Michael Stewart tonight

Whatever

Dallas Green
Just now, innerjambo said:

With the greatest respect to the Levein fan club, he really does need more than 1 win to turn things around. 

I have faith, from what I saw at Motherwell, that will happen.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• Dallas Green

• Boab

Dallas Green
2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

So a manager should just get a clean slate every season? no matter how he has performed in the last one?

Yup. Especially since we brought in better players in the transfer window. This will be his last season as Hearts manager no matter what happens anyway. He will go back upstairs or over to the academy from next season.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Sagan said:

So a manager should just get a clean slate every season? no matter how he has performed in the last one?

If you knew your Hearts history over the last few decades you’d know we often have a good season after a couple of poor ones, often with the same manager. Doddie, JJ, Levein himself all had great seasons after poor ones. I’ll leave it to you to work out why that might be but maybe it’s down to the fact it can take time to build a good team.

Sometimes we even have an exceptional season after a very poor one, and even after a very poor start in that season. 85/86 for example. 

Just now, Dallas Green said:

Yup. Especially since we brought in better players in the transfer window. This will be his last season as Hearts manager no matter what happens anyway. He will go back upstairs or over to the academy from next season.

Every season he brings in new players. Granted, they seem to be a higher standard this time. 

He's also forgetting how poor we were in the league cup group stages, which was this season! 

How do you know that this will be his last season as manager?

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If you knew your Hearts history over the last few decades you’d know we often have a good season after a couple of poor ones, often with the same manager. Doddie, JJ, Levein himself all had great seasons after poor ones. I’ll leave it to you to work out why that might be but maybe it’s down to the fact it can take time to build a good team.

Sometimes we even have an exceptional season after a very poor one, and even after a very poor start in that season. 85/86 for example. 

Different circumstances, different manager.

I don't know how you can use our history as a benchmark.

Dallas Green
Just now, Sagan said:

Every season he brings in new players. Granted, they seem to be a higher standard this time. 

He's also forgetting how poor we were in the league cup group stages, which was this season! 

How do you know that this will be his last season as manager?

His contract is up at the end of the season.

I dont see him staying on no matter how we do. If we win something he will want to move upstairs on a high, if we fail miserably he won't be in a position to carry on as head coach and will move back into his DOF role.

I think over the last few months of the season we will be working behind the scenes to have a new manager in place for the start of pre season.

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

His contract is up at the end of the season.

I dont see him staying on no matter how we do. If we win something he will want to move upstairs on a high, if we fail miserably he won't be in a position to carry on as head coach and will move back into his DOF role.

I think over the last few months of the season we will be working behind the scenes to have a new manager in place for the start of pre season.

I hope he's not still going with the promote from within plan. 

I got a bit suspicious when Gary Naysmith rocked up as loan manager. 

I don't think there is anyone at our club good enough to be our manager. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Different circumstances, different manager.

I don't know how you can use our history as a benchmark.

You seem to think a bad season will follow a bad season. History suggests we’re just as likely to have a good one. So fans who know their history are more likely to think of each season as a fresh start and not a continuation of the previous one.

Guest ToqueJambo

We might or might not. Neilson was good enough to step up. If he’d stayed it looks like Ross would have been too. So it's very possible Levein can spot a coach and will be able to judge how ready a Daly or Kirk or combo with McPhee is. If not we’ll look outside as we did when Dougie Freedman was top of our shortlist.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

You seem to think a bad season will follow a bad season. History suggests we’re just as likely to have a good one. So fans who know their history are more likely to think of each season as a fresh start and not a continuation of the previous one.

No, i just think a bad manager is a bad manager. 

Especially when they're not willing to learn or change their methods. 

Levein's ability as a manager is not up to scratch unfortunately. 

It's going to take a hell of a lot to change my mind.

Guest ToqueJambo

Got to laugh at the BBC’s article on Levein’s comments making out Levein is having a go at fans in the headline when it’s very clear who his main targets are! Looking after their own - cracking journalism.

Guest ToqueJambo

I don’t remember Levein playing a high pressing game or 3 at the back in his previous spells. His Scotland formation vs CR was crazy but definitely novel! I think he actually plays around with formations and things too much rather than being stuck in his ways.

Sure you’re not just seeing what you want to see?

Dallas Green
7 minutes ago, Sagan said:

We won't know if Gary is any good as a manager at Hearts because he isn't in a position of a coach. If anything Andy Kirk would most likely be the one promoted to that spot if it were to happen.

I think our next manager will come from outside the club though. Unless Kirk proves himself as a very good head coach, which tbh he is showing signs of.

doctor jambo
2 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I see the apologists are tag teaming today. Levein is a born loser and if he thinks he is in a strong enough position to come out with this after one win he is mistaken.

Odd, just watched the derby goals reruns on sky anytime........ there is Levein in scoring against Hibs in a win.

There he is in the dugout as Devries scores 4 leaping about like a loon.

Away up in Gorgie

Michael Stewart factoid:

He scored the only goal the last time we won at Parkhead......10 years ago next month!!!  

Got to laugh at the BBC’s article on Levein’s comments making out Levein is having a go at fans in the headline when it’s very clear who his main targets are! Looking after their own - cracking journalism.

It read to me like he was having a go at the fans on here. 

He back tracked a bit by saying it was not the fans at the games. 

He must be ignoring all the booing as well as his performance last season. 

34 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Well he did do that.

We beat Motherwell, comfortably. 

Actually, we didn’t win comfortably. We should have as we played very very well, but it was much closer than it should have been.

I’ve not read the article in question, but Levein surely understands that last season’s league form was unacceptable, injuries or not, and that we need to show massive improvement this season. He also surely understands that the quality of football was shocking for most of last season. And I can’t believe he doesn’t think the Ross County performance was diabolical.

So, whether he’s criticised the fans or not, Levein is an intelligent man and I cannot believe that he doesn’t think criticism is deserved. It’s up to Craig to turn things around, and it would be great if fans could dispense with personal attacks and abuse when unhappy with performances.

Dallas Green
6 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Arguably, his changing of methods and tactics has been his downfall in this spell. He used to play fast and direct, often on the counter. That wasn't what we saw at the end of last season, it was slow and long.

Bizarrely, we played fast, counter attacking football with a high press against Motherwell on Friday and during our run at the start of last season.

Make of that what you will.

34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Oh the irony of folk who see nothing wrong with having a go at Levein and the players day in day out getting annoyed at Levein *maybe* having a go back.

Maybe he'll fluke a good season 2023/24. I suppose it doesn't really matter in your book eh? He'll still have your backing. 

48 minutes ago, Sagan said:

That actually annoyed me when i heard him say that. Like last season should just be forgotten about. 

Why should we go on about last season?

Dallas Green
Just now, amadjambo said:

Actually, we didn’t win comfortably. We should have as we played very very well, but it was much closer than it should have been.

I’ve not read the article in question, but Levein surely understands that last season’s league form was unacceptable, injuries or not, and that we need to show massive improvement this season. He also surely understands that the quality of football was shocking for most of last season. And I can’t believe he doesn’t think the Ross County performance was diabolical.

So, whether he’s criticised the fans or not, Levein is an intelligent man and I cannot believe that he doesn’t think criticism is deserved. It’s up to Craig to turn things around, and it would be great if fans could dispense with personal attacks and abuse when unhappy with performances.

The score wasn't as comfortable as the performance should have dictated.

We were in no worry of losing that game though. 

Comfortably winning doesn't just mean a high scoreline.

He did think the Ross County performance was diabolical. Do you not pay attention to what he actually says?

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don’t remember Levein playing a high pressing game or 3 at the back in his previous spells. His Scotland formation vs CR was crazy but definitely novel! I think he actually plays around with formations and things too much rather than being stuck in his ways.

Sure you’re not just seeing what you want to see?

Not really, 

He has a way of playing and he'll put players out of position to suit his way, rather than use them to their strengths. 

Last season he had Uche up on his own as a target man, Uche got injured and he put Wighton on to do that job (failed miserably)

Vanacek scored goals at his last club and played with another forward, sometimes 2! 

He comes to hearts and he's stuck up there on his own and asked to be the target man. 

It's painful to see.

I think we'll see the same thing with Washington, Probably capable of getting a few goals but he seems to be doing all the work up front. 

a #9 needs players doing the work for him. 

Edited by Sagan

8 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Why should we go on about last season?

I'd rather not to be honest but it would be stupid to forget it. 

A manager would have a job for life if that was the case. 

Away up in Gorgie

Levein :rofl:

You really need to tip your hat to such a world class chancer. He talks as if he's doing us all a favor when in reality he's at Hearts because nobody else is in the least bit interested in him. 

"I don't see how I can change it" - maybe win some football games yah ****ing tube.

"Normally you would get halfway through a season before you are judged on how things are going, now you don't even get to the start of season. It is crazy." - shows the arrogance of the man after the shitshow he has overseen and the money he has wasted for over 2 years.

As I've said before never has a man who has achieved so little loved himself so much! He really is a complete bellend these days.

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Quick close JKB - open for comment only to winners in first class football.  😂

Reminds me of when people were questioning the new stand. 

6 minutes ago, Sagan said:

I'd rather not to be honest but it would be stupid to forget it. 

A manager would have a job for life if that was the case. 

Indeed. I remember on here how the slow start to the 11-12 season was deemed as the last straw for Jim Jefferies.

Even though he’d walked Hearts to third spot the season before, the foot came off the pedal in the last 12 matches and that was held against him jointly with the slow start.  

People forget this. 

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Maybe he'll fluke a good season 2023/24. I suppose it doesn't really matter in your book eh? He'll still have your backing. 

Hope he’s heading back upstairs as DOF next summer personally.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Indeed. I remember on here how the slow start to the 11-12 season was deemed as the last straw for Jim Jefferies.

Even though he’d walked Hearts to third spot the season before, the foot came off the pedal in the last 12 matches and that was held against him jointly with the slow start.  

People forget this. 

Held against him by Romanov? I certainly didn’t want JJ to leave.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Held against him by Romanov? I certainly didn’t want JJ to leave.

I’m not accusing every supporter mate. It was an opinion that some held, in fact, quite a lot.  

Bit similar to the situ just now with the current manager. 

Hope he’s heading back upstairs as DOF next summer personally.

Not for me. 

He has too much influence. Any new manager would constantly get questioned about who signs the players etc. 

Plus, No decent manager would take the job knowing that Levein was there making decisions.

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Not really, 

He has a way of playing and he'll put players out of position to suit his way, rather than use them to their strengths. 

Last season he had Uche up on his own as a target man, Uche got injured and he put Wighton on to do that job (failed miserably)

Vanacek scored goals at his last club and played with another forward, sometimes 2! 

He comes to hearts and he's stuck up there on his own and asked to be the target man. 

It's painful to see.

I think we'll see the same thing with Washington, Probably capable of getting a few goals but he seems to be doing all the work up front. 

a #9 needs players doing the work for him. 

You really believe Levein used Wighton as a “target man”!! 😂

So far this season he’s signed three attacking goal scoring midfielders and two defensive mids plus a defender who likes to score and play football.

How do you think he wants us to play?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m not accusing every supporter mate. It was an opinion that some held, in fact, quite a lot.  

Bit similar to the situ just now with the current manager. 

Some fans clearly grew up with Romanovs hire em fire em strategy and think thats the way to go.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A harsh term I agree - but the fact is that Levein has won nothing in football either as a player or a Manager.

And the only man in the history of the game to be in that position. Remarkable eh?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Not for me. 

He has too much influence. Any new manager would constantly get questioned about who signs the players etc. 

Plus, No decent manager would take the job knowing that Levein was there making decisions.

This might surprise you but not everyone thinks Levein is the antichrist.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

You really believe Levein used Wighton as a “target man”!! 😂

So far this season he’s signed three attacking goal scoring midfielders and two defensive mids plus a defender who likes to score and play football.

How do you think he wants us to play?

Who are the 3 attacking goal scoring midfielders he's signed?

Walker who seems to have constant injury problems and Naismith that can't string 2 games together?

Who's the 3rd one?

I honestly think we could have liverpool's first 11 and Levein would have them playing shit. 

Byyy The Light
5 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Not for me. 

You’re some slavour. 

Alex Kintner

I’m as pissed off as anyone of how things have went this season but the desperation of some to have a go at Levein is seriously entertaining. Imagine having jimmies that are so easily rustled. Life must be one big long Harambe-shaped nightmare for these people. :rofl:

378.gif

15 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

You’re some slavour. 

It's true. 

Have you been hiding under a rock for the last 3 years?

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Well that would be wrong. What I want is for Craig to shut the **** up, and start doing his talking with better play and results on the field. He's getting far too involved in spats with Stewart and some of the fans, when he should be concentrating on turning our form around. 

Even by Levein's standards that was arrogant garbage. He doesn't like being accountable to anyone far less criticised. The idea that you have to have managed to comment, far less criticise, is arrant nonsense. Some ex-players are actually capable enough to turn their hand to earning a few quid away from football, while commenting on a part time basis. He needs to show a bit more humility and realise that he has been judged on 2 consecutive 6th place finishes and a stuttering start to this season, while being allowed to buy about 35 players in the process. Sly digs at fans, that will still be here long after him,  are the final act of a desperate man.

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Sagan said:

That actually annoyed me when i heard him say that. Like last season should just be forgotten about. 

Yep he should have kept his powder dry until he achieved some consistency. If he doesn't he is going to look very stupid.

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Even by Levein's standards that was arrogant garbage. He doesn't like being accountable to anyone far less criticised. The idea that you have to have managed to comment, far less criticise, is arrant nonsense. Some ex-players are actually capable enough to turn their hand to earning a few quid away from football, while commenting on a part time basis. He needs to show a bit more humility and realise that he has been judged on 2 consecutive 6th place finishes and a stuttering start to this season, while being allowed to buy about 35 players in the process. Sly digs at fans, that will still be here long after him,  are the final act of a desperate man.

Exactly

For anyone to think that a decent manager that is his own man (which you need to be to be a good manager) would want to work with him is delusional to say the least. He's too far up his own arse. 

Edited by Sagan

3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yep he should have kept his powder dry until he achieved some consistency. If he doesn't he is going to look very stupid.

I hope to hell we turn into a great football team but with the same tactics and same ideas and zero shape, i just can't see it. 

We have a mixture of talented youngsters and experienced older players that have played at a higher level, there really shouldn't be any excuse now. 

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly this, he really is backing himself into a corner now if things don't improve rapidly............... How to win friends and influence people, by Craig Levein.

:sadrobbo:

grumpyespana

After Craigs quick exit at the end of his press thing today he can still do a job for the team at the back lol its the funniest thing I have seen in a while it made me laugh.

Away up in Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Great post. You would think with the nick of his cv he’d keep out of unnecessary spats and the bringing of attention to his continual failures but his self importance is everything, to hell with Hearts!

His shameful record in Glasgow should again be under huge scrutiny as we approach the weekend with just 1pt in the league so far but instead we have him deflecting and talking complete bs as usual. He should be spending every working minute on the training field with the first team trying to turnaround the utter shitshow he and his bootboys have created instead of us having to listen to his meek sound bites and attempts at comedy. Sadly we all know success is secondary to Craig Levein being his focal point! 

1 hour ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Michael Stewart factoid:

He scored the only goal the last time we won at Parkhead......10 years ago next month!!!  

Freak goal. He was trying to kick a water bottle at the time.

Away up in Gorgie
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Michael Stewart can hide behind his microphone and the media outlets give him carte blanche to spew forth with his bile towards Levein.

In fact they encourage it. 

The fact is that Stewart has been a gobby wee shite since he was in nappies; believe me because I know and one or two on here will know where I am coming from. 

He has achieved the square root of feck all, apart from being semi articulate. 

Our manager has his faults, but who is perfect, and there are some on here who really only defend Stewart because they want Levein out. 

What has Levein achieved? 

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

The score wasn't as comfortable as the performance should have dictated.

We were in no worry of losing that game though. 

Comfortably winning doesn't just mean a high scoreline.

He did think the Ross County performance was diabolical. Do you not pay attention to what he actually says?

Talk about taking comments out of context. Is that really what you got from my post?

Great start to the day.  Well said Craig.  Social media is junk and so is the Man Utd legend.

I don't regard JKB as social media.  If I did I wouldnt be on it.  I'm on no other type of forum or any social media.