Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

27 minutes ago, Boab said:

Em...aye ?

How long has Levein been given ?

This isn’t a poor start, bud !

Just wondering if the patience of our support has been stretched to the limit with the current situation. 

In which case if a new manager was thought to be struggling would fans be as patient after everything that's happened.

In other words it is imperative that Hearts find the right man even if we have to push the boat out a bit.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

6 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Why pay a six figure sum for wighton if money was limited?  So you're saying that because of limited funds we signed players that weren't that good? We must've targeted these players because of that thinking we would be able to make them better.  That hasn't worked and can only be down to our coaches not being able to improve them.  Funds wouldn't have been limited if we hadn't squandered hundreds of thousands on players who gave little return.  It may even be millions squandered.  Is no one to blame for this? 

Who says that Wightons not that good?

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Makes you wonder why we've been so gash for a year and haven't won a home game for 8 months.

8 months... 

😭😭😭😭

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

We know when the Levein boo boys are struggling as they resort to the childish name calling and abuse rather than staying on topic.

who’s struggling? You think we have a fabulous squad, fabulous manager and yet use injuries as an excuse for being the worst team in the top division over the past year 😂 as I said - away with the fairies.. all over the place 

kingantti1874
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

8 months... 

😭😭😭😭

8 months in mid November isn’t it? And only 2 in the calendar year to date? 

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Just wondering if the patience of our support has been stretched to the limit with the current situation. 

In which case if a new manager was thought to be struggling would fans be as patient after everything that's happened.

In other words it is imperative that Hearts find the right man even if we have to push the boat out a bit.

Of course they would, mate.

This has been going on too long so you’re right. Patience has been stretched to the limit. There’s a blind devotion to following a team that, even now, you hope it can be turned round. 
Then reality kicks in !

He will see out his time I think. My fear, and I hope I’m very wrong, is that he will remain at the club and a cheap option as coach will be installed. Even someone in the dug out right now.

If that happens, there will be no patience, as you can imagine, as that will start another bun fight bigger than this !

Enough time has been given, with no sign of consistent form. The Cups have saved his bacon basically.

15 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Who says that Wightons not that good?

Everyone..................

3 hours ago, martoon said:

Not often a beleveiner concedes he's in the minority. 

Well done. 

I did not agree I was in the minority but that just shows how desperate some people are.

I was TOLD I was in the minority - which could be true or the usual make believe

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Months in my case but he still drags me back in with his nonsense, must not open them 🤬.

You are the master of nonsense my friend.

Your hatred is so intense that you can't resist.

BTW you drew yourself in with your repetitive drivel yesterday (or the day before?)

I think what you want is a free board to peddle your drivel unchallenged.

11 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Everyone..................

Really?

The jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.

It's funny how the noisy minority of Levein haters keep on saying they're "ignoring" the decent posters that back the Club and Levein yet keep on coming back to comment on posts?

Strange and irrational behaviour.

I hope Ian Cathro enjoyed his celebrations mid week helping his Premiership club to a good win away from home in Europe.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I hope Ian Cathro enjoyed his celebrations mid week helping his Premiership club to a good win away from home in Europe.

You remind me a bit of that Duncan Norville bloke on the telly in the '80's. Used to touch people on the shoulder and say "chase me".

So that's 27 signings over the last two years. I reckon 15 good, 9 average, 2 poor, 1 undecided.

Aaron Hickey – Good

Ben Garuccio - Average

Bobby Burns – Undecided

Callumn Morrison - Average

Clevid Dikamona – Good

Colin Doyle – Average

Conor Shaughnessy - Average

Craig Wighton – Undecided

David Vanecek - Poor

Jake Mulraney - Average

Jimmy Dunne - Good

Oliver Bozanic - Average

Olly Lee – Good

Peter Haring – Good

Ryan Edwards – Average

Sean Clare – Good

Steven MacLean – Poor

Uche  - Good

Zlamal - Average

Craig Halkett - Good

Conor Washington – Good 

Glen Whelan - Good

Loic Damour – Average, potentially good

Joel Pereira - Good

Jamie Walker - Good

Ryotaro Meshino – Good 

Aidy White – Good

Naismith - Good

8 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Graciousness rarely seen in modernity. You’re quite the gentleman

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

It will be interesting to see folks attitude to the new manager (when it eventually happens).

Will people give him time if we get off to a poor start ?

The folk you talk about will no doubt be very vocal in their disappointment at the new manager right from the start so that they can say told you so when it does eventually go tits up.

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

You remind me a bit of that Duncan Norville bloke on the telly in the '80's. Used to touch people on the shoulder and say "chase me".

And did you?

50 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Why pay a six figure sum for wighton if money was limited?  So you're saying that because of limited funds we signed players that weren't that good? We must've targeted these players because of that thinking we would be able to make them better.  That hasn't worked and can only be down to our coaches not being able to improve them.  Funds wouldn't have been limited if we hadn't squandered hundreds of thousands on players who gave little return.  It may even be millions squandered.  Is no one to blame for this? 

Every signing is a risk and the risk is greater when funds are limited as they have been since Admin.

Only now we seem to be freeing ourselves of capital project costs and IMO the quality of signings has improved eg Halkett, Washington. Walker, Whelan and the 2 loan signings.  Don't you agree?

Just unfortunate we can't get them on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Em...aye ?

How long has Levein been given ?

This isn’t a poor start, bud !

Yip, he has had more than enough time. 

Christ his record since the start of this year is atrocious. 

Yet he is still here. 

Would any other manager still be in the job at a club like Hearts. 

Would they hell. 

In fact think any manager in world football would have been given the boot months ago with his record. 

16 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

So that's 27 signings over the last two years. I reckon 15 good, 9 average, 2 poor, 1 undecided.

Aaron Hickey – Good

Ben Garuccio - Average

Bobby Burns – Undecided

Callumn Morrison - Average

Clevid Dikamona – Good

Colin Doyle – Average

Conor Shaughnessy - Average

Craig Wighton – Undecided

David Vanecek - Poor

Jake Mulraney - Average

Jimmy Dunne - Good

Oliver Bozanic - Average

Olly Lee – Good

Peter Haring – Good

Ryan Edwards – Average

Sean Clare – Good

Steven MacLean – Poor

Uche  - Good

Zlamal - Average

Craig Halkett - Good

Conor Washington – Good 

Glen Whelan - Good

Loic Damour – Average, potentially good

Joel Pereira - Good

Jamie Walker - Good

Ryotaro Meshino – Good 

Aidy White – Good

Naismith - Good

That's a fair effort you'll reel a few in with that!

1976-77, 1978-79 and 1980-81 were far worse years than Hearts' record after 2012.  I watched the poor sides under Hagart, Ormond and Moncur and they were far worse than what Levein is putting out now.

You don't know what you've got 'til its gone.  

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

54 minutes ago, Boab said:

Of course they would, mate.

This has been going on too long so you’re right. Patience has been stretched to the limit. There’s a blind devotion to following a team that, even now, you hope it can be turned round. 
Then reality kicks in !

He will see out his time I think. My fear, and I hope I’m very wrong, is that he will remain at the club and a cheap option as coach will be installed. Even someone in the dug out right now.

If that happens, there will be no patience, as you can imagine, as that will start another bun fight bigger than this !

Enough time has been given, with no sign of consistent form. The Cups have saved his bacon basically.

And yet .......

How long was that? 6 maybe 7 months?

8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yip, he has had more than enough time. 

Christ his record since the start of this year is atrocious. 

Yet he is still here. 

Would any other manager still be in the job at a club like Hearts. 

Would they hell. 

In fact think any manager in world football would have been given the boot months ago with his record. 

It feels like they saying that if a new manager gets off to a bad start the fans won't give him a chance so we might as well just keep levein.  That and the cost of paying off him and the coaching staff, even though partick could do it even though they couldn't afford a bus for their team to travel on.  Why the desperation to keep a guy at the club who has been responsible for two and a half years of rubbish that includes the worst run in our history? 

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

It feels like they saying that if a new manager gets off to a bad start the fans won't give him a chance so we might as well just keep levein.  That and the cost of paying off him and the coaching staff, even though partick could do it even though they couldn't afford a bus for their team to travel on.  Why the desperation to keep a guy at the club who has been responsible for two and a half years of rubbish that includes the worst run in our history? 

Absolute mystery tbh. 😏

5 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

1976-77, 1978-79 and 1980-81 were far worse years than Hearts' record after 2012.  I watched the poor sides under Hagart, Ormond and Moncur and they were far worse than what Levein is putting out now.

Many of us have seen much worse than todays fayre Tasavallan. Some have short memories, some are just children that have been brought up in a culture where they think they get if they shout louder than anyone else.

8 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

At least these teams gave 100 per cent and they were nowhere near the level of ability of the squad we have now

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

At least these teams gave 100 per cent and they were nowhere near the level of ability of the squad we have now

Exactly and who even cares that we had shit teams 30 + years ago. 

Edited by GinRummy

Bridge of Djoum
36 minutes ago, graygo said:

The folk you talk about will no doubt be very vocal in their disappointment at the new manager right from the start so that they can say told you so when it does eventually go tits up.

They’ll simply turn on AB. Folk like that need someone to blame and shout at. The result of living a life with little direction or love, or a hobby. 

annushorribilis III
44 minutes ago, graygo said:

You & Luckydug : what a load of utter garbage. 

Edited by annushorribilis III

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Statistically you are wrong, and putting that aside, we were broke to the extent we were nearly out of businesses.. right now we have never been stronger financially. Proves a point that you are even comparing this team to that one..

based on resources relative to the completion levein has performed at a disgraceful level.. 

42 minutes ago, graygo said:

There are certainly people who just like to moan and the manager is often an easy target.

On the flipside, some fans will accept the club massively underachieving and always give the manager the benefit of the doubt.

1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

You & Luckydug : what a loaf of utter garbage. 

So if a new manager comes in and lets say we lose 6 on the spin you don't think there would be calls for his head?

Just now, GinRummy said:

There are certainly people who just like to moan and the manager is often an easy target.

On the flipside, some fans will accept the club massively underachieving and always give the manager the benefit of the doubt.

True on both counts, the folk in the middle of the two don't post on JKB.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

True on both counts, the folk in the middle of the two don't post on JKB.

😀 that’s quite possibly true. It doesn’t change the fact that, given the resources we have in comparison to previous poor runs of form, we are in one of the worst runs of form ever.

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

😀 that’s quite possibly true. It doesn’t change the fact that, given the resources we have in comparison to previous poor runs of form, we are in one of the worst runs of form ever.

Don't think anyone would deny that.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Statistically you are wrong, and putting that aside, we were broke to the extent we were nearly out of businesses.. right now we have never been stronger financially. Proves a point that you are even comparing this team to that one..

based on resources relative to the completion levein has performed at a disgraceful level.. 

Spot on.  Some forget that Levein has been fully supported financially unlike those previously mentioned managers.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

So if a new manager comes in and lets say we lose 6 on the spin you don't think there would be calls for his head?

There would be aye. As there would at any top 5 or 6 club in Scotland. 

33 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I try to forget those years and you go and remind me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agreed.. it really says a lot about how far expectations have fallen for some folk under levein (not meaning to have a pop at you Graygo) but with this squad in this shite league.. feck me.. yeah 6 straight defeats on the bounce would place huge pressure on a new man!! 

Just now, Guffers said:

Agreed.. it really says a lot about how far expectations have fallen for some folk under levein (not meaning to have a pop at you Graygo) but with this squad in this shite league.. feck me.. yeah 6 straight defeats on the bounce would place huge pressure on a new man!! 

I get where Graygo is coming from  Some fans, maybe particularly on jkb,, are just never happy, never patient, never see the.bigger picture. If I’m honest though, we are miles and miles past pandering to that minority. I think most hearts fans will put up with a lot if they see light at the end of the tunnel.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get where Graygo is coming from  Some fans, maybe particularly on jkb,, are just never happy, never patient, never see the.bigger picture. If I’m honest though, we are miles and miles past pandering to that minority. I think most hearts fans will put up with a lot if they see light at the end of the tunnel.

And is there light at the end of this tunnel?

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Makes you wonder what given time actually means then, is it 4 games? 3? Less?

Obviously I'm being a bit facetious here so you don't need to reply.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic