Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

There are ways of doing things wavy. Even if you were right and we'd be better off without him I still wouldn't entertain acts that negatively affect the club and the players.

Perhaps that's just me ,,,,, but I think not.

The most negative thing at our club is Craig Levein.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Glad you agree and yes I do take responsibility.

i see worse on here every day 

Agreed. 

49 minutes ago, martoon said:

Thanks for the tip. Quite enjoyed reading an outside view of some of the posters on here and their possible motivations. 

I wouldn't believe everything you read on here, there's a fair bit of paranoia going on.

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

According to talk hearts he is a club plant 🤣🤣🤣

I wouldn't believe most of what is put up on JBK and even less on talk hearts.

I have visions of you sitting with a tin foil hat on reading a book about the moon landing being a conspiracy.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

I wouldn't believe most of what is put up on JBK and even less on talk hearts.

I have visions of you sitting with a tin foil hat on reading a book about the moon landing being a conspiracy.

Cool story mate.👍

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

And I would say that the most negative thing at our Club is the injury list. 

3 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

He definitely ain’t a hearts fan that’s for sure.

as another poster said(Ron) throughout good and great times we’ve had following our team over the last 10 years he’s failed to post!! Now you think he’d post about pumping Hibs in a final and getting a CVA agreed and the club being saved.

then the foundation success but no posts.

But whilst we are at a very low point and a good number want shot of our manager(a manager Hibs fans love and are desperate to see us keep) he comes on telling us all how we should support our club.

Every post responded to except this one, hmmmn 🤔

6 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

Every post responded to except this one, hmmmn 🤔

Hmmmm 🤔

57 posts in 13 years.

Hmmmm 🤔

This is a weird game. I'm really not sure what the point of it is.

An inspired international call up and half time substitution from Steve Clarke. 

Was that the same Shankland that everybody was criticising Levein for not signing?

All roads lead to Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Might be in with a chance of getting Steve Clarke soon

The Scotland job is a graveyard for managers, look at Craig Levein since he left that post, totally useless.

Clarke will probably follow the same pattern...

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Was that the same Shankland that everybody was criticising Levein for not signing?

I’m sure he’d find it easier scoring goals against St Mirren, Hamilton, Hibs, etc than playing for a shite Scotland team against a team that got the World Cup QF.

Not really sure what point you’re trying to make - best sticking to banging on about injuries and sticking up for a failure of a manager.

25 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Would you take levein as manager before Clarke?

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m sure he’d find it easier scoring goals against St Mirren, Hamilton, Hibs, etc than playing for a shite Scotland team against a team that got the World Cup QF.

Not really sure what point you’re trying to make - best sticking to banging on about injuries and sticking up for a failure of a manager.

Well done - you almost got there. 

Now if you just change your first paragraph to read "I'm sure he'd find it easier scoring goals against Dunfermline, Partick Thistle etc. than he would in the Premiership against Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen."  and you might get my drift.

8 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Would you take levein as manager before Clarke?

That's a tricky one. 

I would probably opt for Clarke, he did do a remarkable job at Killie. 

The downside is that he is 56. I would hope that our next manager would have a few years less on the clock.

In saying that he's not covering himself in glory so far with Scotland is he? 

Leveins record for Scotland wasn't actually bad but he will always carry the stigma of the game against Czechoslovakia

Edited by Spoleto
Added info.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Well done - you almost got there. 

Now if you just change your first paragraph to read "I'm sure he'd find it easier scoring goals against Dunfermline, Partick Thistle etc. than he would in the Premiership against Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen."  and you might get my drift.

Nah, your comparison is still ridiculous if you’re suggesting he wouldn’t score against Rangers, Celtic Aberdeen because he didn’t score in 45 minutes against Russia, a far superior team to any of these 3.  

And of course he’d find it easier to score against Championship teams than these 3 - most strikers would of course, except ours who can’t score against lower league teams either.

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Nah, your comparison is still ridiculous if you’re suggesting he wouldn’t score against Rangers, Celtic Aberdeen because he didn’t score in 45 minutes against Russia, a far superior team to any of these 3.  

And of course he’d find it easier to score against Championship teams than these 3 - most strikers would of course, except ours who can’t score against lower league teams either.

My comparison is spot on. 

As for the conclusion? We'll just have to agree to differ won't we?

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

That's a tricky one. 

The downside is that he is 56. I would hope that our next manager would have a few years less on the clock.

56 isn’t too old for a manager. Only a couple of years older than Levein and Neil Warnock got Cardiff promoted to the Premier League at 68 which was a fantastic achievement.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

56 isn’t too old for a manager. Only a couple of years older than Levein and Neil Warnock got Cardiff promoted to the Premier League at 68 which was a fantastic achievement.

You say that, but a lot of the criticism that has been levelled at CL was that he is a dinosaur - and he's two years younger than Clarke!

Good point about Warnock though - but perhaps he's the exception. Warnock always seemed to come over well when interviewed on the TV.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

My comparison is spot on. 

As for the conclusion? We'll just have to agree to differ won't we?

So because a striker failed to score against one of the top international teams, he wouldn’t manage to score against Celtic, Rangers, or Aberdeen?  Is that what you’re saying?  John McGinn didn’t manage to score either tonight but I seem to remember him scoring a few goals against Celtic.  

Have any conversations taken place between Levein & the board in relation to the nonsense we are being subjected to on a weekly basis?

17 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Have any conversations taken place between Levein & the board in relation to the nonsense we are being subjected to on a weekly basis?

Do you mean the nonsense that is spouted by Spoleto?

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So because a striker failed to score against one of the top international teams, he wouldn’t manage to score against Celtic, Rangers, or Aberdeen?  Is that what you’re saying?  John McGinn didn’t manage to score either tonight but I seem to remember him scoring a few goals against Celtic.  

Shankland is a 24 year old striker and hasn't scored a top flight goal. 

He may do well in the top league he may not, but they way it's being used against us and CL for not signing him is ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

I wouldn't believe everything you read on here, there's a fair bit of paranoia going on.

It's justifiable suspicion, rather than paranoia.

Not all, but many, of the pro Levein posters on here fly in the face of logic and quite a few, yourself included, simply do not express themselves to fellow Hearts supporters in the manner I'd expect. The gleeful contempt of the discontent and sadness of others about our current malaise is astonishing. 

If people post like they hate Hearts supporters and view them with such disdain, it's easy, for some, to draw the conclusion that you're either someone close to the owner/head coach or, worse, a scuttling Hibby with too much time on his hands and no more emails to send. 

Not necessarily suggesting you're either but I reserve the right to suspect you may be. 

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He may do well in the top league he may not, but they way it's being used against us and CL for not signing him is ridiculous. 

As ridiculous as using a failure to score away to Russia as justification for not signing him? !  I wish we’d taken a chance on him, I’m sure many other fans of other SPL clubs feel the same.  Not the biggest stick CL should be getting beaten with, I agree.  Shankland will be in the SPL next season so we’ll soon see.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Spoleto said:

The last 12 months hen we've had horrendous injuries?

When? Grammar Police with higher than average intelligence makes a spelling mistake 😃.

We have had horrendous injuries since he took over, higher than average. Rushing players back, playing them when injured and signing injury prone crocks doesn’t help does it? As I’ve said a thousand times it’s Naismith he can’t cope without, the wee man scores all the goals and coaches the team on the pitch. Levein and his coaching staff have been unable to change anything to cope without Naismith, they’ve admitted it ffs. Apologies for calling you Craig the other, sorry Ann 😜.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

:rofl:

That was harsh but everything else I typed had ##### that in it 😜

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Do you seriously think that all those fans that want rid of Craig Levein don't support the Team and The Club?

This is the exact reason why they want rid of him because he is bringing the club we all love down and AB and people like you don't see it.

He has had plenty time to show what he can do and it just isn't working. So it;s time to live in the real world now Spoleto.

Great post 

1 hour ago, SectionN said:

Yes wage rises and 3 year deals for him and his team as is doing a very good job apparently.

10 minutes ago, Mort said:

Yes wage rises and 3 year deals for him and his team as is doing a very good job apparently.

I think you made that up.  😎

Club plants😂😂😂😂😂😂......away and don't be daft......nobody is a club plant.........

Oh and regarding @SectionN. ...aye there has been conversations.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Spoleto said:

That's a tricky one. 

In saying that he's not covering himself in glory so far with Scotland is he? 

Leveins record for Scotland wasn't actually bad but he will always carry the stigma of the game against Czechoslovakia

Sorry to be a pedant but it was the Czech Republic , it became that in 1993 ,nearly 20 years before Levein as usual thought he was more clever than everyone else. Are you related?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Ain’t that the truth 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I saw him score against a top league side a few months back, had two chances and scored one. Washington, Uche and Walker had about 6 between them and missed them all 🤷🏾‍♂️?

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Spoleto said:

You say that, but a lot of the criticism that has been levelled at CL was that he is a dinosaur - and he's two years younger than Clarke!

Good point about Warnock though - but perhaps he's the exception. Warnock always seemed to come over well when interviewed on the TV.

You can be an old manager and not be a dinosaur, Pellegrini for instance is not a dinosaur. Levein is stuck in a bygone era, football has moved on.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Leveins Battalion
6 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Club plants😂😂😂😂😂😂......away and don't be daft......nobody is a club plant.........

Notts is ITK,conversations have taken place 🤣🤣🤣 Exclusive.

6 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Sounds like something a club plant would say....

::troll::

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I saw him score against a top league side a few months back, had two chances and scored one. Washington, Uche and Walker had about 6 between them and missed them all 🤷🏾‍♂️?

Because that's what I said?

Lets sign every player that scores a goal v us, let's sign the east Fife  lad too. 

This place is bat shit mental. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

As ridiculous as using a failure to score away to Russia as justification for not signing him? !  I wish we’d taken a chance on him, I’m sure many other fans of other SPL clubs feel the same.  Not the biggest stick CL should be getting beaten with, I agree.  Shankland will be in the SPL next season so we’ll soon see.

Did he want to come to us?

36 minutes ago, Coco said:

Doesn't seem to be much involvement for Neilson in Levein bringing in Swanson to Hearts ...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/leiths-danny-swanson-reflects-his-time-hearts-and-hibs-he-looks-ahead-life-after-football-699951

Robbie himself has said he had the final say on all transfers. 

If he didn't want Swanson, Swanson wouldn't have come to Hearts 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Because that's what I said?

Lets sign every player that scores a goal v us, let's sign the east Fife  lad too. 

This place is bat shit mental. 

If you meet someone who's batshit mental, they're probably batshit mental.

If everyone you meet is batshit mental...

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

:levein_interesting:

:laugh2:

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Eh? 

Here's a scenario for you all. 

Scotland are sitting on 1 win and 4 defeats in a qualifying campaign.

Scotland are sitting behind Cyprus and Kazakhstan in the table.

Scotland have scored 5 and conceded 17 sitting with a GD of -12.

Now imagine CL is the manager instead of Steve Clarke. 

What do you think the reaction would be?

11 hours ago, martoon said:

It's justifiable suspicion, rather than paranoia.

Not all, but many, of the pro Levein posters on here fly in the face of logic and quite a few, yourself included, simply do not express themselves to fellow Hearts supporters in the manner I'd expect. The gleeful contempt of the discontent and sadness of others about our current malaise is astonishing. 

If people post like they hate Hearts supporters and view them with such disdain, it's easy, for some, to draw the conclusion that you're either someone close to the owner/head coach or, worse, a scuttling Hibby with too much time on his hands and no more emails to send. 

Not necessarily suggesting you're either but I reserve the right to suspect you may be. 

Jeez are you for real. 

I think you'll find that the majority of the hate speech, vitriol and disdain is coming from the Levein and Budge haters. Christ, just in the last couple of days on here CL has been referred to as a cancer, it has been suggested that physical violence is appropriate and that they are killing the club.

And you wonder why some people might take offence at that kind of behaviour?

And then you have those same "supporters" who are purported to love the club thinking up various ways of hurting the club and disrupting the team?

I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

Edited by Spoleto
missing info

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic