Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

16 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

😃

I've been hoping it would catch on for about 3 months now. 

It hasn't. :lol:

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Allowayjambo1874
2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Aaron Hickey – Good

Ben Garuccio - Average

Bobby Burns – Undecided

Callumn Morrison - Average

Clevid Dikamona – Good

Colin Doyle – Average

Conor Shaughnessy - Average

Craig Wighton – Undecided

David Vanecek - Poor

Jake Mulraney - Average

Jimmy Dunne - Good

Oliver Bozanic - Average

Olly Lee – Good

Peter Haring – Good

Ryan Edwards – Average

Sean Clare – Good

Steven MacLean – Poor

Uche  - Good

Zlamal - Average

Craig Halkett - Good

Conor Washington – Good 

Glen Whelan - Good

Loic Damour – Average, potentially good

Joel Pereira - Good

Jamie Walker - Good

Ryotaro Meshino – Good 

Aidy White – Good

Naismith - Good

You respond  to every post except this one.

when was the last time you attended a Hearts match?

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Does it make you wonder Nookie?

Here, I'll spell it out for you again ..

I

N

J

U

R

I

E

S

Didn’t seem to affect us at Easter Road it last Sunday. 

It’s almost as if Levein uses injuries as an excuse to cover up the fact he hasn’t got the faintest idea how to send a team out to break down a team that sits in to defend and play on the break. 🤔

E

X

C
U

S

E

S

14 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Hearts used 117 Hibs 90.

What I would say having put them together is Hibs have had more continuity through out the same period and used a number of short term loans while in the championship to boost their numbers. Most of their signings have played games where many of ours had an odd sub appearance here and there. I would say we have made better quality signings but also signed a whole lot of rubbish who barely kicked a ball.

Obviously the stand outs for them were McGeough / McGinn / Allan and I guess you could argue Kamberi and maybe Boyle. The rest seem pretty average but fitted in to a fairly settle squad. We clearly have our challenges with finding a settled squad due to injuries, volume of players and tinkering with formations.

That's what I take from it. 

A fairly balanced view Rudy. 

I would say that one reason Hearts have signed more players was to help cope with the injury crisis that we have gone through. 

I wonder if a Hibs fan would say that that they have also "signed a whole lot of rubbish". I think they would. 

2 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

You respond  to every post except this one.

when was the last time you attended a Hearts match?

I reckon his last game was 25th August at celtic 😏

Allowayjambo1874
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I reckon his last game was 25th August at celtic 😏

Disagree mate, think it’s 22nd September 

14 hours ago, Spoleto said:

I don't get the childish name rhyming thing. That would be like you being called organ. Just daft nonsense, I would expect better.

You’re right.

Can’t have folk being childish on this thread.

Sorry.

23 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Hearts used 117 Hibs 90.

What I would say having put them together is Hibs have had more continuity through out the same period and used a number of short term loans while in the championship to boost their numbers. Most of their signings have played games where many of ours had an odd sub appearance here and there. I would say we have made better quality signings but also signed a whole lot of rubbish who barely kicked a ball.

Obviously the stand outs for them were McGeough / McGinn / Allan and I guess you could argue Kamberi and maybe Boyle. The rest seem pretty average but fitted in to a fairly settle squad. We clearly have our challenges with finding a settled squad due to injuries, volume of players and tinkering with formations.

That's what I take from it. 

Good bit of research there mate 👍

I think that because we achieved promotion straight away we revamped our squad massively over the first couple of seasons.

Hibs on the other hand were stuck in the Championship over that time and more or less stuck with the same squad as the demands were much less.  By their third season in the Championship with the

Rangers and Hearts no longer there the opposition was so weak there was no need to sign many more players.

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

A fairly balanced view Rudy. 

I would say that one reason Hearts have signed more players was to help cope with the injury crisis that we have gone through. 

I wonder if a Hibs fan would say that that they have also "signed a whole lot of rubbish". I think they would. 

I think the over riding issue is we’ve failed to address key positions and kept buying players until one turned out good enough. Full back, attacking midfield and forwards stand out as positions we’ve thrown players at. I would suggest attacking midfield and forwards are still an issue. With no able replacements for Naismith and Washington.

Well the hibs list is there you can probably make your own mind up. I think the difference is none of their real rubbish were on long term deals and were swiftly sent back to loan clubs or released.

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Didn’t seem to affect us at Easter Road it last Sunday. 

It’s almost as if Levein uses injuries as an excuse to cover up the fact he hasn’t got the faintest idea how to send a team out to break down a team that sits in to defend and play on the break. 🤔

E

X

C
U

S

E

S

Have you just blown your own cover, Nookie?

2 hours ago, Mort said:

This truly highlights how bad a manager we have. Terrible terrible quality of signings overall.

2 hours ago, Mort said:

This truly highlights how bad a manager we have. Terrible terrible quality of signings overall.

Yet people think it is very positive. 

Absolutely bizzare 😏

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why would you support a manager? They come and go and are there to be judged...every decision,  substitution,  comment etc. You support the club, NOT the manager. 2 and a half years in charge with consecutive 6th place finishes and sitting 10th just now. He has been cut more than enough slack. Had he not been the DOF and a friend of Budge, his feet wouldn't have touched the ground as he was flung out the door. You seem to forget that managers come and go at every club in the country. It is an entirely normal concept to remove a failing manager. We are the club that is out of sync by tolerating failure.

This is the point of the whole thread, imo.

Done a quick check and in my time going, 27 have come and gone.

Still going despite the ups and downs.

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Inconvenient truth KLAXON.

Sadly, for the tiny handful of desperate Internet uber straw clutchers that post on this forum (though tbf I think most of them are probably h1b5 interlopers on the wind up), this will escape their "hertz ur the oanly klub tae huv hud loadsae injureez & Craig is barry!" style laughable nonsense.

What happened to Lord Levein's klaxon?  All swagger and smiles when ge first signed players in this spell but not heard it since. Though he did give us the wonderful natural order quote... for a man that's won nothing he sure does like a bit of verbal.  Embarrassing. 

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

This is the point of the whole thread, imo.

Done a quick check and in my time going, 27 have come and gone.

Still going despite the ups and downs.

It will be interesting to see folks attitude to the new manager (when it eventually happens).

Will people give him time if we get off to a poor start ?

18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Hmmm!

Why wont you answe the guy who asked you what you last hearts game was? Just tell him and it'll shut him up.  

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't say build up slowly: I said build up incrementally which means that progressively you acquire better players each year within your available (playing) budget.  There have been some duffers with hindsight but I challenge you to name any team, including established clubs, who have not signed their fair share of duffers who are more prevalent when cash is limited.

I am not a club plant which is akin to me calling you a Hibs supporter with your continual negative and unsupportive views  and name calling like happy clapper.  Maybe we should call you a Neggy with your incessant negativity.

Next time we take a point from from Rantic should I just sit down and cry and then resort to keyboard moaning and groanin?.  Give it a rest and give praise where/when it is due.  Oh and do us a favour - concentrate on the facts rather than childishly criticising posters who do not agree with your opinion.

You're struggling for relevance now pal, you're all over the place. 

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I think he's basically admitting that Craig has signed a few suffer lately but it's ok because other teams do as well.  If we forget other teams, we can now discuss why we ate signing duffers? Bad scouting or good players coached into being bad players? At least he has admitted the duffers. 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Not often a beleveiner concedes he's in the minority. 

Well done. 

:clap: 

A ‘Daydream beleveiner’ at that!

Maybe just time for a change and a clear out. Every business has to stop and take stock and Budge says we're a business....!!

9 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Ah, the old effort at amateur psychology.  Dismal failure!

Not take up the challenge?

Why?

Because it's you who is all over the place.

58 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Have you just blown your own cover, Nookie?

Oops-y

Obviously I meant “Easter Road or last Sunday”. 

Honest, guv 😏

7 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I think he's basically admitting that Craig has signed a few suffer lately but it's ok because other teams do as well.  If we forget other teams, we can now discuss why we ate signing duffers? Bad scouting or good players coached into being bad players? At least he has admitted the duffers. 

He's basically saying that every signing is a risk and Hearts, like other clubs, take these risks which do not always work out as we hope.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Let's not make a Monkee out of him. I'm a beleveiner he's doing a fine job of it himself.

Just now, JamboAl said:

He's basically saying that every signing is a risk and Hearts, like other clubs, take these risks which do not always work out as we hope.

How come a most of our risks haven't worked out?  Bad scouting or bad coaching?

Just now, martoon said:

Let's not make a Monkee out of him. I'm a beleveiner he's doing a fine job of it himself.

There's no need to go ape just because I do not share your opinion.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Let’s hope he’s soon on the Last train to Clarksville.

Just now, JamboAl said:

:lol: 

Just now, FruitJuice said:

How come a most of our risks haven't worked out?  Bad scouting or bad coaching?

I think basically it's because money has been limited and Ronaldo and Messi are maybe a wee bit too expensive for us.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Oops-y

Honest, guv 😏

Aye. I'll believe you😎

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I think basically it's because money has been limited and Ronaldo and Messi are maybe a wee bit too expensive for us.

We need Kylian Mbappe, in that case

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aye but...once we get all our star players back Nelly......just watch us go!! St. Mirren better watch their backs!

Steady the buffs there Enzo old son. That sorts chat will have the might Spoleto of the Internet down on you like a tonne of bricks... almost as if he/other 'net no lives' think you actually give a flying duck about any of their utterly bizarre, bedroom at their mums bound, ramblings or that it may in even the slightest minute way effect the rest of your day. Weirdos!:laugh:

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Ah, the old effort at amateur psychology.  Dismal failure!

Not take up the challenge?

Why?

Because it's you who is all over the place.

There was no challenge, the only challenge I have is suffering your inane drivel when clearly in the minority, it's actually soul destroying, your parties must be a right hoot, and you're still all over the place, just like you have been for months now. 

Nelly Terraces

TBF though, this thread has at least smoked out quite a lot of vermin, so as well as prvoiding me with a great deal of myrth it's also proved a good service in now enabling a block to be put on those spouting their anti Hearts rhetoric. Nice one.

Edited by Nelly Terraces

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Oops-y

Honest, guv 😏

Never in doubt that one, Mr Bear.  :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

:)

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Steady the buffs there Enzo old son. That sorts chat will have the might Spoleto of the Internet down on you like a tonne of bricks... almost as if he/other 'net no lives' think you actually give a flying duck about any of their utterly bizarre, bedroom at their mums bound, ramblings or that it may in even the slightest minute way effect the rest of your day. Weirdos!:laugh:

:rofl: 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Not often a beleveiner concedes he's in the minority. 

Well done. 

😀 Nice one. 

19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Well expanded Morgan 😅😅

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

😀 Nice one. 

An improvement on ”Levein fanboys" I feel.

Probably a bit more friendly too.

7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

There was no challenge, the only challenge I have is suffering your inane drivel when clearly in the minority, it's actually soul destroying, your parties must be a right hoot, and you're still all over the place, just like you have been for months now. 

Put him on ignore mate. 

Makes for a far better life. 😉

Well expanded Morgan 😅😅

Merci.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, martoon said:

An improvement on ”Levein fanboys" I feel.

Probably a bit more friendly too.

Who cares about ‘friendly’?  :biggrin:

The Old Tolbooth

Put him on ignore mate. 

Makes for a far better life. 😉

He would claim some sort of moral victory if I did, he's really that pathetic :lol: 

45 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It will be interesting to see folks attitude to the new manager (when it eventually happens).

Will people give him time if we get off to a poor start ?

Em...aye ?

How long has Levein been given ?

This isn’t a poor start, bud !

We know when the Levein boo boys are struggling as they resort to the childish name calling and abuse rather than staying on topic.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Em...aye ?

How long has Levein been given ?

This isn’t a poor start, bud !

You're right, Boab. Of course a new head coach would be given time. Nobody would expect an announcement then boom...Celtic 0 Hearts 5 the following game.

Some Hearts fans accuse fellow supporters of being too demanding or having a sense of entitlement. We really don't. I doubt even young supporters, who've only lived through the 3 Cup era, feel that way. There's been a lot of guff from Hearts in between and since.

However, if the next man was, or was seen as (McCann/Elvis), a Levein stooge that would alter things. 

Nothing against Neil or Steven, btw, just wouldn't want either as head coach. Although I think the former would be a good addition to the backroom staff (such as it is at the moment).

13 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

We know when the Levein boo boys are struggling as they resort to the childish name calling and abuse rather than staying on topic.

Away ya big jobby.

50 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Why pay a six figure sum for wighton if money was limited?  So you're saying that because of limited funds we signed players that weren't that good? We must've targeted these players because of that thinking we would be able to make them better.  That hasn't worked and can only be down to our coaches not being able to improve them.  Funds wouldn't have been limited if we hadn't squandered hundreds of thousands on players who gave little return.  It may even be millions squandered.  Is no one to blame for this? 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic