TheAntiHibee

Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Stab in the dark?

100% I am no way ITK on this just a hunch 😂

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Yeah, in reality it’s not a transfer window but a registration window. You can do transfer business whenever you like, but there are only certain periods when you can register a new player with your association.

You can register a free agent signing at any point if they’ve not been released after whatever window their club is tied to. Tony Watt was released in February 2018 but couldn’t sign for anyone until summer of that year.

Taffin
55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's more valid than anything else I've seen on here. 

Do you have other data,if so, please feel free to present it. 

Also having watched all the other teams, I'd argue we play no less hoofball than most. 

In fact, at Tynecastle hibs, Aberdeen and Killie on both their visits to tynecastle played far more hoofball than us, unfortunately it worked for killie and Hibs. 

So in my experience of the match day and the only stats I've seen, we played far less hoofball than most. 

Be pleased to see other data saying different?

I'm not saying it's necessarily incorrect what it said, just that it didn't prove anything either way as there was insufficient information provided alongside it.

For the league we play in I don't think we are too bad for long ball. In a wider sense, we are still pretty bad for it and the league as a whole could do with improving in that regard.

feej

Sky saying deal to be done tomorrow.

Whatever
Just now, feej said:

Sky saying deal to be done tomorrow.

Do you have a link?

Icon of Symmetry
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

For the league we play in I don't think we are too bad for long ball. In a wider sense, we are still pretty bad for it and the league as a whole could do with improving in that regard.

That’s the crux of it for me. Basically you piss with the cock you’ve got. 

feej

Its mentioned on their transfer news blog, 18.14

Smith's right boot
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm not saying it's necessarily incorrect what it said, just that it didn't prove anything either way as there was insufficient information provided alongside it.

All fair points and I agree in general, but without any information to contradict it, the point stands in reply to that particular poster. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Whatever
4 minutes ago, feej said:

Its mentioned on their transfer news blog, 18.14

Cheers.

’Hearts will try and complete the signing...’

I was hoping for something more definitive but given the way the weeks gone I should have known better.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The myth thread is elsewhere. 

Stats proved we were the 3rd least hoofball team in the entire league. 

Proper staticians, not just slavers. 

Research, data and stuff. 

Stats proved we played 3rd least successful passes over 35 yards actually. 

Smith's right boot
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Stats proved we played 3rd least successful passes over 35 yards actually. 

Just as well we never went long that much then, 3rd least. 

Liquid football. 

feej
3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Cheers.

’Hearts will try and complete the signing...’

I was hoping for something more definitive but given the way the weeks gone I should have known better.

At least it's not dead.

Whatever
10 minutes ago, feej said:

At least it's not dead.

👍🏻

Sagan
Posted (edited)

I would imagine that if Damour was going to sign, it would be tomorrow. 

English window is shut, so the chance of a big money move has gone? (not sure when the foreign windows shut)

I think we can forget about Whelan now (although he's a free agent, it seems to have gone on for too long) and come friday night, we can forget about Damour as well. 

Just my opinion. 

Edited by Sagan

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I may not agree entirely with the above post, but I can respect it.  Some posts, however, seem to be mocking the opinion that Hearts may not be a hoof-ball team. Why on earth would any Hearts fan want to mock them? I don't get it.

SUTOL

2 year deal with 1 year option. 

It will be done tomorrow, by 6pm. 

Kiwidoug
3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Good news.  

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

So not a loan? :wow:

Fantastic.

SUTOL
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Good news.  

UK time Doug. 😉

Agentjambo
5 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

2 year loan... hmmm.

Kiwidoug
Just now, SUTOL said:

UK time Doug. 😉

I know.  Brilliant news to waken up to.  Have to think that the Whelan deal is off.  Dragged on too long.  Plenty of time left in the window though.

Byyy The Light
30 minutes ago, Sagan said:

I would imagine that if Damour was going to sign, it would be tomorrow. 

English window is shut, so the chance of a big money move has gone? (not sure when the foreign windows shut)

I think we can forget about Whelan now (although he's a free agent, it seems to have gone on for too long) and come friday night, we can forget about Damour as well. 

Just my opinion. 

Re Whelan, I’m hoping he was waiting to see what his options were down south and once the window is closed he’ll sign with us.

i know he’s a free agent but it may be that interested clubs were trying to move people on to free up space etc and it never happened.

Have no problem with him keeping his options open and not making Hearts his number 1 priority. Especially when it’s potentially his last contract. 

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Doesn't he have a year left on his contract with Cardiff? That would mean Cardiff would have payed up his contract (or most of it).

CJGJ

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/08/08/hearts-set-to-complete-the-signing-of-loic-damour-on-friday-as-discussions-over-cardiff-release-continue-transfer-news-deadline-day-neil-warnock/

HEARTS expect to complete the signing of Cardiff City midfielder Loic Damour on a permanent deal in time for their Premiership clash against Ross County.

The 28-year-old was initially offered to the Jambos on a season-long loan after falling out of favour with the Bluebirds, with reports suggesting those terms were all but agreed.

However, the clubs were locked in talks throughout Thursday as the Jambos pushed to secure the former France under-20 international outright.

That would require Cardiff to either annul the final year of Damour’s contract or accept a modest fee for his services, with Hearts not in a position to pay a significant transfer sum

Nevertheless, sources close to the discussions were confident that an agreement will be struck by Friday.

Damour was due to arrive in Edinburgh on Thursday evening for advanced contract talks and, barring any unforeseen hitches, will become their fifth summer signing on Friday. He could make a whirlwind debut against the Highlanders at Tynecastle.

There was interest in Damour from his homeland, where he has previously turned out for Strasbourg, Boulogne and Frejus Saint-Raphael, but the player wanted to remain in British football.

Taffin
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

All fair points and I agree in general, but without any information to contradict it, the point stands in reply to that particular poster. 

Failing to disprove something someone says doesn't mean they've proven what they said to be true; but it doesn't really matter as I don't really disagree with his point either...just the assertion there was stats to prove it when really there is nothing of the sort (either way)

Sir Gio

Warnock and Levein good chums,  I'm sure they can cook up something 

Taffin
19 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I may not agree entirely with the above post, but I can respect it.  Some posts, however, seem to be mocking the opinion that Hearts may not be a hoof-ball team. Why on earth would any Hearts fan want to mock them? I don't get it.

I'd imagine the first person to mock anyone about that (certainly on this thread) will have been from the 'other side' demeaning the intellect of those who don't accept the holy grail article 

I'd go back and quote the post but I'm sure you can find it for yourself.

This in turn provokes people to mock and demean in return. It's quite sad really, we should be able to disagree and debate in a more civilized fashion.

Deans-Hearts

Is he a defensive midfielder or more of creative player?

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd imagine the first person to mock anyone about that (certainly on this thread) will have been from the 'other side' demeaning the intellect of those who don't accept the holy grail article 

I'd go back and quote the post but I'm sure you can find it for yourself.

This in turn provokes people to mock and demean in return. It's quite sad really, we should be able to disagree and debate in a more civilized fashion.

I'm not sure, Taffin, but at least they're not mocking the team they support, unlike so many on most threads seem to delight in. (I realize not all of them are Hearts fans)

Skacelsid

Loic seems to play the game  with a great attitude and work rate and our fans will take to him. It looks like going through and would be exciting signing, we have been missing midfield drive, energy and attacking intend. Loic can provide that, hopefully rubbing off on those around him and our youngsters.

vegas-voss
5 minutes ago, Deans-Hearts said:

More an all round midfielder I think

Debut 4
Just now, Skacelsid said:

Loic seems to play the game  with a great attitude and work rate and our fans will take to him. It looks like going through and would be exciting signing, we have been missing midfield drive, energy and attacking intend. Loic can provide that, hopefully rubbing off on those around him and our youngsters.

If we are to play are more open game, esp at home, you need a centre midfield with the ability, positional awareness and capabilities to get back in defensively very quickly.  

Damour sounds like he’d bring this, even Whelan if he came to Hearts. You can’t have a centre midfield who read things too late when we lose the ball and get countered. To have someone who can cover ground but read the game could make a huge difference. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That’s the crux of it for me. Basically you piss with the cock you’ve got. 

So you're saying we have to punt it up the park?

Robbie Neilson done quite well pissing with someone else's cock then although I don't know how that's possible. Perhaps you can tell me? 

Saying we don't play a horrible brand of football without Naismith in the team is crazy as I believe you have probably witnessed most of the shit we've had to sit through recently.

Levein gave up half way through last season and started blaming the refs for everything to deflect how utterly shite he had us playing. He basically chucked in the towel until the cup final.

Hopefully with Damour signing and Walker back we will actually attempt to play football if Naismith gets injured. At least there will be no excuses if we don't get Europe this season.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

More an all round midfielder I think

I agree and that's exactly what we need.

Smithee
4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

My first thought when I saw all the slides. Can pick out a pass and seems to have a wee bit swagger about him. I like a bit Swagger.

From that clip I also took the fact that someone started from the bottom but now they're here and they like to use the N Word, a lot

Drake, shite

8skacel8
21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They owe us after getting Paterson for peanuts.

johnking123

As I said. He is a replacement for Djoum. 

BarneyBattles44

Before yesterday I'd no clue on Damour. The last few hours I've caught up through various news sites read good reports on his abilities . Seem he has been unlucky missing out on EPL football n is highly rated for a lad who hasn't featured in top team football since a stand out 2 seasons ago. He's got it all needs Us as We need him. Yes Yes Yes.

You dont always get what you want you get what you need.

FREE

Leveins Battalion

In amongst all of this Loic Damour is quality 👌

Gashauskis9

Another huge statement of intent here 👏👏👏

Icon of Symmetry
11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

So you're saying we have to punt it up the park?

Robbie Neilson done quite well pissing with someone else's cock then although I don't know how that's possible. Perhaps you can tell me? 

Saying we don't play a horrible brand of football without Naismith in the team is crazy as I believe you have probably witnessed most of the shit we've had to sit through recently.

Levein gave up half way through last season and started blaming the refs for everything to deflect how utterly shite he had us playing. He basically chucked in the towel until the cup final.

Hopefully with Damour signing and Walker back we will actually attempt to play football if Naismith gets injured. At least there will be no excuses if we don't get Europe this season.

No, I’m saying that just like pretty much every other team in our league, we do from time to time. Just nowhere near as often as the fans of other clubs like to make out, and many of our more dim-witted fans have started to parrot.

Jamhammer
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Drake, shite

Is that what Drake sounds like?

I’ll stick to Duck

Smithee
Just now, Jamhammer said:

Is that what Drake sounds like?

I’ll stick to Duck

Canadian rap. Crap for short  

Cruyff Turn
35 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

From the same family of Dinosaur apparently. 😌

Cruyff Turn

Damour will be class. 

But it does that mean no Glenn Whelan? 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Deans-Hearts said:

Back on topic, yes he can play both positions apparently but is better at the defensive work.

Jamhammer
Just now, Smithee said:

Canadian rap. Crap for short  

Aye my daughter stays over there and has mentioned him. Prefer The Sheepdogs 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

From the same family of Dinosaur apparently. 😌

Velocicraptor:clyay:

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Velocicraptor:clyay:

:laugh: