Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

perspective, your using one of the worst periods in our history as a benchmark  for this period - defeating your own point.

it would be fairer to compare levein to George burley in terms of resources. 

Do you really think so?

You don't know much then. Do you know how much Burleys squad cost?

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

9 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

:rofl:

You talk of patter then come out with “fall vacation”.

I wonder if your patter lead to your need in creating a new username to continue your efforts at shouting louder than others. You seem intent to simply stick to your guns with no balance in your argument. 

On topic...

we are stuck with CL until the seasons end. Hopefully we will then appoint a new manager who will take what is obviously a very good squad, add quality to it, then take us forward. This thread has run its course, IMO. 

It was a typo, now corrected. Hardly an attempt at banter.

i hadn’t been on jkb for almost 8 years before rejoining. I explained this in detail under a grilling from mothy soon after I rejoined. 

I think you are right. I think we are stuck with him till the end of the season. That doesn’t mean that people don’t want action sooner so the discussion will rage on.

i also agree we have a good squad and I’m fairly positive about the future just extremely frustrated at the moment.

Edited by GinRummy

8 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

There's something about this post that really sums you up...

Yes, you're right. 

I consider myself to be one of the decent posters.

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

It' called free will Fruity.

Fair enough but it looks like you can't, rather than won't answer.   A poster asked you what was the last hearts game you went to?  What's wrong with answering that? If that's your attitude no one else should reply to your posts.   

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

Fair enough but it looks like you can't, rather than won't answer.   A poster asked you what was the last hearts game you went to?  What's wrong with answering that? If that's your attitude no one else should reply to your posts.   

It's called free will fruity. 

I make a choice not to ask people personal questions and I don't answer personal questions. 

Is that ok with you? 

Not that it matters to me if it is or isn't.

8 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

:rofl:

You talk of patter then come out with “fall vacation”.

I wonder if your patter lead to your need in creating a new username to continue your efforts at shouting louder than others. You seem intent to simply stick to your guns with no balance in your argument. 

On topic...

we are stuck with CL until the seasons end. Hopefully we will then appoint a new manager who will take what is obviously a very good squad, add quality to it, then take us forward. This thread has run its course, IMO. 

So it's a given that we ate stuck with levein, no matter what? If the club were honest and open enough to tell us that, our ground will be nearly empty until then.  Is that why they are not telling us? 

That means if we lose the next two games that our league season is over.  When's the Scottish cup draw? 

18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I disagree, the squad isn't shit. 

WHEN we get a fully fit squad back you will see a big difference.

Contradictory?

If we don’t have a shit Squad then why can’t we cope with injuries? You mean we don’t have a shit team but we do have a shit squad.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Do you really think so?

You don't know much then. Do you know how much Burleys squad cost?

The most expensive, followed by this squad the 2nd or 3rd most expensive in the history of the club - As I say, a lot fairer comparison  than to a near bankrupt hearts where players were allocated a kit for the season and had to wash it themselves. 

and his record is still worse than those teams.. should be ****ing ashamed of himself. The very definition of failure 

annushorribilis III
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

No he’s absolutely correct. You have zero interest in hearing another opinion or applying any balance. 

Football fans have  a long and full history of demanding sackings early into managerial tenures. Some warranted, others not. Nothing he said was “garbage”

An opinion that is worthless when he makes a statement like that and doesn't cite a single example. 

It's just a sweeping generalisation  to have a go at Hearts fans, not an opinion rooted in any fact in that post. 

I'm OK with anyone saying anything they like but when it's nothing but a blatant swipe at Hearts fans - then no, I'm not going to accept that as valid. 

"You have zero interest in hearing another opinion or applying any balance"....

Really - how's that - considering I thought I had you on ignore too (and for quite a while now) but somehow I find myself exchanging views today - for the first time in a VERY long time. So that's another generalisation because IIRC , we have virtually never conversed on this board. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It was a typo, now corrected. Hardly an attempt at banter.

i hadn’t been on jkb for almost 8 years before rejoining. I explained this in detail under a grilling from mothy soon after I rejoined. 

I think you are right. I think we are stuck with him till the end of the season. That doesn’t mean that people don’t want action sooner so the discussion will rage on.

i also agree we have a good squad and I’m fairly positive about the future just extremely frustrated at the moment.

I think we're all frustrated Gin.

Some people just take out their frustration in the wrong way (I'm not referring to you btw).

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Contradictory?

If we don’t have a shit Squad then why can’t we cope with injuries? You mean we don’t have a shit team but we do have a shit squad.

Exactly.. still he listed Clare as one of the “good” signings.. he’s no better than Ramon Perreira :rofl:

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Contradictory?

Man City have a great squad but even you can admit that if they lost 4 or 5 “starters” their form would suffer. Don’t get me wrong I’m not a fan of Levein staying and it’s not the full reason we are shit at the moment but it’s certainly a significant factor. Some here are so quick to dismiss our quite remarkable injury problems. 

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Contradictory?

A shit squad doesn't get to two semis (possibly another final) and a final.

kingantti1874
Just now, Spoleto said:

we lost when we faced a decent side.. this great squad haven’t won a league game at Tynecastle since March.. :rofl: all over the place.. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

An opinion that is worthless when he makes a statement like that and doesn't cite a single example. 

It's just a sweeping generalisation  to have a go at Hearts fans, not an opinion rooted in any fact in that post. 

I'm OK with anyone saying anything they like but when it's nothing but a blatant swipe at Hearts fans - then no, I'm not going to accept that as valid. 

Really - how's that - considering I thought I had you on ignore too (and for quite a while now) but somehow I find myself exchanging views today - for the first time in a VERY long time. So that's another generalisation because IIRC , we have virtually never conversed on this board. 

Your last paragraph is one of the worst cases of word salad I’ve ever seen. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The most expensive, followed by this squad the 2nd or 3rd most expensive in the history of the club - As I say, a lot fairer comparison  than to a near bankrupt hearts where players were allocated a kit for the season and had to wash it themselves. 

and his record is still worse than those teams.. should be ****ing ashamed of himself. The very definition of failure 

Two players in Burleys squad probably cost more than the entire current first team.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

So if a new manager comes in and lets say we lose 6 on the spin you don't think there would be calls for his head?

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

There would be aye. As there would at any top 5 or 6 club in Scotland. 

And yet ..........

28 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Get a grip. 

No, I don't. 

This squad is garbage , like many before it. Getting rid of Levein and the other coaches will be a great start on a rocky road to rebuild. 

annushorribilis III

I'm devastated. 

Anyway, back to the point.

I'm sure Graygo is a big boy and can defend himself. 

Enjoy the salad. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

You had me on ignore for “quite a while” and stated we haven’t “exchanged views in a VERY long time”...yet you only joined in August. 

You seem...confused. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Man City have a great squad but even you can admit that if they lost 4 or 5 “starters” their form would suffer. Don’t get me wrong I’m not a fan of Levein staying and it’s not the full reason we are shit at the moment but it’s certainly a significant factor. Some here are so quick to dismiss our quite remarkable injury problems. 

To the extent of not winning a home game in 6 months ? Remember we are playing Ross county, Hamilton and the likes - not ****ing Chelsea.. 

90% of the time the teams we’ve put out have been capable of winning (on paper)

5 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Calm down dear!

Some people are quick to dismiss our injuries. Results might well be better without the horrendous injury list.

For balance though, other people,  came up with a range of other reasons/ excuses for levein’s failure in months gone by, and are now saying the injuries are THE reason for our underachievement and suggesting until he has a fully fit squad (which might be never) he can’t be judged at all. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Two players in Burleys squad probably cost more than the entire current first team.

Our wage bill is near £7million.. You don’t they this at all do you . In a league table of resource this team would be near the top, not the bottom

annushorribilis III

You had me on ignore for “quite a while” and stated we haven’t “exchanged views in a VERY long time”...yet you only joined in August. 

You seem...confused. 

Nope. Defo had you on ignore. 

Bit paranoid mate - you even had a wee look ?😄

annushorribilis III
Just now, graygo said:

Your one word answers don't add much to the conversation chief.

Neither does your sweeping generalisation but if you want to back it up with some facts than maybe we can get back to it ? 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, annushorribilis III said:

Nope. Defo had you on ignore. 

Bit paranoid mate - you even had a wee look ?😄

Maybe under another username you had me on ignore. 

Tying yourself in knots, chief. Maybe best you take a wee break and regroup. 

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Let's not get into the route we took to the last semi eh?

We played absolute pish teams most of the way and happy clapped ourselfs to death because we didn't get absolutely hammered by Celtic. 

annushorribilis III

Maybe under another username you had me on ignore. 

Tying yourself in knots, chief. Maybe best you take a wee break and regroup. 

If you want to debate Graygo's sweeping generalisation then fire away. 

9 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

I posted a link to a poll about whether Levein should go or not which was started a matter of months after he became manager, is that not an example?

Why the anger mate? It does you no favours.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Robert Lazar said:

We played absolute pish teams most of the way and happy clapped ourselfs to death because we didn't get absolutely hammered by Celtic. 

And in this competition we failed to be east fife and Dundee utd, despite having a near full squad available 

2 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

Two semis (minimum) and a final.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

And in this competition we failed to be east fife and Dundee utd, despite having a near full squad available 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

What was the generalization? 

We we can back to your confusion soon enough. 

5 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Whats with the ‘even’ you comment? 

I’m not going through this again. I listed 18 games last season where we had only 1 or 2 key players injured we won 2.

I listed the teams that faced Ross County / Hamilton / Motherwell this season again only 1 or 2 key players missing. 

Ive also stated I accept injuries have affected us, but this 5 or 6 thing is a myth. It’s rarely been that many. The bottom line is if Steven Naismith is injured we tend to lose.

Unless we slip into the relegation zone and stay there for a number of weeks with no sign of improvement CL is here for the season, I’m resigned to that now. I’ve only really contributed to this thread over the last couple days with squad lists and teams that posters have requested.

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, graygo said:

I posted a link to a poll about whether Levein should go or not which was started a matter of months after he became manager, is that not an example?

You made a sweeping attack on Hearts fans. I called you out on it. So, you going to back it up or not ? 

kingantti1874
Just now, Spoleto said:

luck. And then it ran out.. the final performance was decent despite losing.. we got embarrassed by Celtic at murrayfield 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I’m not going through this again. I listed 18 games last season where we had only 1 or 2 key players injured we won 2.

I listed the teams that faced Ross County / Hamilton / Motherwell this season again only 1 or 2 key players missing. 

Ive also stated I accept injuries have affected us, but this 5 or 6 thing is a myth. It’s rarely been that many. The bottom line is if Steven Naismith is injured we tend to lose.

Unless we slip into the relegation zone and stay there for a number of weeks with no sign of improvement CL is here for the season, I’m resigned to that now. I’ve only really contributed to this thread over the last couple days with squad lists and teams that posters have requested.

bang on

Gorgie Boys are in town.
13 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You just described your whole posting history. 

Plenty posters slagging off Leveins signing policy but nobody wants to put their head above the parapet.

Aaron Hickey – Good

Ben Garuccio - Average

Bobby Burns – Undecided

Callumn Morrison - Average

Clevid Dikamona – Good

Colin Doyle – Average

Conor Shaughnessy - Average

Craig Wighton – Undecided

David Vanecek - Poor

Jake Mulraney - Average

Jimmy Dunne - Good

Oliver Bozanic - Average

Olly Lee – Good

Peter Haring – Good

Ryan Edwards – Average

Sean Clare – Good

Steven MacLean – Poor

Uche  - Good

Zlamal - Average

Craig Halkett - Good

Conor Washington – Good 

Glen Whelan - Good

Loic Damour – Average, potentially good

Joel Pereira - Good

Jamie Walker - Good

Ryotaro Meshino – Good 

Aidy White – Good

Naismith - Good

3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

You made a sweeping attack on Hearts fans. I called you out on it. So, you going to back it up or not ? 

Some Hears fans are complete jerks.

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

See, this is a post that I can accept is balanced and probably quite accurate. I’m always willing to change my mind or at least listen to a fair summation of events.

You're right, the “even you” was ill thought out. Apologies. 

36 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

There's something about this post that really sums you up...

Edited by Morgan
Wrong thread

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

What was the generalization? 

We we can back to your confusion soon enough. 

Go speak to Graygo. I'm sure he can help you. 

5 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

Bigger picture 

That is part of the bigger picture. Do LC's and SC's not count for some reason.

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

LOL. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

Yet another who has been here a matter of weeks yet knows histories. 

A lot lot of masks slipping on this thread. 

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Your one word answers don't add much to the conversation chief.

9 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Neither does your sweeping generalisation but if you want to back it up with some facts than maybe we can get back to it ? 

7 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ok, it's not just your one word posts that don't add much to the conversation.  :facepalm: 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic