Michael Stewart tonight

Whatever

2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

It was a relief to get a win. I enjoyed it more than i have any other game in the lat 6 months i suppose. 

See when Naismith came on against Aberdeen and scored straight away... That was a feeling i hadn't had in a long time. 

Then we threw it away. 

Kinda contradicts your comment up the page, bud.

Both enjoyable games but one good result.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• Dallas Green

• Boab

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Kinda contradicts your comment up the page, bud.

Both enjoyable games but one good result.

Not really, My point was that we played good football at one point. Watch those highlights i posted again. 

When was the last time we played like that?

Paterson was on another level and won as matches a lot of the time,  we were never going to keep him, but not keeping hold of the hearts boys that were friends was a mistake. 

We should of made sure Nicholson and Walker stayed.

if you have 3 players that are close and give a shit, you're on to a winner.  Signing a million randoms... nah. 

Edited by Sagan

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve been reading quite a few posts on here about how we’re gonna pump this lot and that lot. On the back of one decent win. 

Not really sure what angle you’re coming from here. 

How does a degree of confidence and support in your club translate into “world beaters”?

id be interested to see posts, ( serious ones) that suggest we are somehow serious contenders for silverware, let alone beating the world. 

That’s my angle. My angle is questioning hyperbole. 

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

What has Levein achieved? 

In one season he got us to a cup semi final and a Scottish cup final, we are one game away from a second consecutive league cup semi final.  Given we have only won the cup 3 times in 50 odd years that is a better cup record than most our managers.  Before you retort I’m not saying that is amazing but is better than the majority of managers we have had in the last few decades 

he also had us riding high at the top of the league for the first few months of last season playing good football.  Yes we fell away but again how many previous managers have even managed that.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Not really, My point was that we played good football at one point. Watch those highlights i posted again. 

When was the last time we played like that?

Paterson was on another level and won as matches a lot of the time,  we were never going to keep him, but not keeping hold of the hearts boys that were friends was a mistake. 

We should of made sure Nicholson and Walker stayed.

if you have 3 players that are close and give a shit, you're on to a winner.  Signing a million randoms... nah. 

I hear you. 

I think we can still show flashes of what we can do. Last Friday was a case in point. 

We need to do it more consistently tho.

Away up in Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

In one season he got us to a cup semi final and a Scottish cup final, we are one game away from a second consecutive league cup semi final.  Given we have only won the cup 3 times in 50 odd years that is a better cup record than most our managers.  Before you retort I’m not saying that is amazing but is better than the majority of managers we have had in the last few decades 

he also had us riding high at the top of the league for the first few months of last season playing good football.  Yes we fell away but again how many previous managers have even managed that.  

Are you employed as a spin doctor?! If not you should be 👍

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not sure what's more tedious. The Levein v Stewart grudge match or the shite attempts at trolling on this thread.

Bridge of Djoum

Be interesting to compose a list of well known mangers/players who are “born losers”. Assuming born losers means having not won a major trophy. 

I’ll open with Matt Le Tissier, born loser written all over him. 

Id argue the list would contain individuals far more accomplished in their field than those who call others born losers. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

How does a degree of confidence and support in your club translate into “world beaters”?

id be interested to see posts, ( serious ones) that suggest we are somehow serious contenders for silverware, let alone beating the world. 

That’s my angle. My angle is questioning hyperbole. 

So I’ve to trawl back through numerous threads to find posts to satisfy you tonight have I? I’m all for people getting behind the team and looking at things more positively but if you say you haven’t seen any then fine man. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, jack D and coke said:

So I’ve to trawl back through numerous threads to find posts to satisfy you tonight have I? I’m all for people getting behind the team and looking at things more positively but if you say you haven’t seen any then fine man. 

No you don’t as I’m fully confident no one called us world beaters. 

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Sagan said:

This is what makes a Hearts team. 

Screen-Shot-2016-10-27-at-121955.png

Steven Pressley's Carlisle have got off to a poor start and Steven Pressley will be saying that is not what is expected of a Steven Pressley team especially since the players are Steven Pressley's signings. They will have to show the necessary desire and effort if they want to be in a Steven Pressley team otherwise Steven Pressley's peg will soon be of the shoogly variety.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

No you don’t as I’m fully confident no one called us world beaters. 

Ffs :lol: 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Ffs :lol: 

Those were your words, mate. As I said, just challenging hyperbole. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, Sagan said:

This is what makes a Hearts team. 

Screen-Shot-2016-10-27-at-121955.png

People who hold press conferences and then slither away without a call to action, allowing the hard of thinking to scapegoat players like Miko?

When was the last time we got any points off Sevco?

Neilson's last game?

Not good enough. 

Cathro’s team pumped them 4-1.

Bridge of Djoum

Neilson's last game?

Not good enough. 

You come across like a Russian bot on a Trump Tweet. 

What was your proudest moment as a Hearts fan?

queensferryjambo

Neilson's last game?

Not good enough. 

Just now, Boab said:

Cathro’s team pumped them 4-1.

Which was one of the best nights I can remember watching Hearts ever. The place was absolutely bouncing Boab

Which makes it so weird when it was in the Cathro era which was absolutely dire.

queensferryjambo
Just now, Sagan said:

Well remembered

What does that say for Levein as manager 

His teams only Score 4 against Celtic and not Rangers?

Just now, queensferryjambo said:

His teams only Score 4 against Celtic and not Rangers?

A one off and a great day. 

If we want to beat celtic now we'll need to bring lafferty back unfortunately. 

Just now, Sagan said:

Well remembered

I don’t care what is says.

I dislike Stewart’s attacks on him, which is what this thread should be about.

I will defend any Hearts manager against someone who couldn’t kick their own arse....and done so, live on TV !

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Sagan said:

Well remembered

Well said...

A worthy reminder why it pays not to be a paid member here. Blatant trolling. 

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You come across like a Russian bot on a Trump Tweet. 

What was your proudest moment as a Hearts fan?

Hard one. 

Probably when we beat Rangers in the cup final. Fulton driving into the box, penalty. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Boab said:

I don’t care what is says.

I dislike Stewart’s attacks on him, which is what this thread should be about.

I will defend any Hearts manager against someone who couldn’t kick their own arse....and done so, live on TV !

The problem is the whole thing has turned into "he said, she said". Some of Stewart's criticism of Levein this season has been spot on. Some of what Levein said in the press conference is spot on. However, because it has become so personal then anything insightful or constructive is lost.

You're an arse eh? 

Why would being a paid member make any difference? 

If i donated 20 quid, would that make me worth listening to?

Get a grip. 

Bridge of Djoum

Hard one. 

Probably when we beat Rangers in the cup final. Fulton driving into the box, penalty. 

:notsure::notsure:

Did you read the question?

Bridge of Djoum

You're an arse eh? 

Why would being a paid member make any difference? 

If i donated 20 quid, would that make me worth listening to?

Get a grip. 

Try reading the comment again. 

queensferryjambo

A one off and a great day. 

If we want to beat celtic now we'll need to bring lafferty back unfortunately. 

To be fair Levein's team has beaten Celtic twice which apart from Kilmarnock is better than any other team in the league.

I have watched Hearts for decades and beating both the Old Firm teams has always been one offs. We have never genuinely beaten them consistently apart from from maybe 85/86 and of course when the great Tommy McLean was in charge - yes his record was very good vs Old Firm shame it was shit against everyone else. 

There's quite an obsession with JKB prominent on these last few pages.

It's not about Hearts, its not really about Levein. 

It's sad as **** is what it is. 

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Try reading the comment again. 

Nah, i don't think i'll bother. You're another one that doesn't add anything to this forum.  Not worth talking to. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Sagan said:

Nah, i don't think i'll bother. You're another one that doesn't add anything to this forum.  Not worth talking to. 

Quite right, chief. You live your life in blissful ignorance, separated from reason and debate. Way to go, little buddy. 

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Quite right, chief. You live your life in blissful ignorance, separated from reason and debate. Way to go, little buddy. 

You've just described yourself there. 

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The problem is the whole thing has turned into "he said, she said". Some of Stewart's criticism of Levein this season has been spot on. Some of what Levein said in the press conference is spot on. However, because it has become so personal then anything insightful or constructive is lost.

Their personalities won’t allow for them to back off though, Geoff. Probably why it looks petty at times.

I’ll back the Hearts manager every time. 

I’m as bad as them !

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair the worst of the Levein Oot lot are very conspicuous by their absence on every thread poking fun at Hibs.

Can't speak for everyone but I'm more concerned about my own team rather than poking fun at Hibs or whoever else.  In pre social media days you had banter with mates who were Hibs and then 90 mins of tribalism every time a derby came around. 

queensferryjambo
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

To be fair to Levein he never said a word about Stewart or even made an attempt to retaliate for easily a couple of years of criticism. 

I quite liked it when Levein never gave Stewart the attention he craved. Then Levein got so fed up of it he made the £1 wasted on Stewart comments. 

If you look at the entire history of the Levein vs Stewart saga you will see that genuinely Levein hasn't actually said too much about Stewart. Stewart however has a few digs a week on the radio, TV and in print.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, queensferryjambo said:

To be fair to Levein he never said a word about Stewart or even made an attempt to retaliate for easily a couple of years of criticism. 

I quite liked it when Levein never gave Stewart the attention he craved. Then Levein got so fed up of it he made the £1 wasted on Stewart comments. 

If you look at the entire history of the Levein vs Stewart saga you will see that genuinely Levein hasn't actually said too much about Stewart. Stewart however has a few digs a week on the radio, TV and in print.

I agree that Stewart has said more and the fact that the grudge has been there ever since Stewart first joined us and didn't waltz into the side as Billy Big Baws from Manchester United has eaten at him all these years. It's quite tragic.

23 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Neilson's last game?

Not good enough. 

Cathro did them over 4-1 iirc.

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Can't speak for everyone but I'm more concerned about my own team rather than poking fun at Hibs or whoever else.  In pre social media days you had banter with mates who were Hibs and then 90 mins of tribalism every time a derby came around. 

Yet you’ve consistently referenced Hibs in relation to our own travails. 

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, Sagan said:

You've just described yourself there. 

Which is why I fully endorse your stance.

Right, change of subject, I'm going to the chippy, what should i get?

Baring in mind that i don't want to wait. 

Been waiting enough for us to play football. 

Edited by Sagan

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Prof said:

Another one who spouts the usual drivel if anyone disagrees with him. If you were a Hearts fan you would hear the abuse and criticism since last October. Or do you think the boos after home games are a sign of support for CL. MS is only saying what at least half of the support think.

He goes too far and is rabid tho.

Not one Hearts fan hasn't criticised us or think things are great, we all know we need to improve. No one has every denied that.

We have booed after every defeat since I started going to games, that is not a new thing. Every boo after a defeat isn't a request to sack the manager, ffs.

If you can't see the difference between debate and a balanced opinion to what MS offers then we are at a stalemate.

The boy is a baw bag.

Any valid points he may have are lost in his completed obsession and as I said if you listen to him last week I cannot see how you disagree. Championed the sacking of him the entire build up and when we went ahead and then looked like winning he was silent. Don't think he even appeared after we won.

He's a Complete and utter vagina when it comes to us.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Right, change of subject, I'm going to the chippy, what should i get?

Baring in mind that i don't want to wait. 

Been waiting enough for us to play football. 

:what:

Get a smoked sausage and batter it off  yer heed.

Don't bother with salt, just add your tears, they are salty enough.

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Yet you’ve consistently referenced Hibs in relation to our own travails. 

Of course I have because that's who we measure ourselves against.  If they come back up and finish ahead of us right away and then do it again the following season, while changing manager halfway through, ...it's kind of relevant isn't it? Not sure we're in a position to "poke fun" at anyone tbh.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He goes too far and is rabid tho.

Not one Hearts fan hasn't criticised us or think things are great, we all know we need to improve. No one has every denied that.

We have booed after every defeat since I started going to games, that is not a new thing. Every boo after a defeat isn't a request to sack the manager, ffs.

If you can't see the difference between debate and a balanced opinion to what MS offers then we are at a stalemate.

The boy is a baw bag.

Any valid points he may have are lost in his completed obsession and as I said if you listen to him last week I cannot see how you disagree. Championed the sacking of him the entire build up and when we went ahead and then looked like winning he was silent. Don't think he even appeared after we won.

He's a Complete and utter vagina when it comes to us.

Why did you want the Hibs to win the cup ?