Sean Clare.

Whatever

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Why not...? He gave more in two games, (Easter Rd and the final), than Clare has managed in a whole season.

6 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

Edwards :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

Edwards :facepalm:

Ah! 😆

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

To think Levein said a while back, that Clare is similar to Colin Cameron, yeh right Craig,  not a chance, Clare should be nowhere near that squad, let alone the first 11.

he's mince!!!!

Why he gets picked is beyond me, I just don't see it.

Italian Lambretta
7 minutes ago, rmreido said:

To think Levein said a while back, that Clare is similar to Colin Cameron, yeh right Craig,  not a chance, Clare should be nowhere near that squad, let alone the first 11.

he's mince!!!!

Stevie Wonder probably thought the same 

1 hour ago, rmreido said:

he's mince!!!!

Why is Levein slagging off Colin Cameron. The wee man must be raging.

Clerry Jambo
36 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Why is Levein slagging off Colin Cameron. The wee man must be raging.

Did wee Mickey ever glide past opponents though Mitch:biggrin:

maroonlegions

Michael Stewart summed it up on Sportscene when he said " what is Clare actually doing, can't get my head around it".

He then went on to say that he failed to track back and looks lost. 

Needs fecking binned , lazy and shite.

2 hours ago, rmreido said:

he's mince!!!!

Similar to Colin Cameron!!  😂😂😂😂😂

You know it’s been obvious since last season that Clare hid in games. His work rate is way below an acceptable level for a professional athlete. His positional sense is very amateurish and Levein has made a rod for his back again like he has done 

so many times before by backing Clare.

pettigrewsstylist

Sad thing is that the product has been so rotten now , for so long,,, that peeps actually think that's an acceptable standard for Hearts.

I mean seriously Hearts CM!

Edouards late winner at Tynie last year was my signal to put him on useless and irrelevant watch, where he has excelled.

Sad, but chance has been wasted.

I’ve never once left a match thinking Sean Clare had fantastic 90 mins and we’re lucky to have him at Hearts.

His better performances have been only marginally above average.

I doubt there is a single supporter in the Premiership who has thought they’d love to have someone like Sean Clare in their team.

If he left he wouldn’t be missed.

7 hours ago, rmreido said:

he's mince!!!!

Maybe that is what he sees in Clare. But the trouble is there is no evidence of it. He lacks a competitive edge and does not seem to gel with the teammates around him.

So far, Clare is a peripheral player at best, not at all the type of player CL usually values. 

1 minute ago, Pilmuir said:

Maybe that is what he sees in Clare. But the trouble is there is no evidence of it. He lacks a competitive edge and does not seem to gel with the teammates around him.

So far, Clare is a peripheral player at best, not at all the type of player CL usually values. 

Probably because like Wighton we've paid a fee for these duds is why CL will persist with them. 

31 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Probably because like Wighton we've paid a fee for these duds is why CL will persist with them. 

You Sir, have won a watch.👍

42 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

You've hit the nail on the head.

55 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I’ve never once left a match thinking Sean Clare had fantastic 90 mins and we’re lucky to have him at Hearts.

His better performances have been only marginally above average.

I doubt there is a single supporter in the Premiership who has thought they’d love to have someone like Sean Clare in their team.

If he left he wouldn’t be missed.

Lets be brutally honest here 

We have been sold another massive dud here. The only person that has come out this well is Sean Clare and his agent. A product of the nike academy who gave under 20's football players a chance to find a professional club who had previously not been signed to anyone. Most decent players are signed up by the time they are 15/16 in football but somehow Sean Clare hadn't (wonder why) when this nike academy thing started off it was cool for clubs to take a chance on players who had been missed. Sheffield Wednesday took Sean Clare

He played FIVE times in 2 seasons there 

FIVE TIMES!!!!!!!!

his agent then tells the football community several EPL side are after him,  and then we come running to the rescue, telling the world we've bagged a major coup and beaten off several EPL sides to his signature 🤣

We have been well and truly done over here

Even More so than Juwon Oshaniwa 

Hearts must have their own chalkboard up in the football agents social club 

"Aye I'm struggling to shift him to another club as nobody wants him"

"Have you tried Hearts yet?"

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

It wouldnt surprise me if he slips down leagues and bins football altogether in few yrs.

Football is more likely to bin him.

22 hours ago, kimosavi said:

We have been sold another massive dud here. The only person that has come out this well is Sean Clare and his agent. A product of the nike academy who gave under 20's football players a chance to find a professional club who had previously not been signed to anyone. Most decent players are signed up by the time they are 15/16 in football but somehow Sean Clare hadn't (wonder why) when this nike academy thing started off it was cool for clubs to take a chance on players who had been missed. Sheffield Wednesday took Sean Clare

FIVE TIMES!!!!!!!!

his agent then tells the football community several EPL side are after him,  and then we come running to the rescue, telling the world we've bagged a major coup and beaten off several EPL sides to his signature 🤣

Brutal but a pretty accurate summation of Clare!

Too many on here were quick to toe the party line with the “anybody who can’t see he’s a player is an idiot” type comment!

Levein keeps picking him as dropping Clare would be an acknowledgement that he’s been sold a pup even though he offers virtually nothing to the team.

He may have some talent but he is a lazy player and as such will never make it.

23 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Wighton and Clare have been two awful signings.

FIVE TIMES!!!!!!!!

He has been scouted by Motherwell before we signed but ruled out as floated in and out of games for 10 minutes or so. Not good enough!

BackOfTheNet

1. I’m disappointed in just how many people seem to be gleeful that Clare has been criticised on Sportscene

2. The discussion about someone who is still a young fledgling player learning his trade is all the more disappointing

I'm not saying he’s the best thing since sliced bread, I'm not even saying he’ll come good. He may slip away into obscurity. But what I am saying is there’s too many people looking to discourage and dismiss rather than encourage development.

On 27/08/2019 at 12:52, Smith's right boot said:

Don't agree with why he's played, it's not CL being stubborn. 

If we have a fit Naismith and Walker, now with the loanee signing  he would not play as much. 

He's played so much, particularly last season as we had injuries. 

He's also not Been terrible, he just doesn't do enough over 90, but as I said I think he's played so much due to circumstances and need over want. 

Can you just please stop. You aren't intelligent enough to compete with the persistent posters on here and it exposes you as incredibly weak. You clearly have little football intelligence and I give you the benefit of strong doubt  that you may have any worthwhile overall intelligence.  For your health you should stop. 

FIVE TIMES!!!!!!!!

His path to stardom seemed assured when he joined the Charlton Academy as a kid.

But after five years there he QUIT football on the advice of dad David so he could focus on his education instead.

He was eventually picked by the Nike Academy as he combined playing with his studies.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

1. I’m disappointed in just how many people seem to be gleeful that Clare has been criticised on Sportscene

2. The discussion about someone who is still a young fledgling player learning his trade is all the more disappointing

I'm not saying he’s the best thing since sliced bread, I'm not even saying he’ll come good. He may slip away into obscurity. But what I am saying is there’s too many people looking to discourage and dismiss rather than encourage development.

I couldn’t give a flying **** what those tossers say on Sportscene!! Many Hearts fans could see many weeks ago that Clare was an imposter.

IMO he is too lazy to make it and in his many performances he has been a huge disappointment - even the JKB apologists have run out of excuses for him surely??

If he is a player under “development” then why is he first on Levein’s team sheet week after week, instead of a spell on the bench, or reserves or out on loan?

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I couldn’t give a flying **** what those tossers say on Sportscene!! Many Hearts fans could see many weeks ago that Clare was an imposter.

IMO he is too lazy to make it and in his many performances he has been a huge disappointment - even the JKB apologists have run out of excuses for him surely??

If he is a player under “development” then why is he first on Levein’s team sheet week after week, instead of a spell on the bench, or reserves or out on loan?

He’s not lazy. That’s a myth. He’s at a stage where he needs games, the management think that’s better served at us than out on loan. My point is that the level of discussion in this thread does not happen with other developing players at the club. Morrison for example had a particular bad run of form last season but there wasn’t a thread bumped after every match about him. Not that there should be of course, as Morrison too is a player in development.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Guest ToqueJambo
On 27/08/2019 at 04:47, Mort said:

Walker was excellent against Dundee United and scored a great goal up at Aberdeen. Sean Clare seems to be afforded constant chances, it's almost as though Levein is trying to be stubborn and prove a point with him. He's now played over 35 matches with Hearts and at very most, has played well a handful of times. It's nothing to do with being a scapegoat for defeats but there are genuine question marks over whether he is good enough for this level.

A Levein weakness is his stubborn-ness and his need to prove a point. He also definitely has his favourites and seems to take a very quick dislike to some players. There are worse things than seeing potential in someone like Clare and backing him though. However everyone seems to agree it's time for him to drop to the bench and we now have enough players in the squad for him to do that. I'd even rather see Lee brought in for a few games if he's fit and still here. Hopefully Clare will come good, but the slagging of him seems OTT.

Edited by ToqueJambo

It’s a “myth”??? 🙈

Have actually watched Clare play FFS?

Clare came to Hearts with a huge fanfare from Levein, his Agent and Clare himself, hence there is a higher fan expectation than the likes of Morrison.

Morrison was also benched and dropped during his poor run of form, however Clare is Teflon in the eyes of Levein!

Folk trying to make out that Sean Clare is some charlatan Ali Dia type figure. :rofl:

Sean Clare has had good games at this level, anyone going to deny that? 

The thing Sean Clare is lacking, is the knowledge of the positions he has been asked to play. He’s still learning but the ability is there. He’s sort of on the cusp of being a good player if he can attain the knowledge to match his ability. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It’s a “myth”??? 🙈

Clare came to Hearts with a huge fanfare from Levein, his Agent and Clare himself, hence there is a higher fan expectation than the likes of Morrison.

Morrison was also benched and dropped during his poor run of form, however Clare is Teflon in the eyes of Levein!

I'm pretty sure we'll see Clare drop to the bench very soon, possibly this weekend.

Geoff Kilpatrick
16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He’s not lazy. That’s a myth. He’s at a stage where he needs games, the management think that’s better served at us than out on loan. My point is that the level of discussion in this thread does not happen with other developing players at the club. Morrison for example had a particular bad run of form last season but there wasn’t a thread bumped after every match about him. Not that there should be of course, as Morrison too is a player in development.

Ever present this season. Was our 6th highest appearance maker last season (28 starts, 7 sub apps). How many games does he need exactly?

17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

For balance Morrison isn't good enough either. Mulraney to his credit has applied himself well but he's not the standard we need if we have higher aspirations either

Our wide options are gash. No wonder we are so one dimensional

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

A Levein weakness is his stubborn-ness and his need to prove a point. He also definitely has his favourites and seems to take a very quick dislike to some players. There are worse things than seeing potential in someone like Clare and backing him. Everyone seems to agree it's time for him to drop to the bench though and we now have enough players in the squad for him to do that. I'd even rather see Lee brought in for a few games if he's fit and still here. Hopefully Clare will come good, but the slagging of him seems OTT.

Levein’s stubbornness and desire to prove a point - you said it - has caused the vocal criticism of Clare by fans.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Levein’s stubbornness and desire to prove a point - you said it - has caused the vocal criticism of Clare by fans.

If folk want to shout abuse at a fairly young player instead giving him some encouragement that's up to them. Not sure what they think they'll achieve though.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Renault said:

Can you just please stop. You aren't intelligent enough to compete with the persistent posters on here and it exposes you as incredibly weak. You clearly have little football intelligence and I give you the benefit of strong doubt  that you may have any worthwhile overall intelligence.  For your health you should stop. 

On contraire....

By completely ignoring the subject matter and personally attacking me, you have proven to everyone that not only do you lack intelligence, but also balance and grace. 

Ironically, in ignoring the subject matter and attacking me you also come across as not only weak- as you accuse me, but also cowardly. 

Base on your response I give you no benefit of the doubt. I fully expect the above to reflect your personality and not only in football matters, but thanks, anyway for affording me the courtesy. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Ever present this season. Was our 6th highest appearance maker last season (28 starts, 7 sub apps). How many games does he need exactly?

Ever present because of the injuries. Clare was thrown in early and played in a few positions because we had no other options. Six goals in those games is still a decent return for a midfielder in a poorly performing team. Let's put things in perspective, we've seen much better players - internationals - come to Scottish football with way more experience and bomb completely. Hopefully he can kick on.

The only time I've seen him on the flesh this season , Ross County at home,  he was our best player along with Washington. 

The better the team plays I think the better he will become . 

Great turn of pace and delivery at times . Hopefully the best is still

to come as we improve as a team . 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ever present because of the injuries. Clare was thrown in early and played in a few positions because we had no other options. Six goals in those games is still a decent return for a midfielder in a poorly performing team. Let's put things in perspective, we've seen much better players - internationals - come to Scottish football with way more experience and bomb completely. Hopefully he can kick on.

There was never any spin that Clare was "one for the future". Rather, it was hailed that we had a "transfer coup" for bringing a player who was being eyed up by bigger English clubs to Tynecastle. Therefore, it was always the case that he would be an important member of the first team squad.

After 43 games, there's enough of a body of evidence to conclude what people are accusing him of. He's pish.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There was never any spin that Clare was "one for the future". Rather, it was hailed that we had a "transfer coup" for bringing a player who was being eyed up by bigger English clubs to Tynecastle. Therefore, it was always the case that he would be an important member of the first team squad.

After 43 games, there's enough of a body of evidence to conclude what people are accusing him of. He's pish.

He was very clearly introduced as a prospect. I think he needs dropping but I've not written him off.

Edited by ToqueJambo

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If folk want to shout abuse at a fairly young player instead giving him some encouragement that's up to them. Not sure what they think they'll achieve though.

I have never shouted abuse at Clare so let’s get that straight. I am however expressing my opinion on a fans forum that he should not be a first choice pick for Hearts team.

Play him through the middle or not at all IMO. 

We're told his an attacking midfielder, he isn't a right mid. Pls Levein. Stop. 

Sign Skinny and lets play a 433

Joel

Smith Souttar Halkett Hickey

Whelan Damour

Clare

Milinkovic Washington Mulraney 

Obviously once Walker and Naismith are back that changes, but certainly looks better than 4141 and other negative shite. 

25 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It’s a “myth”??? 🙈

There is a definite case for him being benched or dropped.

Levein did greet him with a big fanfare as he did with David Vanacek. :cornette:

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He was very clearly introduced as a prospect. I think he needs dropping but I've not written him off.

Not sure he was introduced as anything of the sort (in fact, he was hyped as a massive coup, as per the post you quoted), but even if he was, he quickly became an automatic pick and it’s entirely fair to judge him - and Levein’s signing of, and continued faith in, him - in that context. 

Edited by Peebo

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I have never shouted abuse at Clare so let’s get that straight. I am however expressing my opinion on a fans forum that he should not be a first choice pick for Hearts team.

I agree with you

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Play him through the middle or not at all IMO. 

We're told his an attacking midfielder, he isn't a right mid. Pls Levein. Stop. 

Sign Skinny and lets play a 433

Joel

Smith Souttar Halkett Hickey

Whelan Damour

Clare

Milinkovic Washington Mulraney 

Obviously once Walker and Naismith are back that changes, but certainly looks better than 4141 and other negative shite. 

Andy Irving should start. 

BackOfTheNet
32 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Preferably into three figures for his entire career before people make any rash dismissals of a developing talent.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Peebo said:

Not sure he was introduced as anything or the sort (in fact, he was hyped as a massive coup, as per the post you quoted), but even if he was, he quickly became an automatic pick and it’s entirely fair to judge him - and Levein’s signing of, and continued faith in, him - in that context. 

Levein was excited we got him and thinks he's a good player, stressing he's a young player. That's all. If he had other options in England then what's wrong with mentioning that? I didn't expect him to be a world beater based on that personally. He's similarly saying how excited he is about Meshino. Should he talk the players he signs down?

BackOfTheNet
31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This being the crux of the matter. Definitely has a ring of ‘boo Miko to stick it to Romanov’ about it.