Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Now that everyone has had their fun, it’s maybe time to focus on the next two, huge, games.

If we lose both, his time is up.

Anyone disagree ?

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Just now, Boab said:

Now that everyone has had their fun, it’s maybe time to focus on the next two, huge, games.

Anyone disagree ?

His time was up ages ago but until Annie starts to twig that results actually matter he has as long as he wants.

Just now, Boab said:

Anyone disagree ?

I reckon that if we lose both games, Craig Levein will still be manager until the season end.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Anyone disagree ?

It's inconsequential really...I thought his time was up after the cup final last season.

Then at various points this season...only to see him cling onto the position.

I'm now at the point where I'm apathetic to Craig staying/going.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

His time was up ages ago but until Annie starts to twig that results actually matter he has as long as he wants.

It was, I agree, but surely that would be it ?

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I reckon that if we lose both games, Craig Levein will still be manager until the season end.

Plenty of legroom at Tynie if he does.

The bar has lowered that much at Hearts that Levein will manager to convince Budge that a league cup semi and a 9th place finish is progression. People have been slaughtered for almost a full year on here for having the audacity to say it how they see it with the clubs direction under Levein. If we lost tonight we can go bottom, all be it St Mirren will need to perform a miracle, but it could happen. A situation a club like Hearts should NEVER find itself in. Finishing 5th should’ve been alarm bells, back to back 6th’s should’ve had full blown sirens. We now sit 9th, a point above bottom having only won once this season, twice (or something mad like that) in 2019 and a handful of times in 12 months. Yet people are still on this thread debating that Levein is the man to turn this round 🙈🤷🏼‍♂️

Get. Him. Out. 

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Anyone disagree ?

I think it’s about beyond him now anyway. He’s not been very lucky with injuries, but we should have been able to get better results than we have so far. Hopefully he wins the next two, then I’ll maybe start to believe he’s got it in him again. Right now though? Just can’t see it unfortunately.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Depends how it pans out, if its really bad, then I reckon he may see his last chance has gone on Sunday, and "peacefully" move back to the other job.

Be impossible to remove him from that one this season, unless he personally decides enough is enough.

Players (quality ones) coming back, would they give him a few more weeks? Yes, but only if performances this week were seen to be competitive.

So many games in December, it can't (shouldn't) be done then, I reckon its Sunday, the following week or not at all, but I am going to be positive and suggest we will do enough this week to save him.

Oh and I'd love to see this thread reach Page 500!!! One day I swear this thread title will be relevant, but perhaps not all of us will live to see it :)

Edited by Sir Gio

I've had to remove several posts.

Please stay on topic and please post within the rules.

Thanks.

itsnomarooned
On 28/10/2019 at 14:21, Smithee said:

I know we're getting off topic but I love the Dutch for potatoes - aardappelen, which means earth apples.

But then they call gloves handshoes, so who's listening to the Dutch?

The best, and most interesting, post on this thread by far.

Difficult to see how a few deluded posters still think Levein can turn it around. Apart from his rambling interviews he gives a great impression of footballs equivalent of forest gump. Stats on the BBC show his performance as manager is below even that of Cathro.

With players starting to return from the treatment table I think results will improve.

If they don’t then it’s time to start looking for a new manager.

45 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

His time at Wigan was hampered by injury.

Does that make him a failure?

It does beg the question with all our injury woes why sign a player who’s career has been hampered by injuries? 

Just now, OldGorgie said:

Difficult to see how a few deluded posters still think Levein can turn it around. Apart from his rambling interviews he gives a great impression of footballs equivalent of forest gump. Stats on the BBC show his performance as manager is below even that of Cathro.

Fellow Hearts supporters, you mean?

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

It does beg the question with all our injury woes why sign a player who’s career has been hampered by injuries? 

I think that might be because he passed a medical which suggested he was worth taking a chance on.

Much depends on how much the club can afford at the time players are available, I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I was against us re-signing Walker. He’s done well since coming back though, and his injury was nothing to do with his historical problems. Don’t think that’s something we can attack the manager for tbh.

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Depends how it pans out, if its really bad, then I reckon he may see his last chance has gone on Sunday, and "peacefully" move back to the other job.

Be impossible to remove him from that one this season, unless he personally decides enough is enough.

Players (quality ones) coming back, would they give him a few more weeks? Yes, but only if performances this week were seen to be competitive.

So many games in December, it can't (shouldn't) be done then, I reckon its Sunday, the following week or not at all, but I am going to be positive and suggest we will do enough this week to save him.

Oh and I'd love to see this thread reach Page 500!!! One day I swear this thread title will be relevant, but perhaps not all of us will live to see it :)

When you say ‘really bad’, I assume you mean getting well beaten tonight and absolutely thumped on Sunday?

I also assume that you mean both of the above, coupled with two dismal performances?

But, two defeats (but with plenty effort and endeavour) could just keep him in the job?

Sorry to go on here but, if two good performances ensue (albeit with two defeats) plus the prospect of who has still to return from injury would perhaps give a degree of confidence to Mrs Budge and indeed the fans?

Hope I’ve picked you up right, SG?

Anyway, come on Hearts tonight and come on Hearts on Sunday.

As for your 500 pages hope, you’ll be fine!!  It’ll get there.  :thumbsup:

53 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

His time at Wigan was hampered by injury.

Does that make him a failure?

Yes. He didn't play while fit either.

7 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

With players starting to return from the treatment table I think results will improve.

If they don’t then it’s time to start looking for a new manager.

Agree.

13 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I was against us re-signing Walker. He’s done well since coming back though, and his injury was nothing to do with his historical problems. Don’t think that’s something we can attack the manager for tbh.

It is hardly an attack questioning a decision.  Personally I was for him returning as he has natural ability but I can understand those against it. 

17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think that might be because he passed a medical which suggested he was worth taking a chance on.

Much depends on how much the club can afford at the time players are available, I suppose.

Thanks Al I’m fully aware he passed a medical. 

8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It is hardly an attack questioning a decision.  Personally I was for him returning as he has natural ability but I can understand those against it. 

Okay, perhaps attack was the wrong word. Hold against us more appropriate. 

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

C'mon, Des. Walker's perceived shite-baggery is well documented on here. I've even commented on it before he left. As it is, since he returned, he was doing well I thought. 

Can't have a go at Levein for Walker actually doing his job & making the effort to tackle a boy. Then breaking one of, if not the most susceptible bones in the body to break.

I'm not exactly enamoured with Levein at present. But I'm not laying that at his door. Or Walker having some kind of brittle bone deficiency that's only just been discovered. :lol:

I’m not blaming Levein for Walkers injury. I was responding to Spoleto suggesting Walker wasn’t a failure at Wigan because he was injured. I was happy Walker returned because we are bereft with players with natural ability. I’m aware my point seems all over the place :lol: 

It's just a question of transparency and honesty surrounding everything. The manager is deluded and concocts every excuse under the sun while talking about positive performances only he sees. The players cannot be putting everything in when you look at some of the appalling performances this calendar year. The board moves the goalposts on what is an acceptable performance on the football side and then buries their heads in the sand as things continue to slide. Meanwhile fans pay very decent money to witness a negative, confused team struggle in every game. 

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It's just a question of transparency and honesty surrounding everything. The manager is deluded and concocts every excuse under the sun while talking about positive performances only he sees. The players cannot be putting everything in when you look at some of the appalling performances this calendar year. The board moves the goalposts on what is an acceptable performance on the football side and then buries their heads in the sand as things continue to slide. Meanwhile fans pay very decent money to witness a negative, confused team struggle in every game. 

I don't know about you but I've seen positive performances in the last two games. 

As for the board "moving the goal posts" I disagree. They have said the current situation is unacceptable.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That's only because other posters have been playing the man when it comes to debating with him. People don't agree with his point of view, and when they are unable to successfully argue against it, they resort to calling him a troll and far worse things besides. The reason people are discussing his rights, is because others have just ignored his arguments in defence of Levein, instead attacking the poster.

Because they don't trust his motives.  I can't be bothered getting into it as you'll just go all Voltaire about his right to say **** all rather than understanding why it would only take him answering questions to stop these accusations.  The worst run in our history and there is more discussion on this thread about a posters right than talking about what we need to do.  Tragic.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
48 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Yes. He didn't play while fit either.

He was a failure at Peterborough, too.

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Is that right?

I'd could reply with 'is it wrong?' But that would mean we would just end up going round in circles.  From your posting style, I don't think you'd like that. 

25 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Yip. I don’t believe the players were playing to their full potential in some matches. I blame the manager’s line ups and changes of positions during matches for that.

CL can say what he wants. I’ve watched plenty games under him as manager and a lot were terrible. Like most, I feel for the players. We could be doing much better with him removed. 
Simply, I don’t believe him anymore.

21 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Are you a member of a golf club?

Christ, no. You'll never find me ambling around a twat-farm, thank you very much. There was this one time after Homelands when I cut through Kingsknowe golf course on my way home... much of my recall of that morning will undoubtedly be a mixture of halucinations and exhaustion though.

19 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Christ, no. You'll never find me ambling around a twat-farm, thank you very much. There was this one time after Homelands when I cut through Kingsknowe golf course on my way home... much of my recall of that morning will undoubtedly be a mixture of halucinations and exhaustion though.

My cap is doffed.  

2 hours ago, Boab said:

Anyone disagree ?

His time should be up but as I've said in other post can't see him getting sacked. He should have got his P45 after the killie game. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

When you say ‘really bad’, I assume you mean getting well beaten tonight and absolutely thumped on Sunday?

I also assume that you mean both of the above, coupled with two dismal performances?

But, two defeats (but with plenty effort and endeavour) could just keep him in the job?

Sorry to go on here but, if two good performances ensue (albeit with two defeats) plus the prospect of who has still to return from injury would perhaps give a degree of confidence to Mrs Budge and indeed the fans?

Hope I’ve picked you up right, SG?

Anyway, come on Hearts tonight and come on Hearts on Sunday.

As for your 500 pages hope, you’ll be fine!!  It’ll get there.  :thumbsup:

I think you got all of that. Not necessarily what I will do, but what I think will suffice in the minds of the board.

9th November is the next home game, if we have not won one of those 3, think I will storm the Directors Box myself :lol:

Next 2 league games are against the only teams as bad as Hibs, they need to be games we are strong in. Sometimes you need the run of the ball, but that is straw clutching and we need to make our luck turn with positive play. Win individual battles and create pressure.

I am realistic enough to know a nearly full strength Rangers against a dilapidated Hearts is a mismatch, and we did do incredibly well the other week, to do it again is well nigh impossible, let alone the injury problems, its the lack of continuity and confidence that ensues that makes things so much worse.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Blindheart said:

We are being led by a deluded and stubborn manipulator.  "Craig Levein believes the return of Steven Naismith and Jamie Walker can spark a Hearts surge towards the Euro spots."(BBC) It is akin to Trumps climate change denial! Whilst Naisy has been missed, he would struggle to get a place in the Old Firm teams and is a fitness/injury doubt. Walker has talent but what on Earth makes anybody think that the person who failed so miserably down South will turn into a mini Messi? He is actually a danger to our club, as his doggedness and unrealistic faith in himself will have knock-on effects for years to come. Once out of the habit of watching live games many fans will be unlikely to return on a regular basis. It's worryingly sad.

Our record when both Souttar and Naismith play in the same team, P20 W13 D4 L3.

I reckon its fair comment myself. The quality of these players is very high and unfortunately they have not been as available as we would have liked, but somehow that's Leveins fault too.

I don't think its anywhere close to being akin to Trumps denial.

6 minutes ago, clark963 said:

His time should be up but as I've said in other post can't see him getting sacked. He should have got his P45 after the killie game. 

After the  Hamilton game was the right time for change imo. 

First round of fixtures will be complete after tonight. If it goes south, he’ll still get the Semi but lose that as well and Monday is the day for change.

Win both and I’ll happily back him. No contradiction, imo, we all want us to win.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Our record when both Souttar and Naismith play in the same team, P20 W13 D4 L3.

I reckon its fair comment myself. The quality of these players is very high and unfortunately they have not been as available as we would have liked, but somehow that's Leveins fault too.

I don't think its anywhere close to being akin to Trumps denial.

I’m actually amazed that I8 believes in climate change as it's a bit snowflakey but that’s for another forum/thread. 

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

First round of fixtures will be complete after tonight. If it goes south, he’ll still get the Semi but lose that as well and Monday is the day for change.

Win both and I’ll happily back him. No contradiction, imo, we all want us to win.

This would be the absolute bare minimum for me ... and even then I'm not happy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

If he gets Souttar and Naismith in the same team, that record is Played 20 W13 D4 L3

The final 2 losses were Colin Doyle at Motherwell, Brandon red card and the last game that Naismith played against Celtic before being sidelined from half time against Celtic.

These are facts, not lies, not an effort to defend, but hard fact that indeed injuries to significant players are absolutely a hindrance.

However, I would agree the record without them is appalling and should be a lot lot better, but I enjoy the balance

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If he gets Souttar and Naismith in the same team, that record is Played 20 W13 D4 L3

The final 2 losses were Colin Doyle at Motherwell, Brandon red card and the last game that Naismith played against Celtic before being sidelined from half time against Celtic.

These are facts, not lies, not an effort to defend, but hard fact that indeed injuries to significant players are absolutely a hindrance.

However, I would agree the record without them is appalling and should be a lot lot better, but I enjoy the balance

Are these all league games. I'm not disputing Naismith is a huge loss btw. I've said about 80 pages back I don't actually think its "injuries" its one injury - Naismith, that is the problem.

Edited by Rudy T

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t you think so?

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A good post.

8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Are these all league games. I'm not disputing Naismith is a huge loss btw. I've said about 80 pages back I don't actually think its "injuries" its one injury - Naismith, that is the problem.

That’s where I was at but Sir Gio coming up with some data to suggest Soapy is a key player as well. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Bound to be a few cup games in there too. Raith Rovers, Cowdenbeath and ICT in the Betfred would be the soft games, if they both played those games.

We hadn't lost up to the point Naismith got injured last season, bar Ibrox, that I suppose is another argument, one I would personally agree is deplorable, the record in Glasgow.

I think its preposterous to think with an even break in health, this team would be struggling so badly. As I mention, I don't think it should be struggling quite so badly as a caveat.

And there is not a single thing anyone can do about that record now...game 39 is the only one that matters today...

• davemclaren locked this topic