General Election 2019

Shanks said no

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yip. And one of the Candidates has been binned by the SNP. Gordon Brown's auld seat, I think.???

His parents were lovely shame about him

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

So what's happened, have labour voters went to SNP?

Last election %

SNP 37

ST 28

SL 27

SLd 7

If the ST keep 28%, it sounds like more than half of the SL vote has passed to the SNP.

I hope for a laugh, Jo Swinson loses her seat. :rofl: And it sounds like some top Tories have gone too, as a reshuffle is on its way.

2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What if the candidate wins Kirkcaldy & Cowdenbeath?

Are they SNP or independent?

I think the SNP will call for a by-election. 

Just now, Zlatanable said:

I know. 

I hope you can settle and relax all the same. 

That's a massive majority for BJ. It's hard to relax.(Kenneth Williams can GTF) :D

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

So what's happened, have labour voters went to SNP?

Last election %

SNP 37

ST 28

SL 27

SLd 7

If the ST keep 28%, it sounds like more than half of the SL vote has passed to the SNP.

I hope for a laugh, Jo Swinson loses her seat. :rofl: And it sounds like some top Tories have gone too, as a reshuffle is on its way.

prob a lot of people also abstained in 2017 

Just now, ri Alban said:

That's a massive majority for BJ. It's hard to relax.(Kenneth Williams can GTF) :D

this

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

His parents were lovely shame about him

I'm still a big fan. Hopefully he can help Scotland post independence, his knowledge is invaluable.

4 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What if the candidate wins Kirkcaldy & Cowdenbeath?

Are they SNP or independent?

That's a good question. I would have thought that they would go to Westminster as an independent (because essentially you vote for the person), but as the polling paper said that they were representing the SNP, this could be seen as a misrepresentation to the voters. I wonder if this has happened before?

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

That's a good question. I would have thought that they would go to Westminster as an independent (because essentially you vote for the person), but as the polling paper said that they were representing the SNP, this could be seen as a misrepresentation to the voters. I wonder if this has happened before?

Aye, back in1997. Tony Blair impersonated a Labour PM. :)

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I'm still a big fan. Hopefully he can help Scotland post independence, his knowledge is invaluable.

he had a lot to do with the no vote winning by making promises in the last couple of day

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Half one.

Reminds me of my grampa. Any time I said something like "half one", he would look me squarely in the eye and say "Now, does that mean half past twelve or half past one?"

Reminds me of my grampa. Any time I said something like "half one", he would look me squarely in the eye and say "Now, does that mean half past twelve or half past one?"

1.30am :thumb:  Just shows you the evolution of language, in just a generation or two. It's incredible, even now, some of the shite I hear. E.G or I.E. Teabagging was getting stabbed, now it's some pervert ball chinning you. :jj_facepalm:

Sorry, it must be the realisation of a mass Boris majority, we're all Donald ducked, bud. :(

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

So you are pleased to get rid of one of our own who was a major part of saving our club..disgrace

It's a pity he was not the Labour leader as they would have won this election with any kind of sensible candidate who recognised some things are best left in the past and pledges have to be realistic

The Labour party members will waffle on about Brexit etc etc pretending it was not the policies or leader that lost them this election when the normal voter knows Corbyn was a dead duck supported by idiots like Abbot and her cronies with union support

Blair was the best leader they had in decades and the best PM the UK had also but when the chance came to dump him they took it and the party swung left backed by the unions who are in the main led by McCluskey  the leader of Unite who remember threatened to set up a new workers union and leave the Labour Party..wish he had for he'd be gone now as well..another dodo paying lip service to workers rights to get the country back to the 60's and 70's with most things under public ownership

It really is simple..if you don't vote in union elections you'll be stuck with him and his cronies and if you do vote and support him and his like you should be ashamed

You'd think Corbyn and co would resign after tonight and leave the stage admitting they were wrong....I think we may have to wait longer than the Hearts manager search for that one 

Craig. Levien was “ one of our own “ and u was pleased he got the boot ! What’s your point ? 

1.30am :thumb:  Just shows you the evolution of language, in just a generation or two. It's incredible, even now, some of the shite I hear. E.G or I.E. Teabagging was getting stabbed, now it's some pervert ball chinning you. :jj_facepalm:

Sorry, it must be the realisation of a mass Boris majority, we're all Donald ducked, bud. :(

Indeed.

Regarding the election result, like everything else that's bad news, turn it into something positive personal-wise. Go and do something tomorrow that you've never done before, contribute your time to a social project, improve your life, contact old friends... Basically stick your two fingers up to Boris' New Britain.

Just now, redjambo said:

Cheers Dunks. Good to see you around. Hope you're doing well.

Hanging in there Red - hope things are good with you.

Just now, Dunks said:

Hanging in there Red - hope things are good with you.

:) I'm not particularly enjoying this election but, apart from that, all good. :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Indeed.

Regarding the election result, like everything else that's bad news, turn it into something positive personal-wise. Go and do something tomorrow that you've never done before, contribute your time to a social project, improve your life, contact old friends... Basically stick your two fingers up to Boris' New Britain.

I've never jumped in front of a bus before. But, I'll just need to work and look forward to Christmas, hopefully my job is still there after the new year.

Independence is now my only thought.

I hope you take your own advice, bud. :thumb:

SNP take Rutherglen from Labour.

Edited by ri Alban

:) I'm not particularly enjoying this election but, apart from that, all good. :thumbsup:

My job restricts me from commenting on the former, but delighted to read the latter :D

Just now, ri Alban said:

I've never jumped in front of a bus before. But, I'll just need to work and look forward to Christmas, hopefully my job is still there after the new year.

Independence is now my only thought.

I hope you take your own advice, bud. :thumb:

Don't worry, I have plans for my own personal "Feck It Friday". :smile:

Just now, redjambo said:

Don't worry, I have plans for my own personal "Feck It Friday". :smile:

👏 Feck it Friday for everyone!

There are children in poverty going to school starving and wearing only coats to keep themselves warm. This result is horrific. 14 years of Tory rule will kill this country and the most vulnerable in it. Depressing doesn't even cover it. 

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I predict you won't be 'helping' anyone

What are you like? :smile: Are you this cynical towards everyone?

That is indeed part of my plans. Be as you want the world to be.

There is going to be some hilarious wailing and gnashing of teeth in here when Scottish Labour decide their only way to survive is to abandon unionism.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Absolute ****ing scum. How thick can ***** be?

My Mrs gave me a row, I was told in no uncertain terms "Everyone is entitled to vote for who or whom they like" I couldn't really argue. But since she's in her kip, Feck the Tories!

Nothing dear! :whistling:

Just now, lsimp77 said:

There are children in poverty going to school starving and wearing only coats to keep themselves warm. This result is horrific. 14 years of Tory rule will kill this country and the most vulnerable in it. Depressing doesn't even cover it. 

The only thing we can hope for is that this will finally tip things--and radically.

Hope's close to all there is left.

My Mrs gave me a row, I was told in no uncertain terms "Everyone is entitled to vote for who or whom they like" I couldn't really argue. But since she's in her kip, Feck the Tories!

:laugh:

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

No. I can't imagine you will ever join the Labour Party. 

You seem a most committed nationalist. 

Post Independence. My whole family are Labour to the core. 

3 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

good post unfortunately

3 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Yup. Cos Brexit. The working class voted to *** the working class. 

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The good thing about democracy is that everyone gets a say. The bad thing about democracy is that everyone gets a say. Thick *****.

Just now, Zlatanable said:

I have figured you out. 

Thanks for the chat. 

:laugh2: You have *no* idea what I do to help society. In casting aspersions like that, you show yourself in a very low light indeed, Zlat. You should consider aiming carefully when you want to insult folk, rather than using the scatter-gun approach that you do.

But hey ho, because you don't know me, it's just water off a duck's back really. I know who am I, and what I do to help make this world a better place. Your aspersions make no difference to that whatsoever.

dobmisterdobster

Speaker Lindsay Hoyle wins Chorley by 67% of the vote.

Now there's a shocker for you.

Edited by dobmisterdobster

News just in, Farage is away to Alaska to sell some ice cubes.

Going by the predicted results, is any point going to the toilet. Be as well just doing it in my recliner. Well... It seems to be the working class thing, ATM.

1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Speaker Lindsay Hoyle wins Chorley by 67% of the vote.

Now there's a shocker for you.

#BringbackBercow!

35 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That's mental, are you sure it wasn't the back of one and he would wonder if that was before or after one?

35 minutes ago, redjambo said:

In Holland half one means 12.30