Michael Stewart tonight

Whatever

Away up in Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

More than Michael Stewart. I don't know how old you are but I remember Levein as being the best central defender I have ever seen in the maroon jersey.  

You can't compare him with Stewart because only one of them has had the cojones to be a manager while the other has spouted pish all his footballing life.

What a load of pish. Nobody is disputing how good Levein was 30 years ago as a defender. The fact he’s acting like a cockwomble and failing year in year out at Hearts are what sensible people are concerned about!  

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• Dallas Green

• Boab

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Different circumstances, different manager.

I don't know how you can use our history as a benchmark.

You’re totally right. I’m going to use Saudi Arabia Premier League team Al Ahli Jeddah’s history as a benchmark. Will get back to you all shortly with the analysis 👍🏻

this thread gets funnier and funnier as all our wee trolls try and outdo each other with their comments about OUR manager.

They all actually want Levein to fail to give their lives some meaning. Of course most/all are hobos so that's to be expected.

Alex Kintner
Just now, Noah Claypole said:

The smoke signals have gone up and all the Moon Howlers have congregated. 

That’s not smoke, it’s rubber underwear producing friction against waterproof bedding...

2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

The smoke signals have gone up and all the Moon Howlers have congregated. 

exactly, must have been some PMs going round on hibsnet

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

You’re totally right. I’m going to use Saudi Arabia Premier League team Al Ahli Jeddah’s history as a benchmark. Will get back to you all shortly with the analysis 👍🏻

All jokes aside, We should be looking to the future and what successful teams/managers are doing. Not what we were doing back in 1983 ffs. 

I would also say that we should be looking at the likes of steve clarke and not pep guardiola. I get the impression sometimes that Levein wants to play like barcelona ( the whole 1 striker thing) we will never have the quality in midfield to do that. It's pointless. 

Edited by Sagan

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Sagan said:

All jokes aside, We should be looking to the future and what successful teams/managers are doing. Not what we were doing back in 1983 ffs. 

I would also say that we should be looking at the likes of steve clarke and not pep guardiola. I get the impression sometimes that Levein wants to play like barcelona ( the whole 1 striker thing) we will never have the quality in midfield to do that. It's pointless. 

Every team that plays one up front is copying Barcelona. You heard it here first folks. 👍🏻

In other news...

3df3e6ea6381d3761ae914126fa67225.gif

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Every team that plays one up front is copying Barcelona. You heard it here first folks. 👍🏻

In other news...

3df3e6ea6381d3761ae914126fa67225.gif

Aye, ok. There's no point debating with you. 

It's as pointless as levein's tactics. 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Sagan said:

Aye, ok. There's no point debating with you. 

It's as pointless as levein's tactics. 

Sorry mate, that was rude of me. 👍🏻

Please take me through your Barca theory again...

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

You really don't have a clue, do you ? 

Like me he’s probably fed up watching absolutely crap football only to listen to CL spouting arrogant claptrap when asked about the team played. Or in the CL fantasy world fans have no right to complain because they haven’t managed a team.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Who are the 3 attacking goal scoring midfielders he's signed?

Walker who seems to have constant injury problems and Naismith that can't string 2 games together?

Who's the 3rd one?

I honestly think we could have liverpool's first 11 and Levein would have them playing shit. 

You don’t know who we’re signing and you don’t rate Walker and Naismith. There’s really no hope for you..

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Sorry mate, that was rude of me. 👍🏻

Please take me through your Barca theory again...

I can't be bothered now. If you've listened to him over the years, he's alluded to what top European teams do when questioned about the way he sets his team up. 

Wing backs the lot. 

It hasn't worked for us and it never will. We will never have the players to do it. 

He needs to make the most of the players we can afford. 

Alex Kintner

I can't be bothered now. If you've listened to him over the years, he's alluded to what top European teams do when questioned about the way he sets his team up. 

Wing backs the lot. 

It hasn't worked for us and it never will. We will never have the players to do it. 

Should have tried to get Jordi Alba on loan imo.

15 minutes ago, XB52 said:

this thread gets funnier and funnier as all our wee trolls try and outdo each other with their comments about OUR manager.

They all actually want Levein to fail to give their lives some meaning. Of course most/all are hobos so that's to be expected.

Cathro was OUR manager, Graham Rix was OUR manager, as was Tony Ford. . What's your point exactly?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Prof said:

Like me he’s probably fed up watching absolutely crap football only to listen to CL spouting arrogant claptrap when asked about the team played. Or in the CL fantasy world fans have no right to complain because they haven’t managed a team.

Levein hits the nail on the head. 

Ms doesn't criticise, he does not come across balanced. He spouts what is verging on bile and comes across obsessed. 

He spews absolute crap when it comes to Hearts. 

If you were a Hearts fan and listened to him and Craigan last Friday you wouldn't even argue, the boy has a personal vendetta when it comes to CL. 

Beyond a joke last Friday and really rammed his bias home. 

The fact that Sutton and McCoist appear balanced, intelligent and articulated when talking about Hearts speaks volumes about how MS comes across. 

And that ***** Craigan is another one who can go and shite a hedgehog. 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Sagan said:

The 1 striker thing vs motherwell worked better than the 2 striker thing vs ross county.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You don’t know who we’re signing and you don’t rate Walker and Naismith. There’s really no hope for you..

I was actually one that wanted Walker back when everyone was giving him pelters, A fit Naismith is a no brainer but i'm starting to get concerned now that he won't be able to string 2 games together. 

Meshino i'm really looking forward to seeing, That's a big bit of luck Levein has got there. It's not like he had him scouted. 

Alex Kintner
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

The 1 striker thing vs motherwell worked better than the 2 striker thing vs ross county.

That’s because he based it upon Buckie Thistle’s successful 1 striker strategy and not Barca’s 👍🏻

Marooned Abroad

Despite my moniker I see most games but I haven’t posted for a while because of all the rubbish I’ve read from those who want to make judgements based on a bias against Craig Levein. Well, I’m not a happy clapper by any means and I have been thoroughly p.....d off by some of our home performances .......however, this time round the man has in my opinion made some good signings......anyone disagree re Halkett, Lamour, Whelan, Washington, Naismith and hopefully the loans from Man U and Man C.? I’m actually looking forward to seeing them bed in and will make my judgement in about 10 to 15 games’ time. Until then......lay off and get behind the team and the Manager.

Just my opinion of course!!

Guest ToqueJambo

I was actually one that wanted Walker back when everyone was giving him pelters, A fit Naismith is a no brainer but i'm starting to get concerned now that he won't be able to string 2 games together. 

Meshino i'm really looking forward to seeing, That's a big bit of luck Levein has got there. It's not like he had him scouted. 

Yes it’s lucky Levein has spent all that time building relationships with clubs like Man City.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Cathro was OUR manager, Graham Rix was OUR manager, as was Tony Ford. . What's your point exactly?

If you don't think Levein is the man for the job, you're a hibs fan. It's an automatic response from the brain dead. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Sagan said:

If you don't think Levein is the man for the job, you're a hibs fan. It's an automatic response from the brain dead. 

To be fair the worst of the Levein Oot lot are very conspicuous by their absence on every thread poking fun at Hibs.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair the worst of the Levein Oot lot are very conspicuous by their absence on every thread poking fun at Hibs.

I wouldn't know, i don't go about checking up on people. 

Losing to Hibs is close to a sackable offence in my eyes. 

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Who are the 3 attacking goal scoring midfielders he's signed?

Walker who seems to have constant injury problems and Naismith that can't string 2 games together?

Who's the 3rd one?

I honestly think we could have liverpool's first 11 and Levein would have them playing shit. 

What constant injury problems does Walker have?

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Wing backs the lot. 

Levein appears to agree with you. When have we played with wing backs this season exactly? It's very obvious - both going by the signings we've made and the games so far - that we're mainly going to play along the lines of 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 this season. Maybe even a cheeky 4-3-3 now and then.

Edited by ToqueJambo

24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you were a Hearts fan and listened to him 

Another one who spouts the usual drivel if anyone disagrees with him. If you were a Hearts fan you would hear the abuse and criticism since last October. Or do you think the boos after home games are a sign of support for CL. MS is only saying what at least half of the support think.

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Night and day to how we play now. 

And that was was Connor feckin sammon in the team!

Barca-esque

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Night and day to how we play now. 

And that was was Connor feckin sammon in the team!

According to you earlier you don't even want Levein as DoF because he has too much influence. So well done Levein for hiring the manager who got that result, having a say in the tactics and style as head of the football dept and signing most of the team.

But anyhow, like you, I also enjoyed a lot of the football under Neilson, would have preferred him to stay instead of getting Cathro then Levein, and wouldn't be upset if he returned.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 minutes ago, Sagan said:

*Sigh* nobody backing Levein is a Hibs fan. 

Away up in Gorgie
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

😉

It's all about opinions.

Indeed it’s just funny you think yours holds greater weight. 😉 

Bridge of Djoum
On 20/08/2019 at 08:35, jack D and coke said:

We lost to Motherwell and people’s tune would be different. I’ve read some equally stupid pish that we’re now world beaters on the back of it, this place is schizophrenic man it’s funny how much it sways wildly back and forward. 

I agree he prattles on about it a lot bit he’s only saying the things ive been reading on here for months and months. 

He needs to start pulling Hecky tho...

I won’t hold my breath. 

You haven’t read we are world beaters anywhere, mate. 

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe they are more concerned about Hearts than making inane comments about the Hubz.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

According to you earlier you don't even want Levein as DoF because he has too much influence. So well done Levein for hiring the manager who got that result, having a say in the tactics and style as head of the football dept and signing most of the team.

I don't, he's had his time. we've spent a shit load of money, signed a million players and we've only got worse. 

Time for a change and some fresh ideas. 

That looks like a happy team that were enjoying themselves. I can't see that anymore. 

They also look like they knew what they were doing, quick passes, dumbies the lot. 

We're shit now. We just sign players and hope for the best. 

Edited by Sagan

5 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Not offended. Dont come on making inaccurate comments and you wont look silly.  He clearly references fans. I didn't deny he was clearly having a pop at Stewart.  His comment that people dont have an informed opinion unless they have managed a football club is embarrassing.

I agree about the "don't have an informed opinion" remark. There are thousands of fans who have watched football over decades that know a good team to a bad one. Just because they haven't been a manager doesn't mean they don't know about football. It's a fairly typical Craig comment then he wonders why people, whether they are fans or ex-players, managers or media, find him quite an arrogant person. As for the usual suspects looking for the somewhat boring "dig" at Stewart connection or vice versa...he could be talking about plenty others and not just Stewart.

Guest ToqueJambo

I don't, he's had his time. we've spent a shit load of money, signed a million players and we've only got worse. 

Time for a change and some fresh ideas. 

That looks like a happy team that are enjoying themselves. I can't see that anymore. 

Players in enjoying a 5-1 romp shock! I'm happy for you that you once had a day back in 2016 when you seemed to enjoy being a Hearts fan though. 👍

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Players in enjoying a 5-1 romp shock! I'm happy for you that you once had a day back in 2016 when you seemed to enjoy being a Hearts fan though. 👍

Can you not see it?

When was the last time you actually enjoyed watching Hearts?

And don't say every weekend because that's just crap. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Can you not see it?

When was the last time you actually enjoyed watching Hearts?

And don't say every weekend because that's just crap. 

Eh? The Aberdeen and Motherwell games were both cracking games.

4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Are Cruickshank and GorgieFifer a couple? 

There is an awful lot of 'new' accounts these days who strangely enough have arrived just as a number of long standing posters have disappeared.

The strange thing is they are all of similar opinions and prejudices.

Just now, Boab said:

You didn’t enjoy Motherwell ?

It was a relief to get a win. I enjoyed it more than i have any other game in the lat 6 months i suppose. 

See when Naismith came on against Aberdeen and scored straight away... That was a feeling i hadn't had in a long time. 

Then we threw it away. 

Great. 

The Michael Stewart thread has turned into another Levein bashing thread by the same boring 🛎 ends! 

There is something quite ironic about that!

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

Great. 

The Michael Stewart thread has turned into another Levein bashing thread by the same boring 🛎 ends! 

There is something quite ironic about that!

Get your point but at least we don't have to talk about michael stewart. 

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You haven’t read we are world beaters anywhere, mate. 

I’ve been reading quite a few posts on here about how we’re gonna pump this lot and that lot. On the back of one decent win. 

Not really sure what angle you’re coming from here.