Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

so our football is rubbish in a big way to watch ,we have won 2 out the last 12 games and if we lose the next two games also would any other Hearts manager still be in a job ?

Really what has to happen to get rid of Levein we the supporters are putting in loads of money into hearts and the football that we are getting back is no where near good enough ,we don,t create hardly anything from open play today 2 shots if you could call than that which their keeper saved .We really deserve much better than what we are getting Cup final or not its good enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said Wattie

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Change name of thread pls.

His times not up till budge says it is unfortunately.

Captain Canada

Every time he saw something he didn't like, he would turn to Austin or Daly to discuss it. 

A collaborative approach is fine to an extent but sometimes things need a bit more urgency. 

How Shaugnessy lasted the match was beyond me. In the first half, the formation wasn't working as they exposed us on both wings numerous times. 

At half time we should have gone to a back four with Shaugnessy making way for Brandon and Mulraney playing as a winger. 

And when Uche went off, Clare came on and immediately played deeper, easing the pressure on their defence. If only we had another big striker to replace Uche when required. Levein only noticed how overweight and unfit Vanecek was after he made a few appearances. The irony is he's probably fitter now than at any other time and is behind Wighton in the pecking order. 

Edited by Captain Canada

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Nope , but I’d imagine his health has to do with that. His demeanour this season has been far more laid back in public than I’ve ever seen him. Summer will bring what it brings. I think the coaching structure is a problem in that I think AM should be out of it and focussed solely on analysis , set pieces etc , JD i don’t rate and LF i’m not sure either way. Always looks laboured and not very intense and iv always been a you play how you train and a you embody the nature of your coaches type person. 

Very good post 

the coaches are sitting in the background getting zero criticism but also should be made accountable for performances on the park 

JD, AM and LF are a big part of the way we  play on the pitch. FWIW I agree completely with your assessment on their skill set

Gigolo-Aunt
54 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Was thinking that as i left the game today, no way the levein of old would be standing for this kind of apathy on the park but then again, his dull, boring and predictable interviews seems to be a reflection of the bigger picture, no way would the old levein say things like "i cant be too hard on them" etc etc.

He is a soft touch nowadays. dire.

Unfortunately I agree with you.  He has lost some of his mojo 

4 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You are entitled to your opinion but ....

Ann Budge saved our club, I think she knows exactly what she is doing.

What would you do if you were in charge?

Actually don’t bother saying, it would just be another opinion!!

You are a doughnut who knows nothing about football.

4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You're doing it wrong. Back of the Wheatfield rules apply!

I keep away from virgins at the back of the Wheatfield.

4 hours ago, Barack said:

Are there glasses being smashed & people put through windows like in Deadwood?

If not...I'll pass on the hyperbolic attention-seeking nonsense. Thank you, though.

Get your blinkers off and move into the real world.

Skippy Doodle

After 25th May I will have plenty of time to review the season as a whole but until then I’m going to immerse myself with memories of great Scottish cup moments. #HHGH

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Don't worry the lager will be back on soon ☺

A pint of Best and a Drambuie please.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

A pint of Best and a Drambuie please.

Sure the Merchie hasn’t sold you one too many of these tonight Mitch? Or you punchdrunk from the riots on Gorgie Road?

4B6EC2C9-F503-409E-B62A-63252F6E4C4B.jpeg

Jambo-Fox
37 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You are a doughnut who knows nothing about football.

? once again you give an opinion without any facts ...... or knowledge ..... or demonstrable intelligence....

innerjambo

The situation is really dire. For the time being though, he's going nowhere.  

The Gorgie

Craigy would have been hoping someone was going to pop up with a king billy scarf towards the end just so it took the heat off him.

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, suds66 said:

Spot on Wattie. It is absolutely mind boggling how Levein is still employed at our football club.

I would be staggered if there was another professional club in the world that would allow such incompetence from their manager without them being sacked. Incredible it really is!

and that is only the last 12 games what about the rest of the points we have dropped at one point we were 11 points in front of hibs just not good enough !!!!!!!!!

wattie exploited

how many more crap excuses or rambling from levein is he going to come out with ,the football quote the latest 

“I could have written the script," Craig said. "I thought there was nothing in the match at all.

"I can’t complain about the effort our players put in. We had spells where we played decent stuff, and they counter well and do well from set pieces, and we’ve succumbed to a set-piece which we didn’t clear.

"I don’t know if that little bit extra they’ve got to play for had an impact or not, but I said to the players afterwards that I couldn’t say they were better than us or vice-versa, it came down to one goal and they got it.”

Yeah our Goalie had 2 good saves ,they missed a sitter ,and hit the post ,and what did we do one half hit shot and a really weak header ,how much longer do we have to put up with this poor football and rubbish excuses !

think he needs to go to spec savers !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by wattie exploited

Bazzas right boot

Craig gets it spot on imo. 

Game was 50/50, we ****ed up, they scored. 

Pretty much every game is like this in the league atm tho, and we've been on the receiving end of that odd goal too many times. 

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

how many more crap excuses or rambling from levein is he going to come out with ,the football quote the latest 

“I could have written the script," Craig said. "I thought there was nothing in the match at all.

"I can’t complain about the effort our players put in. We had spells where we played decent stuff, and they counter well and do well from set pieces, and we’ve succumbed to a set-piece which we didn’t clear.

"I don’t know if that little bit extra they’ve got to play for had an impact or not, but I said to the players afterwards that I couldn’t say they were better than us or vice-versa, it came down to one goal and they got it.”

Yeah our Goalie had 2 good saves ,they missed a sitter ,and hit the post ,and what did we do one half hit shot and a really weak header ,how much longer do we have to put up with this poor football and rubbish excuses !

think he needs to go to spec savers !!!!!!!!!!

I actually kept reading that thinking it was still Levein's quote :laugh:

Much as yet again you start another thread to say the same thing his interview is pretty much spot on. 

Game was even steven - was an ok game , we didn’t do enough but Harry had two good chances first half we had one off the line. We had more possession and they countered from an organised structure. They were slightly better first half we were slightly better second half. We ballsed up clearing the ball for their goal...Our players worked their socks off today to a man. Played some decent stuff at times lacked creativity (shock) 

I was angry when I read it.  I dont how accurate the bbc stats are but they say we had two shots on target and by your account, pretty weak ones.

We were at home.  Levein should have said it was nowhere near good enough.  The match report said Killie were deserving winners.

The one part Levein got right was saying he could have written the script.  So could we all.  Another dire performance.

I honestly wish we could have JJ in on Monday to manage us through to the Cup Final.  Bit like Valdas.

13 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

and that is only the last 12 games what about the rest of the points we have dropped at one point we were 11 points in front of hibs just not good enough !!!!!!!!!

There is no argument, not good enough is putting your point very politely.

wattie exploited
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I was angry when I read it.  I dont how accurate the bbc stats are but they say we had two shots on target and by your account, pretty weak ones.

We were at home.  Levein should have said it was nowhere near good enough.  The match report said Killie were deserving winners.

The one part Levein got right was saying he could have written the script.  So could we all.  Another dire performance.

sorry to say but Killie did deserve to win ! :vangry:

wattie exploited
Just now, Homme said:

Read that a few times and can't see an excuse anywhere. 

were you at the game ?  we could have played all week and never look like scoring the football was total shit  but its been like this for months now he need to try changing his glasses then as Killie  were far more dangerous than us !!!!!!!

Nucky Thompson

How anyone can stick up for this complete bafoon is beyond me,

I've followed us all over Europe but I've even refused a ticket for the Final.

Fort Vallance
7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Craig gets it spot on imo. 

Game was 50/50, we ****ed up, they scored. 

Pretty much every game is like this in the league atm tho, and we've been on the receiving end of that odd goal too many times. 

I'm  not great with irony but assume that was attempt ? 11 back at corners but still losing goals at set pieces. They went for it last 10, we were happy with 0.0 . Yeah he's got it spot on.

Jambo-Fox
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

How anyone can stick up for this complete bafoon is beyond me,

I've followed us all over Europe but I've even refused a ticket for the Final.

At least someone else will enjoy the victory and European football next season #noregrets

innerjambo
7 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

were you at the game ?  we could have played all week and never look like scoring the football was total shit  but its been like this for months now he need to try changing his glasses then as Killie  were far more dangerous than us !!!!!!!

I wouldn't waste your breath Wattie. The happy clappers on here will defend Levein at any cost. They're like his fully paid up puppets, and they police the site to put down any criticism they come across. They are pathetic really, a bit like our performances of late. 

Edited by innerjambo

been here before
3 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

Nah.

I dont think they were they had a couple of decent chances, obviously scored one of them and perhaps looked like it meant a bit more to them but far more dangerous??

If that game had finished 1-0 Hearts, 1-0 Killie or finished a 0-0 or a 1-1 draw , I dont think anyone would have too many complaints

4 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I wouldn't waste your breath Wattie. The happy clappers on here will defend Levein at any cost. They're like his fully paid up puppets, and they police the site to put down any criticism they come across. They are pathetic really, a bit like our performances of late. 

Not a happy clapper here. Just struggling to see an excuse amongst what Craig said. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Homme said:

Read that a few times and can't see an excuse anywhere. 

????

Yip, he just said what he seen. 

Pretty much spot on. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Was in the pub by the time the “lap of honour” started

Sitting there wondering how the Messiah took 3 points off your precious Levein and all but guaranteed us 6th place?

Thought you'd be there with pompoms along with Dodger and Left Boot.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Nah.

I dont think they were they had a couple of decent chances, obviously scored one of them and perhaps looked like it meant a bit more to them but far more dangerous??

If that game had finished 1-0 Hearts, 1-0 Killie or finished a 0-0 or a 1-1 draw , I dont think anyone would have too many complaints

The last para is almost every game now. 

Jambo_Gaz

Nah.

Far too accepting of mediocrity. 

bighalders

We lost again no more excuses its 6th last season 6th this season so the manager must be sacked or its 6th next season and so on until the season ticket sales dry up almost completely 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Take away the runs of Mulraney and we showed very little else in an attacking sense. We played the ball about not too badly for short spells and matched Killie in that aspect but they looked far more threatening near goal. Craig is wrong if he thinks we deserved anything from the game. 

Nah.

That was what I thought. Uche should of scored Harry should of worked the keeper twice , Djoum just missed flicking one in. Killie had clearer chances but we gave them a goal by being idiotic at the back. Even at 70 mins i thought we’d sneak it 1-0 was one of those games. First goal was winning

Jocam2325

It matters not really what Levein said about the game. He might even have been right in that there was little in the game. 

We deserve better though. There are about 5 players in the team worthy of a game. We were at home to Kilmarnock. We should have been better. Again. We look so devoid of threat. I am bored with the football. Bored with the excuses. Bored with the casual acceptance that nothing between us and Kilmarnock at Tynie is deemed to be acceptable to him.  I have always supported Levein. He is a Hearts legend but he should step aside. 

bighalders

I don't understand the defending of Levein surely no one can be happy with mid table two seasons running and therefore he needs to go. Oh and the football is dull dull dull dull dull dull dull dull dull

31 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I made it 3 on target. One crap shot and two Berra nods. Sort of stats that got Cathro fired.

been here before
11 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Far too accepting of mediocrity. 

Its accepting of **** all. Its saying how I saw the game today.

It does appear that thats a little complicated for you.

Edited by been here before

17 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Yaaaaawn

You are absolutely correct and it has been for over 2 seasons now.

In fact I would go so far as to say that the minute we won the Championship we changed how we played to get ready for the rigours of the Premiership thing and it has been a slow decline from that point on. 

siegementality
5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

3 weeks today topic will be relevant 

Aye, cos he’ll be away.

Maybe start wondering why Hearts continually fail to edge apparent games in the balance while others do.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic