just the "Natz" who vote for Indy!

Just wait until the full horrors of Boris and Brexit kick in. Only be one escape route for people living in Scotland...

Folk on here talk about "Scottish Nationalism" like its the blood & earth, my country can do no wrong type of nationalism but its far FAR from that.

Just look at the rise of English Nationalism, "Brexit, control our borders, Foreigners go home, UKIP, BNP," etc. Now look at how they just voted. I

would argue English Nationalism (the ugly kind) it alive and kicking and growing.

I know what side of the fence (wall) I will be sitting and so will the majority who dont support Brexit, selling off the NHS, more austerity (but worse), English Nationalism for the UK or 5 years of Boris and his cronies.

Just now, Boab said:

His stance on Brexit, he’s a Leaver, didn’t chime with, not only Labour supporters but undecided people up and down the country.

Was on a hiding to nothing.

Plenty of folks warned Labour for the best part of this year that sitting on the fence trying to please everyone was going to cost Labour votes.

Stephen Gethins pied.   Sore one when SNP made big gains and vote share increased by 8%.     (Not under 1% as previously claimed  -  that's a UK wide figure).

Plenty of folks warned Labour for the best part of this year that sitting on the fence trying to please everyone was going to cost Labour votes.

If I can use a Hearts analogy, this next appointment needs to be right. If it’s not, we’re( Labour ) ****ed !

Just now, Boab said:

If I can use a Hearts analogy, this next appointment needs to be right. If it’s not, we’re( Labour ) ****ed !

Absolutely, but it's too late, the Tories are going to be in power for the next 5 years, and a large part of that is because of Corbyn & Co.

As Ian Murray said, if Labour doesn't change it'll die, and it is pretty much that case now.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Just wait until the full horrors of Boris and Brexit kick in. Only be one escape route for people living in Scotland...

Folk on here talk about "Scottish Nationalism" like its the blood & earth, my country can do no wrong type of nationalism but its far FAR from that.

Just look at the rise of English Nationalism, "Brexit, control our borders, Foreigners go home, UKIP, BNP," etc. Now look at how they just voted. I

would argue English Nationalism (the ugly kind) it alive and kicking and growing.

I know what side of the fence (wall) I will be sitting and so will the majority who dont support Brexit, selling off the NHS, more austerity (but worse), English Nationalism for the UK or 5 years of Boris and his cronies.

Problem is, the Brexit debacle, which, ironically, was all Tory doing, will be used as tool to dissude people from another referendum.

Fortunately, the people up here, as evidenced by the results in Scotland, won’t listen to that shite....hopefully.

Plenty YES voters, I’m one, don’t vote SNP as you say. 
If the Nats are smart, which they are, they’ll go baw deep for Indy now but will be aware there is scope for big carrots not to !

Absolutely, but it's too late, the Tories are going to be in power for the next 5 years, and a large part of that is because of Corbyn & Co.

As Ian Murray said, if Labour doesn't change it'll die, and it is pretty much that case now.

Sorry, the Labour Party as it is now, is the one I always voted for.

Bad leader, yes, possibly, but the policies were spot on. Simply, I don’t want them to go any further right just to get elected. The SNP have shown you can succeed with policies that any Labour Party before Blair would have endorsed.

9 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sorry, the Labour Party as it is now, is the one I always voted for.

Bad leader, yes, possibly, but the policies were spot on. Simply, I don’t want them to go any further right just to get elected. The SNP have shown you can succeed with policies that any Labour Party before Blair would have endorsed.

I'd wager that the majority of SNP Voters look at one policy and one policy only, christ their manifesto could have Indyref2 on page one and then a pile of blank pages afterwards and their share of the vote would largely be the same.

23 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yeah i get that and i realise a lot of non-SNPrs will be pro Indy

But as a basic indicator, the share of the vote is not moving at a time when i would have expected it too.

I am not sure how much of the Tory vote was English Natinalism, it looked more like a "**** you" to Labour and a reaction by the working classes for being ignored and patronised by the London Labour elite.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

They could focus on running the country for a change!

Forget indy ref 2. There is no clear mandate for it.

That would be nice!

Just now, Ribble said:

I'd wager that the majority of SNP Voters look at one policy and one policy only, christ their manifesto could have Indyref2 on page one and then a pile of blank pages afterwards and their share of the vote would largely be the same.

I disagree of course but even if you were right, it shows, then, looking at the results, then that’s exactly what people want surely.

The SNP stated, clearly, their aims and were returned massively in Scotland.

If it wasn’t just Independence then it must have been their policies, no ?

You can’t have it both ways.

Edited by Boab

So we have what appears to be 5 years of Tories. SNP done well :pleasing:shame I live down South. Should in the unlikely scenario Scotland gets Independence I will be considering moving back up. 

Boris new PM 😟

Edited by Marvin

38 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Some Tories were trying to claim this was won on their domestic agenda.

**** off.   Just gtf.

To be fair, if they deliver it is fairly strong.

40 new hospitals, 50k new nurses, thousands more police, an Australian type border points policy etc

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

40 new hospitals, 50k new nurses, thousands more police, an Australian type border points policy etc

You believe that, aye ?

3 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Wont happen. Never does. "Dont trust a tory".

& its 29,000 nurses and then try to "convince" 21,000 to stay (which will be difficult as a fair whack of them will be foreigners...ironically).

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Wont happen. Never does. "Dont trust a tory".

& its 29,000 nurses and then try to "convince" 21,000 to stay (which will be difficult as a fair whack of them will be foreigners...ironically).

Brexit will scupper that.
If the SNP box clever, they’ll wait until 2021 because the extend of this madness will then be known and people will want the hell out of it up here.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Brexit will scupper that.
If the SNP box clever, they’ll wait until 2021 because the extend of this madness will then be known and people will want the hell out of it up here.

This.

Farage and Swinson humiliated.

A second massive SNP landslide.

England&Wales continues it's collective breakdown and deathwish.

Now we wait for the no deal brexit that is going to happen because it's impossible to get a trade deal done in the time frame Boris has set and he knows this.

Then we get mauled by every nation we approach for a deal on WTO terms because Trump has just shut down the WTO's court of arbitration meaning the UK will have no legal recourse to moan about any terms in any trade deal made on WTO terms.

Which means the EU (and others) will simply dictate terms which we'll be forced to sign.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don't know enough about how it should work but, as long as Scotland stays staunchly SNP & away from Labour, Boris doesn't need to pay any attention to what the rebellious Scots have to say, does he?

As leader of the Unionist party, surely his brief is to keep the UK together and he's got the kind of majority that allows him to do that. Not that he's shown any concern of that nature over NI, but I don't see what he has to gain by cutting Scotland loose (if, indeed, that's what they choose). If Labour were strong, including in Scotland, I could get it; cut youse free and that's a big bag of Labour seats gone at the cost of only a handful of conservative ones. 

I don't understand why folk here are saying that indyref2 has become more likely.

Can't help but suspect that the Tories and Farage orchestrated a carve up.     Farage admitted he got a result that he greatly preferred to a hung parliament.    Suddenly standing down all his candidates in the Tory held seats whilst conducting a targetted campaign for Labour leaver votes everywhere else all plays into a scheme to channel the leave vote to Tory where required and to chip off a chunk of Labour vote share in non-Tory seats where required.

The FPTP system is prey to this kind of collusion.    It allows the likes of Farage to act as a disrupting proxy.     To rub salt in,   he appeared to lament the FPTP system last night.