Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

28 minutes ago, Morgan said:

This is magic!  :lol: 

Suppose it keeps Stiletto at bay.

Ooooohh kinky.

Talking of which, how's the S&M parties going down there? Still hosting?

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

• Moderators

To prevent becoming the mod that cried wolf any more accusations of other members being hibs/celtic/rangers supporters or duplicates of current or past members on this thread will result in a suspension from the forum. This covers ‘clever’ posts implying such. As stated before please report any suspicions rather than making accusations on the forum. 

Don’t say that you haven’t been warned!!

2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Here's an interesting stat on Craig Levein.

In his second spell as Hearts manager he has a +17 Goal difference. 

You have to go as far back as Valdas Ivanauskas to find a better record in the top flight.

Stats don't lie.

I think we'll all agree that is remarkable considering the severity of the injury crisis experienced to key offensive personnel such as Uche, Naismith, Washington, Walker ....

2 hours ago, afanderson33 said:

Stats which are undoubtedly not padded out by our 5-0 wins over Inverness, Cowdenbeath or our 4-0 win over a literal junior team in Auchinleck Talbot. 

You stated this was a “top flight” statistic. Why include cup results in this? That is literally misleading, which is so unlike a man of such integrity. 

Given that the league is where we make the majority of our income and prize money, and is the most important result in a season, could you provide our goal difference from those matches?

thanks. 

Again dead easy to look up. Just need to remember to discount the first 4 league game from 17/18 before Levein was appointed manager. For league games only his GD is -9 (17/18 +3, 18/19 -8, 19/20 -4).

I was also surprised by your 'best in the top flight since Ivanauskas' stat. Going back to a comparison on all competitive games it turns out that I only had to check Robbie Neilsons record for his season and a half in the top flight to find a better manager. For 15/16 and up until Neilson left in 16/17 it appears that his combined GD across all competitive games was +34. For league games only it was +31. A significantly better record than Levien for his time in the top flight.

For interest, I've just checked Cathro's stats. League only GD is -9 (so same as Levein). For all games it is -6.

Edited by Saint Jambo
Added Cathro and to correct typos.

45 minutes ago, smiler said:

Ooooohh kinky.

Talking of which, how's the S&M parties going down there? Still hosting?

Aye, they’re still going strong.

As usual, all welcome.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Gary Halliday is still on the FoH board is he not?

Yes and is an excellent compare for the plot ceremonies etc.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Again dead easy to look up. Just need to remember to discount the first 4 league game from 17/18 before Levein was appointed manager. For league games only his GD is -9 (17/18 +3, 18/19 -8, 19/20 -4).

I was also surprised by your 'best in the top flight since Ivanauskas' stat. Going back to a comparison on all competitive games it turns out that I only had to check Robbie Neilsons record for his season and a half in the top flight to find a better manager. For 15/16 and up until Neilson left in 16/17 it appears that his combined GD across all competitive games was +34. For league games only it was +31. A significantly better record than Levien for his time in the top flight.

For interest, I've just checked Cathro's stats. League only GD is -9 (so same as Levein). For all games it is -6.

Don’t tell me he’s used stats and been proved wrong AGAIN hahahaha 😆😃🤣🤪.

6 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

I'm not Spencer.  How you getting that?

A bit ironic criticising me after asking if I was a genuine hearts fan.  How many times have you accused others of just being haters? I'm happy to argue every point with him.  

You didn’t say you were not.

Cant imagine you replying. 

Peace brother.

Without stating the obvious the next 4 games will decide. 2 v Sevco and away to Livvy and St Johnstone 
if we lose all 4 there will be zero chance of him staying or being backed. Any remaining support will crack.

hopefully we do get some players back and turn this around and get some wins. Despite wanting change I want wins ASAP.

Its D-Day time coming up  

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

the next 4 games will decide his fate has been getting stated since ast season. 

I think he could loose them all and still be employed. Don’t thinks that’s right but that’s where we are.

Every time it gets to this point he pulls a result out the bag and it buys him more time. I could see us putting up a show against Rangers in the first game. That will lead to another 3 or 4 games of disappointment and we’ll be back at the start of the cycle.

We need consistency, not more false dawns. It’s a horrible feeling we all want Hearts to win but it’s hard to get excited when we do for fear we’ll be getting pumped again within the next couple of weeks. If we can put 4 strong performances together I might start to believe it’s turning I just can’t see it.

Just now, Rudy T said:

Every time it gets to this point he pulls a result out the bag and it buys him more time. I could see us putting up a show against Rangers in the first game. That will lead to another 3 or 4 games of disappointment and we’ll be back at the start of the cycle.

We need consistency, not more false dawns. It’s a horrible feeling we all want Hearts to win but it’s hard to get excited when we do for fear we’ll be getting pumped again within the next couple of weeks. If we can put 4 strong performances together I might start to believe it’s turning I just can’t see it.

Agree with every word.

4 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

You're bang on Saint. Schoolboy error on my part.

Still better than the majority of managers since Ivanauskas though, with the exception of Robbie 🙂 

Despite the horrendous injuries that CL's squad has been hit with.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t tell me he’s used stats and been proved wrong AGAIN hahahaha 😆😃🤣🤪.

There's a first time for everything.

7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

This is Hearts under Levein in a nutshell. It’ll be the same cycle of mediocrity until he goes.

Win one, draw one, lose two, rinse and repeat... 

It’s simply not acceptable for the 3rd biggest team in the Country. 

The thing that pisses me off most about Levein is that he’ll probably have us play 4-4-2 against Rangers, we’ll press them to death and may even win, then the next again week he’ll play a 5 man defence v 1 striker against a bottom 6 team. 🤦🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

There's a first time for everything.

Nothing wrong with being wrong mate.

Being wrong after changing your opinion based on shit said by others is.

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Nothing wrong with being wrong mate.

Being wrong after changing your opinion based on shit said by others is.

Cheers Vlad. Too true!

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

He's up there with the greats after reading that. 17 goals you say? 

Clough, Paisley and Stein will be pulling him up a chair in anticipation. 

When did they manage us?

21 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Cheers Vlad. Too true!

It will be interesting to see how the next few games pan out.

I few decent wins with quality players returning and who knows?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not sure if already posted, but if we're looking for an inspiring figure and an upcoming young manager who knows the Scottish game: 

Henrik Larsson failed to come to an agreement to become Southend's manager. He loved life up here.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50058716

Sounds good, outside  the box- but any team in Scotland would just be training him for Celtic. 

He'd be off to them in almost any role as soon as they flashed thier green, white and yellow pish stained knockers at him. 

He'd only go celtic with any real enthusiasm , possibly hibs for an apprenticeship. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sounds good, outside  the box- but any team in Scotland would just be training him for Celtic. 

He'd be off to them in almost any role as soon as they flashed thier green, white and yellow pish stained knockers at him. 

He'd only go celtic with any joy, possibly hibs for an apprenticeship. 

Probably. Mind you, any manager (especially a younger one) who is successful with us won't be with us very long, unless they have close ties with Hearts.

He's the type I'd like us to go for rather than a Tommy Wright or Stephen Robinson anyhow.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Probably. Mind you, any manager (especially a younger one) who is successful with us won't be with us very long, unless they have close ties with Hearts.

He's the type I'd like us to go for rather than a Tommy Wright or Stephen Robinson anyhow.

We’re not looking for a new manager. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Aye, but Henrik is a bit too close to home. 

Be like Scott brown managing us. 

🙄🙄

Agree last paragraph. 

I think your thinking is sound tbh, just struggling with it being Larrson. 

He'd even go across there as coach or am, he'd probably go as boot boy. 

Don't mind folk doing well with us and moving on but I reckon it would feel like an apprenticeship for him. 

He'd do well not to be slaughtered by not talking about celtic to the press. 

What about Gazza, what's he upto? 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

We’re not looking for a new manager. 

You should take your own advice on that one. 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Absolutely.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

He doesn’t pull it out the bag against Rangers. He scrapes a win over St Mirren or Motherwell or some such shite and inexplicably, people on here start saying ‘give him until Christmas’.

It seems to be that they’re more concerned with keeping Levein employed than they are about the club.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not sure if already posted, but if we're looking for an inspiring figure and an upcoming young manager who knows the Scottish game: 

Henrik Larsson failed to come to an agreement to become Southend's manager. He loved life up here.

Would certainly be an interesting appointment and the fact he is willing to consider a team like Southend suggests it wouldn't be out of the question that he'd be interested in a club of our size and stature. Bizarrely it sounds like it was Southend who pulled out of the deal because Tommy Johnson decided against the move as assistant/ head of recruitment. Surely they could have found someone else for that role.

I'd take him at Hearts, but agree with SRB that I'd be surprised if he was up for it. Being a Celtic 'legend' is a life long cash cow/ ego massage. I also think that some of our fans would really struggle with someone with such strong Celtic connections.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Without stating the obvious the next 4 games will decide. 2 v Sevco and away to Livvy and St Johnstone 
if we lose all 4 there will be zero chance of him staying or being backed. Any remaining support will crack.

hopefully we do get some players back and turn this around and get some wins. Despite wanting change I want wins ASAP.

Its D-Day time coming up  

Definitely, will be interesting to see who is back on Sunday for starters. 

52 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

It will be interesting to see how the next few games pan out.

I few decent wins with quality players returning and who knows?

The games against Rangers will be an indicator for me. If the players show some grit and determination and show they are willing to fight for the club and the manager then all good and well. 

With a few players coming back from injury we SHOULD see an upturn in performances and results.

Just now, Spoleto said:

The games against Rangers will be an indicator for me. If the players show some grit and determination and show they are willing to fight for the club and the manager then all good and well. 

With a few players coming back from injury we SHOULD see an upturn in performances and results.

Agreed and if they don’t then I think Ann will act quickly.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Would certainly be an interesting appointment and the fact he is willing to consider a team like Southend suggests it wouldn't be out of the question that he'd be interested in a club of our size and stature. Bizarrely it sounds like it was Southend who pulled out of the deal because Tommy Johnson decided against the move as assistant/ head of recruitment. Surely they could have found someone else for that role.

I'd take him at Hearts, but agree with SRB that I'd be surprised if he was up for it. Being a Celtic 'legend' is a life long cash cow/ ego massage. I also think that some of our fans would really struggle with someone with such strong Celtic connections.

It’s a good shout but yeah it would just be training for him taking over from Lennon, which might happen soon enough anyway. He was taking Mjalby with him too and obviously Johnson as DoF, three would be too much. It shows there are guys out there that are of a suitable quality, no matter what some would have you believe.

54 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not sure I fancy him after reading about his managerial career. 

He would be a risky appointment when fans are already on edge. If he had a poor start how long would he be given before he was turned on?

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a good shout but yeah it would just be training for him taking over from Lennon, which might happen soon enough anyway. He was taking Mjalby with him too and obviously Johnson as DoF, three would be too much. It shows there are guys out there that are of a suitable quality, no matter what some would have you believe.

Really? What would you list as Larssons qualities as a manager?

I wouldn’t have Larsson.

If Levein goes it has to be someone to really excite the fans.

We have been through enough.

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

I wouldn’t have Larsson.

If Levein goes it has to be someone to really excite the fans.

We have been through enough.

Don't think Larsson would be a good appt. tbh. 

Don't think he has the man management skills required for a start. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

It would certainly please a few on here. 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Steady, FH. A thread ban warning has been issued for suggesting there are non Hearts fans posting on it. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, martoon said:

Steady, FH. A thread ban warning has been issued for suggesting there are non Hearts fans posting on it. 

It would please me getting a legend managing Hearts. 😇

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Not sure I fancy him after reading about his managerial career. 

He would be a risky appointment when fans are already on edge. If he had a poor start how long would he be given before he was turned on?

Well that applies to anyone. Said before if some Hearts fans weren’t happy with Neilson they’re unlikey to be happy with anyone or give someone who might turn out to be decent enough time to get up to speed, eg a Naismith.

Doesn’t change the fact we will need a new manager by next summer at the latest.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well that applies to anyone. Said before if some Hearts fans weren’t happy with Neilson they’re unlikey to be happy with anyone or give someone who might turn out to be decent enough time to get up to speed, eg a Naismith.

Doesn’t change the fact we will need a new manager by next summer at the latest.

Agreed Toque - but he just looks like too risky an option to me.

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Are you saying someone who played for Celtic can’t do well at Hearts? Don’t tell John Colquhoun.

Christ you’re not one of these

folk who adds “h”s to peoples names are you!

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Are you saying someone who played for Celtic can’t do well at Hearts? Don’t tell John Colquhoun.

Christ you’re not one of these

folk who adds “h”s to peoples names are you!

Aye, because players and managers are the exact same thing. 🙄

No idea what the second part of your post means. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic