Ann Budge

pointon

3 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

We get 14,000 plus walking through the door at home games.

no protests.

no planes.

not saying people are happy. Just not at the extreme of grabbing pitchforks and torches..

Apathetic people tend not to grab pitchforks and torches. Budge has created apathy out of anger as she has made it clear she is supporting Levein, hence, what’s the point of getting angry.

Not one single Hearts supporter I know wants Levein to stay, not one. More and more of them, season ticket holders included, have simply stopped attending games. The club has their season ticket money so there will be little financial loss. Empty seats will tell their own story though.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Jambo_Gaz

• kingantti1874

• FruitJuice

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Funnily enough,  his last role was as Director of Football!

A think he would do well with us but there is a big world out there so I hope we use it and don’t just go with this promote from within that’s just not working 

2 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Said it earlier.  She leaves us as she found us and walks away with a shed load of dosh.  Hypocrite.

:wtf: 

WheatfieldWarrior
39 minutes ago, graygo said:

Surely some mistake here.

Capture.JPG

Doubling the turnover of a club is quite an achievement - if the results were better, we'd be lauding this and Dempster would be seeking to emulate this for Hibs. 

1 minute ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Doubling the turnover of a club is quite an achievement - if the results were better, we'd be lauding this and Dempster would be seeking to emulate this for Hibs. 

Nonsense, she's running the business into the ground, she's not got a clue how to run a business etc etc etc .........

43 minutes ago, graygo said:

Surely some mistake here.

Capture.JPG

It is a mistake. The CEO of Accrington Stanley won the overall award.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

It is a mistake. The CEO of Accrington Stanley won the overall award.

She won the SPFL CEO of the year and was nominated for the overall award.

WheatfieldWarrior
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nonsense, she's running the business into the ground, she's not got a clue how to run a business etc etc etc .........

Honestly, there's no earthly chance that Vlad would have redone the main stand.

I was in it for one of the Hibs games before we knocked it down and it was well past it - it was made of wood FFS -couldn't see f- all and it bounced like Jordan in her 20s.

4 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I was in it for one of the Hibs games before we knocked it down and it was well past it - it was made of wood FFS -couldn't see f- all and it bounced like Jordan in her 20s.

A least we had a decent team

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

She won the SPFL CEO of the year and was nominated for the overall award.

I know. I read the article. The headline is a bit misleading though and, to someone who didn’t take the time to read it, suggests she won the overall award.

The award was for her work in the 2017/2018 season. 

Following the announcement of the shortlist, the fcbusiness editor and Football Business Awards judge, Aaron Gourley, said: “The CEO of the Year is one of the most prized in football. Through their hard work and dedication, each of the nominees has led their respective clubs to achieve outstanding performances both on and off the pitch. 

It’s fair to say using the same criteria “has led their respective clubs to achieve outstanding performances both on and off the pitch.“ she will not be nominated for this years award.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/in-full/ann-budge-wins-ceo-of-the-year-award-in-london-ceremony-1-4834556

9 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

What, we were lied to?

Who knew?

:sarcasm:

Capture.JPG

Edited by graygo

WheatfieldWarrior
10 minutes ago, pointon said:

A least we had a decent team

We didn't have under Vlad - it's true. I like Vlad's attitude in a strange way, but it's hard to forget that he left us ( and everyone  else) pot-less and with massive debts..

Budge has come in, we've recruited a stack of internationals and very good players, but we have an injury list worse than I've ever seen in word football.

I wish we had recruited a poacher as well if I am honest, but the player that are out should skosh this league.  

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior
test changes

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

FoH should be actively recruiting her successor now.

And actively looking to replace their members that are on the board.  What are the two foh representatives doing or saying about the current situation?  I really hope they aren't getting paid.  They probably aren't but it would be funny if they were after sitting on their hands and mouths during this shambles. 

2 minutes ago, Lop Tastic said:

would get a statement if they barked no doubt...

When age first came in she looked formidable.  She now looks like a granny in the coop queue who's just been handed the keys to a football team.  Where is she anyway? She used to be very vocal.  Probably hoping it'll all go away until she leaves with levein at the end of the season

Edited by FruitJuice

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Zlatanable said:

Do you understand what FoH is and what it does? 

(Obviously you do not)

Yes, yes I do.

Come February 2020, they/we will become the majority shareholder. At that point, FoH directors can demand that a new CEO be appointed.

WheatfieldWarrior
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

What, we were lied to?

Who knew?

:sarcasm:

Capture.JPG

Honesty, If Vlad or Roman turned up at my house, I'd break  one of the single malts, but they ran out of money, (and  dare I say talent) during the course of running the club.

Doubling the turnover - why couldn't they have done that? Budge did that - its difficult to put it in context, but it is definitely of great benefit to us in the future.

14 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

And actively looking to replace their members that are on the board.  What are the two foh representatives doing or saying about the current situation?  I really hope they aren't getting paid.  They probably aren't but it would be funny if they were after sitting on their hands and mouths during this shambles. 

Here's why.

The board of directors of the Club will be charged with managing and directing the affairs of the Club. The Foundation will not intervene, in any way, in the day-to-day operation of the Club but will have representation on the Club Board.

And no, they don't get paid.

Edited by graygo

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Respect to you if you take responsibility for making decisions at one of the biggest football clubs in Scotland. 

I will know who to get in contact with. 

Makes an arse of himself and comes back with that. :facepalm:

In simple terms, we need new decision making at the top.

Geoff Kilpatrick
30 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

And you believe Foundation of Hearts ought to be scouting this/these new decision makers?

Yes I do. Otherwise, the wrong people are in control of FoH.

WheatfieldWarrior
9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Are you sure you know what Foundation of Hearts is and what it does?

If the FOH aren't deeply  in awe of what Ann has done I'd be surprised.

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Geoff, The Foundation of Hearts will not be in control of Hearts. 

Your suggestion that the Foundation of Hearts ought to be actively seeking the successor to Ann Budge was incorrect.

The Foundation of Hearts will be the majority shareholder. It has the right to appoint a CEO of its own choosing.

WheatfieldWarrior
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The Foundation of Hearts will be the majority shareholder. It has the right to appoint a CEO of its own choosing.

I'd be amazed if they don't reappoint Ann Budge tbh.

Geoff Kilpatrick
24 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I'd be amazed if they don't reappoint Ann Budge tbh.

Of course they will. The FoH as is stands are a problem along with the rest of the board.

3 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

We didn't have under Vlad - it's true. I like Vlad's attitude in a strange way, but it's hard to forget that he left us ( and everyone  else) pot-less and with massive debts..

Budge has come in, we've recruited a stack of internationals and very good players, but we have an injury list worse than I've ever seen in word football.

I wish we had recruited a poacher as well if I am honest, but the player that are out should skosh this league.  

When he came in we had massive debts

I think ann budge enjoys the limelight she has with hearts

Whilst being an excellent businesswoman she was relatively unknown

6 hours ago, ecjambo said:

Why don’t you do a poll? Not bright enough to work out how?

We could then do one on who talks the biggest amount of attention seeking s***e on here and see who comes out on top.

I’ll forever be grateful with what Ann has done for this club. The bigger fault is Levein not walking away/stepping aside when he had some good will left. He’s lost it all now. 

I am not a registered member.

5 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

She would also charge extra for every shit your dog done.  You would get a chance to buy a Lego dog after it as a souvenir.  

At least it would sit on command tho’ 

11 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Happens a lot eh?

give it a shot then mate.

very amusing. 

Tbf a fair few pretty poor business people manage to make a good small business and flip it for profit. They often then go on trying to replicate that success without ever managing similar and in some cases manage to lose it all.

Being a good IT entrepreneur doesn't necessarily equate to being successful at running other established businesses.

13 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I was knocked into submission weeks ago. I dont care anymore, just let this season end, with both Levein and Budge gone. I cannot wait til it's done.

Wherever we finish, things can only improve with that gang gone. We can start looking forward to the whistle blowing at 3pm again.

It's done. Nothing is changing off the pitch til after the season. Wake me up when it's over, please. 

This is where I am at. Just need the season finished and them both out the door. 

My only concern is where will they have taken us by the seasons end. The Championship? 

Fozzyonthefence
7 hours ago, Lop Tastic said:

would get a statement if they barked no doubt...

Would it be a racist bark though?

The Real Maroonblood
14 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree LB . Maggie Thatcher brought respect and financial stability back to the UK. As an 8 year old, the winter of discontent, 4 day weeks and blackouts were horrendous. Thankfully, the bearded Commie is about to get annihilated in an election if he has the cojones to agee to one. Anyway, rant over. You are of course correct, Anm Budge could learn a lot from Mrs T.

At least Thatcher will be nice and warm now.

Mid Calder Jambo
8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

FoH should be actively recruiting her successor now.

Absolutely Geoff.  Regardless of what happens from here on in this season, she now has form that it is either "her way or the highway".  That is not good going forward apart from the age issue.  Do we really want someone in their early seventies being the CEO, I don't.  The club is crying out for new blood and new direction at the top and the longer she hangs around the worse it gets.  So listen out FOH we need a succession plan that is operable the day she gets her money back and we can then move on.

Mid Calder Jambo
32 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Tbf a fair few pretty poor business people manage to make a good small business and flip it for profit. They often then go on trying to replicate that success without ever managing similar and in some cases manage to lose it all.

Being a good IT entrepreneur doesn't necessarily equate to being successful at running other established businesses.

At last people are calling it correctly and she is now being found out.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

True enough. Loads of guys have fallen into the trap of thinking business is easy and moved into other fields and failed. 

I think when Ann took over the club it made sense for her to put a football person in charge of the football side. She realised her limitations and put someone in charge that knew the game. She picked the wrong person is her first mistake. Her second was obviously sticking with him, which is fast becoming unforgivable.

15 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I actually hate her.

Just about sums you up really incapable of posting without being rude and offensive. You are entitled to your opinion of course but could You please refrain from offensive hate remarks. 

15 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I actually hate her.

Just about sums you up really incapable of posting without being rude and offensive. You are entitled to your opinion of course but could You please refrain from offensive hate remarks. 

6 minutes ago, NEWSTAND said:

This board is full of hate, some just get sensitive when it is aimed at particular people.

Edited by i8hibsh

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This board is full of hate, some just get sensitive when it is aimed at particular people.

You're full of hate, don't pretend it's the whole board.

It's you.

Business wise the club should still be doing better and would be if we had actual experts employed rather than Ann Budge’s pals like the hopeless Ann Park

13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve actually been to the Sky restaurant, or whatever it’s called, and the food was excellent. Really enjoyed it and a cut above the other hospitality offerings imo. 

Above the Executive? Or is it the same chefs and food? The food in Executive was absolutely outstanding. 

14 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Not questioning the service, only the fact that that's what they are selling as premium.  What's premium about it?  I mean the layout.  Is it a highly respected chef that's doing the food?  It looks like a cafe in an airport.  

No idea who the chef is but the food and service are most definitely premium. 

14 hours ago, Whatever said:

The wankers on talk hearts know better.

They’ve never been but boy can they collectively kick the tits out a photo.

20 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Business wise the club should still be doing better and would be if we had actual experts employed rather than Ann Budge’s pals like the hopeless Ann Park

why hopeless? 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic