Two supporters banned indefinitely ( updated )

Walter Bishop

51 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Football has moved on, it will never go back to what you remember.  All clubs are moving towards a family friendly environment,  the only two who can’t are Rangers and Celtic.  

So what have we become? A happy clappy accept bottom of the league placid support who is going to tolerate the current situation? 

Worst thing about the current situation is that some have accepted it. How depressing....

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• FruitJuice

• Beast Boy

5 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Have you ever apologized for the colonization of Ireland? 

Stick to the subject,  or go to the particular thread which covers this. Whatabouttery at its finest. 

If I asked if the Motherwell manager ever apologised for wrongly calling Hearts fans racist, what do i have to apologise for?  Unless i missed something in the posters question. 

Whatthefeckary at it's weirdest.

Has anyone actually seen evidence that the bans were lifetime? I would imagine that there is a greater possibility that the bans were indefinite, which is not the same thing.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

If I asked if the Motherwell manager ever apologised for wrongly calling Hearts fans racist, what do i have to apologise for?  Unless i missed something in the posters question. 

Whatthefeckary at it's weirdest.

Nothing to do with the thread. 

9 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I agree that the club have a right to ban anyone they like for as long as they like if it happens at the game.  To ban folk for online stuff that hasn't broken the law is a dodgy road to go down.  Who decides if its immoral rather than illegal?  I dont think this is the case here and happy to see bans to the bigots and racists.  You can see why it's too much of a grey area for a club employee to decide what is immoral.  

Is there not laws about online behaviour nowadays? Maybe they breached them 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

I see. Has the poster got previous for backing up the bigots etc?  I just couldn't see what you were responding so strong too.  

Forget my question about Robinson apologising...

How to bans even work? Id imagine it would actually be pretty easy to get round. Someone else buys you a ticket, put a hat on, don't act in a way that will attract attention to yourself. Its not exactly a border control at the turnstile.

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Two fans banned with much haste for something that was later found to be untrue?

Seems a legitimate point to raise. 

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Has anyone actually seen evidence that the bans were lifetime? I would imagine that there is a greater possibility that the bans were indefinite, which is not the same thing.

:spoton:

YouLetYourClubDie
3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

it was probably more than constructive criticism - probably abusive name calling too

I'm all for getting rid of the neds

No way you are from Hamilton.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Two fans banned with much haste for something that was later found to be untrue?

Seems a legitimate point to raise. 

there is evidence there is truth in this. 

Just now, sadj said:

Is there not laws about online behaviour nowadays? Maybe they breached them 🤷🏻‍♂️

If they have, then fair enough.  I would give let them know that it's a lifetime ban for sectarian, racist stuff.  If it stops them doing it in the first place, then all the better.  I'm glad the club are beginning to take a hardline on this stuff.  It has been getting worse lately.

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ofc, he punched someone. 

Quite right. 

Mean't to add, before that game, before ko the daft hibs that ran o. The pitch in front of the corner and a Hearts fan ran down, jumped over and punched him, then went back into the crowd. 

Surreal. 

Never gets a mention. 

The flares. 

The coin skelping lennons heed. 

Oh, the banter. 

All outrageous and unacceptable, as is wishing a stand to collapse. I’d like to see us confront the behaviour of away fans this season, nothing wrong with righting our wrongs along the way. 

...a bit disco

Anyways, we don't hand out lifetime bans. We hand out indefinite bans.

Big difference.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

I see the grass line as being the start of this. Too many people get offended at very little. 

Too many ***** are arseholes imo. 

Imagine hoping your own teams stadium collapses 

****ing hell. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

“It’s only words”

Used to just be a lyric from a pish song by the Bee Gees. 

Now it’s the stupidest defence a person can use for being a twat.

What a time to be alive.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

“It’s only words”

Used to just be a lyric from a pish song by the Bee Gees. 

Now it’s the stupidest defence a person can use for being a twat.

What a time to be alive.

You Surley mean, what a time to be... 

Staying alive.....? 

14 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

I see the grass line as being the start of this. Too many people get offended at very little. 

Nah, doesn’t make sense that. Someone would need a reason to use the grass line, so it can’t be the start.

When players from all over the world comment on the atmosphere(sorry sadj)atmusfeer at Celtic park,or the curves behind the goals in Italy, the kip etc,are these fans all bams for jumping about and waving banners,or are they revered worldwide for there fanatasism

2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Never mind all that, are you on xbox or ps4? 

Fifa 20 out at the end of the month. 

Ps4 but not sure ill buy it. Set up a fifa 20 thread in the shed. There is usually a few posters who play 👍🏻

YouLetYourClubDie
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Too many ***** are arseholes imo. 

Imagine hoping your own teams stadium collapses 

****ing hell. 

You shouldn't be banned for being an arsehole. If you are bigotted you should but this doesn't seem like the reason here.

42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We should have a free union jack canvas with  every bottle of buckfast giveaway day. 

White ankle socks as well. 

Free white ankle socks, a litre bottle of bucky and union hack canvas for waving about on match day in here if you come in .. Honestly... 

Anyone that turns up, gets banned. 

WTF is wrong with you man ??? You’re a parody. Surely ??

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Ps4 but not sure ill buy it. Set up a fifa 20 thread in the shed. There is usually a few posters who play 👍🏻

Ahh, I sold my ps4 pro and bought the xbox one x. 

Was wanting to give you right going over as well. 

YouLetYourClubDie
7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nah, doesn’t make sense that. Someone would need a reason to use the grass line, so it can’t be the start.

I know for a fact that people have been grassed for being too loud or swearing too much in Secrion N.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, YouLetYourClubDie said:

You shouldn't be banned for being an arsehole. If you are bigotted you should but this doesn't seem like the reason here.

I agree, but like many I suspect there is more to this than the tweet. 

Anyone that hopes your own stadium collapses is a complete **** nugget. 

1 minute ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

I know for a fact that people have been grassed for being too loud or swearing too much in Secrion N.

Really? Crikey, I better watch this weekend then. I’m prone to a wee sweary myself. :(

YouLetYourClubDie
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree, but like many I suspect there is more to this than the tweet. 

Anyone that hopes your own stadium collapses is a complete **** nugget. 

He is obviously pissed off he has been banned. I would be the same though wouldn't say stuff like that on social media though everyone reacts to situations differently and I can see why he is annoyed.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Really? Crikey, I better watch this weekend then. I’m prone to a wee sweary myself. :(

If you’re directing that swearing towards an individual you probably should be careful. Could easily be classed as abusive behaviour. 

YouLetYourClubDie
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That is the way it is going. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, YouLetYourClubDie said:

He is obviously pissed off he has been banned. I would be the same though wouldn't say stuff like that on social media though everyone reacts to situations differently and I can see why he is annoyed.

Being annoyed is one thing, turning on your own support and hoping the stadium collapses because you think we should be doing better / change manger/ owner is quite a leap. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, GinRummy said:

If you’re directing that swearing towards an individual you probably should be careful. Could easily be classed as abusive behaviour. 

Thank **** Scott brown plays in the middle of the pitch, I'd be banned. 

Liam Craig as well, *****. 

41 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

So what have we become? A happy clappy accept bottom of the league placid support who is going to tolerate the current situation? 

Worst thing about the current situation is that some have accepted it. How depressing....

So if fans were allowed to sing bigoted and sectarian songs, we would be further up the table?  Include racist songs and we would have more of a chance winning silverware? I see what you mean!

43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ofc, he punched someone. 

Quite right. 

Mean't to add, before that game, before ko the daft hibs that ran o. The pitch in front of the corner and a Hearts fan ran down, jumped over and punched him, then went back into the crowd. 

Surreal. 

Never gets a mention. 

The flares. 

The coin skelping lennons jacket

Oh, the banter. 

STFY

YouLetYourClubDie
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Being annoyed is one thing, turning on your own support and hoping the stadium collapses because you think we should be doing better / change manger/ owner is quite a leap. 

I am sure on reflection he would regret those comments but if he has been banned for very little I can see why he is so angry.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

So if fans were allowed to sing bigoted and sectarian songs, we would be further up the table?  Include racist songs and we would have more of a chance winning silverware? I see what you mean!

If we can start throwing bananas  again, we'd be up for  the treble. 

Good auld days, eh? 

35 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

there is evidence there is truth in this. 

Did Robinson not say that he had saw the abuse on camera but couldn't provide the evidence?  

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

If we can start throwing bananas  again, we'd be up for  the treble. 

Good auld days, eh? 

This is true  did you know that one of the banana throwing racists emigrated to oz about 18 months after it for a better life?  Sums up the mindset of the average blockhead.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nah, not normally. Should be fine. 

35 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

If you saw someone being racially abused, you wouldn't phone the 'grass line', even if it was a fellow jambo?