• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Jambo_Gaz

• kingantti1874

• FruitJuice

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

No goals, no excitement, no noise, no joy.. that sums up the last couple of years under Levein. Snoozefest

A good run and the odd decent game aside, I agree.

27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we are on the verge of being a nothing club..  the magic the separates us from the rest removed..

The harsh truth right there.

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Beyond frustrating, we are on the verge of being a nothing club..  the magic the separates us from the rest removed..

Despite huge investment the period following Neilson has been a catastrophic failure.. the match day experience despite huge investment in facilities is also a catastrophic failure. 

Not convinced it is a catastrophic failure. 

I feel your frustration, but think posts like these are just emotional, short termism, nonsense. 

Complete hyperbole that adds nothing to the debate. 

Catastrophic failure? 

Even last season, which was poor. 

Lc sf

SC final

6th.

Not convinced that has ever been classed as a catastrophic failure for us. 

I feel your pain and frustration tho. 

It's all a bit shite. 

On 26/10/2019 at 19:41, bn jambo said:

FFS  ,  Budge is the best thing to happen to Hearts, possibly in our entire history. Anyone who cant see this is blind beyond belief with a real short term memory problem.

Agreed, and some of the posts on this thread are shocking.

But she can’t allow the current malaise to go on much longer.

kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I feel your frustration, but think posts like these are just emotional, short termism, nonsense. 

Catastrophic failure? 

Lc sf

SC final

6th.

It's all a bit shite. 

overall I’m not criticising the sentiment of your post tosh .. but you don’t think the worst run in the history of the club is catastrophic?  1 league win in 17, no league wins at tynecastle in  over 6 months? It’s unbelievably bad IMO

A couple of lucky cup results against mainly championship teams is no consolation 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

overall I’m not criticising the sentiment of your post tosh .. but you don’t think the worst run in the history of the club is catastrophic?  1 league win in 17, no league wins at tynecastle in  over 6 months? It’s unbelievably bad IMO

A couple of lucky cup results against mainly championship teams is no consolation 

Depressing reading, the next two games will be crucial for CL. I'm not confident.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It's not catastrophic simply because I go on league position's. 

If we'd finished bottom 6, not made the sc final and won a few more games would that have been better? 

last season wasn't good, but not catastrophic in any way I don't think. 

This season has yet to be decided, but no denying it has been very poor so far. 

It has potential to be catastrophic, but then again we are 2 wins away from it being historic! 

The cup is what it is. 

We are now days from our third sf in a row. 

Lucky draws/ poor draws all to be considered, but last year in the cups the treble winners knocked us out of both at the sf and final stage. 

If anything, I'd say the number and longevity of our Injuries has been catastrophic and resulted in more poor results than I'd have hoped for or expected. 

I don't think it is catastrophic overall. 

A bit ott imo. 

kingantti1874

So the worst run form in the history of the club isn’t catastrophic? That run has lasted nearly a calendar year. The injuries have been bad but are not reason enough to isolation to our place as the worst side in the league ! which we have been the past 12 months !! 

week in week out we’ve been able to field stronger teams than the majority of our opponents. It’s just a lazy and convenient excuse trotted out by the club.. I’ve posted the Ross county example many times but that team was close to full strength and they gave us a shoeing at home.

I think those hoping for a miracle return to form will be disappointed. Craig Levein is a managerial donkey.. clueless!

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Catastrophic failure? 

Lc sf

SC final

6th.

It's all a bit shite. 

You have really low expectations. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

You have really low expectations. 

Not sure how you got that. 

None of what I said met expectations. 

I never mentioned expectations. 

All I said was it was not catastrophic. 

Catastrophic situation / expectations - not the same thing. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure how you got that. 

None of what I said met expectations. 

I never mentioned expectations. 

All I said was it was not catastrophic. 

Catastrophic situation / expectations - not the same thing. 

Exactly, this is catastrophic. The more fans that realise this then the better. 

This is the worst I've ever felt supporting this club. 

1 hour ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

how old are you or how long you been a fan? 

1 hour ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Warning Warning          Drama Queen alert...................sorry just in case Drama Person alert

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Warning Warning          Drama Queen alert...................sorry just in case Drama Person alert

your heads up your arse here CJ, sorry.. you think this is the best we can do with the players we’ve had available 😂 lauaghable

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, sadj said:

how old are you or how long you been a fan? 

He could be 145 years old and never have witnessed a worse run of results.. 😂 absolutely incredible. 

im 40, been attending regality for 31 years.. this is the worst.. unrelenting pish week in week out.. Combined with the death of the atmosphere watching hearts on a Weekend is a colossal waste of time, energy and money.. 

John mcCartney
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

in context ,a pathetic dig

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Catastrophic failure? 

Lc sf

SC final

6th.

It's all a bit shite. 

But back in the day we were fixing holes in our boots with chewing gum and sewing up holes in our kits kits. We simply have to factor in nowadays the resources etc. A 6th place finish is nothing short of an abject failure.

7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

He could be 145 years old and never have witnessed a worse run of results.. 😂 absolutely incredible. 

im 40, been attending regality for 31 years.. this is the worst.. unrelenting pish week in week out.. Combined with the death of the atmosphere watching hearts on a Weekend is a colossal waste of time, energy and money.. 

Remember going to Tynie and always fancying us. It was our patch. Now, well all I expect is Bungle, Geoffrey, George, Rod, Jane and Freddy to come out and dance on the halfway line.

Note: no Zippy as he misbehaved a lot.

8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Absolutely spot on mate!!👍👍🇱🇻

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Remember going to Tynie and always fancying us. It was our patch. Now, well all I expect is Bungle, Geoffrey, George, Rod, Jane and Freddy to come out and dance on the halfway line.

You part of a dance troupe? 

😉

10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

your heads up your arse here CJ, sorry.. you think this is the best we can do with the players we’ve had available 😂 lauaghable

Out of interest, how well do you think this current squad (when all fit) can do ? I see a squad with very little to no pace, absolutely no quality width whatsoever and a group of forwards that, collectively would struggle to score 30 goals in a season. We are solid defensively and defensively solid in midfield with very little flair and attacking intent. We play an antiquated style, hit a big target man and fight for 2nd ball or an opportunity to launch a free kick or long throw into the opposition box. How successful can this squad be using these tactics ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

:lol:

highlandjambo3

I heard Zippy was injured.......out for 2 - 35 weeks but, back in training sooner or so.

47 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Out of interest, how well do you think this current squad (when all fit) can do ? I see a squad with very little to no pace, absolutely no quality width whatsoever and a group of forwards that, collectively would struggle to score 30 goals in a season. We are solid defensively and defensively solid in midfield with very little flair and attacking intent. We play an antiquated style, hit a big target man and fight for 2nd ball or an opportunity to launch a free kick or long throw into the opposition box. How successful can this squad be using these tactics ?

Even when fully fit i don't think this squad will ever reach its full potential with Levein in charge. For me, that is why the injuries argument is irrelevant as it just means we are sitting in 9th rather than somewhere like 5th.

In a footballing context, it's catastrophic, because there is nothibng worse than a club falling wildly short of its potential.

It is worse thasn the relegation season because we had a poor squad, not getting paid, with a rookie coach. We now have a large squad, an experienced head coach and coaching team, a fantastic stadium and a massively increased income.

And we just as awful now as we were then.

15 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

No goals, no excitement, no noise, no joy.. that sums up the last couple of years under Levein. Snoozefest

Also think Budge has looked extremely weak since Cathro was sacked. If we lose tonight she can redeem a little by sacking Levein. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Paul Shark said:

Ignoring the failing of our management..

I think in Naismith, Haring and Souttar we have three of the best players in the leagues.. Washington, Walker and Halkett are also hypothetically very good at this level.. 

all fit, I’d say we should be clear third.. 

with the injuries (even at our lowest point) we should be no worse than 6th but have had many more wins and positive performances than we have had. 

you correctly point out the flawed tactics we have employed..

29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Even when fully fit i don't think this squad will ever reach its full potential with Levein in charge. For me, that is why the injuries argument is irrelevant as it just means we are sitting in 9th rather than somewhere like 5th.

Couldn't agree more. Off course it would be stupid to say that injuries have not had a bearing on our league position and performances, but it is equally naive to think that our style of play would dramatically change if our entire squad was fit. As you say we're all arguing about being where we are now or 5th or 6th.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ignoring the failing of our management..

I think in Naismith, Haring and Souttar we have three of the best players in the leagues.. Washington, Walker and Halkett are also hypothetically very good at this level.. 

all fit, I’d say we should be clear third.. 

with the injuries (even at our lowest point) we should be no worse than 6th but have had many more wins and positive performances than we have had. 

you correctly point out the flawed tactics we have employed..

Ignoring the Elephant in the room, which is our current management and coaching staff is impossible though isn't it ? An attacking winger with real pace ( not Mulraney) in January and a coaching staff with the courage and will to let our players play would change a hell of a lot. Until things change though good players coming back ain't going to change as much as it should.

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Ignoring the Elephant in the room, which is our current management and coaching staff is impossible though isn't it ? An attacking winger with real pace ( not Mulraney) in January and a coaching staff with the courage and will to let our players play would change a hell of a lot. Until things change though good players coming back ain't going to change as much as it should.

Agreed. Preaching to the converted bud

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

In a footballing context, it's catastrophic, because there is nothibng worse than a club falling wildly short of its potential.

It is worse thasn the relegation season because we had a poor squad, not getting paid, with a rookie coach. We now have a large squad, an experienced head coach and coaching team, a fantastic stadium and a massively increased income.

And we just as awful now as we were then.

Yup.  Is there a more experienced manager in the league than Levein?  He managed Scotland too ffs, it is just unacceptable.  Throw in our fanbase, stadium, academy, financial clout and players like Naismith who in my opinion is the best player in the league.

Our academy is grossly underperforming and as for our team, sorry I mean men’s team they are grossly underperforming.  It took Ann Budge 5 years to even glance an eye to on-field matters but 1 day to implement a free digital reading centre for all, and even now she thinks the unicorns will sprinkle magic horn dust on the park and will all come good.  How anyone can support a CEO that has the ‘footballing department’ as so far down the list of priorities, Jeanie the tea lady getting living wage ranks higher*.

*Before anyone starts with that last but I 100% support the living wage at our club

2 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

Bit pointless bringing in an attacking winger with pace when we have barely even tried to utilise Mulraney's pace.

99% of the time the ball is played 5-10 yards behind our wide players so they need to take a touch, turn and then try and beat a full back that has had an age to get close to the winger. Mulraney is one of the fastest players in the league yet we never even attempt to play a ball in behind the full back for him to run onto.

Just one example of the many things our coaching staff should have drilled into the players but haven't.

been here before
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yup.  Is there a more experienced manager in the league than Levein?  He managed Scotland too ffs, it is just unacceptable.  Throw in our fanbase, stadium, academy, financial clout and players like Naismith who in my opinion is the best player in the league.

Our academy is grossly underperforming and as for our team, sorry I mean men’s team they are grossly underperforming.  It took Ann Budge 5 years to even glance an eye to on-field matters but 1 day to implement a free digital reading centre for all, and even now she thinks the unicorns will sprinkle magic horn dust on the park and will all come good.  How anyone can support a CEO that has the ‘footballing department’ as so far down the list of priorities, Jeanie the tea lady getting living wage ranks higher*.

*Before anyone starts with that last but I 100% support the living wage at our club

20190903_121704.jpg.93638ac5789e701aeffd368e7e18a8e6.jpg

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Bit pointless bringing in an attacking winger with pace when we have barely even tried to utilise Mulraney's pace.

99% of the time the ball is played 50 yards behind our wide players so they need to take a touch, turn and then try and beat a full back that has had an age to get close to the winger. Mulraney is one of the fastest players in the league yet we never even attempt to play a ball in behind the full back for him to run onto.

Just one example of the many things our coaching staff should have drilled into the players but haven't.

FTFY

Same points being regurgitated on every thread, He’s a dead man walking & you wonder how bad does it have to get before she flicks the switch?

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, sac said:

Same points being regurgitated on every thread, He’s a dead man walking & you wonder how bad does it have to get before she flicks the switch?

He will be here until the end of the season. Have gave up wasting energy on it and will save me money and be refreshed come next season. Still going on Sunday for the "day out" with the boys

7 minutes ago, sac said:

I don’t think she’ll ever flick it.

they'll both go at the same time at the end of the season.

Central Belt 1874
5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

That's exactly what will happen and has been the plan since day one. 

9 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

He will be here until the end of the season. Have gave up wasting energy on it and will save me money and be refreshed come next season. Still going on Sunday for the "day out" with the boys

He won’t see end of the season imo, but enjoy the day out.

30 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Because, in her view, CL has it covered!

All the other stuff you use to berate Budge with is actually irrelevant to your argument.

Yes, Budge should have shown Levein the door previously, but she didn't.  Yes, she needs to get that sorted out pronto!

To make out that the footballing side isn't a priority to a, um, football club, is a nonsense and you are using what you see as "PC" projects to have a pop.  As if those projects are the reason nothing is being done regards the first team situation.  

Yes, she should get the first team situation sorted out, I don't disagree with that at all and it is on that issue and that issue alone that Budge needs challenged.  But you going all Milo Yiannopoulos about unrelated things is bizarre.  I mean, what's your point?  You genuinely believe that Budge is doing all these things because they are detrimental?  Or that she is simply too busy due to these to get round to the footballing side?

The only thing detrimental is the first team coach(es) and performances.  That needs seen to.  And only Budge can do that.

If she isn't doing anything, it is because she seems to trust CL (wrong imo) not because she can't be bothered or is too busy with other stuff.

Jeez.

11 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Hope you’re wrong

29 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

She'll leave with a 7/10 and Craig will leave with a 3/10 = 10/20 for their 6 years in charge.

Extremely grateful to Ann for all she has done but the frustration for most of us is it could have been so so much better on the pitch.

1 minute ago, eyesandears said:

She'll leave with a 7/10 and Craig will leave with a 3/10 = 10/20 for their 6 years in charge.

Extremely grateful to Ann for all she has done but the frustration for most of us is it could have been so so much better on the pitch.

Correct 

Ex member of the SaS

The hounding of Budge is over the top after all she has done. No doubt she has tarnished this with many fans due to her support of Levein, but seriously, this is the only thing I can fault her for. Many harp on about where we were and without her we would not have a club to support,  either. so she gets an easy ride from me. She will leave when FoH takes over but I sincerely hope she stays on. Levein on the other hand can't leave soon enough and no DoF role. Oh and take the rest of his losers with him

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

The hounding of Budge is over the top after all she has done. No doubt she has tarnished this with many fans due to her support of Levein, but seriously, this is the only thing I can fault her for. Many harp on about where we were and without her we would not have a club to support,  either. so she gets an easy ride from me. She will leave when FoH takes over but a sincerely hope she stays on. Levein on the other hand can't leave soon enough and no DoF role. Oh and take the rest of his losers with him

So what if Budge staying on means Levein does as well?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic