Michael Stewart tonight

Whatever

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Stewart hates Levein, Levein hates Stewart. Wow.

Stewart is a Hearts fan with a platform none of us have and he says it like it is. It`s hard to disagree with him most of the time. 

Tbh Walter I don't think Levein hates Stewart. He's a total irrelevance to Levein but fun to wind up when he has his rants. Although it's all a bit too easy for Levein when it comes to put-downs regarding M Stewart. 

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• Dallas Green

• Boab

The Internet
3 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Michaelstewartparanoia.com on kickback as always.

We have been awful since we got promoted and horrendous under levein as manager other than 10 game run where off top of my head we were pretty rotten away from home at lillie and Motherwell and got fortunate wins...

What nice things are the snowflakes on here wanting/expecting to hear when a pundits are asked to comment hearts exactly? So delusional its unreal

It's not so much what he says as the folk who go on like he's uncovering some absolutely stunning revelation when he says it. 

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Stewart hates Levein, Levein hates Stewart. Wow.

Stewart is a Hearts fan with a platform none of us have and he says it like it is. It`s hard to disagree with him most of the time. 

not really.. he Has entirely lost his objectivity, more than happy to have a go at the club no matter what.. **** was virtually silent when we were on top against Motherwell 😂 he’s pathetic 

I don’t dislike Michael Stewart and I think he’s one of the best pundits we have in Scotland.

Unfortunately I disregard every single thing he says about Hearts (justified or otherwise) as I don’t trust that his opinion comes from a balanced position due to his feelings about Craig Levein.

Simple as that really.

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Anyone have any luck with this?

Ok...three positive things. Surely that'll be easier. Even Stewart will have said three?

Can anyone find 1/2/3/4/5 positive things Levein said about the remaining 5 months of that season ?

I really don't get the seethe about Stewart. If you don't like what he says don't tune in. 

annushorribilis III
Just now, Zlatanable said:

mate, naebady tunes in tae hear Mikey dumbkopf Stewart

I don't. I couldn't care less. 

Dallas Green
6 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

Can anyone find 1/2/3/4/5 positive things Levein said about the remaining 5 months of that season ?

I really don't get the seethe about Stewart. If you don't like what he says don't tune in. 

The seethe is about his blatant agenda against our manager and the fact he is given multiple platforms to spew it from. 

You should be able to tune in to a football broadcast and not have to listen to his agenda driven shite. 

I think it’s ironic in that Stewart has strengthened support for Levein by just pissing a lot of us off with his nonsense.

It’s disappointing that Sutton is the only one of his fellow pundits calling him out on it.

3 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

The seethe is about his blatant agenda against our manager and the fact he is given multiple platforms to spew it from. 

You should be able to tune in to a football broadcast and not have to listen to his agenda driven shite. 

I think part of the problem is that Mikie Stewart is on the radio/tv frequently and doesn't generally say the same story verbatim. He's smart and doesn't want to be one of the naff pundits so his criticism weekly is on the same theme with a new element added. 

We all come along and it's "what's the new moan about this week?"

If Stewart wasn't on the radio weekly - we'd not be having this debate on Kickback and I'd think most people would be more objective to his critique. We're just fed up of the negativity thing over and over.

Edited by Mysterion

15 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

We're just fed up of the negativity thing over and over.

The reason for the negativity is patently obvious. CL now has a very decent group of players to challenge even the OF. If he cannot get a decent set of results now then he never will.

21 minutes ago, Prof said:

The reason for the negativity is patently obvious. CL now has a very decent group of players to challenge even the OF. If he cannot get a decent set of results now then he never will.

Not good enough to challenge the old firm but should be in the mix with Aberdeen/Hibs. 

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, naeclue said:

I think it’s ironic in that Stewart has strengthened support for Levein by just pissing a lot of us off with his nonsense.

It’s disappointing that Sutton is the only one of his fellow pundits calling him out on it.

I wouldn't expect Craigan to say anything that might sound like he actually likes Hearts. He is a grade A walloper 

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I wouldn't want Craigan to say anything that might sound like he actually likes Hearts. He is a grade A walloper 

FTFY, mate. 

jack D and coke

We lost to Motherwell and people’s tune would be different. I’ve read some equally stupid pish that we’re now world beaters on the back of it, this place is schizophrenic man it’s funny how much it sways wildly back and forward. 

I agree he prattles on about it a lot bit he’s only saying the things ive been reading on here for months and months. 

He needs to start pulling Hecky tho...

I won’t hold my breath. 

SectionDJambo

I don’t tend to see much of the tv football that Michael Stewart is involved with. So I can’t comment on his attitude towards Hearts or Levein.

However, he would maybe carry more authority if he hadn’t been such an ultimate failure as a Hearts player, whose behaviour on the pitch suggested an irrational personality, at best. At worst, he was a player who continually blamed other players for his shortcomings by flaying his arms about and pointing fingers if things weren’t going well for him. Then there is the cringeworthy episode of him slipping on his behind during another fit of rage after being sent off.

What exactly has he achieved in his professional life in football that would suggest we should hang on every word he says about Hearts?

Craig Levein is a character who attracts much criticism, maybe with some substance, but I’d be more inclined to listen to the opinion of someone connected to our club who had actually contributed something tangible during their Hearts career, not someone who failed to do this.

I see this thread is STILL ongoing! I said (probably some pages ago now, or maybe even on another one) that what Stewart has said isn't that different to what the fans are saying anyway. This thing about Stewart hating Levein, Levein hating Stewart....who the fk cares!?

I've seen Stewart having a go at all clubs during his punditry, not just Hearts. A lot of folk on here either can't take their heads out the sand or take the maroon-tinted specs off. They look for every tiny thing he says to try to prove a point. Yes, he doesn't like what he sees during Hearts games, none of us do, what's wrong with that? The fact is, he has the media platform that we, the fans don't. Even the ones that disagree with him know deep down if they're truthful with themselves, he's right in what he says but are too stubborn to back off. If Hearts were playing good quality of football he would have nothing to criticise and folk looking to find any wee small thing that Stewart says wouldn't be posting on here whinging about him.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

I see this thread is STILL ongoing! I said (probably some pages ago now, or maybe even on another one) that what Stewart has said isn't that different to what the fans are saying anyway. This thing about Stewart hating Levein, Levein hating Stewart....who the fk cares!?

I've seen Stewart having a go at all clubs during his punditry, not just Hearts. A lot of folk on here either can't take their heads out the sand or take the maroon-tinted specs off. They look for every tiny thing he says to try to prove a point. Yes, he doesn't like what he sees during Hearts games, none of us do, what's wrong with that? The fact is, he has the media platform that we, the fans don't. Even the ones that disagree with him know deep down if they're truthful with themselves, he's right in what he says but are too stubborn to back off. If Hearts were playing good quality of football he would have nothing to criticise and folk looking to find any wee small thing that Stewart says wouldn't be posting on here whinging about him.

He is unable to praise anything to do with the club when there is positive news. That's what reveals his agenda and blatant bias.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Why was he in such a bad mood because Hearts won ?

So much so that he swerved the after match discussion.

I can't stand the man in fact I avoid Sportscene because of him.

No choice when a Hearts game is on BT unfortunately. 

I have to say I have no time for pundits in general though.

If I had my way all we need is one commentator to help identify players. 

It's become a gravy train this punditry and second commentator stuff.

Guest ToqueJambo
54 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I don’t mind a commentator with a sidekick ex player as cocommentator who provides interesting insights into players, incidents and tactics from a playing perspective. 

That’s not what stewart and craigen did the other night though. They behaved like pundits and just chatted through the game, eg stewart having a big rant about the handball rule. That should be left for the pundits to discuss at the end. 

Bazzas right boot
22 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Michaelstewartparanoia.com on kickback as always.

We have been awful since we got promoted and horrendous under levein as manager other than 10 game run where off top of my head we were pretty rotten away from home at lillie and Motherwell and got fortunate wins...

What nice things are the snowflakes on here wanting/expecting to hear when a pundits are asked to comment hearts exactly? So delusional its unreal

3rd, 6th and 6th isn't horrendous 

Lc sf and sc final last season isn't horrendous. 

Our away form was on par with e ery season and in fact was better than average in terms of wins, if anything our home form cost us last season. 

Room for improvement, yes, need for improvement-yes. 

His personal agenda is clear, he doesn't have a go at hibs or Aberdeen for declining from the season before, he just goes in about Hearts and in particular - CL. 

Any Hearts fan on Stewarts side of the fence is a complete chicken dinner. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

His personal disagreements with CL are beyond a joke now. 

Craigan was a dick as well. 

1st pk- never, never etc. 

Hearts goal, handball. 

Walker being pushed - Craigan said something like " it was a push, but not enough contact to go down" 

Him and Craigan were that biased that Sutton and McCoist were the voices of balance and reason, that tells you everything. 

Maroon Sailor

Even worse with the second (ex player) post match interviewer. Carragher alongside Geoff Shreeves interviewing a manager is pointless but SKY are always trying to change things and be the first to do everything

SpruceBringsteen
2 hours ago, jambonian said:

He wants Hearts to lose every single game we play whilst Levein is in charge. That makes him a ****ing helmet, and that goes for any other Hearts "fan" who agrees with him.

6 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

He wants Hearts to lose every single game we play whilst Levein is in charge. That makes him a ****ing helmet, and that goes for any other Hearts "fan" who agrees with him.

:spoton:

Really wish A View From The Terrace becomes bigger and includes SPFL highlights for the top flight replacing Sportscene. Their first season was a great watch, and they grew more into the TV role as the season went on.

Edited by kila

Couldn't agree with you more.   One commentator and less chat.

TV is there to SHOW us the football and, if you want the drivel, listen to the radio and, if you want all the stats, read it all online.

Option of crowd sound only would be good as well.

6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Couldn't agree with you more.   One commentator and less chat.

TV is there to SHOW us the football and, if you want the drivel, listen to the radio and, if you want all the stats, read it all online.

Option of crowd sound only would be good as well.

Said this before, Colin.

You are still tuning into their channel. I want to watch the game, not listen to people prattling on. Have watched games on betting channels with no commentary, just crowd audio. Perfect. 

11 hours ago, Barack said:

Don't think you grasped the point.

This confirms it.

18 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

The seethe about Stewart is more about his complete lack of objectivity and balance toward Hearts. Levein is not relevant to this outside of Stewart’s hatred for him and choice never to mention him by name. Stewart never gives any credit to Hearts. I used to enjoy his analysis but he has no credibility now due to the above reasons. 

As Barack said you would be struggling to find any positive comment from Stewart about Hearts in the last few years. 

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Said this before, Colin.

You are still tuning into their channel. I want to watch the game, not listen to people prattling on. Have watched games on betting channels with no commentary, just crowd audio. Perfect. 

Did sky not offer crowd noise only for a while?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Aye, was red button option on the BBC during the World Cups I think. Meant losing HD quality, though was sometimes worth the tradeoff depending who was commentating (I'm sure I used it to shut Michael Owen up).

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Just seen post after yours, mate. Wasn’t aware of that but good idea.

Dallas Green
5 hours ago, jambonian said:

Yes, he doesn't like what he sees during Hearts games, none of us do, what's wrong with that? 

Thats not true.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 19/08/2019 at 20:10, ToqueJambo said:

You think 3rd place and challenging for at least 3rd the next season until Neilson left was awful? Good luck in your Hearts supporting career. Its going to be a painful ride for you.

Sorry: 

3rd

Challenging for second

Cup final

League Cup final

Lets stick to facts rather than missing some out.

Not bad for 4 years back in the top league after nearly going bust. Just as if not better than the Huns recovery.

Can we be better - yes? Will we be - yes.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, sadj said:

They did in the early days of the EPL

They have tactical cam now where you can see the pitch as if you are in the main stand (without commentary)

17 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They did in the early days of the EPL

They have tactical cam now where you can see the pitch as if you are in the main stand (without commentary)

Any other channels offer this facility ?

TV companies could save themselves a fortune by allowing people to watch the games in peace without the usual overpaid know alls.

18 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Thats not true.

Ok, tell that to all the fans that booed at the final whistle of the Ross County game and many others over the last 9 or 10 months they're wrong. If you find 4 league wins through 2019 acceptable then that's absolutely your right.

Dallas Green
52 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Ok, tell that to all the fans that booed at the final whistle of the Ross County game and many others over the last 9 or 10 months they're wrong. If you find 4 league wins through 2019 acceptable then that's absolutely your right.

You are factually incorrect by saying all fans.

I never booed at the Ross County game, my dad didn't and neither did the old boys behind me. We were disappointed in the performance for sure. Then on Friday night in the pissing rain at Motherwell I was very pleased with what I saw, as were the vast majority of fans in the away end.

So I will say it again, you are incorrect that "none of us" like what we are seeing. 

3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Craig having a not so subtle dig at MS today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49436319

Ones who haven't, who just open their mouth and let a load of crap come out. You have to have been in that position, worn somebody's shoes before I think you have the right to criticise. A lot of it just now is just noise from people who are experts at making noise

:levein_interesting:

GorgieFifeLife
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Craig having a not so subtle dig at MS today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49436319

Also a not so subtle dig at fans. Must be getting brave after one win. He seems to think he should be judged halfway through this season and not the seasons previous to this where the football has been a joke.

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Ones who haven't, who just open their mouth and let a load of crap come out. You have to have been in that position, worn somebody's shoes before I think you have the right to criticise. A lot of it just now is just noise from people who are experts at making noise

:levein_interesting:

I love when a man who is very articulate just says “open their mouth and let a load of crap come out” superb , very true though. I’m sure people will use it and twist it to he’s disrespecting the pissed off supporters however. 

There is people on here who just shout and shout and shout then go silent rather than praise anything good. Stewart falls in to that category and it makes his credibility non-existant

2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Also a not so subtle dig at fans. Must be getting brave after one win. He seems to think he should be judged halfway through this season and not the seasons previous to this where the football has been a joke.

Always one , aye he will be slating the fans because they say bad things on the internet he won’t be talking about people in the media with agenda’s. 🙈🙈🙈 have a word

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, sadj said:

Always one , aye he will be slating the fans because they say bad things on the internet he won’t be talking about people in the media with agenda’s. 🙈🙈🙈 have a word

He is not just talking about the media he makes reference to fans in the article. Read it before you come on here spouting your crap.

Dallas Green
5 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

That's not true.

Although if it was... good :verysmug:

2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

He is not just talking about the media he makes reference to fans in the article. Read it before you come on here spouting your crap.

I’ve read the article and i don’t see anything wrong with it. You are another one who needs to be offended at everything. He isn’t having a go at supporters who are rational , its a pop at people who shout loudest. The social media part fair enough that could be about supporters but to me its still clearly aimed at Stewart and the likes

Edited by sadj