Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get where Graygo is coming from  Some fans, maybe particularly on jkb,, are just never happy, never patient, never see the.bigger picture. If I’m honest though, we are miles and miles past pandering to that minority. I think most hearts fans will put up with a lot if they see light at the end of the tunnel.

Absolutely mate.. Light at the end of tunnel.. i remember going to brockville when JJ arrived in 95 and getting beat and dropping to bottom of league (i think?) - big davie weir scored against us! - but i clearly remember there was a belief that we had the right man!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly and who even cares that we had shit teams 30 + years ago. 

Who gives a shit about our history?

History gives us our grounding and our perspective.

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

And is there light at the end of this tunnel?

It’ll be shining like a Belisha Beacon at 5am on a December morning as soon as CL and his coaches are shown the door,.

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Which is why I didn’t say ‘who gives a shit about history’. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It’ll be shining like a Belisha Beacon at 5am on a December morning as soon as CL and his coaches are shown the door,.

Do you actually see that happening?he will get till his contract runs out.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Also something some clubs don't have. . 

16 minutes ago, graygo said:

Makes you wonder what given time actually means then, is it 4 games? 3? Less?

Obviously I'm being a bit facetious here so you don't need to reply.

I think you will always get a section of the support who are so knee jerk that even two games into a new managers tenure, there would be calls for his head. That’s just football fans for you though and during the early days of a new management team most supporters would understand that things take time. A few dissenting voices wouldn’t put off a football professional trying to manage a club like hearts either.

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I agree Spoleto but if we start to hold up the past and say “it was worse back then, we should think ourselves lucky now” that’s an absolute loser mentality for me.. (appreciate you are not saying that)

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Do you actually see that happening?he will get till his contract runs out.

Unfortunately I think he will get till the end of his contract as well. Another season down the tubes. Next seasons not that far away though and who knows he might go sooner.

11 minutes ago, Guffers said:

Absolutely mate.. Light at the end of tunnel.. i remember going to brockville when JJ arrived in 95 and getting beat and dropping to bottom of league (i think?) - big davie weir scored against us! - but i clearly remember there was a belief that we had the right man!

Exactly. Feels like we are near the end of something with Levein. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Unfortunately I think he will get till the end of his contract as well. Another season down the tubes. Next seasons not that far away though and who knows he might go sooner.

Here's hoping mate.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

But there isn’t a valid  comparison between those teams and this one is there? 

And you’ve still not explained how we can have in your opinion a great “squad” and a great manager at the same time and still be Tam kite?

spoleto : injuries 

but our squad is great, lord levein has signed loads of great players ! shouldn’t we be able to win against the worst teams in the league without 2 or 3 key players 

spoleto : ....

It's pointless banging on about what happened decades ago, totally different circumstances to where we're at today. 

Think about all the money we've been plowing into the club recently,  debt free, anonymous hand outs, the lot. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

But there isn’t a valid  comparison between those teams and this one is there? 

And you’ve still not explained how we can have in your opinion a great “squad” and a great manager at the same time and still be Tam kite?

spoleto : injuries 

but our squad is great, lord levein has signed loads of great players ! shouldn’t we be able to win against the worst teams in the league without 2 or 3 key players 

spoleto : ....

How many times do you want the same answer? Key injured players ....... replaced by key injured players. 

The time to judge Levein is when he has the majority of his key players available for a sequence of games.

2 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

It's pointless banging on about what happened decades ago, totally different circumstances to where we're at today. 

Think about all the money we've been plowing into the club recently,  debt free, anonymous hand outs, the lot. 

Yes, because things were MUCH worse in our history. 

How very convenient to choose to ignore that.

7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Here's hoping mate.

It’s all still sad as f****. This is Craig Levein.. one of our great players and someone who i have no doubt eats, sleeps and breathes Hearts like we do.. but it’s way beyond time for a change.

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Which is why I didn’t say ‘who gives a shit about history’. 

Both are equally relevant IMO.

I don't get your point. 

Are you saying that because things were much worse before, we should accept the shit show that's happening just now?

1 hour ago, graygo said:

And yet .......

How long was that? 6 maybe 7 months?

Two thirds wanted him to stay in that poll, mate. 
The latest one was over 80% to go the last time I looked.

He got time....nearly a year and a half more as it stands !

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Spoleto, **** off son and leave the adults to chat.. you’re just trying to be an antagonistic prick as per usual. It’s not opinion or debate it’s just wind up shite.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

How many times do you want the same answer? Key injured players ....... replaced by key injured players. 

The time to judge Levein is when he has the majority of his key players available for a sequence of games.

A manager needs to be judged on the players he has available. You can’t judge him on the players he doesn’t have available. 

Craig has failed and failed miserably with the players he has had available..

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A manager needs to be judged on the players he has available. You can’t judge him on the players he doesn’t have available. 

That sums it up for me.. totally get that with better players fit we’ll climb the table.. but we shouldn’t be this bad, set up this poorly in games, even with the players we have fit. 

15 minutes ago, Boab said:

Two thirds wanted him to stay in that poll, mate. 
The latest one was over 80% to go the last time I looked.

He got time....nearly a year and a half more as it stands !

I know, was just pointing out that time is not something we tend to give new managers before someone is shouting for their head.

Absolutely nothing to do with the situation right now of course.

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, Guffers said:

That sums it up for me.. totally get that with better players fit we’ll climb the table.. but we shouldn’t be this bad, set up this poorly in games, even with the players we have fit. 

The mark of a shit coach

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly and who even cares that we had shit teams 30 + years ago. 

I’d guess everyone who witnessed it. Hearts fans. 

You seem absolutely tumescent given your posts on this thread. Have you consulted a doctor recently. Over 4 hours is dangerous... apparently. 

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

1976-77, 1978-79 and 1980-81 were far worse years than Hearts' record after 2012.  I watched the poor sides under Hagart, Ormond and Moncur and they were far worse than what Levein is putting out now.

You don't know what you've got 'til its gone.  

Your last line is suggesting that we should appreciate what we are watching because levein isn't as bad as the three you mentioned.  So keep him here because it could be worse.  Take the three you mentioned out of the equation and tell us what it is we've got with levein in charge just now? 

34 minutes ago, Guffers said:

Spoleto, **** off son and leave the adults to chat.. you’re just trying to be an antagonistic prick as per usual. It’s not opinion or debate it’s just wind up shite.

Take your own advice "son".

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, graygo said:

So if a new manager comes in and lets say we lose 6 on the spin you don't think there would be calls for his head?

Get a grip. 

No, I don't. 

This squad is garbage , like many before it. Getting rid of Levein and the other coaches will be a great start on a rocky road to rebuild. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I try to forget those years and you go and remind me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Do you think we should keep on because he isn't as bad as Ormond etc? 

38 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

I don't get your point. 

Are you saying that because things were much worse before, we should accept the shit show that's happening just now?

No I'm not saying that. I'm saying that you need to look at things in perspective. 

Just now, annushorribilis III said:

Get a grip. 

No, I don't. 

This squad is garbage , like many before it. Getting rid of Levein and the other coaches will be a great start on a rocky road to rebuild. 

I disagree, the squad isn't shit. 

WHEN we get a fully fit squad back you will see a big difference.

Take your own advice "son".

Why should posters answer your questions when you have ignored the ones you've been asked.  You were asked by a poster to give details and what was you last hearts game.  Why did you ignore them and then expect others to respond to you? 

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I’d guess everyone who witnessed it. Hearts fans. 

You seem absolutely tumescent given your posts on this thread. Have you consulted a doctor recently. Over 4 hours is dangerous... apparently. 

Thanks for the concern. Great banter by the way. No need to think up any new patter when you’ve got all that auld stuff to fall back on. 

Edited by GinRummy

annushorribilis III
23 minutes ago, graygo said:

I know, was just pointing out that time is not something we tend to give new managers before someone is shouting for their head.

Absolutely nothing to do with the situation right now of course.

Garbage.

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Why should posters answer your questions when you have ignored the ones you've been asked.  You were asked by a poster to give details and what was you last hearts game.  Why did you ignore them and then expect others to respond to you? 

This is his MO - ask a stupid/pointless/deflecting question and ignore everything else.  

kingantti1874
42 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

our “squad” is great though, and clearly the teams who’ve pumped us don’t have any injuries at all when they rolled us over easily.. 

it boils down to this, We can’t win without Naismith, for every other position we have far more expensive options than the first picks for the other 75% of clubs in the league.. so either the rest of the squad are poor, or the manager is poor.. or more likely - a combination of both.. let’s face it, naisy does the coaching as well

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

No I'm not saying that. I'm saying that you need to look at things in perspective. 

I am, we've spent more than everyone other than the old firm and maybe Aberdeen and look at the nick of us. 

The football department is a mess and don't get me started on the injuries, something definitely isn't right there. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

perspective, your using one of the worst periods in our history as a benchmark  for this period - defeating your own point.

it would be fairer to compare levein to George burley in terms of resources. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thanks for the concern. Great banter by the way. No need to think up any new patter when you’ve got all that auld stuff to fall vacation on. 

:rofl:

You talk of patter then come out with “fall vacation”.

I wonder if your patter lead to your need in creating a new username to continue your efforts at shouting louder than others. You seem intent to simply stick to your guns with no balance in your argument. 

On topic...

we are stuck with CL until the seasons end. Hopefully we will then appoint a new manager who will take what is obviously a very good squad, add quality to it, then take us forward. This thread has run its course, IMO. 

9 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Do you think we should keep on because he isn't as bad as Ormond etc? 

I don’t think that. I think it’s time for a change but that change regardless but that change might not happen until the end of the season. 

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Garbage.

No he’s absolutely correct. You have zero interest in hearing another opinion or applying any balance. 

Football fans have  a long and full history of demanding sackings early into managerial tenures. Some warranted, others not. Nothing he said was “garbage”

10 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

It' called free will Fruity.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think that. I think it’s time for a change but that change regardless but that change might not happen until the end of the season. 

All the more reason it should be forced

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You cant think he should be here until then?  He has done nothing in the league to deserve to still be here.  

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic