Sean Clare.

Whatever

4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Keep hearing he has something about him 

He doesn't!!!!!! Thats the point. He has nothing about him

The more he plays the more this becomes true. I see the phrase " luxury player"  being used a lot about Clare and that is utter bollocks as well, he's just really poor.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

If he does he keeps it well hidden. 

If any other player was not producing for a few games in a row he would be benched or dropped. 

Yet, he starts every game and the way we are playing we can't afford a passenger. 

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Given that Michael Smith will probably miss next week, 9 games in, Sean Clare will be our only ever present this season if he starts next week!

That in itself is comical.

Think you need spellcheck on. Should read "criminal"

I’m not going to call him names because there’s no need. He’s a Hearts player and a genuinely good lad.

He should most definitely be dropped for Hamilton however because he’s nowhere near first XI Standard at the moment. He simply doesn’t seem to understand the positions he plays and what is expected of him at this level. 

Sean Clare does nothing defensibly he stands and watches looks unsure and uncomforable I watched him for a few games now he is not bad going forward with the ball at his feet tends to lose the ball in tackles but does not chase back to get ball back when losing the ball. The coaching staff should be supporting him in this role and to encourage Sean with his defense role   

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Absolutely f all about him, ever.

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Some of us having being saying that since he arrived, The amount of Dafty's on JKB who told us  all he needs is time, he is being played out of position, he is not fully fit yet etc etc.

There is nothing there. File against another levein failed project.

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

Some of us having being saying that since he arrived, The amount of Dafty's on JKB who told us  all he needs is time, he is being played out of position, he is not fully fit yet etc etc.

He is work shy and lacking in heart,not good enough.

Part of the frustration is that he was lauded as a major coup for Hearts.  But he is being outshone by teenagers and a pacey winger we got from ICT.  I've read that he's fabulous in training.  So what are the coaches doing to make sure that he transfers that ability into the real game situation?

Clerry Jambo
8 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Correct mate 

21 minutes ago, Haken said:

Part of the frustration is that he was lauded as a major coup for Hearts.  But he is being outshone by teenagers and a pacey winger we got from ICT.  I've read that he's fabulous in training.  So what are the coaches doing to make sure that he transfers that ability into the real game situation?

I think that’s one of our main problems. 

pettigrewsstylist

If hes not doing it on a Saturday at 3pm he not a player. Doesnt matter how good he is in FIFA on xbox.

Think about how long he has been here. Think about the return. Think about his best ever performance in that time.

Comedy act!

We_are_the_Hearts

Needs benched. If Mr Stubborn picks him again on Saturday and it doesn't go well again can see the fans turning on him big time and it will all be Levein fault for continuing to pick him

What do the guys who think he is decent see in him? I'm genuinely interested to hear this. I just see a guy who plods around doing next to nothing. He isn't particularly quick. He doesn't seem to have a trick. His dead balls are poor. He isn't physical. He doesn't seem to be a workhorse. He's not decent in the air. He's had a year now but I still can't work out what kind of player he is or what he contributes to the team. If you took him out the team would anyone even notice? Thats the biggest criticism you can level at a player.

Jambosteve1902

So, we're 3 games into league.  he was our best player vs Ross County.  and the other 2 games we were just against a good side away from home where we werent overly involved so i dont see why he's being picked on at all lol its the classic hearts fans at it again if someones shite on debut they're shite period. 

He runs and makes alot more tackles than anyone ever gives him credit for, twice on sunday he pulled brandon out the shiter with last ditch tackles cause he was out of position (brandons hopeless far too eager to run into the winger to try and win ball needs tone it down) 

Not saying he's fantastic by any stretch, but he wasn't our worst player in any game so far this season yet he's the one whos spoken about.  Referencing defensive lazyness,  Kristoffer ajer had a cigar out on sunday the whole game cause mulraney couldnt be arsed chasing him back! 

Edited by Jambosteve1902

Jambosteve1902
Just now, Flaps_98 said:

What do the guys who think he is decent see in him? I'm genuinely interested to hear this. I just see a guy who plods around doing next to nothing. He isn't particularly quick. He doesn't seem to have a trick. His dead balls are poor. He isn't physical. He doesn't seem to be a workhorse. He's not decent in the air. He's had a year now but I still can't work out what kind of player he is or what he contributes to the team. If you took him out the team would anyone even notice? Thats the biggest criticism you can level at a player.

Running with the ball he's our most dangerous player along with Mulraney by a distance, he's the only one willing to run in behind and take the risks .  our best front 4 is without doubt going to be mulraney naisy meshino and washington. however. Clare has a big part to play as we will rotate alot with naisy being injury prone.   and i worry a bit wee meshino will just get Kicked up and down, hoping he's got the quick feet we hear about! he'l need them with Mugs like Darrien McKinnon on the loose!

2 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Running with the ball he's our most dangerous player along with Mulraney by a distance, he's the only one willing to run in behind and take the risks .  our best front 4 is without doubt going to be mulraney naisy meshino and washington. however. Clare has a big part to play as we will rotate alot with naisy being injury prone.   and i worry a bit wee meshino will just get Kicked up and down, hoping he's got the quick feet we hear about! he'l need them with Mugs like Darrien McKinnon on the loose!

4 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

So, we're 3 games into league.  he was our best player vs Ross County.  and the other 2 games we were just against a good side away from home where we werent overly involved so i dont see why he's being picked on at all lol its the classic hearts fans at it again if someones shite on debut they're shite period. 

He runs and makes alot more tackles than anyone ever gives him credit for, twice on sunday he pulled brandon out the shiter with last ditch tackles cause he was out of position (brandons hopeless far too eager to run into the winger to try and win ball needs tone it down) 

Not saying he's fantastic by any stretch, but he wasn't our worst player in any game so far this season yet he's the one whos spoken about.  Referencing defensive lazyness,  Kristoffer ajer had a cigar out on sunday the whole game cause mulraney couldnt be arsed chasing him back! 

3 games into the league yes but he was far too anonymous last season also. Take his penalties away last season and for the fanfare he received when we signed him he just hasn't produced enough often enough for me. He had a couple of decent runs vs Ross County yes, needs to do it much more often and provide end product. Don't get me wrong, we have much bigger problems with our team than Sean Clare. Just very disappointed by him after it being described as a big coup for us to get him.

GorgieFifeLife

One of the worst players I've seen in a Hearts shirt. No enthusiasm, heart or desire and showed little ability on the ball.  Up there with Osh in the failure stakes.

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, Flaps_98 said:

3 games into the league yes but he was far too anonymous last season also. Take his penalties away last season and for the fanfare he received when we signed him he just hasn't produced enough often enough for me. He had a couple of decent runs vs Ross County yes, needs to do it much more often and provide end product. Don't get me wrong, we have much bigger problems with our team than Sean Clare. Just very disappointed by him after it being described as a big coup for us to get him.

I get that too mate, but at same time i dont understand why every game regardless how its gone, theres a sean clare attack from several people! I think our season effectively starts this weekend and i expect a firm skelping off them and a red card for Mackinnon :D 

Jambosteve1902
Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

One of the worst players I've seen in a Hearts shirt. No enthusiasm, heart or desire and showed little ability on the ball.  Up there with Osh in the failure stakes.

Thats complete bull and you know it. 

14 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

What about the 4 league cup games?

And to say he was our best player v RC is misleading. At best, his performance was a 6/10. He was only our best on the day as everyone else put in a 4/10 or worse performance.

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

What about the 4 league cup games?

And to say he was our best player v RC is misleading. At best, his performance was a 6/10. He was only our best on the day as everyone else put in a 4/10 or worse performance.

Doesnt matter, becuase after the Ross County game, it was the sean clare thread where all the chat came again! it happens every week. Walker has been Awful since re-joining  shame on his injury but against aberdeen and ross county was much worse than clare.  No thread, just clare abuse.  but its the way it is!  Just dont like targetting whole teams shite  lets blame clare.  goalie error,  lets blame clare its hilarious

Edited by Jambosteve1902

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Thats complete bull and you know it. 

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.  I stand by my assessment of him.

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.  I stand by my assessment of him.

Okay, next match  watch him and mulraney.  and tell me who works harder off the ball and makes more defensive effort and shows more desire.

51 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Doesnt matter, becuase after the Ross County game, it was the sean clare thread where all the chat came again! it happens every week. Walker has been Awful since re-joining  shame on his injury but against aberdeen and ross county was much worse than clare.  No thread, just clare abuse.  but its the way it is!  Just dont like targetting whole teams shite  lets blame clare.  goalie error,  lets blame clare its hilarious

I disagree about Walker being awful. He has worked extremely hard for the team, and in fact that’s how he got injured. And in Aberdeen Walker scored a lovely goal too.

Clare has been terrible all season, across all 7 games. He might have been the best of a bad bunch in one game, but rotten in the others. He couldn’t even dominate the midfield, or even get involved in the game, against 4 lower league teams.

If he’s going to turn things around the first thing he needs to do is put the effort in all game. 

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

I disagree about Walker being awful. He has worked extremely hard for the team, and in fact that’s how he got injured. And in Aberdeen Walker scored a lovely goal too.

Clare has been terrible all season, across all 7 games. He might have been the best of a bad bunch in one game, but rotten in the others. He couldn’t even dominate the midfield, or even get involved in the game, against 4 lower league teams.

If he’s going to turn things around the first thing he needs to do is put the effort in all game. 

you've proved my point to a tee. Walker was shambolic against aberdeen and the goal just papered over cracks, ross county worst player on park.  Motherwell he was playing decent to be fair was working harder.

57 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Okay, next match  watch him and mulraney.  and tell me who works harder off the ball and makes more defensive effort and shows more desire.

Problem here Jambosteve is the workrate effort and desire should be the absolute bare minimum. Clare was meant to be a marquee signing. We were told this was a big deal and Levein has compared him to Colin Cameron. I'm judging him on his quality which is what he was supposed to bring. He hasn't shown any real quality in a year now for me. Re your point on Walker being rubbish so far, maybe so but he is coming off an injury an operation and hasn't had a full pre-season - remember we were told last season that was the excuse for Clare being poor initially. We know what we have with Walker, he will score goals for us. Clare needs to start producing performances. I doubt anyone has walked away from a Hearts game and gone "Clare was the best player on the park today"

Clare doesn't close down enough, just lets players zip by him at times. He'll happily give someone 5 yards of space to put a ball in the box and he'll half arsed lift his leg to try block it.

He'll put in one or two committed challenges a game but that's it. Rest of the time we are a man down when defending.

1 hour ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Walker was excellent against Dundee United and scored a great goal up at Aberdeen. Sean Clare seems to be afforded constant chances, it's almost as though Levein is trying to be stubborn and prove a point with him. He's now played over 35 matches with Hearts and at very most, has played well a handful of times. It's nothing to do with being a scapegoat for defeats but there are genuine question marks over whether he is good enough for this level.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mort said:

Walker was excellent against Dundee United and scored a great goal up at Aberdeen. Sean Clare seems to be afforded constant chances, it's almost as though Levein is trying to be stubborn and prove a point with him. He's now played over 35 matches with Hearts and at very most, has played well a handful of times. It's nothing to do with being a scapegoat for defeats but there are genuine question marks over whether he is good enough for this level.

Don't agree with why he's played, it's not CL being stubborn. 

If we have a fit Naismith and Walker, now with the loanee signing  he would not play as much. 

He's played so much, particularly last season as we had injuries. 

He's also not Been terrible, he just doesn't do enough over 90, but as I said I think he's played so much due to circumstances and need over want. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

I can tell you already its Mulraney.  I watched Clare at Motherwell and his work rate was shocking.

Jambosteve1902
Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

I can tell you already its Mulraney.  I watched Clare at Motherwell and his work rate was shocking.

well as someone who goes week in week out, i can assure u its not Mulraney lol. Sunday was living proof we got murdered on that side cause he couldnt be arsed tracker Ajer.

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, Jambosteve1902 said:

well as someone who goes week in week out, i can assure u its not Mulraney lol. Sunday was living proof we got murdered on that side cause he couldnt be arsed tracker Ajer.

It was well pointed out in the media that Damour spent all his time doing Clares tracking for him as well as his own job in Sunday.

5 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Correct mate 

I said he looked like someone who had won a football competition  at a Summer Holiday Camp, still think it!

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

It was well pointed out in the media that Damour spent all his time doing Clares tracking for him as well as his own job in Sunday.

Aye football Genius Mikey stewart.  behave man.  thats enough for this topic though theres no educating folk and when people are listening to the media about scottish footie its a sorry sign.

been here before
12 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

:rofl:

That means diddly squat.

What about those who also "go week in week out", of which there are many  who think Clare really isnt up to much.

When you atart spouting that sort of thing you're really only one step away from writing 'FACT' at the end of one of your posts.

Edited by been here before

11 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Aye football Genius Mikey stewart.  behave man.  thats enough for this topic though theres no educating folk and when people are listening to the media about scottish footie its a sorry sign.

Sorry mate - didn't realise you were here to educate us all on football. 

Jambosteve1902
Just now, Flaps_98 said:

Sorry mate - didn't realise you were here to educate us all on football. 

never once said i? childish response. but to to say oh but the media said in relation to our game which is people like Michael Stewart was a pointless comment.  but aye bash on. so many muppets on here its unbelievable

Jambosteve1902
7 minutes ago, been here before said:

:rofl:

That means diddly squat.

What about those who also "go week in week out", of which there are many  who think Clare really isnt up to much.

When you atart spouting that sort of thing you're really only one step away from writing 'FACT' at the end of one of your posts.

was more aimed at the fact he said i seen at the "motherwell game", where as in everygame ive been to theres not once ive looked and thought "hes lazy" he does work hard thats no doubt, but the way he plays doesn't suit us being on the backfoot, which we have been 3 of 4 games.  the well game i didnt think he was that bad and he got a crippling on here as always. 

Who_put_the_ball_in...

The way our fans behave about Sean is ridiculous. He’s a young lad that had a slow start having arrived injured. Aye he’s not been great but certainly not as bad as some make out. 

Our support has always had to have an individual player to turn on at any given time. Back in the day it was Kisnorbo, Miko, Neilson got it for a while etc etc. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

The way our fans behave about Sean is ridiculous. He’s a young lad that had a slow start having arrived injured. Aye he’s not been great but certainly not as bad as some make out. 

Our support has always had to have an individual player to turn on at any given time. Back in the day it was Kisnorbo, Miko, Neilson got it for a while etc etc. 

You don’t get much leeway when you have the talent but are lazy.  It’s worse becuase he has ability. 

I can't get my head round players not trying to make up for the fact they've just been skinned. Happens frequently with Clare in the middle of the park, he just kind of trots after the player half arsed. The last thing I'd be doing is letting said player get away with strolling past me. 

Something odd the way Levein persists with his favourites who constantly fail to deliver on the pitch, but he can pole axe other players at will. Vanecek, Reynolds,  Zanatta are a few who never got the chances that Clare gets. Levein really has a tight grip on our club.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, StSow said:

I can't get my head round players not trying to make up for the fact they've just been skinned. Happens frequently with Clare in the middle of the park, he just kind of trots after the player half arsed. The last thing I'd be doing is letting said player get away with strolling past me. 

exactly.. this is why he gets stuck, he has talent.. he’s lazy, and he’s not a winner ..

whelan was shouting at cochrane in training last week “if you lose it, go get it ****ing back” Sean needs some of this attitude or he won’t make it here. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Something odd the way Levein persists with his favourites who constantly fail to deliver on the pitch, but he can pole axe other players at will. Vanecek, Reynolds,  Zanatta are a few who never got the chances that Clare gets. Levein really has a tight grip on our club.

reynolds? 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

reynolds? 

Why not...? He gave more in two games, (Easter Rd and the final), than Clare has managed in a whole season.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

reynolds? 

Wondering the same. He must really have never got a chance if we've never heard of him

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Why not...? He gave more in two games, (Easter Rd and the final), than Clare has managed in a whole season.

Edwards :facepalm: