Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

We get a draw against rangers with our injury crisis at it's worse but all the bad results against Ross county, Hamilton etc are down to injuries.  It doesn't add up.  Unless it was because rangers weren't that good rather than us playing well.  If it's us playing well, why can't we do it against the smaller teams?  If it's down to teams sitting back, our away form shouldn't be as bad as it is.  They can't have it both ways. 

Makes sense. I do get it will be a tricky game but no way should anybody be saying we shouldn’t expect to win. It’s Livingston ffs. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

8 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

That's 6 names, you're right there. 

They hadn't all not kicked a ballin over a year though. 

Try again.

Does hardly kicked a ball cover it? You never post on other threads discussing past victories etc.  Last away game and what's the biggest away win you've witnessed.  I'm just asking to see if it's Hearts that interests you or just arguing with your fellow hearts fans.  If you dont answer, it's the latter and I don't understand that.   

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Levein’s apologists busy this morning.

Leveins haters appear to be busier. Before a ball is even kicked.

Does hardly kicked a ball cover it? You never post on other threads discussing past victories etc.  Last away game and what's the biggest away win you've witnessed.  I'm just asking to see if it's Hearts that interests you or just arguing with your fellow hearts fans.  If you dont answer, it's the latter and I don't understand that.   

See if you stopped replying to that Loser he’d go away and you’d feel a lot better.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Leveins haters appear to be busier. Before a ball is even kicked.

we’ve been kicking a ball under Levein for two years. Keep up.

"Does hardly kicked a ball cover it" 

Eh. ....... no. 

The claim was made that half a dozen players hadn't "kicked a ball in 1 year +" before coming to Hearts.

So no my wee Fruity, it doesn't cover it at all.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Levein’s apologists busy this morning.

They’re not injured then.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

we’ve been kicking a ball under Levein for two years. Keep up.

I know. 

And despite horrendous injuries to key players we've reached two semis (so far) and a cup final. 

Well done Craig Levein.

Just now, 1874robbo said:

See if you stopped replying to that Loser he’d go away and you’d feel a lot better.

With his passionate optimism for the club, I just want to know why he only argues with hearts fans rather than discuss past victories etc.  

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

With his passionate optimism for the club, I just want to know why he only argues with hearts fans rather than discuss past victories etc.  

Bash on then but trust me you’re wasting your time.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

Maybe he’s related to green ginger.

Just now, Spoleto said:

I know. 

And despite horrendous injuries to key players we've reached two semis (so far) and a cup final. 

Well done Craig Levein.

Biggest away victory you've seen?  Or what you rather ignore things like this so you can just argue with us?  It's an easy question to answer.  

Just now, 1874robbo said:

Bash on then but trust me you’re wasting your time.

No really  England are winning at rugby and its takking my mind of the fact that they might win the tournament... 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Maybe he’s related to green ginger.

Do you think that's why he wont answer? I think it's because he'd rather argue with us than talk about past games he attended.  

27 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

That's 6 names, you're right there. 

They hadn't all not kicked a ballin over a year though. 

Try again.

I said 'barely' kicked a ball.  I appreciate the word is a bit vague and maybe a bit difficult for special people like you to understand.  In the last year White, Damour and Wighton have made appearances that can be counted on one hand.  Naismith maybe a dozen at a push.  Washington was used as a sub last season and hardly started a match.  And an injure prone Walker who was loaned out from Wigan and made just a handful appearances.  Those 6 players in total have played very few minutes of game time for professional footballers in the last year and more.  Levein knew this but signed them.  Hardly surprising they are all currently unavailable.

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

Not my view. For clarity let

me set down your view and my view on the injuries issue as you seem to struggle to understand:

HMFC86 - we’ve had a lot of injuries over the last year, they have had an impact, but they don’t justify all the poor performances and results over the period.

Wee Al - we’ve had a lot of injuries over the last year, they have had an impact, and they justify all the poor performances and results over the period.

Clear?

That's tiny HMFC86's selfish interpretation.

Mine is this

If you have your (near) best team you are entitled to expect good performances and possibly win most games

If you have several of your best players out, you must by definition put in less able players.  Less able players will normally produce worse performances and there is more likelihood of a loss/draw.

In short, the sense of entitlement is reduced.

5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I said 'barely' kicked a ball.  I appreciate the word is a bit vague and maybe a bit difficult for special people like you to understand.  In the last year White, Damour and Wighton have made appearances that can be counted on one hand.  Naismith maybe a dozen at a push.  Washington was used as a sub last season and hardly started a match.  And an injure prone Walker who was loaned out from Wigan and made just a handful appearances.  Those 6 players in total have played very few minutes of game time for professional footballers in the last year and more.  Levein knew this but signed them.  Hardly surprising they are all currently unavailable.

You must have big hands.  How many fingers do you have on each?

PS  Are you now talking about the last year or the the last year before we signrd them?  And can you be more precise re your meaning of "barely"?

Edited by JamboAl

8 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yours arguing with someone who's never been to an away game to watch hearts 

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

PS  Are you now talking about the last year or the the last year before we signrd them?  And can you be more precise re your meaning of "barely"?

How come we drew with rangers with our biggest injury list but couldn't beat lesser teams with a smaller injury list?  

Was it because rangers weren't very good?  If it was down to us playing well, why didn't we beat smaller teams?  

12 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Eh .... no. 

I'll give you "barely" but as for the rest of your post you're backtracking like a trick pony. No mention was made of first team games. As for Jamie Walker playing a "handful of games" he played 8 times for Wigan and 12 for Peterborough. Just how many fingers do you have?

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

He said before we signed them.

22 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

"for special people like you"

I'll take that as a compliment shall I?

49 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

👍 If everybody put him on ignore we would all get peace. 

8 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

How come we drew with rangers with our biggest injury list but couldn't beat lesser teams with a smaller injury list?  

Was it because rangers weren't very good?  If it was down to us playing well, why didn't we beat smaller teams?  

If you bother to read my posts I think we do better against teams who are willing to come out and play like Rangers, Hibs, Sheep and even Celtic.  It is much easier to close them down and counter attack.

We seem to do less well against teams who sit in more and hit on the break because we still do not have enough creative players fit and on the field.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

If you bother to read my posts I think we do better against teams who are willing to come out and play like Rangers, Hibs, Sheep and even Celtic.  It is much easier to close them down and counter attack.

We seem to do less well against teams who sit in more and hit on the break because we still do not have enough creative players fit and on the field.

If it's because those teams open up more, why is our away form shite as well? The smaller teams dont sit back as much when they are at home. 

annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Amen to that. 

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You cant say our away form is down to injuries when we had more players out against rangers.   

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

I know. 

Well done Craig Levein.

So we all just put up with 6th place finishes - although making top 6 this season may be viewed as success given we're sitting 10th - in order for us to get fortuitous cup draws that give us the chance to get horsed by the OF as soon as we reach the big stage. That's what we suffer under Levein . 

11 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I'll see you then fella if not before as I'm pegging it round the streets of South Edinburgh :527:.  

That could end an expensive night mate - have you ever seen how much & how quick @Enzo Chiefo can drink!??! :biggrin:

😂. I could never compete with you Nelly. I'm definitely Vauxhall Conference material🍺

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I will get you both a pint, ask the staff for Pasquale 😜.

Cheers Pasquale. I'll just shout Bruuuunnnnnnooooo across the bar and hopefully a beer will appear😁

12 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

@Morgan heh heh, p*ss off you - are you after a few free sniffers in Bennets the next time you're on these shores or something mate!?!? :laugh: 

Seriously though - thank you my good man. Has been a long old while since we've seen each other, but have known you for more years than either of us care to remember & although we may not see eye to eye on everything relating to HMFC still have a huge mutual respect for each others opinions & the fact that, no matter what, we want the best for our wonderful old club. 

It's  just a shame some others don't have that same level of gravitas. 

Cheers.

PS - actually think it was your round 1st the next time we hook up!! :biggrin2:

:lol: :thumbsup:

My round?  Feck you.

You're owe me at least 5 or 6 pints, and that’s not including the bottle I won from you the night Johnny and your good self dropped yer knickers in Bennets.

Jokes apart, glad you’re fine and, for once, I’m in total agreement with you regarding HMFC.

:fth:

56 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Exactly but some can’t see it.

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

You cant say our away form is down to injuries when we had more players out against rangers.   

Are you telling me I can't or asking me?

Any one home display doesn't disprove numerous away games.  We have won away against teams who come out or at least acquitted ourselves well.eg M'well in LC, Hibs.   I would agree there are games we maybe should have won on paper but the game isn't played on paper and there's another team on the park doing their utmost to win (or not to lose) as well.  It's not simply in our hands whether we play well/win.

Are away games down to injuries?  No one can know for certain: it is only a matter of opinion.  My opinion is that home or away we are more likely to play better and win more with our influential players in the team not sitting in the stand injured.  The rest is pure conjecture but it looks as though you're claiming your conjecture is better than mine.

51 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Eh .... no. 

I'll give you "barely" but as for the rest of your post you're backtracking like a trick pony. No mention was made of first team games. As for Jamie Walker playing a "handful of games" he played 8 times for Wigan and 12 for Peterborough. Just how many fingers do you have?

That the best you can come up with?:lol:

So Walker only made 20 appearances last season.  Thanks for that.  Quite a shocking number for a player in his mid 20's.  

3 hours ago, Spoleto said:

That's almost as if you're hoping that Hearts are beaten today.

This. It's pathetic.

3 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

They've got you mate!  I also done the stupid thing of not taking that wee plus sign into account.  They meant players that haven't kicked a ball for over a year...  I wish the had asked about the signings that haven't kicked a ball for nearly a full season.  

I know mate.  The lengths these apologists will go to try and scrutinize every bit of detail in posts they don't like is quite something.  Completely wasting my time arguing with them.  They have to be either related to Levein, a close personal friend of Levein or just a Hibs troll.

31 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Are you telling me I can't or asking me?

Any one home display doesn't disprove numerous away games.  We have won away against teams who come out or at least acquitted ourselves well.eg M'well in LC, Hibs.   I would agree there are games we maybe should have won on paper but the game isn't played on paper and there's another team on the park doing their utmost to win (or not to lose) as well.  It's not simply in our hands whether we play well/win.

Are away games down to injuries?  No one can know for certain: it is only a matter of opinion.  My opinion is that home or away we are more likely to play better and win more with our influential players in the team not sitting in the stand injured.  The rest is pure conjecture but it looks as though you're claiming your conjecture is better than mine.

Claiming nothing.  Just pointing out that teams open up a bit more when they play us at their ground and our away form should be better than it is if we are failing to break them down at home due to them sitting in.  Did st Mirren sit in a couple of weeks ago and did Livi sit in when the best put five past us?  You know I'm only asking so why the confrontational tone? 

Is this why you like leveins style of football? 

30 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I know mate.  The lengths these apologists will go to try and scrutinize every bit of detail in posts they don't like is quite something.  Completely wasting my time arguing with them.  They have to be either related to Levein, a close personal friend of Levein or just a Hibs troll.

What's the odds on one of them being a bookie? It's a joke!!  

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Claiming nothing.  Just pointing out that teams open up a bit more when they play us at their ground and our away form should be better than it is if we are failing to break them down at home due to them sitting in.  Did st Mirren sit in a couple of weeks ago and did Livi sit in when the best put five past us?  You know I'm only asking so why the confrontational tone? 

Is this why you like leveins style of football? 

Is the highlighted part your idea of non-confrontational?

Some teams do and some don't open up but my main point is that if we had these influential players available, I'd guess we would be higher up the table and this topic would have considerably fewer hits.

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Some teams do and some don't open up but my main point is that if we had these influential players available, I'd guess we would be higher up the table and this topic would have considerably fewer hits.

Sorry but the injured players excuse wore thin months ago. A good manager get the best from his players and there are other managers working on a much lower budget doing just that. Ok having good players out is not ideal, but as stated, a good manger is one winning games despite adversity.

kingantti1874

Said it a thousand times.. Gary Locke gave us better results, better football and a better all round experience  with kids, many of who are now championship or below.. 

every time someone mentions the injury excuse, give your head a wobble and remember this fact ! Locke > Levein

46 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Facts eh?

They just get in the way of a good bit of fiction don't they?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Facts eh?

Fact is we are pish, Levein is pish, and the squad he has put together is pish.. it’s also a fact that 99% of this board ignore your pish 

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you're basically saying that it's nothing else except injuries.  We just have to disagree as we never going to agree on it being down to tactics etc

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Facts eh?

Your dying for him to come back so you can keep this going.  It looks like you enjoy this more than talking about the game.  You never post on threads about anything else. Why not on threads like biggest away win etc? You ignore questions like what was your last away game, when you know they are asking you to see if you are not just at the wind up. Answering simple questions like that would prove that you aren't.  

16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Fact is we are pish, Levein is pish, and the squad he has put together is pish.. it’s also a fact that 99% of this board ignore your pish 

That few?

Nelly Terraces
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

😂. I could never compete with you Nelly. I'm definitely Vauxhall Conference material🍺

Haha, not these days old son, I'm a complete half pint harry now. Barely drink at all in fact - it's all about the running for this man - got very boring in my old age & it'd be a cheap round for Pasquale!!:biggrin2:

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I may well have but I’m happy to start you off 😜👍🏽

Cheers chief! We'll give it a double shout of Pasquaaaaaale at the bar next time we're in! I'll be the better looking one outta me & Enzo :biggrin:! Be good to put a face to a name (and the 'other' Pasquale who played for us is an all time legend, you picked a fine handle on here naming yourself after the great man👍). 

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Fact is we are pish, Levein is pish, and the squad he has put together is pish.. it’s also a fact that 99% of this board ignore your pish 

True story.:greatpost:

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic