Michael Stewart tonight

Whatever

He should be dropped from commentating on games involving Hearts. He has a complete inability to be even handed or sensible. It's what happens when blind rage over rides common sense.

Edited by Deevers

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• Dallas Green

• Boab

9 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

So have I. 100%. Although he did think Willie Young was giving him a pen in 98.

Lucky for us he didn't. 👍

7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Michael Stewart, isn't as clever as he thinks he is. 

Thats why his football career ended up being shitatata at Hibs and Hearts.

MS is thick as a very thick short plank. 

He uses 'should of'. Case closed. Verdict: definite thicko. 

Captain Sausage

The guy is a prize bellend. His lack of self awareness and inability to construct a balanced argument mean his points can not be taken seriously. 

8 hours ago, MrBones said:

Everything Stewart said before the match was 100% correct. How could any hearts fan disagree with what he said? He said our record under levein inst good enough, correct. 4 wins in 2019 isn't good enoug, correct. Our performance against Ross county wasn't good enough, correct. 

FFS, im glad we win tonight and I'd love levein to go on and win the league and cup double but it's not going to happen. I find it hard to disagree with Stewart that levains teams underperform and under him we will win nothing

Do you not agree with Chris Sutton 's assertion that it is ridiculous that Craig Levein is under pressure considering the injuries that he has had to cope with ?

Not just any players getting long term injuries but the top players. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

When I heard them my immediate thought was have they not watched any football over the summer.

Is it a surprise that both of them and fat Ally were pretty much clueless with regard to new laws? No need to answer VV it's rhetorical. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Levein has already won not just the battle but the war with Stewart. The "worst value player ever" at £1 was checkmate.

It's ruined him and was the d day landi g moment in that spat. 

No way back, even if CL is sacked. 

10 hours ago, Herbert said:

Thought he was decent the night.

He is annoyingly likeable. Comes across like he has just turned up to watch a game with his mates. 

Would be different if it was sevco playing, of course. 

16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Do you not agree with Chris Sutton 's assertion that it is ridiculous that Craig Levein is under pressure considering the injuries that he has had to cope with ?

Not just any players getting long term injuries but the top players. 

Even last night we were missing Haring, Souttar and Naismith who would walk into most SPL teams

The discussion after the first penalty was embarrassing. 

Said it was a shocking decision, then said it was the new rules, but still blamed Madden for following the new rules.

I hate the new handball laws but I did feel the defenders arm moved towards the ball instinctively. We should have had 3 pens tbh

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Said it was a shocking decision, then said it was the new rules, but still blamed Madden for following the new rules.

I hate the new handball laws but I did feel the defenders arm moved towards the ball instinctively. We should have had 3 pens tbh

The rules are starting to get overdone. Football was intended to be a simple game in play and rules. 

The reaction to it being given from Stewart and Craigan was hugely embarrassing.

Might not be surprising being a Hearts fan, but I thought it was a pen from the second it hit his hand/arm.  Yes, it might seem accidental but it was an attacking movement towards the goal when the ball was flicked up cleverly and the touch prevented it carrying on.  

There are subtleties in the interpretation as this scenario may not lead to a pen if it was out wide in the box.The the ref may let it go. 

Edited by Debut 4

3fingersreid

Perhaps it’s time to have an “Andy Walker” moment at Tynecastle the next time ms is in attendance ? 

Would help the atmosphere as well. 

He called for Levein to be sacked before the game. 

He was put on the spot and made a complete shops front of himself coming out with that. 

Just embarrassing and I'm sure he regrets it.

Don't you Michael.

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Perhaps it’s time to have an “Andy Walker” moment at Tynecastle the next time ms is in attendance ? 

Would help the atmosphere as well. 

I thought the same last night. 

3fingersreid
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I thought the same last night. 

One of THE moments at Tynecastle 😂😂😂😂

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

One of THE moments at Tynecastle 😂😂😂😂

Its up there with the “shoes off” moment in Hearts folklore. 

Maroon Sailor
9 hours ago, MrBones said:

Everything Stewart said before the match was 100% correct. How could any hearts fan disagree with what he said? He said our record under levein inst good enough, correct. 4 wins in 2019 isn't good enoug, correct. Our performance against Ross county wasn't good enough, correct. 

FFS, im glad we win tonight and I'd love levein to go on and win the league and cup double but it's not going to happen. I find it hard to disagree with Stewart that levains teams underperform and under him we will win nothing

He also said Levein should be sacked if Hearts lost last night. 

So are we to assume he is happier with Levein now and glad Hearts won ?

ialwaysspeakthetruth

Michael Stewart was as much an embarrassment as a commentator as he was as a footballer I recall watching him play for Hearts against Dunfermline and the Pars fans were openly laughing at how awful he was. It was cringeworthy.

As a commentator his unprofessional behaviour merits disciplinary action from BT. He truly is a sad and quite pathetic indiividual. 

Chris Sutton must love it when Hearts games come up because he knows he can make Stewart look like the small man that he is.

31 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He also said Levein should be sacked if Hearts lost last night. 

So are we to assume he is happier with Levein now and glad Hearts won ?

One win doesn’t make up for the poor football we have had to watch since January.

They played an interview with CL prior to the game. Afterwards Craigan stated that he felt CL had lost his passion for the game as he felt he was downbeat in the interview. Even McCoist turned round and said that CL had a heart attack and didn’t expect him to be ranting and raving.

As for Stewart, regardless of what he says, he’s an arsewipe. An Andy Walker moment for him at Tynecastle would amuse me no end.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don’t think that’s the new rule.

The new rule, in effect, allows a penalty to be awarded even if the ball is hammered at your hand from a foot and you can do nothing about it BUT if it in a position where it has made your body bigger to block it i.e. if it is sticking out, like last night, it is a penalty.

Intentionally moving it to block it doesn’t come into it.

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

And yet they spoke about the stonewaller we were denied for the shove in the back on walker for about 10 seconds!!!!

certainly no outrage there or anger about the injustice of not getting such a blatant penalty!!! 

Motherwell were given a free kick near the end for less of a push in the back and nothing much was said about that. 

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, Jodami said:

Clearly not an idiot but being played like an idiot by all and sundry. Owned by Chris Sutton every time they are on together. Ernie Wise without the gardening expertise. 

Sutton was full of praise for hearts , the only one that is half decent when talking about our club.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yip, 

For me, the distance isn't enough under the old rules to be a pk, under the new rules it is. 

Even under the old rules, if that was a striker charging down a defender and he ended up through on goal, it would be a free kick  100% of the time as he gained an advantage, in this case the defender stopped the ball going towards the goal. 

Under the old hand to ball rule tho, given the distance I don't think it would be given "most" of the time. 

The way he and Craigan went on about it was embarrassing tho. 

Walkers was a clear push, Mulrenys clear as day. 

Craigan saying the push wasn't enough either was hilarious. 

Maroon Sailor

Stewart and Craigan were complaining about the new rule for the 1st penalty rather than the award of it.

Under the new rule any ball battered off a defender's arm in the penalty area from point blank range is a penalty. That rule is a joke

Fraggle Rock

At first i could take him with a pinch of salt, but he now grinds my gears, he is a petty little fud who needs to grow up.

The Apprentice
12 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I was disappointed when Sky beat BT to the coverage of the SPFL but, Stewart tonight was abysmal.

Agreed. Whatever you think of Stewart/Craigan/Sutton, BT’s coverage of Scottish football is far better than the Sky equivalent. 

Michael Stewart was more upset about Hearts winning last night, than anyone connected to Motherwell. He’s an absolute expert, at making a complete and utter tit of himself. 

It was well worth £15 to be at Fir Park last night a bonus was not having to listen to Stewart and Craigen.

On the radio in the car on the way home the Motherwell manager did not winge about penalties etc just his own players performance,  quite refreshing.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Stewart and Craigan were complaining about the new rule for the 1st penalty rather than the award of it.

Under the new rule any ball battered off a defender's arm in the penalty area from point blank range is a penalty. That rule is a joke

Nah they weren't, saying it wasn't a pk and blaming Madden for it. Poor decision, even on the miss, Craigan said "justice was done" or some shite. 

Sutton was the only one that said what you said. PK under rules but rules are shite. Even McCoist wasn't getting it. 

Tennant's  6's
16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Stewart is nowhere near as clever as he makes out, by the way. Empty vessels make the most noise as they say.

Did you ever hear him lose his sh#t at Tom English on the Radio last yr?!

Tom was calmness personified while Stewart was losing the rag.

He seems to be caught between trying to be a modern pundit like Gary Neville & a wind up troll like Sutton/ Boyd..

I thought it telling that the Motherwell players accepted the penalty award which suggested that they understood the new rule but these 2 so called pundits were oblivious to it. 

15 minutes ago, RENE said:

Why was Craigan commentating?  Isn't he employed by Motherwell.  Everything he said was slanted towards Motherwell.

Pretty sure he's left Motherwell mate. Totally agree he was completely biased though.

The Internet
32 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I agree. But had it happened at the other end the two of them wouldn't have been crying over it like they were last night. They'd have been all 'hearts are a bit unlucky there but that's the rule now'. 

I don't usually get wound up by pundits but Stewart can **** off. 

Dr Ian Malcolm

Craigan is a simpleton. Actually said on air that he hoped Hearts lost. I get he's a Motherwell guy but ffs at least go through the motions of impartiality seeing as your getting weighed in to co-commentate on both teams. His analysis tends to consistent of cliches anyway.

Stewart is generally a decent pundit and has a brain in his head but the relentless agenda against Levein (which he's previously admitted but keeps trying to walk back) means that the valid points he does make lose credibility, especially when he refuses to go the other way when Hearts do well. It's tedious and I now zone out when gets on to Hearts.

McCoist is a hard guy to dislike and is mostly pretty fair, bar the odd strange take.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, stotty said:

Pretty sure he's left Motherwell mate. Totally agree he was completely biased though.

He even said he hoped Hearts would lose. He didn't need to say that, but being the tool he is opens his gob without thinking. He is employed as a pundit not a Motherwell fan.

MS has a problem ... he thinks he is exceptionally clever but ....

......... he’s actually not intelligent enough to realise he’s not!!

And the broadcasters have a problem, they are either unwilling or unable to control him ..... amateurs ....

Fraggle Rock
20 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

It was well worth £15 to be at Fir Park last night a bonus was not having to listen to Stewart and Craigen.

On the radio in the car on the way home the Motherwell manager did not winge about penalties etc just his own players performance,  quite refreshing.

How big was our support last night? The bottom section looked fairly busy but i couldnt really make out the top section from the wee tv i was watching from.

Michael Stewart is a football fans forum with a microphone and broadcast on TV. 

The he sort of person who ends conversations with the word FACT when it’s actually an opinion.

A failed footballer who is somehow seen as a respected TV pundit.

Enjoyed the result a little bit more last night knowing he would be raging. 

29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah they weren't, saying it wasn't a pk and blaming Madden for it. Poor decision, even on the miss, Craigan said "justice was done" or some shite. 

Sutton was the only one that said what you said. PK under rules but rules are shite. Even McCoist wasn't getting it. 

They were all over the place. 

Madden applied a rubbish rule correctly. 

The fact he couldn’t bring himself to post anything about Hearts on Twitter after the game last night, shows what a sour plums rocket he is. Had we lost though... he’d be furiously tweeting away telling us all how terrible things are. Utter Roaster of a human.

8 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

Michael Stewart is a football fans forum with a microphone and broadcast on TV. 

The he sort of person who ends conversations with the word FACT when it’s actually an opinion.

A failed footballer who is somehow seen as a respected TV pundit.

Enjoyed the result a little bit more last night knowing he would be raging. 

Correct, and whenever anyone calls him out on anything, he can't make a cogent argument.  Instead he resorts to shouting and petty bickering.  He was totally embarrassing when Tom English called him out for talking garbage and making stuff up on Sportsound last season.

With Stewart's agenda with Levein and Craigen wearing his Motherwell top under his shirt there's no way there will be unbiased punditry from these twats and BT Sports allow it to happen.