Ann Budge

pointon

Mid Calder Jambo
13 minutes ago, Costanza said:

If it wasn't for Ann Budge fronting the money up, those 8 thousand of us wouldn't have had the opportunity to save the club.

To quote Bryan Jackson: "My view is that Ann, along with the supporters, saved the club"

so whilst she is massively culpable for the football mismanagement currently with the inability to make the correct decision and remove Levein, let's not revise history. 

She was the one with the dosh we were the ones with the belief and the vision.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Jambo_Gaz

• kingantti1874

• FruitJuice

Mid Calder Jambo
22 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

At the moment we are on track for relegation. The fans take over next summer. She’ll have accomplished a defeat to a Maltese club, a loss in the Scottish cup final and a white elephant stand that we can’t fill while leaving us in sporting terms exactly where she found us. Surely she knows this will be her legacy?

Said it earlier.  She leaves us as she found us and walks away with a shed load of dosh.  Hypocrite.

Bridge of Djoum

Stopped reading at “dictatorship”. 

And the the fact there are other Ann Budge threads. 

25 minutes ago, TurboT said:

It’s the monthly HMSA meeting on Thursday with Ann Budge as guest.  I think she may get a few tough questions, not just about her refusal to do anything about Levein.

what other questions?

26 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

At the moment we are on track for relegation. The fans take over next summer. She’ll have accomplished a defeat to a Maltese club, a loss in the Scottish cup final and a white elephant stand that we can’t fill while leaving us in sporting terms exactly where she found us. Surely she knows this will be her legacy?

Why do you think the new stand is a “white elephant”???

5 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

She was the one with the dosh we were the ones with the belief and the vision.

Don't disagree but without that dosh we were fecked. That's just a fact.

7 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Stopped reading at “dictatorship”. 

And the the fact there are other Ann Budge threads. 

You stood reading because there are other ann budge threads?  Why did you open it in the first place?  It is a dictatorship now as it's her way only.  From now on in I'm going to call her Adolf Clitler... 

Just now, Morph said:

In terms of watching the football it’s fantastic. 

Concourse is the same as any other stadium around the country and imo the hospitality is just so basic looking, certainly nothing unique about it.  If we had some phenomenal facilities that justified the over spend then fine, but hard to see where it’s been spent. 

This is our premier hospitality package ffs.  Look at it, what’s premium or upmarket about that?   

1566902067Event26.jpg

That looks absolutely pish.:lol:  

Just now, Randy Marsh said:

It really does.  For some reason I fancy a wimpy burger... 

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Feel better now? What an utter moron you are. 

And right now I'm bothered about what you think  until she sacks levein, she deserves no respect.  She is letting our team fall as far as it has.  She is basically saying that she likes him and tough!  It's all about her and his cronies now.  

Edited by FruitJuice

1 hour ago, dc-jambo said:

Bunch of car-crashes on this thread, no interest in supporting the team or the club. Sad imo. 

Best bit of today was applauding the players who came over at the end to applaud us.

More loyalty and less bs needed, imo

That really says it all that the best part of a day watching Hearts playing was applauding them off after a 0-0 draw against 10 men. 

What a cracking day that sounds. 

Not cheering goal play or a goal but applause after a bore draw. I’m officially depressed at this. 

8 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

7 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

It really does.  For some reason I fancy a wimpy burger... 

should try it hospo is actually quite superb. Food is tremendous , its comfortable , relaxed and you are very very well looked after

10 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Complete and utter horse****. Totally invented statistics . You could get a job working for Russia Today.

Where did I say my estimate was not made up?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

should try it hospo is actually quite superb. Food is tremendous , its comfortable , relaxed and you are very very well looked after

But does it look like a 'premium' venue?  For the money spent it looks pretty basic. It's supposed to be a restaurant not a cafe and they dont even have somewhere to put customers costs.  Premium?  Come on!  It looks tacky.

By all means criticise AB for not sacking CL (she deserves it). Even calling for her head is an understandable point of view,  

Some of the shite on this thread though. Good grief!

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

So the figures represent a blind guess rather than an estimate, speaking mathematically.

Do a poll on here and find out

5 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

But does it look like a 'premium' venue?  For the money spent it looks pretty basic. It's supposed to be a restaurant not a cafe and they dont even have somewhere to put customers costs.  Premium?  Come on!  It looks tacky.

I havent been upstairs only executive. I assume thats one down 🤷🏻‍♂️ There is places for coats outside. Mist folk just don’t tend to use it. Think about it in and out the stadium and hospo imagine getting your coat each time , ht etc would be a nightmare. It does look a bit basic but in an understated classy way i think. Its a great atmosphere and as i said you are properly taken care of.

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

I havent been upstairs only executive. I assume thats one down 🤷🏻‍♂️ There is places for coats outside. Mist folk just don’t tend to use it. Think about it in and out the stadium and hospo imagine getting your coat each time , ht etc would be a nightmare. It does look a bit basic but in an understated classy way i think. Its a great atmosphere and as i said you are properly taken care of.

Not questioning the service, only the fact that that's what they are selling as premium.  What's premium about it?  I mean the layout.  Is it a highly respected chef that's doing the food?  It looks like a cafe in an airport.  

29 minutes ago, sadj said:

The wankers on talk hearts know better.

They’ve never been but boy can they collectively kick the tits out a photo.

16 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Not questioning the service, only the fact that that's what they are selling as premium.  What's premium about it?  I mean the layout.  Is it a highly respected chef that's doing the food?  It looks like a cafe in an airport.  

and you know all this from your cheap Bronze season ticket seat do you??

1 hour ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Sorry Queen Ann

:)

seriously mate. Off you go and luckily spin up a multi million pound business. Happens all the time.

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’ve actually been to the Sky restaurant, or whatever it’s called, and the food was excellent. Really enjoyed it and a cut above the other hospitality offerings imo. 

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

If it wasn't for Ann Budge fronting the money up, those 8 thousand of us wouldn't have had the opportunity to save the club.

To quote Bryan Jackson: "My view is that Ann, along with the supporters, saved the club"

so whilst she is massively culpable for the football mismanagement currently with the inability to make the correct decision and remove Levein, let's not revise history. 

So by that logic we should be happy then ? 

We are under achieving so badly that it’s unbelievable yes Ann saved us yes she he did well in  certain aspects but does that really protect her from any  criticism  ? 

If this was any other club in the world he would be sacked the fact that he is still in the job must be  concerning ? 

Jambof3tornado
29 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

You comparing it to other football stadia??

51 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Do a poll on here and find out

Why don’t you do a poll? Not bright enough to work out how?

We could then do one on who talks the biggest amount of attention seeking s***e on here and see who comes out on top.

I’ll forever be grateful with what Ann has done for this club. The bigger fault is Levein not walking away/stepping aside when he had some good will left. He’s lost it all now. 

Edited by ecjambo

20 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The fact that he's seen some photos on the internet trumps that, surely?!?!?!?!?

A new main stand that we can't fill.

2 to 3 rows in section S that are never filled / sold for some strange reason. We used to give Celtic & Rangers 1,200 or there about seats. We're now happy to give them the whole of the Roseburn Stand. A management that is useless and players who are dropping like flies with injuries.

There are other things that should be improved like explaining why a season ticket holder does not get a match fee deducted if the go to hospitality. It's like you have to pay twice. Yes Ann Budge has a lot to answer at the shareholders meeting but all you'll get is a 75 year old getting the mic and asking a question that is more to do with him than Hearts. 

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

A new main stand that we can't fill.

2 to 3 rows in section S that are never filled / sold for some strange reason. We used to give Celtic & Rangers 1,200 or there about seats. We're now happy to give them the whole of the Roseburn Stand. A management that is useless and players who are dropping like flies with injuries.

There are other things that should be improved like explaining why a season ticket holder does not get a match fee deducted if the go to hospitality. It's like you have to pay twice. Yes Ann Budge has a lot to answer at the shareholders meeting but all you'll get is a 75 year old getting the mic and asking a question that is more to do with him than Hearts. 

Any shareholder can ask a question, including yourself, if you are one 

32 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

From visiting airport cafes and seeing that picture... you saying that looks premium? It does look pretty basic for something that is being advertised as premium.  

22 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

You comparing it to other football stadia??

I couldn't give Turkish delight a out other stadia.  But if that doesn't look like it should be sold as premium.  Point out anything in that layout that says premium. Is only being called that so they can charge the public more money?  It should at least live up to it.

17 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

The fact that he's seen some photos on the internet trumps that, surely?!?!?!?!?

Point out something in that pic that says premium.  

18 million to build a stand to include top class facilities and that's 9ne if them? It looks average rather than premium.  18 million isn't looking like good value.  Is that what you get if you employ a relative rather than the best person for the job.  Not slagging it for the sake of it.  Is it the food and service that is premium? 

Edited by FruitJuice

This is all a real shame. Budge has done some wonderful things for us. But the more time she gives Levein the more her reputation is being destroyed. 

This season is a write off. The only thing that stops it being a total write off is the outside chance we have in both cups.

Alarmingly things have gotten so bad that the fans aren’t even getting angry anymore. There’s an acceptance that we are crap and that it won’t change. More and more empty seats at Tynecastle in the coming months, and a dwindling away support. And once fans get out of the habit of going to the games they might not come back. But Budge clearly

doesnt understand the mentality of a football fan.

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I couldn't give Turkish delight a out other stadia.  But if that doesn't look like it should be sold as premium.  Point out anything in that layout that says premium. Is only being called that so they can charge the public more money?  It should at least live up to it.

You can only compare it to other football stadium facilities, not to any other venues. It is marketed as what it is.

44 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve actually been to the Sky restaurant, or whatever it’s called, and the food was excellent. Really enjoyed it and a cut above the other hospitality offerings imo. 

That was my experience

31 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

Yes maybe you’re right 

19 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

From visiting airport cafes and seeing that picture... you saying that looks premium? It does look pretty basic for something that is being advertised as premium.  

So you’ve never been in the lounge.....😂

38 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

So by that logic we should be happy then ? 

We are under achieving so badly that it’s unbelievable yes Ann saved us yes she he did well in  certain aspects but does that really protect her from any  criticism  ? 

If this was any other club in the world he would be sacked the fact that he is still in the job must be  concerning ? 

No, my point was that we can't let her current ineptitude in not recognising that Levein needs to go, cloud her involvement in ensuring we still have a club, which was what I was responding to as it seemed to completely dismiss that.

I agree that he should have been sacked earlier and Budge deserves a lot of criticism for not doing so.

Selkirkhmfc1874
17 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Point out something in that pic that says premium.  

18 million to build a stand to include top class facilities and that's 9ne if them? It looks average rather than premium.  18 million isn't looking like good value.  Is that what you get if you employ a relative rather than the best person for the job.  Not slagging it for the sake of it.  Is it the food and service that is premium? 

You being very unfair ! Facilities and food at Tynecastle is top notch 

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

No, my point was that we can't let her current ineptitude in not recognising that Levein needs to go, cloud her involvement in ensuring we still have a club, which was what I was responding to as it seemed to completely dismiss that.

I agree that he should have been sacked earlier and Budge deserves a lot of criticism for not doing so.

Av miss understood you then sorry 

am just really at a lose that he is still at the club I have no hatred to Craig but he is making the club we love a laughingstock 

Her loyalty to Levein has tarnished her legacy. Yes financially, we're on good footing going forward. Now on that basis its time for her to step back and let someone else make the call on Levein so we can get the FOOTBALL CLUB back on track. 

If Levein steps down the same time as Ann, IMO thats ****ing cowardly. If then, why not now? He can't turn this around. Injuries or not. He's failed. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

By all means criticise AB for not sacking CL (she deserves it). Even calling for her head is an understandable point of view,  

Some of the shite on this thread though. Good grief!

All what u say points to that though ? 

3 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Av miss understood you then sorry 

am just really at a lose that he is still at the club I have no hatred to Craig but he is making the club we love a laughingstock 

No worries mate. Agree on Levein as would have loved for him to have been a success as manager but this has been Cathro levels of mediocrity for far too long now.

37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Any shareholder can ask a question, including yourself, if you are one 

I am a shareholder and I went once years ago. That’s right you’ve guessed it was a joke of a meeting.

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Levein is making Ann look like a real mug....end of.

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

No worries mate. Agree on Levein as would have loved for him to have been a success as manager but this has been Cathro levels of mediocrity for far too long now.

100% mate a don’t know where we go from here tho a change is needed but who comes in and will it be under the very man that has us where we are ? 

1 minute ago, Kyle1874 said:

100% mate a don’t know where we go from here tho a change is needed but who comes in and will it be under the very man that has us where we are ? 

With our infrastructure,  finances and squad; if we advertise the job externally we'll get hundreds of applicants and bound to be some good names in there.

I don't think Levein as DOF is as a big a barrier to experienced managers as some think but it's too toxic now for him to stay on, possibly even embarrassing for him to go back to DOF after being such a failure as manager.

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

With our infrastructure,  finances and squad; if we advertise the job externally we'll get hundreds of applicants and bound to be some good names in there.

I don't think Levein as DOF is as a big a barrier to experienced managers as some think but it's too toxic now for him to stay on, possibly even embarrassing for him to go back to DOF after being such a failure as manager.

A would like to think there will be some kind of  decent calibre of names that would apply my choice tho a know is unpopular would be Tim sherwood 

5 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

A would like to think there will be some kind of  decent calibre of names that would apply my choice tho a know is unpopular would be Tim sherwood 

Funnily enough,  his last role was as Director of Football!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic