Two supporters banned indefinitely ( updated )

Walter Bishop

If what was said on Twitter was said on here do you think the moderation team here would hand out a life ban?

I think they would.

The club are perfectly entitled to ban supporters from the ground posting abuse on social media. That’s it end of argument.

People need to take responsibility for their comments. You might not like CL or Ann Budge or 1 or more players. You simply can not take to social media and make abusive and or threatening comments on them and not expect repercussions for your comments. Life does not work like that.

Its sheer stupidity on behalf of the idiots spewing bile to not expect a reaction.

I have zero sympathy.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• FruitJuice

• Beast Boy

39 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I wasn't having a go, bud. :D I for one don't care if folk make mistakes, or use of instead of have. I'm sure people knew what you were saying.:D

Is that a press release Mr Swinney? 

:gok: 

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not a court of law. 

You can ban anyone from a premise without a reason or evidence. 

Ofc we will have reasons and some evidence but it's not an inoccent until proven guilty type thing. 

Act like a baw bag, post threats etc you can be banned. 

You might not get charged but banning someone is far easier than prosecuting someone. 

A cinema, a club, a shop, a footbsll club can refuse entry into their premises if they want to. 

Don't even need to give a reason. 

You’ve missed the conversation  that lead to this post. I wasn’t sure how the club got there phone numbers and addresses from twitter without involving the police. It’s now been established the bans were dished out for an incident in hospitality after the Hamilton game not the shite posted on twitter, although I sure that didn’t help.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I wasn't having a go, bud. :D I for one don't care if folk make mistakes, or use of instead of have. I'm sure people knew what you were saying.:D

I know mate. Happy to take it with both barrels.   Though Morgan has got me Shakespeare-ing with rage.  I'm trying too hard to cover my stupidity. 

I thought Morgan had the best response.  You know I was joking about calling you English.  I think calling you glaswegian would've been a different matter...

9 hours ago, Franksluckypants said:

Ah, think you might be on to something there, and perhaps Mrs B has missed a trick!

I recon there should be new house rules of entering Tynie introducing a sliding scale of punishment! All packaged and filmed by Channel 5 in a reality type TV format!

Shouts of 'Levein your a useless self abuser' - results in a quick slap in the face with a mackerel. 

More serious shouts of 'a plague on you and your kin' - 5 lap flight above Tynie in overly sized trousers behind Robhies plane instead of the poster sign. 

Threats of Death and destruction to the new stand...you get put in goals suffering execution from penalty kicks taken by the Hearts squad till you either succumb to your injuries or expire through boredom.

Btw Some people say “If you can’t beat them, join them”. I say “If you can’t beat them, beat them”, because they will be expecting you to join them, so you will have the element of surprise.

🤣

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Budge would ban anyone who does not fit her model. People will wake up to her soon enough.

Who has she banned that did not fit her model?

At least you won't be banned, eh?

been here before

See this 'grass line'? How does it work exactly. The auld radge next to me is harmless enough but a bit whiney and moany and annoying at times.

If I texted the grass line and told him he'd muttered something racist and called me a baldy fat bassa would they come and huckle him?

Maybe even walk him round the pitch with his arm up his back like the goid old days?

24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Budge would ban anyone who does not fit her model. People will wake up to her soon enough.

Hold on... got it somewhere...

20190903_121704.jpg.93638ac5789e701aeffd368e7e18a8e6.jpg

.... there we go.

Edited by been here before

21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Good. Her model supporter seems to be someone who doesn't spout sectarian, homophobic or racist bile. Anyone who does can quite rightly GTF.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Nostalgia is a funny thing, it makes horrible things seem great over time. Also the biggest myth peddled is that only by singing sectarian, bigoted and homophobic songs can you create an atmosphere so if you take it out then it only becomes quiet. 

I'm sure Whelan would feel right at home with the Gorgie boys being belted out. 

57 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

If what was said on Twitter was said on here do you think the moderation team here would hand out a life ban?

I think they would.

The club are perfectly entitled to ban supporters from the ground posting abuse on social media. That’s it end of argument.

People need to take responsibility for their comments. You might not like CL or Ann Budge or 1 or more players. You simply can not take to social media and make abusive and or threatening comments on them and not expect repercussions for your comments. Life does not work like that.

Its sheer stupidity on behalf of the idiots spewing bile to not expect a reaction.

I have zero sympathy.

When you see some of the vile stuff posted about her on the various social channels there will be hundreds more indefinite bans being handed out.

Which there won't be.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

You’ve missed the conversation  that lead to this post. I wasn’t sure how the club got there phone numbers and addresses from twitter without involving the police. It’s now been established the bans were dished out for an incident in hospitality after the Hamilton game not the shite posted on twitter, although I sure that didn’t help.

Fair enough, was just point out that even if it was for the tweets the club could ban them. 

It's not a court of law. 

If the club wants to ban individuals for just being dicks they can, unlikely but they can. 

Can't be arsed reading through this thread but many of these problems eg racial, sexual dscrimination are not specifically football problems - they are problems certain individuals bring in to football matches.  AB needs hard evidence before she, morally at least, dishes out any punishment.

Maybe she should issue a warning that from now on the club's first action will be to hand over that evidence to the Police.  However that could possibly cause offenders wider problems in their workplace, social circles etc so maybe they should be glad that up to now they are just getting football bans.

33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You'll be fine if you arrive on time, sit up straight, and don't fidget......!!

17 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Good. Her model supporter seems to be someone who doesn't spout sectarian, homophobic or racist bile. Anyone who does can quite rightly GTF.

Yup. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

I think they would.

I have zero sympathy.

Folk like you are Budgie's dream.

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

As long as it's not sectarian, homophobic, racist or wishing death on anyone, the club should not be banning anyone based on their social media comments.  They have absolutely no right to and it's a very slippery slope.

That said, there are two sides to every story so I wouldn't go chucking the club under the bus yet either without knowing the facts.

Not true. 

You can refuse permission of entry for any thing you want, you need to be careful not to touch discrimination tho. 

Banning all women or no Muslims or all catholics, or example would be breaking the law. 

Hoping  the premises to collapse and then kill lots of men women and children is not against the law, but if you went into a shop, hairdresser's, cafe, or a night club etc you'd likely be removed and told not to come back. 

Think there is more to it, but banning someone from your premises does not need to meet your criteria. 

Also, hoping the stand collapses is wishing for death, so he does meet your criteria now. 

If a rangers fan said this for example-" I hope a stand collapses at the next home game" , given the history he'd be banned just for typing that by the club I reckon. 

How has this thread got so many pages😂 if the boys have been banned then I trust the club it is for the right reasons! If the twitter accounts are anything to go by then I can see why! 

been here before
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Banning all women or no Muslims or all catholics, or example would be breaking the law. 

PC gone mad.

Brighton Jambo
53 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I really hope so.  Because people that don't fit her model have no place in our support.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I really hope so.  Because people that don't fit her model have no place in our support.

:rofl:

57 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I wish you would wake up and stop being so bitter about Ann Budge.

24 minutes ago, Section Q said:

You'll be fine if you arrive on time, sit up straight, and don't fidget......!!

Can I boooooooo?

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

PC gone mad.

Mental, mental mate. 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Can I boooooooo?

You need to attend to booo? 

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:rofl:

If you find that funny you either support sectarian singing, homophobic chanting, general bigotry or perhaps wishing death on some of our staff - which is it?

You are in a minority which is going to get smaller and smaller until you are forced out.  We all want a club with loud passionate fans that sing, chant and shout (legal) abuse at officials and opposition players and fans as part of creating a partisan atmosphere that helps out team on the park.  Ann Budge wants that too.

If there are other things you want to do that isn't included in the above then time to start looking for a new club as the rest of us supporters will be very happy with that.

To steal from another poster - tick tock.

10 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If you find that funny you either support sectarian singing, homophobic chanting, general bigotry or perhaps wishing death on some of our staff - which is it?

You are in a minority which is going to get smaller and smaller until you are forced out.  We all want a club with loud passionate fans that sing, chant and shout (legal) abuse at officials and opposition players and fans as part of creating a partisan atmosphere that helps out team on the park.  Ann Budge wants that too.

If there are other things you want to do that isn't included in the above then time to start looking for a new club as the rest of us supporters will be very happy with that.

It’s against the fan charter to abuse individuals or groups (whether legal or not). Your post could easily be read as inciting fans to break club rules.

Actually might not be fans charter but mentioned on official site in a couple of different sections. No abuse, foul language blah blah..

Edited by GinRummy

35 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

When you see some of the vile stuff posted about her on the various social channels

Those arseholes are the reason why some are never going to be onboard with any protests. The problem is, the normal fans who are pissed off at results need to clearly separate themselves from the dicks who are annoyed at being told they are not welcome due to their unacceptable behaviour. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Not sure about that, but folk hoping our stadium collapses should have no place in our support. 

The Real Maroonblood
44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair enough, was just point out that even if it was for the tweets the club could ban them. 

It's not a court of law. 

If the club wants to ban individuals for just being dicks they can, unlikely but they can. 

Your last sentence is spot on.

A license holder can ban anyone. 

They don't have to give a reason. 

17 hours ago, Gary Locke said:

Club turned into a shambles on and off the park... only thing doing well is the finances all she cares about anyway.

Absolute horse ****.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Once again :rofl:

You know **** all about me so wind your neck back in you sanctimonious blow-hard.

I find the holier-than-thou attitude of folk like you hilarious.

Hopefully your username means that you live in Brighton and are nowhere near Tynecastle. 'Our club' needs more gobby radges from council estates and less pious prigs.

1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

Absolute horse ****.

Yeah complete rubbish. If all she cared about was finances there are a lot safer and more profitable investments than sinking your cash into a football club.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure about that, but folk hoping our stadium collapses should have no place in our support. 

He probably doesn’t hope that though. I once threatened to kill my brother for spilling soup on my new jeans. I was never going to actually kill him.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Your last sentence is spot on.

A license holder can ban anyone. 

They don't have to give a reason. 

Did rangers ban that guy that asked about browns sister, pretty sure they did?

With that in mind, banning a "fan" for hoping the stand collapses isn't that far fetched and would not Suprise me tbh. 

I'm also Suprised that some fans that Likley  sit with friends or family in said stand(s) are not venting a bit more anger at said fan rather than Ann Budge. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He probably doesn’t hope that though. I once threatened to kill my brother for spilling soup on my new jeans. I was never going to actually kill him.

So where is your brother ?

13 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Your comment deserved the response it got.

Nobody is laughing at the sectarianism or homophobic stuff, but the idea that our support is going to be selected on the basis of the morals of an elderly woman is laughable.

If someone breaks the law, they are fair game to ban. Beyond that, it becomes a subjective matter and that is dangerous.

I just hope these guys got refunds.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Did you sit down,  gather your thoughts then type it out?

Where you a father yourself at the time or a teenager? 

Also, did you do it in a premises or in your house or at a families 

Pretty sure if you done it in a bar or a shop 8n full view (like twitter is) you'd be asked to leave and not come back, or the police called!, even if you didn't mean it. 

Again, if it was a rangers fan saying that about Ibrox how do you think it would go down? 

I think it's harsh if only for that, which I find unlikely but rangers just banned a fan asking about browns sister, so you never know. 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

If you get a ban from the club, you should get an immediate ban from KB.

I don’t think that is enough. I think a club official should visit your home and workplace to check you haven’t been looking up any hearts related stuff online, reading the back page of the EEN or communicating with supporters who are not banned.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Pretty sure if you done it in a bar or a shop 8n full view (like twitter is) you'd be asked to leave and not come back, or the police called!, even if you didn't mean it. 

Again, if it was a rangers fan saying that about Ibrox how do you think it would go down? 

I think it's harsh if only for that, which I find unlikely but rangers just banned a fan asking about browns sister, so you never know. 

Hang on, if you were in a pub and your brother spilled your pint and you said "you ****, i'm going to kill you", the bar would likely ban you?

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

All of the above is irrelevant. I’m not defending the guy who got banned but the chances are he said something dumb online and is not a total sociopath. That’s all I’m saying. Saying something and actually wanting that thing to happen are often entirely different. 

6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If you get a ban from the club, you should get an immediate ban from KB.

If you post on KB your Facebook, Twitter and all other social media profiles should be made available to the other posters.

Plus we should all use our own names.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

So you're banned then ?

That would explain why you don't go to games and continually have wee digs at our current owner

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

I know mate. Happy to take it with both barrels.   Though Morgan has got me Shakespeare-ing with rage.  I'm trying too hard to cover my stupidity. 

I thought Morgan had the best response.  You know I was joking about calling you English.  I think calling you glaswegian would've been a different matter...

I'm a buddie, technically. Tho, FTS!