• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

54 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If he gets Souttar and Naismith in the same team, that record is Played 20 W13 D4 L3

The final 2 losses were Colin Doyle at Motherwell, Brandon red card and the last game that Naismith played against Celtic before being sidelined from half time against Celtic.

These are facts, not lies, not an effort to defend, but hard fact that indeed injuries to significant players are absolutely a hindrance.

However, I would agree the record without them is appalling and should be a lot lot better, but I enjoy the balance

The balance you put forward there, is the one that seems to escape many people.  👍

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Are these all league games. I'm not disputing Naismith is a huge loss btw. I've said about 80 pages back I don't actually think its "injuries" its one injury - Naismith, that is the problem.

Are you saying we haven't missed any or all of the following?

Souttar

Haring

Walker

Washington

Halkett

M Snith (for 9 games)

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

If he gets Souttar and Naismith in the same team, that record is Played 20 W13 D4 L3

The final 2 losses were Colin Doyle at Motherwell, Brandon red card and the last game that Naismith played against Celtic before being sidelined from half time against Celtic.

These are facts, not lies, not an effort to defend, but hard fact that indeed injuries to significant players are absolutely a hindrance.

However, I would agree the record without them is appalling and should be a lot lot better, but I enjoy the balance

Becuase Naismith is more than a player, he Is a a manager and a coach on the pitch, he tells players which runs to make.. he coaches players in terms of where to position themselves, he moans at them when they don’t try hard enough

if anything it highlights how bad a job levein has done in terms of the broader squad, and it highlights how badly coached and motivated the players are 

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Souttar

Haring

Walker

Washington

Halkett

M Snith (for 9 games)

Doubt if anyone would say that but Naismith seemed to be THE player who made a difference last season. We’ve never recovered form since last seasons semi at Murrayfield.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Becuase Naismith is more than a player, he Is a a manager and a coach on the pitch, he tells players which runs to make.. he coaches players in terms of where to position themselves, he moans at them when they don’t try hard enough

I read that in Ron Weasley's voice in my head:

stanislav_ianevski_as_viktor_krum_gof-promo-04-copy.jpg

21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Souttar

Haring

Walker

Washington

Halkett

M Snith (for 9 games)

And Uche.

18 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I read that in Ron Weasley's voice in my head:

stanislav_ianevski_as_viktor_krum_gof-promo-04-copy.jpg

🎶 Steven, I love you! Steven, I do! When we're apart, my heart beats only for you!

Just now, Tenor said:

🎶 Steven, I love you! Steven, I do! When we're apart, my heart beats only for you!

:lol: 

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Based on last seasons table we’d only be 10th. 

Playoff in quite a few  seasons!! Shameful

Edited by kingantti1874

Ex member of the SaS

On the other thread I suggest ed the only thing Budge has done wrong is supporting Levein. However I just rembered she also stated 4th last season was the goal and changed the goal posts.

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

On the other thread I suggest ed the only thing Budge has done wrong is supporting Levein. However I just rembered she also stated 4th last season was the goal and changed the goal posts.

Did she do a Real Mallorca?

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Playoff in quite a few  seasons!! Shameful

Nice, edit because you realised you were wrong.  😉

We're missing players, we're missing players, we get it. 

It doesn't matter a jot in my opinion. 

Craig Levein's tactics should come with a health warning. 

Think of what a good manager could do with our squad.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

It does beg the question with all our injury woes why sign a player who’s career has been hampered by injuries? 

:interehjrling:

3 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

He was a failure at Peterborough, too.

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Christ, no. You'll never find me ambling around a twat-farm, thank you very much. 

I'm pish at golf type post imo.

33 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Can you explain why you think that?

Because if he was a success there he wouldn't currently be back at Hearts.

Governor Tarkin

It does beg the question with all our injury woes why sign a player who’s career has been hampered by injuries? 

Christ, no. You'll never find me ambling around a twat-farm, thank you very much. 

2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Nice, edit because you realised you were wrong.  😉

I noticed that too. 

You also have to think it's kind of weird to say that something that DIDN'T actually happen is shameful!

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I don't see why would he still be at Peterborough when he was only there on loan?

Governor Tarkin

49 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Doubt if anyotne would say that  but Naismith seemed to be THE player who made a difference last season. We’ve never recovered form since last seasons semi at Murrayfield.

So that'll be INJURIES in the plural!

I agree Naisy is THE player we have missed most not only for his own play but also because of his moaning/coaching/encouragement re the other players.  I also think we've missed Haring big style.

4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I noticed that too. 

You also have to think it's kind of weird to say that something that DIDN'T actually happen is shameful!

Agreed. 
It’s apples and oranges anyway. Last season we played the top 6 after the split and being so far removed from Europe had little to nothing to play for.
Under relegation form we’ll play In the bottom 6 and should (in theory) get more points. 

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I don't see why would he still be at Peterborough when he was only there on loan?

do you think he was a success at Peterborough ?

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I agree Naisy is THE player we have missed most not only for his own play but also because of his moaning/coaching/encouragement re the other players.  I also think we've missed Haring big style.

The truth is they were/are ALL key players.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

So we can forget talking about him being genuine or not a d go back to discussing levein?  Deal?  

It so bad just now that hibs are so bad we should be having a ball laughing at them but can't because our manager is just as bad.  What a shite time it is for us and has been for two year.  Just go levein you useless football manager.  We cant even laugh at hibs just now!  Let that sink in...

We just beat hibs, of course we can laugh at them. 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yeah the cup final (after he went off) showed what we are missing. Not saying nobody else would make a difference just unsure how much difference they would make. 

Put it this way, if Naismith was match fit and stayed fit from the start of this season (even accounting for all our other injuries) I believe our league form would be totally different.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah the cup final (after he went off) showed what we are missing. Not saying nobody else would make a difference just unsure how much difference they would make. 

Put it this way, if Naismith was match fit and stayed fit from the start of this season (even accounting for all our other injuries) I believe our league form would be totally different.

Naismith might have been the 5 wins difference over the season to 3rd place. 

Ex member of the SaS

All this talk of Naismith's injury, so we are a one player team now? ONE player out shouldn't make that much of a difference, besides a good manger gets the best out of what he has. If that means coping with one, two or ten injuries then so be it. 
mangers of other teams with a much lower player budget are beating us hands down, with the players we have a good manger wouldn't let that happen.

The simple answer is Levein MUST go, ( and not back up stairs )

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I didn't say he would still be at Peterborough.

You made that bit up.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Naismith might have been the 5 wins difference over the season to 3rd place. 

Would certainly have got us more points than we have. 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Last paragraph....most people would probably agree but it only highlights how poor the management of the situation has been and how other players have lacked in so many ways to compensate.  

Its certainly not an excuse for the management to say Naisy is missing and thats why we’re shite. 

There is no question that injuries have seriously hampered the team BUT we still have a squad more than capable of doing way better than we are. 

I don't see why we can't bin them all now and use Gary Naysmith and Gary Locke in the interim until we find an actual quality replacement. 

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Last paragraph....most people would probably agree but it only highlights how poor the management of the situation has been and how other players have lacked in so many ways to compensate.  

Its certainly not an excuse for the management to say Naisy is missing and thats why we’re shite. 

Yeah I agree. It becomes the managers job to get the best out of the available players. I honestly believe that anyone who thinks CL has done this is kidding themselves on.

I also think Levein will be here till the end of the season so our only hope of salvaging something less than a disaster is getting Naismith back.

2 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

There is no question that injuries have seriously hampered the team BUT we still have a squad more than capable of doing way better than we are. 

I don't see why we can't bin them all now and use Gary Naysmith and Gary Locke in the interim until we find an actual quality replacement. 

Exactly. 

It would be interesting to see who would prefer the Kilmarnock or Motherwell squad over ours, even with the injuries. 

Injuries have been ridiculous but how many of that Livvy or Ross County team would we swap for our starting line ups. 

It’s not good enough. 

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We've had 2 goes at filling in for him (Damour and Whelan) and neither is the right fit.  Not only was he more dominant in the middle, he also turned up with a goal or two.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Injuries have been ridiculous but how many of that Livvy or Ross County team would we swap for our starting line ups. 

It’s not good enough. 

In the Ross game SN had to go off at HT and unlike him he was fairly anonymous in the 1st half.

In the Rangers game we had 5/6 out and played well which I think may have led to the same team against Livi.

Unfortunately we lost another 3 players meaning further changes in personnel/formation against a stuffy team playing on their own artificial surface.  I think we should give these supposedly lesser more respect than our fans do.  There are no easy games these days.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

In the Ross game SN had to go off at HT and unlike him he was fairly anonymous in the 1st half.

In the Rangers game we had 5/6 out and played well which I think may have led to the same team against Livi.

Unfortunately we lost another 3 players meaning further changes in personnel/formation against a stuffy team playing on their own artificial surface.  I think we should give these supposedly lesser more respect than our fans do.  There are no easy games these days.

for **** sake.. now it’s ok to be dominated at home by teams worth a fraction of the teams we put on the pitch.. even with the injuries..does that not just highlight how badly levein has spent our money!! 

newsflash - CRAIG LEVEIN IS ****ING CLUELESS!! simple as ****ing that.. No other reason.. manager and coaches are crap 

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It’s not good enough. 

No one would.. imagine we started Scott Robinson up front.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

for **** sake.. now it’s ok to be dominated at home by teams worth a fraction of the teams we put on the pitch.. even with the injuries..does that not just highlight how badly levein has spent our money!! 

newsflash - CRAIG LEVEIN IS ****ING CLUELESS!! simple as ****ing that.. No other reason.. manager and coaches are crap 

This x10000.

Some people are blinded by mediocrity.

I hope St Johnstone don't get two men sent off - can you imagine how long it would take Levein to re organise the team.............

• davemclaren locked this topic