Sean Clare.

Whatever

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Before joining us he had 24 professional games, most from the bench. He signed his first professional contract at 18/19 after falling out of the system. I say he’s raw because you’ve got 16/17 year-olds in our squad that will be more used to the day to day ins and outs of a football club than Clare as he technically had a break from it. Only to then do the Tom Rogic route (Nike Academy) to get back into the scene.

So after 24 appearances by the time he’s 21 he joins us injured, plays a lot of games for us last season (35) but those games were at right back, right wing back, centre midfield, right midfield, right wing, left midfield, left wing, attacking midfield, support striker. He’s only had one full season as a professional, never in one settled position and there will be instances where he won’t be on the same page as teammates as he’s not had the same route into professional football they have.

I’m not making excuses for the guy, I’m just saying he had 24 (not full 90 mins) appearances before joining us which is less than Harry Cochrane has played. And we’re willing to give Harry the time and leeway.

At least you do admit to him having quality aspects of his game unlike the “I don’t see it” crowd. I see someone actually willing to get on the ball (when not lumped over his head), I see someone willing to try things like skill or a slide through pass, rather than just the safe option, I see someone with great technique, speed, agility and as previously stated a great attitude. I personally think if he bulks up a little, starts playing regularly in one position and with more experience improves the decision making aspect of his game he will be great for us. Do I know it’ll happen? No. Do I think it can? Of course.

Should he be “learning his trade” at his age with a club like Hearts? Why was he emptied out of the system? What does he do that’s good, as others have asked? Why did Sheff Wed (other than a few fans who thought “there was a player in there”) no exactly give a shit he left for virtually nowt? 

Boy’s rubbish and he’s seriously won a watch earning a living as a pro footballer. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

BackOfTheNet
3 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Should he be “learning his trade” at his age with a club like Hearts? Why was he emptied out of the system? What does he do that’s good, as others have asked? Why did Sheff Wed (other than a few fans who thought “there was a player in there”) no exactly give a shit he left for virtually nowt? 

Boy’s rubbish and he’s seriously won a watch earning a living as a pro footballer. 

Sheff Wed offered him an extension and he refused as he wanted to find a club where he’d have more game time and a chance to develop. As for what he does, I’ve already specified that in the post I’ve quoted. If you refuse to see any of that then that’s your opinion. You’re entitled to it, just as I am entitled to say your opinion is nonsense.

18 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Another Sean Clare thread.

Yay. This hasn't been done to ****ing death.

The new Djoum. 

Soapy Soutar
6 hours ago, skodef said:

Clare feckin rubbish get rid pure gash he is. No heart and dare I say it no skill so Levein likes him .Joke feckin shocking player. 

Almost as shocking as your post

Soapy Soutar
1 minute ago, skodef said:

Are you trying to say he's any good Soapy 

I think he has ability,i think he could be  a asset but not sure what position suits him best.Id also say he has good skill and technique.I dont think he should be in our starting 11 but on the bench.

I wouldnt say he is feckin rubbish or pure gash.

Id also say its nonsense to claim levein would like a player because he has no heart or skill as you put it.

Nor would i say he is shocking

I await your intelligent response

4 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

I think he has ability,i think he could be  a asset but not sure what position suits him best.Id also say he has good skill and technique.I dont think he should be in our starting 11 but on the bench.

I wouldnt say he is feckin rubbish or pure gash.

Id also say its nonsense to claim levein would like a player because he has no heart or skill as you put it.

Nor would i say he is shocking

I await your intelligent response

Ok have seen him multiple times and just think he has very little skill and doesn't really seam interested when he is playing also a lot of his passing usually ends up to the opposition. Hope that response is intelligent enough for you.

Soapy Soutar
1 minute ago, skodef said:

Ok have seen him multiple times and just think he has very little skill and doesn't really seam interested when he is playing also a lot of his passing usually ends up to the opposition. Hope that response is intelligent enough for you.

I think he has skill and good technique i dont think many would argue with that,his effort,desire,commitment is Ll questionable and he has no heart id give you that.Passing ability cant say ive noticed it being poor.

Your last response was a bit more in depth than your first

1 minute ago, Soapy Soutar said:

I think he has skill and good technique i dont think many would argue with that,his effort,desire,commitment is Ll questionable and he has no heart id give you that.Passing ability cant say ive noticed it being poor.

Thanks bud .Am hoping he proves me wrong and makes me eat my words.

BackOfTheNet

Where does this ‘he has no heart, desire or effort’ chat come from? Because he doesn’t have veins popping out the side of his neck like Morrison doesn’t mean he doesn’t try or put in effort. That’s another myth I’m afraid.

Soapy Soutar
6 hours ago, skodef said:

Clare feckin rubbish get rid pure gash he is. No heart and dare I say it no skill so Levein likes him .Joke feckin shocking player. 

3 minutes ago, skodef said:

Thanks bud .Am hoping he proves me wrong and makes me eat my words.

Enjoy😃

1 hour ago, Soapy Soutar said:

I would totally disagree! I think he has less than average ability, the heart of a moose and as someone has said how he is earning a living as a pro footballer is absolutely baffling! Having watched Edinburgh City a few times over the past two seasons, there are far, far better players earning peanuts in lower divisions. 

Even great players play and run for 90 minutes you can see them when they are interviewed after games that they have given everything. Clare on the other hand needs to get involved more It might be unfair to say he hides but he's got to make himself more available to receive the ball and not just get rid of it as soon as he gets it. It can feel we are playing with 10 men sometimes.

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, sandyseymour said:

Clare would be a decent player in a decent team....unfortunately 🙄

What does this actually mean - so if he has 10 other minders he will be a player!!!

ffs a player stands up for himself aligned with obvious need to have ability. 

Lets hope he runs the show on Saturday with his elegant runs and maybe a goal or 2 and I’ll be first on his thread 

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Even great players play and run for 90 minutes you can see them when they are interviewed after games that they have given everything. Clare on the other hand needs to get involved more It might be unfair to say he hides but he's got to make himself more available to receive the ball and not just get rid of it as soon as he gets it. It can feel we are playing with 10 men sometimes.

It’s astonishing what others see. I see Clare as one of the only ones not to shy away from a pass. And in fact one of the only ones to try a different pass other than left to right and back and forth. He also doesn’t hide and play it safe if one pass goes awry. He’s constantly showing, I’m not sure why people don’t see this.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s astonishing what others see. I see Clare as one of the only ones not to shy away from a pass. And in fact one of the only ones to try a different pass other than left to right and back and forth. He also doesn’t hide and play it safe if one pass goes awry. He’s constantly showing, I’m not sure why people don’t see this.

We must be missing something your seeing.

been here before
10 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Before joining us he had 24 professional games, most from the bench. He signed his first professional contract at 18/19 after falling out of the system. I say he’s raw because you’ve got 16/17 year-olds in our squad that will be more used to the day to day ins and outs of a football club than Clare as he technically had a break from it. Only to then do the Tom Rogic route (Nike Academy) to get back into the scene.

So after 24 appearances by the time he’s 21 he joins us injured, plays a lot of games for us last season (35) but those games were at right back, right wing back, centre midfield, right midfield, right wing, left midfield, left wing, attacking midfield, support striker. He’s only had one full season as a professional, never in one settled position and there will be instances where he won’t be on the same page as teammates as he’s not had the same route into professional football they have.

I’m not making excuses for the guy, I’m just saying he had 24 (not full 90 mins) appearances before joining us which is less than Harry Cochrane has played. And we’re willing to give Harry the time and leeway.

At least you do admit to him having quality aspects of his game unlike the “I don’t see it” crowd. I see someone actually willing to get on the ball (when not lumped over his head), I see someone willing to try things like skill or a slide through pass, rather than just the safe option, I see someone with great technique, speed, agility and as previously stated a great attitude. I personally think if he bulks up a little, starts playing regularly in one position and with more experience improves the decision making aspect of his game he will be great for us. Do I know it’ll happen? No. Do I think it can? Of course.

4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sheff Wed offered him an extension and he refused as he wanted to find a club where he’d have more game time and a chance to develop. As for what he does, I’ve already specified that in the post I’ve quoted. If you refuse to see any of that then that’s your opinion. You’re entitled to it, just as I am entitled to say your opinion is nonsense.

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Where does this ‘he has no heart, desire or effort’ chat come from? Because he doesn’t have veins popping out the side of his neck like Morrison doesn’t mean he doesn’t try or put in effort. That’s another myth I’m afraid.

49 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hiya Sean, hiya....

👋

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Hiya Sean, hiya....

👋

Let me know when your Fringe show is on funnybaws 

been here before
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Let me know when your Fringe show is on funnybaws 

Nae bother.

Incase you miss out here's a preview of the comedy gold Ill be firing out...

Before joining us he had 24 professional games, most from the bench. He signed his first professional contract at 18/19 after falling out of the system. I say he’s raw because you’ve got 16/17 year-olds in our squad that will be more used to the day to day ins and outs of a football club than Clare as he technically had a break from it. Only to then do the Tom Rogic route (Nike Academy) to get back into the scene.

So after 24 appearances by the time he’s 21 he joins us injured, plays a lot of games for us last season (35) but those games were at right back, right wing back, centre midfield, right midfield, right wing, left midfield, left wing, attacking midfield, support striker. He’s only had one full season as a professional, never in one settled position and there will be instances where he won’t be on the same page as teammates as he’s not had the same route into professional football they have.

I’m not making excuses for the guy, I’m justsaying he had 24 (not full 90 mins) appearances before joining us which is less than Harry Cochrane has played. And we’re willing to give Harry the time and leeway.

At least you do admit to him having quality aspects of his game unlike the “I don’t see it” crowd. I see someone actually willing to get on the ball (when not lumped over his head), I see someone willing to try things like skill or a slide through pass, rather than just the safe option, I see someone with great technique, speed, agility and as previously stated a great attitude. I personally think if he bulks up a little, startsplaying regularly in one position and with more experience improves the decision making aspect of his game he will be great for us. Do I know it’ll happen? No. Do I think it can? Of course.

Sheff Wed offered him an extension and he refused as he wanted to find a club where he’d have more game time and a chance to develop. As for what he does, I’ve already specified that in the post I’ve quoted. If you refuse to see any of that then that’s your opinion. You’re entitled to it, just as I am entitled to say your opinion is nonsense

That lots got to be worth an 'Eddie'.

Edited by been here before

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

You forgot  his complete lack of tenacity or presence which can sometimes elevate the average.

Diadora Van Basten

I don’t see anything there to say he is going to be a good player. We have tried him in various positions none of which have suited him. I think he should be a squad player at best and not in the starting 11.

Jambosteve1902
10 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I don’t see anything there to say he is going to be a good player. We have tried him in various positions none of which have suited him. I think he should be a squad player at best and not in the starting 11.

facepalm

16 hours ago, been here before said:

Hiya Sean, hiya....

👋

tbh i agree with everything he's said.  Clares by far our most techinically gifted footballer when he drives with the ball he doesnt get tackled without a foul. but he has no license to do it. Whelans introduction he'l be a different player anyone with an ounce of a footballing brain would know that. Irvings okay in patches but clares spent alot of the games babysitting him and talking to him and cover space.  if you re-watch the game at Pittodrie he recovered posession that irving lost atleast 6 times in first half. 

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Our best player today.

This.  Totally agree.

He was trying to make something happen but at the same time, if no one making movement to accept pass or through ball what can he do. He tried to make something happen. 

Lets be honest Naismith and Uche were poor. Walker got stuck in but didn’t offer much going forward really. He only had Washington. 

Clare, Loic and Washington were only ones with pass marks out with Halkett, Smith and White.  

There’s players ten a penny out there like him.

But he’s painted as some outstanding talent dragging Hearts through games. Baffling?

I think 2 or 3 Ross County players played as well ,if not better , than him. A few fleeting glimpses of promise but that’s what you always get. 

Thing is, maybe a manager who can tap into what makes him really tick and where he is more suited to play could see the guy blossom and become much more imposing?  

Played well today, particularly first half. Actually tried to score from outside the box. Probably get a row for trying.

18 minutes ago, simplesimon said:

If you were a scout watching Hearts today, he's the only one you would have deemed worth following up on

100% correct head and shoulders above eveyone else in the Hearts team

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I’m calling this BS but I read on another thread that he’s on 10 k a week, surely not true?

Correct.its not true.

Sorry, still not seeing it. The occasional flash of good play but never imposes himself in a game

One of the better players today but that is damning with incredibly faint praise.

18 minutes ago, PB21 said:

No he’s not 

I have seen Sean Clare have a couple of half decent games since he has signed.

And a couple of decent ones.

That's it.

I've seen Macdonald with a fraction  of the time on the pitch play a lot better.

14 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Sorry, still not seeing it. The occasional flash of good play but never imposes himself in a game

One of the better players today but that is damning with incredibly faint praise.

Agree.

5 minutes ago, jake said:

I have seen Sean Clare have a couple of half decent games since he has signed.

And a couple of decent ones.

That's it.

I've seen Macdonald with a fraction  of the time on the pitch play a lot better.

Against who has McDonald done this? 

Clare was our best player by an absolute mile today. The only hearts fans that dislike him are the same ones that disliked djoum and isma

I’m not his biggest fan as I find him frustrating , I can’t understand why so many are on his back especially when he makes a sideways pass (keeping possession) almost willing him to make a bad pass so they can have a pop . It’s a myth he bottles tackles as well.

Has a lot to do to live up to the hype, he looks like he can do something when he runs with the ball -  just needs to do it more often.

2 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Against who has McDonald done this? 

Now you are asking?

I couldn't honestly say .

But when I have seen him I've been impressed.

I've never been that with Clare.

I could I suppose check out the very few times Macdonald has played.

But fek that.

What I will say is that I've always wondered why he didnt get more chances.