Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Finlay James
2 minutes ago, Scousejambo said:

CL will go when he wants to, it’s a closed shop, me personally would never let him over the forth ever again let alone @  Tynie , I’d give Andy Kirk the job for the final but he won’t walk and is even less likely to get the sack, our club is a micro North Korea, anyone who speaks against CL or budge is out the door, look at the players who have gone who would walk into that team, I think CL has also been receiving bungs for some of these signings and not just this season, 2 years ago we couldn’t even beat a Maltese team of plumbers and waiters , hmmm ,strange goings on. This was all planned he knew nobody in their right mind would be the manager under him as DOF so self appointed. The only chance we have is if he decides to go upstairs and gives the job naisy, he at least would be able to attract some decent players he would probably get some decent heads like Charlie Adam and Darren fletcher in, get Craig Gordon back, lee Wallace, Holt, Walker, but clutching at straws , in an ideal world I’d have the 2 brothers who are at Lincoln city and CL and his bird would be out , reality is this will go on until the foundation take over and the people on the board need to be a mix of ex hearts players proper hearts men like McKay, crabbe, Locke, Preston, Robertson, JJ , that’s the definition of a hearts man, not a fifer who only stayed because he got injured ,btw he was off to Liverpool before the first injury, and if we’re being brutal let’s blame him for 86 as he spread the flu through the team, along with Henry ****ing drop the ball smith.

Ooft I get that the wee team are a basket case and 5-1 hurts like **** but that is a belter of a post ??

By the way, have you ever heard of punctuation?

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:cornette:

There's a regular in The Shed who possesses tinfoil. I suggest you consult him to make a hat.

But what a first post ??

SpruceBringsteen
7 minutes ago, Scousejambo said:

CL will go when he wants to, it’s a closed shop, me personally would never let him over the forth ever again let alone @  Tynie , I’d give Andy Kirk the job for the final but he won’t walk and is even less likely to get the sack, our club is a micro North Korea, anyone who speaks against CL or budge is out the door, look at the players who have gone who would walk into that team, I think CL has also been receiving bungs for some of these signings and not just this season, 2 years ago we couldn’t even beat a Maltese team of plumbers and waiters , hmmm ,strange goings on. This was all planned he knew nobody in their right mind would be the manager under him as DOF so self appointed. The only chance we have is if he decides to go upstairs and gives the job naisy, he at least would be able to attract some decent players he would probably get some decent heads like Charlie Adam and Darren fletcher in, get Craig Gordon back, lee Wallace, Holt, Walker, but clutching at straws , in an ideal world I’d have the 2 brothers who are at Lincoln city and CL and his bird would be out , reality is this will go on until the foundation take over and the people on the board need to be a mix of ex hearts players proper hearts men like McKay, crabbe, Locke, Preston, Robertson, JJ , that’s the definition of a hearts man, not a fifer who only stayed because he got injured ,btw he was off to Liverpool before the first injury, and if we’re being brutal let’s blame him for 86 as he spread the flu through the team, along with awful goalkeeping by Henry ****ing drop the ball smith.

Between this and the drunk simpleton on the "please let us sing about poofs and *******" thread, it's high time there was some sort of literacy test applied before being allowed to post on here, if not an IQ one.

6 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Ooft I get that the wee team are a basket case and 5-1 hurts like **** but that is a belter of a post ??

By the way, have you ever heard of punctuation?

Was thinking more scouse was a subtle way of saying they enjoy a bit of powder n think they are hard ? unbelievable post. Mckay , Preston and Crabbe 

Nevermind the bung part ?

Edited by sadj

Finlay James
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was thinking more scouse was a subtle way of saying they enjoy a bit of powder n think they are hard ? unbelievable post. Mckay , Preston and Crabbe 

Nevermind the bung part ?

JKB is infested.  The bung bit was my favourite part ?

soonbe110
9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Levein and his Bootroom have turned Tynecastle into a Morgue.

A place where Hearts fans go to watch the demise of a once great team who won the Championship in a canter and were full of ambition to take on the best in Scotland alas this was not to be as Neilson got fed up and left, Cathro failed miserably followed by Levein who has carried on the demise of our team and pig headed attitude that Nero had as Rome burned.

If Levein loved Hearts so much he would leave taking his pals with him.

Unfortunately we are all in Ann Budges hands because she has all the power to remedy the situation but stays quiet on the whole sorry mess Levein has been responsible for creating.

Sorry but I missed the period when we were a ‘great’ team.  Strange because I have only missed four games at tynie in last five years. 

In all probability Nielsen got fed up because of guys like you and the plane brigade.  The I warned you at the time to be careful what you wish for. Similar advice offered now. . 

soonbe110
9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I see Queen of the South have just sacked Gary Naysmith, even though they still have the relegation play offs to go.  Obviously they feel they have a better chance of staying up with a new manager.  Are you watching Ann?

Next u18; u20 coach 

soonbe110
7 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If he loves the club that much he should do the honourable thing and resign.

Have you ever known  a manager to resign less than three weeks before national cup final.

Have you ever known a club to sack a manager immediately before or immediately  after winning a national cup? 

soonbe110
7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We all love the club but that isn't a good reason to employ someone who is out of their depth and can't put a team together that not only plays as a unit to the players strengthens but is an attractive attacking team that gets the fans proud so they get behind the team vocally.

Mitch, I think you are out of your depth posting on here. Others disagree, hence you are allowed to continue. If you win the poster cup this month I’ll salute you. 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Scousejambo said:

CL will go when he wants to, it’s a closed shop, me personally would never let him over the forth ever again let alone @  Tynie , I’d give Andy Kirk the job for the final but he won’t walk and is even less likely to get the sack, our club is a micro North Korea, anyone who speaks against CL or budge is out the door, look at the players who have gone who would walk into that team, I think CL has also been receiving bungs for some of these signings and not just this season, 2 years ago we couldn’t even beat a Maltese team of plumbers and waiters , hmmm ,strange goings on. This was all planned he knew nobody in their right mind would be the manager under him as DOF so self appointed. The only chance we have is if he decides to go upstairs and gives the job naisy, he at least would be able to attract some decent players he would probably get some decent heads like Charlie Adam and Darren fletcher in, get Craig Gordon back, lee Wallace, Holt, Walker, but clutching at straws , in an ideal world I’d have the 2 brothers who are at Lincoln city and CL and his bird would be out , reality is this will go on until the foundation take over and the people on the board need to be a mix of ex hearts players proper hearts men like McKay, crabbe, Locke, Preston, Robertson, JJ , that’s the definition of a hearts man, not a fifer who only stayed because he got injured ,btw he was off to Liverpool before the first injury, and if we’re being brutal let’s blame him for 86 as he spread the flu through the team, along with awful goalkeeping by Henry ****ing drop the ball smith.

Belter of a first post. Excellent grammar for someone from the east of Edinburgh 

Enzo Chiefo
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Have you ever known  a manager to resign less than three weeks before national cup final.

Have you ever known a club to sack a manager immediately before or immediately  after winning a national cup? 

Paulo Sergio was constructively dismissed after the 5-1 final in 2012. 

JamboGraham
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I thought he rejected the contract terms that Hearts offered him...was there something else to it? To be honest didn’t pay much attention at the time, was blootered pretty much that whole summer!!!

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just now, JamboGraham said:

I thought he rejected the contract terms that Hearts offered him...was there something else to it? To be honest didn’t pay much attention at the time, was blootered pretty much that whole summer!!!

He did!

13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Thats a stretch mate. We knew there was no way we could pay monies that we had and cost cutting was happening big time. We were never going to keep him

Enzo Chiefo
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats a stretch mate. We knew there was no way we could pay monies that we had and cost cutting was happening big time. We were never going to keep him

I just meant that he was out of contract and was offered another on about half the money. I take your point though Sadj, he was outwith our budget, given the state of the finances at that time.

Enzo Chiefo
24 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Yes, he did Graham. An offer that was easy to refuse.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I can’t think of any manager sacked or resigned two weeks before a cup final. ??‍♂️

There is a first time for everything but then I am clutching at straws and living in hope rather than expectation.

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I just meant that he was out of contract and was offered another on about half the money. I take your point though Sadj, he was outwith our budget, given the state of the finances at that time.

Sorry Enzo... Yeah he was out of contract and i get where you are coming from as he had no choice but to reject the deal. It was down to our finances though

1971fozzy

Clarke has done amazing at Kilmarnock. Look what we have in comparison. With the funds available to Levein it’s absolutely scandalous.

shows what a dinosaur and inept manager and coaching team we have. we should be recruiting someone of Clarke’s ilk.

makes me so sad and angry looking at what we are reluctantly accepting, and I simply don’t understand why some back him.

ive always backed Budge and been grateful, but I’m beginning to change. Her reluctance to act on this farce is extremely worrying and dangerous going forward

lets not forget Levein also sanctioned the ridiculous lengthy contracts offered to the likes of Sammon and Martin.

hes so out his depth it’s scary

Edited by 1971fozzy

JamboGraham
9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It is legally a dismissal as the contract ended but constructive dismissal is different, even more so in a fixed term employment contract.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Never - but if Levein was sacked I actually do not think it would prejudice our chances of beating Celtic one bit!

Edited by Thomaso

georgiehearts66

Beyond the pleasure it must provide some posters to vent against CL and AB, surely some commonsense, must prevail. A simple scan of any CL linked  thread, shows the same posters, with multiple posts, keeping the threads alive.

Anecdotal, contributors in pubs and acquaintances do not a majority consensus make. At least not one that will influence the board. They will not be extremely pleased as to the overall performance of the team. However, they will not move to replace, the manager añd the coaching structures because a part of the support, feels badly served.

I am sure that nearly every team have threads in their social media, seeking a change in the manager and set up. They too will be full of over the top hyperbolic posts. 

I am sure that the board is fully aware of the current dissatisfaction within the support. However, I am equally sure that they are pragmatic enough, to understand that enough of their expectations will have been met, especially two semi finals and a final which...could still lead to European football... as well as an increase in next season budget, derived thereof.

They are not about to break manager and coaching staff contracts or dismantle their coaching structures/philosophy, when they're fully aware of the impact and challenges that injuries and a few bad refereeing decisions have caused. The core inevitably will be augmented from time to time, by a few hundred others, frustrated by a performance and/or a result, but so is modern life. 

This thread, as others in the forum are emotional. Exactly what you would expect in our current times. Simply put, the happy clappers are no less disappointed or indeed less critical. They do however expect their criticism to be addressed more logically. A good performance at Hampden, even a possible win, plus a few good signings will see a positive response. Even a defeat, will be tempered in time, as the new campaign approaches.

Those two hundred or so, that make up the core anti "everything" brigade, I would suggest need to step back a bit, otherwise you will be isolated even further next season.

You will achieve your desire to see the back of CL at the end of next season. Perhaps!

AB I believe will be overwhelmingly supported to retain her chair.

Some players will kick on next season and add to a decent squad. The fascinating aspect of supporting a team is that it's football and everything is possible. Except I would suggest those seeking the structural changes posted in various threads. You have every right to continue your repetitive rants. This is fans forum after all. Your influence is that of a vocal minority. No less. No more!

Perhaps, an honourable ceasefire until the end of the season, could be implemented. As stated above, I am quite confident, that the subjects of your ire are not going anywhere. Equally, I am confident that enough was shown at the beginning of the season, that leads me to believe, that we shall kick on in our next.

1 minute ago, georgiehearts66 said:

Beyond the pleasure it must provide some posters to vent against CL and AB, surely some commonsense, must prevail. A simple scan of any CL linked  thread, shows the same posters, with multiple posts, keeping the threads alive.

Anecdotal, contributors in pubs and acquaintances do not a majority consensus make. At least not one that will influence the board. They will not be extremely pleased as to the overall performance of the team. However, they will not move to replace, the manager añd the coaching structures because a part of the support, feels badly served.

I am sure that nearly every team have threads in their social media, seeking a change in the manager and set up. They too will be full of over the top hyperbolic posts. 

I am sure that the board is fully aware of the current dissatisfaction within the support. However, I am equally sure that they are pragmatic enough, to understand that enough of their expectations will have been met, especially two semi finals and a final which...could still lead to European football... as well as an increase in next season budget, derived thereof.

They are not about to break manager and coaching staff contracts or dismantle their coaching structures/philosophy, when they're fully aware of the impact and challenges that injuries and a few bad refereeing decisions have caused. The core inevitably will be augmented from time to time, by a few hundred others, frustrated by a performance and/or a result, but so is modern life. 

This thread, as others in the forum are emotional. Exactly what you would expect in our current times. Simply put, the happy clappers are no less disappointed or indeed less critical. They do however expect their criticism to be addressed more logically. A good performance at Hampden, even a possible win, plus a few good signings will see a positive response. Even a defeat, will be tempered in time, as the new campaign approaches.

Those two hundred or so, that make up the core anti "everything" brigade, I would suggest need to step back a bit, otherwise you will be isolated even further next season.

You will achieve your desire to see the back of CL at the end of next season. Perhaps!

Some players will kick on next season and add to a decent squad. The fascinating aspect of supporting a team is that it's football and everything is possible. Except I would suggest those seeking the structural changes posted in various threads. You have every right to continue your repetitive rants. This is fans forum after all. Your influence is that of a vocal minority. No less. No more!

Perhaps, an honourable ceasefire until the end of the season, could be implemented. As stated above, I am quite confident, that the subjects of your ire are not going anywhere. Equally, I am confident that enough was shown at the beginning of the season, that leads me to believe, that we shall kick on in our next.

If you think it’s only  “two hundred” Hearts fans that are pig sick of Levein’s brand of negative football then frankly you are living in cloud cuckoo land!

As for the “vocal minority” don’t ignore the thousands of Hearts fans that walked out early yesterday suffering in silence at the current state of our football team!

2 minutes ago, georgiehearts66 said:

The obvious question to ask here is do you watch the team every week? Even if you were only there yesterday you would undoubtedly realise that most people want to see a change. For many people it's been an uncomfortable journey to get to that conclusion but that is the case, to describe it as a vocal minority is frankly disrespectful of fans who know what they are watching. 

Danny Blanchflower said the game "is about glory. It is about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom". Winning things is fantastic but very often those precious moments when the team really turns it on, preferably against the vermin or the old firm, is what keeps you coming back. That hasn't happened for a long time and in the end it starts to impact on people attending. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Mitch, I think you are out of your depth posting on here. Others disagree, hence you are allowed to continue. If you win the poster cup this month I’ll salute you. 

Poster of all time that’s me but please don’t salute me just worship my knowledge of the game.

shaun.lawson
21 minutes ago, georgiehearts66 said:

I'm the last person on Earth who should be typing this - but "Location: afloat in Caribbean"? If you're not watching Hearts regularly, how can you possibly know how the support feel? 

Results and performances under Levein are both totally unacceptable. After so much recruitment, being completely dependent on one player - so falling to pieces whenever he's injured - is totally unacceptable. 26 points from our last 26 games is totally unacceptable (in fact, it's disgraceful).

1.37 pts/game since Levein took the job is totally unacceptable (anything below 1.5 pts/game is). Finishing below Hibs two years in succession, as is highly likely now, is totally unacceptable. And the 'football' (sic) we 'play' (sic) is totally unacceptable. 

He has to stand down in the summer. We have to move on, with a new manager, new coaching staff, new people in charge of recruitment and new players. Because ultimately, it's not about being well run off the park; it's not about nepotism and 'good Hearts men' either. It's about performances and results on the pitch. Period. 

georgiehearts66

The two hundred core refers to posters in CL out threads on the forum. The frustration felt by supporters at a match is different. You use this event to justify support that they want CL gone. No, they want to see Hearts more consistently successful and competitive. Everyone agrees with that statement.

The disagreement, is whether a change of management and the dismantling of the coaching structures is the best way forward. I believe the majority view that negatively. A few good signings and depth in key positions, will be expected and preferred. They also believe that a great deal of the current seasons difficulty, was caused by an unfortunate injury list. That doesn't mean that everyone gets a pass. It does however, allow them to temper their critical analysis, with a certain reality.

Why are there fans on here that want to continue seeing us struggle through a season with the grand prize being to finish 6 out of top 6 teams in a 12 team league? 

5 minutes ago, georgiehearts66 said:

The two hundred core refers to posters in CL out threads on the forum. The frustration felt by supporters at a match is different. You use this event to justify support that they want CL gone. No, they want to see Hearts more consistently successful and competitive. Everyone agrees with that statement.

The disagreement, is whether a change of management and the dismantling of the coaching structures is the best way forward. I believe the majority view that negatively. A few good signings and depth in key positions, will be expected and preferred. They also believe that a great deal of the current seasons difficulty, was caused by an unfortunate injury list. That doesn't mean that everyone gets a pass. It does however, allow them to temper their critical analysis, with a certain reality.

With the greatest respect how are you assessing the feelings of the Hearts support if you don’t actually go along to games???

You are entitled to express your opinion however if that is solely based on reading JKB and other social media than you are hardly best informed.

siegementality
41 minutes ago, georgiehearts66 said:

Failing to sell out a derby, cup final tickets still available and - according to rumour - less than 6k season tickets being sold might make all your post complete bollocks. Albeit it is bollocks written in the finest English.

6 minutes ago, georgiehearts66 said:

Unless you are watching the team regularly, and I obviously include Hearts fans abroad who subscribe to Hearts TV, then you are really not in a position to comprehend the current situation. The frustration has built up over months and anybody watching the team can visibly see the coaching issues not being addressed. 

Even if you haven't watched the team regularly you have no doubt noted the sheer volume of transfers, many of them of questionable quality. At some point, when a number of key areas are failing then change is required. 

georgiehearts66
28 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If you think it’s only  “two hundred” Hearts fans that are pig sick of Levein’s brand of negative football then frankly you are living in cloud cuckoo land!

As for the “vocal minority” don’t ignore the thousands of Hearts fans that walked out early yesterday suffering in silence at the current state of our foo

8 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I'm the last person on Earth who should be typing this - but "Location: afloat in Caribbean"? If you're not watching Hearts regularly, how can you possibly know how the support feel? 

Results and performances under Levein are both totally unacceptable. After so much recruitment, being completely dependent on one player - so falling to pieces whenever he's injured - is totally unacceptable. 26 points from our last 26 games is totally unacceptable (in fact, it's disgraceful).

1.37 pts/game since Levein took the job is totally unacceptable (anything below 1.5 pts/game is). Finishing below Hibs two years in succession, as is highly likely now, is totally unacceptable. And the 'football' (sic) we 'play' (sic) is totally unacceptable. 

He has to stand down in the summer. We have to move on, with a new manager, new coaching staff, new people in charge of recruitment and new players. Because ultimately, it's not about being well run off the park; it's not about nepotism and 'good Hearts men' either. It's about performances and results on the pitch. Period. 

This season the streams have been excellent . Fundamentally, we seek the same outcome. We disagree on how we achieve it.

1 minute ago, georgiehearts66 said:

This season the streams have been excellent . Fundamentally, we seek the same outcome. We disagree on how we achieve it.

Do you subscribe to Hearts TV? 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But that's not constructive dismissal.  

siegementality
2 minutes ago, georgiehearts66 said:

Are you afloat in the Caribbean in a boat named The Queen of Hearts per chance?

georgiehearts66

No. I did last year occasionally, but found it poor. This year the streams have been excellent

georgiehearts66
Just now, siegementality said:

Are you afloat in the Caribbean in a boat named The Queen of Hearts per chance?

No on a ketch that was named after a seabird 

1 hour ago, georgiehearts66 said:

What my brain thinks but doesn’t have the intelligence to put into words lol

we do have a squad that are capable, ok minus one or 2 that I’m not going to go into detail about but not with Mr CL in charge. I just wonder what Mr S Clarke could do with us, I do not think for a minute that he is a future Scotland manager he is a 24/7 kind o guy. Would there be any harm in approaching him??

georgiehearts66
26 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Unless you are watching the team regularly, and I obviously include Hearts fans abroad who subscribe to Hearts TV, then you are really not in a position to comprehend the current situation. The frustration has built up over months and anybody watching the team can visibly see the coaching issues not being addressed. 

Even if you haven't watched the team regularly you have no doubt noted the sheer volume of transfers, many of them of questionable quality. At some point, when a number of key areas are failing then change is required. 

Streams have been excellent and numerous. A larger budget this year should see some interesting additions.

I thought Levein made it crystal clear when he made his crack about not liking Spain that he is going nowhere.  I presume he could still be sacked but under AB I think that is extremely unlikely.

If I'm right and if he does have a much improved budget in the summer, can he use it wisely and give us a team to get excited about.

I am highly sceptical but hopeful.

Halkett looks like being a great start though.

qferryjam
37 minutes ago, jambogee said:

What my brain thinks but doesn’t have the intelligence to put into words lol

we do have a squad that are capable, ok minus one or 2 that I’m not going to go into detail about but not with Mr CL in charge. I just wonder what Mr S Clarke could do with us, I do not think for a minute that he is a future Scotland manager he is a 24/7 kind o guy. Would there be any harm in approaching him??

I can see why some are putting forward Clarke as a replacement and he doesn’t seem to fear the OF which is a massive positive . Your point about 24/7 manager is missing in a lot of the conversation as CL is literally a part time manager and I think it has impacted on the team . He was 100% in charge  during pre season and the coaching setup was possibly influenced by a great start to the season . Being manager/ coach is a full time position. But CL is also trying to be DoF a board member along with overseeing the academy and it laid bare in the results and performances of the first team 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

Failing to sell out a derby, cup final tickets still available and - according to rumour - less than 6k season tickets being sold might make all your post complete bollocks. Albeit it is bollocks written in the finest English.

Quite and this is the language ANY football board understands. Apathy has hit our support and a forensic analysis isn't required when the root cause is as plain as day - severe underperformance on the pitch!

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

But that's not constructive dismissal.  

As was pointed out by JamboGraham, legally, it was a dismissal.

20 hours ago, Crete said:

That’s why he never won anything as a player he has a loosers mentality just like our manager.

Imagine stating to 300 people in the Gorgie Suite that he would have taken a 2-0 defeat to Hibs before the game had started?! Then saying how amazing we were before we managed to scrape a draw. What an absolute plonker!!

Skacelsid

A coaching re-shuffle that means the DOFs position is safe is what will happen IMO. The bootroom system will not be abandoned. That would be an admission of failure. This will be unacceptable to many and will need to be sweetened and will mean an ex player ( eg Robbo/McCann ) as head/assistant head coach. Either that or Steven Naismith will be offered his first coaching role. Personally I would prefer someone fresh coming in so that all aspects, coaching, fitness, recruitment, academy, the use of data to influence team selection and tactics ( if that is what happens ) are examined and changed, if required. We need some fresh faces in and I think Halket is a good start. But also we need to get a few off the wage bill that are not of the required standard. Our club needs a lift at this time and I suspect plans will already be at an advanced stage and we will find out after the cup final.

8 hours ago, georgiehearts66 said:

6 months ago I’d have agreed with you but as the season has wore on the deficiencies in our management and coaching setup have become glaringly obvious. Signing better quality players will improve us in the short term but without improvements to the coaching then that improvement will only be temporary.

While I fully appreciate the injury list I cannot accept that the players we have had available were not capable of better results than what were achieved. 

heartandsoul
9 hours ago, georgiehearts66 said:

The players came back out after the game to a near empty stadium. If that isn't alarming well I don't know what is. The majority of Hearts fans have had enough and want change. 

9 hours ago, georgiehearts66 said:

What a load of patronising way off the mark garbage, thank you for taking time out to produce a worst post of the season candidate.

jock _turd
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Quite and this is the language ANY football board understands. Apathy has hit our support and a forensic analysis isn't required when the root cause is as plain as day - severe underperformance on the pitch!

This is a very good point. What I find interesting is that this under performance is NOT due to lack of investment in the team... more due to serious errors of judgement on behalf of the recruitment department at Hearts. I sincerely hope we are not in for another round of recruitment roulette with an increased budget to somehow sway the fans into thinking " hey things are on the up we are spending even more money on players". There has been more than enough spent on players over the last few years. What is required is someone in the recruitment dept that can get the right players in. I know as well as the next person that selecting players to make a teams is a difficult decision making process... but it would be totally wrong for anybody at Hearts to say we have not made some really bad signings and then batter on and try again... we are hemorrhaging cash here for no good reason.  It is just an opinion but I really think we have the wrong people in the football department at the moment. They need to be moved on and a new team of coaches and a manager who fully understand the player requirements of the modern game brought on board... yes there will be blood on the carpet, but long term it will be worth it.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic