Sean Clare.

Whatever

12 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“pish” is harsh however seeing his name on the team sheet week after week is adding to the fans frustrations. 

Agree that he has not done enough to hold his place but “Agenda” people like Geoff don’t help any argument by slating specific players to further their anti-Levein agenda.  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

6 minutes ago, Sid said:

Agree that he has not done enough to hold his place but “Agenda” people like Geoff don’t help any argument by slating specific players to further their anti-Levein agenda.  

I also want Levein replaced as Manager - that doesn’t colour my opinion of Clare as a player Sid.

58 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

My problem with him is whilst he may not be the worst player on the park most weeks this is only because he is anonymous. He isn't involved in the game. It passes him by. Nowhere near influential enough to merit a place in the team.

This is spot on. It's like playing with 10 men. one massive problem is you set up to play a certain way and when you turn round to see Clare hasn't picked up his man or is not in position to receive the ball the game plan is scuppered. Believe it or not it is then easier to play with 10 men because you aren't counting on a player who is posted missing.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I also want Levein replaced as Manager - that doesn’t colour my opinion of Clare as a player Sid.

Sid is a strange chap who seems to be obsessed with me. Best ignored.

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

This is spot on. It's like playing with 10 men. one massive problem is you set up to play a certain way and when you turn round to see Clare hasn't picked up his man or is not in position to receive the ball the game plan is scuppered. Believe it or not it is then easier to play with 10 men because you aren't counting on a player who is posted missing.

That's the thing though. 

If anybody isn't doing there job they should be dropped. 

He seems to get special treatment from our manager. 

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

That's the thing though. 

If anybody isn't doing there job they should be dropped. 

He seems to get special treatment from our manager. 

Levein does himself no favours with the fans continuing to play and praise Clare!

11 minutes ago, Masonic said:

feel like if he doesnt get himself in gear by xmas he could be offski anyone know his wages?

£10k per week

3 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

£10k per week

disgrace man so thats what the £30+ ticket prices for dundee on a cold wed night are going

19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’ve backed Levein pretty much as far as I can. I think he’s done a great job on the Academy, bringing players well above our pay grade to the club. Defensively, fairly sound. Has been unfortunate with injuries to attacking options and Vanecek (I don’t blame him entirely on that signing. He had all the signs of a good player. He let himself down). He now has a pile of options up front. Injuries can no longer be an excuse. I’m not convinced he can set up the attacking side of the game but he’s here am willing/hoping he can turn it around over the next month or so. Failing that, I will be fully on the Levein oot side but based on reality, not agenda. 

11 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Reliable

He could  be on 10k a month , but there is no way hes' on that per week .

Your reliable source isn't very reliable !

27 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Sid is a strange chap who seems to be obsessed with me. Best ignored.

Thought I was. 

View on the signings this Summer yet compared to last?  I’d like a wee while to see them deliver but fairly confident it will be better than last year. 

9 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

£10k per week

Absolute nonsense. 

We don't dish out wages anything like that anymore. 

heartsfc_fan

£10k a week 🤣 imagine what senior players like Berra and Naismith would think of that.

It'll be £10k a month.

Dallas Green
21 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Reliable

There is no chance we are paying him 10k per week. Your reliable source is completely wrong.

Tynecastle Valhalla

£10k a week 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

come on behave yourself 

Dallas Green
13 minutes ago, Masonic said:

disgrace man so thats what the £30+ ticket prices for dundee on a cold wed night are going

He isn't on 10k a week ffs

been here before
1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

Yes according to training ground source.

The lassie who works on the reception at the Oriam? One of the boys in the cafe upstairs?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Flaps_98 said:

Nonsense. Rudi was a luxury player. Luxury players are ones who provide quality and can win you a match with a moment of brilliance. Clare has never showed anything which suggest he is capable of this. Di Canio was a luxury player for his teams. The other players give an extra 10% to make up for the lack of work these guys do off the ball. Levein wanted to play Clare in centre mid this season. You wouldn't play a luxury player in the absolute engine room of the team.

Luxury player 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, been here before said:

The lassie who works on the reception at the Oriam? One of the boys in the cafe upstairs?

Car park attendant 

Canny mind seeing him against Celtic, missed a penalty against Motherwell and I canny mind seeing him other than that. Played a great pass that someone failed to read in the first half against Ross County. In the second he had two great runs at their defence, one where he held onto the ball too long and another the left back took the ball off him like taking sweeties fi a bairn (and he lay on the ground like a bairn wanting a foul).

Aberdeen and all the LC games, canny mind him being involved other than missing a penalty in the East Fife shootout. He’s no worth £10 a week, never mind £10K. 

been here before
15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Car park attendant 

Nah he told me he was in 12k a week.

He doesnt know what Sean Clare's on though.

We_are_the_Hearts

His wage might explain why he keeps starting. For Levein to say he played well at Parkhead is an insult to the fans.

£10K a week sounds a lot but is it really so far fetched, with bonuses, if we win? I doubt his basic is anywhere near that but my limited knowledge of football wages is that of a Hibs fringe player who I know fairly well. He receives his basic, plus appearance money if he plays. If they win, he gets £3,000 on top, courtesy of a £1,000 per point bonus. He’s nowhere near established but could potentially earn almost £4,000 in a week. 

Of course at the moment neither my friend’s lad or Sean Clare are getting anywhere near win bonuses but is it so unfeasible to suggest that Sean Clare is on £3K basic (plus £1,000 per appearance) and £2K per point? 

pettigrewsstylist
17 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

1. I’m disappointed in just how many people seem to be gleeful that Clare has been criticised on Sportscene

2. The discussion about someone who is still a young fledgling player learning his trade is all the more disappointing

I'm not saying he’s the best thing since sliced bread, I'm not even saying he’ll come good. He may slip away into obscurity. But what I am saying is there’s too many people looking to discourage and dismiss rather than encourage development.

1.We exist to win football matches

2. How many pay cheque till  fledged? Will Springwatch be coming to live film the fledge? 😂😂

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It's classic Levein he wants him to be a central midfielder and is asking him to do something that does not suit his style.

Although he is quite a big lad he is not very physical and has long periods throughout games where he simply hides and contributes nothing.

He does have some nice touches at times but not often enough. He is played every week no matter what when other players might have been worth a try.

He will be 23 in a few weeks so he is hardly a youngster as some on here seem to be suggesting. Look at the likes of Lewis Ferguson at Aberdeen how hard he works and gets involved and he is only just 20.

21 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Shaggy you still reffing? If so stick to it.

Great answer! Just asking the question if it’s unfeasible that we COULD pay him that much if all goes well in a week. 

I stated that I don’t believe Sean Clare’s wages are anywhere near £10K basic and I’ve conceded that I’m speculating but how much do YOU think an established Hearts first pick is getting, including bonuses, for a win if a Hibs fringe player has a grand a point written into his contract? Maybe JamboSpur can clarify?

I’m sure Souttar and Haring extending deals and getting Naismith for 4 years wasn’t cheap and they’ll not be going home with just a basic wage if we’re succeeding on the pitch. 

We’ll possibly be paying Sean Clare his signing on fee over the course of his contract, which will bump up his wages. Goal bonuses (haha) and pounds per points will be added in as well. 

Edited by Shaggy2

2 hours ago, Sid said:

I’ve backed Levein pretty much as far as I can. I think he’s done a great job on the Academy, bringing players well above our pay grade to the club. Defensively, fairly sound. Has been unfortunate with injuries to attacking options and Vanecek (I don’t blame him entirely on that signing. He had all the signs of a good player. He let himself down). He now has a pile of options up front. Injuries can no longer be an excuse. I’m not convinced he can set up the attacking side of the game but he’s here am willing/hoping he can turn it around over the next month or so. Failing that, I will be fully on the Levein oot side but based on reality, not agenda. 

Pretty much agree with most of that Sid.

One thing you will need to explain is this “agenda” against Levein - what non footballing issues form this agenda?

4 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Clare does a lot of work that the "kickback Guardiola's" don't see as they are blinded, could be better but is doing okay and has time on his side as still a young lad.

Must be my referee training that has me watching what’s actually going on in a football match rather than some imposter on the fringes fooling some people into thinking he’s a player. Reffed, and played with/against plenty of those at amateur level! 😀

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Flaps_98 said:

Nonsense

Opinions. Explain why he isn't a luxury and I might agree

21 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Pretty much agree with most of that Sid.

One thing you will need to explain is this “agenda” against Levein - what non footballing issues form this agenda?

By “Agenda” I mean a blinkered view that Levein is to blame for all things real or perceived just because we haven’t won the League and cups under him eg Academy should be producing World beaters from standing start after Admin to fill the team and sell for millions. We should not get injuries. Every player he has recruited is rubbish. He doesn’t want to play attacking football (I’m not sure he’s capable of setting up the team to deliver it but if you look at the forward thinking players he has signed, can’t agree he “doesn’t want”). 

We have clearly stalled in our progress but I think we over-achieved first season and we’re ahead of our financial capabilities the next couple of seasons but people expected constant progress. Levein took many risks to attempt to deliver. Ultimately failing. 

41 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Opinions. Explain why he isn't a luxury and I might agree

Explain why you think he’s a luxury player. 

34 minutes ago, Sid said:

By “Agenda” I mean a blinkered view that Levein is to blame for all things real or perceived just because we haven’t won the League and cups under him eg Academy should be producing World beaters from standing start after Admin to fill the team and sell for millions. We should not get injuries. Every player he has recruited is rubbish. He doesn’t want to play attacking football (I’m not sure he’s capable of setting up the team to deliver it but if you look at the forward thinking players he has signed, can’t agree he “doesn’t want”). 

We have clearly stalled in our progress but I think we over-achieved first season and we’re ahead of our financial capabilities the next couple of seasons but people expected constant progress. Levein took many risks to attempt to deliver. Ultimately failing. 

Sorry Sid that is just nonsense!  No Hearts fan is blaming Levein for not winning the league or cups - they are blaming him for appointing Cathro, two piss poor seasons and a poor start to this one, not to mention the eye bleeding football under him.

At the moment Sean Clare doesn't do anything to be considered a luxury player. 

Players like Skacel are luxury players - don't do much for the team, but bang a few in the top corner more often than not.

I have been a huge supporter of Clare in the hope he produces, and he still might, but at this moment he is a complete meh player. 

So he is 22 years old has not been a season at club and a lot of you are writing him off already.

Amateur refs, bad taxi drivers you should all hang your head in shame, go and watch him train, confidence is an issue for sure, cannot believe that I am the only one who sees something.

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

So he is 22 years old has not been a season at club and a lot of you are writing him off already.

Amateur refs, bad taxi drivers you should all hang your head in shame, go and watch him train, confidence is an issue for sure, cannot believe that I am the only one who sees something.

You're not. Plenty of us see something, but there’s a scapegoat to be had and he’s currently it. He’s not set the world alight and other people (not him, another myth) have said he’ll be great. And people are getting angry at Clare for the opinions of others. Way to “support”.

33 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sorry Sid that is just nonsense!  No Hearts fan is blaming Levein for not winning the league or cups - they are blaming him for appointing Cathro, two piss poor seasons and a poor start to this one, not to mention the eye bleeding football under him.

Some are a bit more specific and wider than that. Eg see Geoff’ comments on transfers this season, season ticket sales, Vanacek and Clare etc etc etc. 

The Internet

Wouldn't say he's a luxury player and don't want him to be. Think he can be the guy that drives forward from midfield and arrives in the box to finish, really needs to step it up though as even I'm losing patience. 

17 minutes ago, Sid said:

Some are a bit more specific and wider than that. Eg see Geoff’ comments on transfers this season, season ticket sales, Vanacek and Clare etc etc etc. 

We're supposed to be playing catch up with the teams established in the league. We are in fact going in the opposite direction.

Gimme an H...
43 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Clare will follow Olly Lee back down south before long. Another waste of time.

Correct.

He's had a **** load more chances than a lot of other players in the hope he produces a decent performance and 9/10 times he's been absolutely dugsh*te.

49 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

and your high level football qualification is?????

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

£10K a week sounds a lot but is it really so far fetched, with bonuses, if we win? I doubt his basic is anywhere near that but my limited knowledge of football wages is that of a Hibs fringe player who I know fairly well. He receives his basic, plus appearance money if he plays. If they win, he gets £3,000 on top, courtesy of a £1,000 per point bonus. He’s nowhere near established but could potentially earn almost £4,000 in a week. 

Of course at the moment neither my friend’s lad or Sean Clare are getting anywhere near win bonuses but is it so unfeasible to suggest that Sean Clare is on £3K basic (plus £1,000 per appearance) and £2K per point? 

The £10k a week is not a straight £10k it’s built up. This was negotiated in order to ‘secure him’ ahead of bigger spending English clubs on the thought that he’d turn out to be excellent and could be sold on for massive profit.

its another levein project and another levein failure.

27 minutes ago, Sid said:

Has Geoff blamed Levein for not winning the League or Cups as you suggested??