Ann Budge

pointon

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Until about 20:45 tonight I think as she will ( hopefully ) be speaking at the HMSA dinner.  

Ooft, tough gig tonight! I don't know if there is the opportunity to ask questions at these but I'm hoping someone will ask harder questions that what the media give Levein and Budge

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Jambo_Gaz

• kingantti1874

• FruitJuice

Francis Albert

I fully understand people cancelling their FOH subs and am on the edge of doing the same. It seems to me the only way to get the message across to FoH and the club board including the FoH directors. I would just urge those who do cancel to put the cash aside so we can still buy out Budge on the current time schedule. 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I fully understand people cancelling their FOH subs and am on the edge of doing the same. It seems to me the only way to get the message across to FoH and the club board including the FoH directors. I would just urge those who do cancel to put the cash aside so we can still buy out Budge on the current time schedule. 

What people do is up to them but they are then prevented from voting in FOH elections, depending on when they cut the register, and attending the Agm. 

I think Anne Budge's business acumen has been great for the club and she has achieved a lot of good things.Her problem is that she trusted Craig Levien to run the football side of things, because she doesn't know how to do that.  He has been found wanting but she doesn't know who else she can turn to or trust to get us out of the mess we are in on the field. 

In any other business scenario, which is where her expertise is, she would have got rid of an under achiever before now, but her lack of understanding of the running of the football side of the business is stopping her from sacking Levien and she's giving him too many chances to turn things around. 

I would like to think that a business woman of her ex[erience would have a plan B to protect her investment , but I'm beginning to doubt that now.

The problem with Budge is she is clueless when it comes to on field matters.  She brought Levein in to deal with the football.  I believe her to be a very good business person and she has done great things with stand, academy etc.  However I think she is crapping herself because she would not know what to do if she was forced to sack Levein.  Genuinly I think she is clueless as to how and who to recruit as a replacement.    We need the rest of the board including FOH to step forward and help sort this mess out.  Levein has to go and if you can't do it Budge then you have to go as well.  Your cheque will be in the post.  

1 hour ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Hopefully someone reports back on the evening. 

They can just contact the grass line. That will mean instant action.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What people do is up to them but they are then prevented from voting in FOH elections, depending on when they cut the register, and attending the Agm. 

Fair point. Maybe will just cut my DD then.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Do you feel the foundation are putting the investors thoughts to the board?

Did their last statement suggest they would raise it?

I dont think the current foundation directors are representing the fans correctly at this moment in time.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

The problem with Budge is she is clueless when it comes to on field matters.  She brought Levein in to deal with the football.  I believe her to be a very good business person and she has done great things with stand, academy etc.  However I think she is crapping herself because she would not know what to do if she was forced to sack Levein.  Genuinly I think she is clueless as to how and who to recruit as a replacement.    We need the rest of the board including FOH to step forward and help sort this mess out.  Levein has to go and if you can't do it Budge then you have to go as well.  Your cheque will be in the post.  

I don't buy that. She must have recruited people before in areas where she is not herself an expert.The Chairman and Chief Executive's biggest responsibility is to appoint people to run the football side of the football club. She can take advice.

3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Do you feel the foundation are putting the investors thoughts to the board?

Did their last statement suggest they would raise it?

I dont think the current foundation directors are representing the fans correctly at this moment in time.

I think the board is likely to be pretty aware already. 

I don’t know as I can’t remember what it was. 

In that case, given FoH still looks to be the medium for owning the club, members should reflect on that when they vote in elections for directors and/or at the agm. 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't buy that. She must have recruited people before in areas where she is not herself an expert.The Chairman and Chief Executive's biggest responsibility is to appoint people to run the football side of the football club. She can take advice.

But do you think she will?   

42 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Exactly. To suggest otherwise is just foolish. 
She has also been watching Hearts for longer than many on this forum, particularly the younger ones. As such she is probably as educated football-wise as many on here. I suspect she regrets her tongue in cheek comment from five years ago. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

She has also been watching Hearts for longer than many on this forum, particularly the younger ones. As such she is probably as educated football-wise as many on here. I suspect she regrets her tongue in cheek comment from five years ago. 

Don't think we will have many JKB users born after 1999

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That doesn’t mean she’s qualified to deal with a crisis like this. Let’s face it, she doesn’t know what to do

Looks like yet another day without any kind of statement from AB.  Perhaps she will make one tonight.  If she does, I expect it will be along the lines crippling injuries and full faith in the coaching staff to pull us through.  Not a hint of a plan or strategy.

We have been garbage for over 3 seasons Dr Budge.  The expectations were high.  The delivery has bern attrocious.

Address that.

42 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

With it being Halloween I understand levein is coming to the dinner tonight dressed as a football manager

Scary 

Nelly Terraces

Remember that time she tried to pin the delay for the new stand completion on that guy who we were told forgot to order the seats, and fired him immediately?

Well what's she waiting on now? Shows her level of understanding of running a football club. Either clueless or on a huge ego trip - or more likely - both.

She will just make excuses as usual, probably mention injuries more than she did in her last statement (6 times).  Don't want to over react, it's only 11 games, we have a plan, throw in a couple sly digs at the Hearts support and that will be her done for the night.

Colonel Kurtz

Anne budges draft speach has been leaked

Members

Thank you for inviting me

I have had a busy day I met Leanne at John Lewis and i have picked some lovely curtains for the skyline lounge.

The ladies team have also been allocated an additional 100k to cover a nail bar in the dressing rooms.

I have also asked Scott wilson to play nicer music.You cant go wrong with a bit Barry Manilow in my view.

I spoke to Craigy this morning and he told me all is on track so lets move on and wasnt the soup lovely..

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I cannot wait to see the back of her. She’s as detrimental to this club as he is. 

I got a ban from a similar thread for saying what I really thought of some of the posters on it, so I'll be careful what I say here.

The only reason why we have a club at all is because of Ann Budge, let me repeat that. The only reason why we have a club at all is because of Ann Budge. The only reason why we have a club at all is because of Ann Budge. The only reason why we have a club at all is because of Ann Budge. The only reason why we have a club at all is because of Ann Budge.

Did you understand that?

The Hogfather
Just now, upgotheheads said:

I got a ban from a similar thread for saying what I really thought of some of the posters on it, so I'll be careful what I say here.

The only reason why we have a club at all is because of Ann Budge, let me repeat that. The only reason why we have a club at all is because of Ann Budge. The only reason why we have a club at all is because of Ann Budge. The only reason why we have a club at all is because of Ann Budge. The only reason why we have a club at all is because of Ann Budge.

Did you understand that?

You can repeat that all you want. The fact of the matter is she’s more concerned with hurting her best friends feelings that the long term success of Heart of Midlothian Football Club. 

Feel free to PM me with any insults you want to throw my way. I couldn’t care less what the Ann Budge fan club have to say. Her handling of this situation has been ****ing abysmal and you can bet she’s turned a lot of folk against her now. 

Just now, Nunya Business said:

You can repeat that all you want. The fact of the matter is she’s more concerned with hurting her best friends feelings that the long term success of Heart of Midlothian Football Club. 

Feel free to PM me with any insults you want to throw my way. I couldn’t care less what the Ann Budge fan club have to say. Her handling of this situation has been ****ing abysmal and you can bet she’s turned a lot of folk against her now. 

But do you agree that we still have a club?

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Did you understand that?

That was then, this is now. 

What she did to step up to the plate when noone else would won't ever be forgotten or under appreciated. 

However she should have left her position a long time ago. 

She's never had sight of us being a football club first.

Instead we're a community centre project before football results. 

2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:
1 minute ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Don't be an arse. 

It's a simple question.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

It's a simple question.

What's your point?

That we should be eternally grateful?

The Hogfather
7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

But do you agree that we still have a club?

Do you agree that the fans are just as responsible for keeping the club alive as Ann Budge?

7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Did you understand that?

I am so sick of this reply. It is the only thing that her very few remaining brown nosers have. The reply has been thrown about ad nauseum. She never ‘saved us’, she like thousand others helped save us.  Her actions were quid pro quo whereas the fans actions were entirely selfless.  We wanted nothing back – nothing, just to see our fantastic club stand tall once more.

My question to you is when is enough of the gratitude? When do we say ok, I think we can move on now and she can loosen her hands from our bollocks. It has bene 5 and a half years and in this time she has continued to treat the vast majority of fans with contempt, spend her days trying to demonize us, turning us into something we are not and making us a footballing laughing stock.  This has all become her show and her vision.  Why are we accepting her actions as though she has some right just because she was a big part of our saviour?

She has no right to kill us, regardless if very arguably she ‘saved us’.  If I save a drowning boy from a river from certain death do I have the right to go to him 5 years later and kill him?  Of course not.  We are elevating this lady onto a pedestal she simply has no place on.  I simply can’t fathom how any Hearts fan can have time for her nowadays, are they blind?  She has single handedly culled a fanbase and injected apathy into most and taken away something so inherent in us, our love.  I speak for only me but I just do not feel the same about my club anymore and it is 100% down to the ‘Budge factor’.  I never want us to lose but I kinda don’t give a **** if we do now as hopefully it means moving on as a club.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I am so sick of this reply. It is the only thing that her very few remaining brown nosers have. The reply has been thrown about ad nauseum. She never ‘saved us’, she like thousand others helped save us.  Her actions were quid pro quo whereas the fans actions were entirely selfless.  We wanted nothing back – nothing, just to see our fantastic club stand tall once more.

My question to you is when is enough of the gratitude? When do we say ok, I think we can move on now and she can loosen her hands from our bollocks. It has bene 5 and a half years and in this time she has continued to treat the vast majority of fans with contempt, spend her days trying to demonize us, turning us into something we are not and making us a footballing laughing stock.  This has all become her show and her vision.  Why are we accepting her actions as though she has some right just because she was a big part of our saviour?

She has no right to kill us, regardless if very arguably she ‘saved us’.  If I save a drowning boy from a river from certain death do I have the right to go to him 5 years later and kill him?  Of course not.  We are elevating this lady onto a pedestal she simply has no place on.  I simply can’t fathom how any Hearts fan can have time for her nowadays, are they blind?  She has single handedly culled a fanbase and injected apathy into most and taken away something so inherent in us, our love.  I speak for only me but I just do not feel the same about my club anymore and it is 100% down to the ‘Budge factor’.  I never want us to lose but I kinda don’t give a **** if we do now as hopefully it means moving on as a club.

Deary me,

She will always have my gratitude.

And that sounds like wishful thinking on your part

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Make money or lose money?  The stock market is a risky place to be these days.  It's possible that any shares she has will be held in escrow, which means she can't sell them for a given period of time.  When that time comes, who knows what they'll be worth.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She doesn’t put money into Hearts

She puts her ‘Heart and Soul’ in, that’s priceless!

Heartsofgold
5 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Make money or lose money?  The stock market is a risky place to be these days.  It's possible that any shares she has will be held in escrow, which means she can't sell them for a given period of time.  When that time comes, who knows what they'll be worth.

The stock markets are the only place to make money for most people in the medium to long term.  Always have been, always will be.  They will always be volatile but if your going in for 10 - 20 years investment then you will make money.  One guarantee I will always say though is that at some point in time any investor will see their money fall back.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

She puts her ‘Heart and Soul’ in, that’s priceless!

Indeed.

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She doesn’t put money into Hearts

Are you and Captain Questionmark a tag team? Can't figure out who's the funny one, and who's the straight man.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
44 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Indeed.

Are you and Captain Questionmark a tag team? Can't figure out who's the funny one, and who's the straight man.

Her loans appear to be interest free but they’re still loans 

38 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Her loans appear to be interest free but they’re still loans 

And you know she doesn’t take a salary.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

And you know she doesn’t take a salary.

That would be money out of the club, not in

What a churlish man you are, in your desperation to push an agenda. Risible stuff.

She has effectively put in the equivalent of the salary of a CEO and chairman each year for the past 5 years. More than most I imagine. 

5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If the CEO is entitled to a salary, whoever he/she/whatever is, and the CEO works for nought, they ARE saving the club money, which is exactly the same as putting money in.

Only an idiot or someone with a severe prejudice would argue otherwise.

5 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

What a churlish man you are, in your desperation to push an agenda. Risible stuff.

Stop it, he feeds off your negativity. It's his only role on here. 

Chuck positivity at him and he crumbles.

Toxteth O'Grady

Any CEO who has the budget we have should be sacked for the football “performance” last season 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic