Sean Clare.

Whatever

Anyone could see this guy wasn't good enough last season. To go into a new season and think someone who couldn't influence a game whatsoever playing RM, and think he's the man for our main  CM position?! Abysmal management. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

No need to apologise. If we're being honest Ive never noticed you, let alone wanted an apology from you until you popped up here making no point in particular.

Good you got there with the contribution.

👍

Very hurtful 😂

I just don't get the hype with him. Some on here keep saying he's got the ability and will come good but I just don't see it myself.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I just don't get the hype with him. Some on here keep saying he's got the ability and will come good but I just don't see it myself.

He does have ability, no doubt.. but you see it on no more than occasional flashes.. contributes nothing for 85 mins, has a nice run now and then and gets picked again for next week 🤦‍♂️

16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t remember it honestly. 

We’ve won 4 games in 2019.  He scored in 3 of them (Killie away, Dundee away and Aberdeen at home).  

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

There would only have been a few hundred jambos at the game what’s your shite point. The man is garbage end off

Think there was more than a few hundred of us there 

43 minutes ago, been here before said:

Somewhere on this Sean Clare thread or one of the others I posted something along the lines of the following...

We were told he needed time to recover from his lay off- he's had that.

We were told he needed time in at a new club and a new country- he's had that.

We were told he needed a pre season- he's had that.

We were told he needed a goal- he's had that.

We were told he needed games- he's had that.

So whay doesnt it seem to be working to so many of us?

You do have a point with this post. I’m not for Bashing our players but just how many chances do we give players before we realise they’re not and never will be good enough for us? Would rather bash our current captain if I’m honest. Which beggars the question.....when can we get a new and a REAL captain? It’s not that we don’t have candidates. I want to see REAL leaders on the park and we only have two...Naismith and Halkett 🇱🇻

45 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

His goals last season were probably the difference between top six and bottom six.    Played well once he found his rhythm last season but he’s had mixed fortunes so far this season.

He only scored 3.

:berra:

53 minutes ago, been here before said:

Somewhere on this Sean Clare thread or one of the others I posted something along the lines of the following...

We were told he needed time to recover from his lay off- he's had that.

We were told he needed time in at a new club and a new country- he's had that.

We were told he needed a pre season- he's had that.

We were told he needed a goal- he's had that.

We were told he needed games- he's had that.

So whay doesnt it seem to be working to so many of us?

So you wrote a post repeating yourself 5 times then wrote it again here...

2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

far from the worst today 

He’s rarely up with the best performers though.

Clare has been here almost a year and he’s put in fewer decent performances than Olly Lee who most aren’t bothered about leaving.

Like many other players he's posted missing far too often. 

Nothing there 95% of the time. 

A change in management might help but chances of that happening...

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Im not realy sure spelling is reelly used as a marcker for measring intelligence per se, but if it mackes you feel like youv'e achieved something on the internet thenn Im pleased for you, reelly.

I'll obviouslly take your word fore it on your final sentence.

You're a sort off Shaun Claire off the spelling police Ill bet

Not sure what you hoped to achieve by insinuating another Hearts supporter lacked the intelligence to get your meaning.

However, here's another clue - it wasn't a spelling mistake.....

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

He is one of them luxury players but without the good bits

Haha exactly. 

The guy is torture.

Give him a few games...

When he gets used to the league...

Wait till he is fit...

A proper pre season and he will be rairing to go...

Once Naismith is back space will open up for him and we will see how good he is...

A new manager would bring the best out of him...

Nope to all the above, he is brutal.

Is there still people backing this guy. I’ve never seen one player given so many chances. I though he had some sort of talent and would improve this season but he just does absolutely nothing. 

Had Damour doing his dirty work today rather than tracking back and trying to make a tackle jogs back not good enough. Highlighted big time on sportscene his positional sense is null. 

Clare and Mulraney = no end product. 

What's the point of them? attacking players that provide no goals or assists, great. 

Oh but wait, there's a player there. How can you not see it? Is because your racist? (Yawn)

Couple of forward runs and some sideways passes and we're suppose to believe there's more to come.

How about scoring a goal...or at least having a pop at goal, drive into the box to make something happen. Make a late run to score, get positioned at the back post for a chance. Get at the opposition ffs show us your not clueless, mechanical players!

21 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Clare and Mulraney = no end product. 

What's the point of them? attacking players that provide no goals or assists, great. 

Oh but wait, there's a player there. How can you not see it? Is because your racist? (Yawn)

Couple of forward runs and some sideways passes and we're suppose to believe there's more to come.

How about scoring a goal...or at least having a pop at goal, drive into the box to make something happen. Make a late run to score, get positioned at the back post for a chance. Get at the opposition ffs show us your not clueless, mechanical players!

You wonder how these guys made it really?  Devoid of tenacity, a hunger to burst into dangerous areas, a desire to get shots in etc....

I’m at a loss as to how we continue to tolerate sub standard players?  You think of what we’ve had over the years and you start to think some players who actually used to split opinion you’d probably take now!   

I think we have an alarming concoction just now of some players without the stomach to play for Hearts and a management not reinforcing certain aspects must be better from players.  

Ernie Eskilsson
8 hours ago, jambopilms said:

He is one of them luxury players but without the good bits

Good summary of Clare; a luxury player without the luxury...

chuck berrys hairline

Michael Stewart ripped into him on Sportscene claiming he does absolutely nothing, excels at nothing so what exactly does he do......nothing! Said it at the start and I'll say it again he gets the sympathy pick. We are a professional football team not some under 11s who's owners wee laddie needs a game. Get him punted ASAP

Sean Clare will never make it at Hearts 

Or anywhere else in football 

Lets be honest here

We where duped again 

Once a new man come in he'll be punted back down south to the Lowland leagues 

Gordon Ramsay

Occasionally gets the ball and drives at people and he actually looks half decent. 

That seems to be all he can do though. Can't pass, tackle or shoot. 

pettigrewsstylist
11 hours ago, stotty said:

Anyone could see this guy wasn't good enough last season. To go into a new season and think someone who couldn't influence a game whatsoever playing RM, and think he's the man for our main  CM position?! Abysmal management. 

Agenda driven blindness

A_A wehatethehibs

I’d be willing to give Clare the benefit of the doubt under a new manager with a positive mindset. 

The players are not the problem, there’s no point having a pop at players. Levein could clear out all these players and replace them all, the outcome would be the same we’d have some other non-performer at CM instead of Clare. 

pettigrewsstylist

Edouards late winner at Tynie left me speechless last yr. Pulling on the maroon means nothing to this guy. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’d be willing to give Clare the benefit of the doubt under a new manager with a positive mindset. 

The players are not the problem, there’s no point having a pop at players. Levein could clear out all these players and replace them all, the outcome would be the same we’d have some other non-performer at CM instead of Clare. 

Element of truth in that but Levein appears to be standing in cement. Besides, a grafter will always graft. Clare....nah!

20 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Sean Clare will never make it at Hearts 

Or anywhere else in football 

Lets be honest here

We where duped again 

Once a new man come in he'll be punted back down south to the Lowland leagues 

Spot on. 

Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge saw from day 1 this guy wasn't the player that many, many people on here said/thought he would be! The only reason he is playing is because he is on good money and therefore NOT playing him might bring into question the manager's decision to go all out to get him!  

Edited by bobskeldon

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
13 hours ago, DH1986 said:

He’s rarely up with the best performers though.

Clare has been here almost a year and he’s put in fewer decent performances than Olly Lee who most aren’t bothered about leaving.

agreed he needs to step up

in theory with our new experienced and supposed better-level midfielders he should flourish if he ever is going to

like levein his time is running out

It’s amazing how Levein and the Scouting Team seem to regularly get tricked into giving contracts to people who aren’t footballers. Clare, Vanachek, Juwon Osh, Malaury Martin, Danny Amankwaa etc

heartsfc_fan

He has something about him but needs dropped - this hasn't happened as Walker and Naismith are injured imo.

I see hoddit and doddit on sportscene even picked up on how poor his positional play is.

He's not a team player and he isn't the guy you want by your side going into a battle. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

I see hoddit and doddit on sportscene even picked up on how poor his positional play is.

He's not a team player and he isn't the guy you want by your side going into a battle. 

That will be Levein's press conference on Thursday sorted then.

Bazzas right boot

He can obviously play a bit, but imo he reminds me of Tony watt a bit. 

Great technique, good touch can go past a player easily but is he effective enough over 90 minutes? 

The answer atm is no. 

I think he'll be dropped for Naismith and used more sparingly, he does not merit a starting berth every week atm. 

With him and now walker injured he's playing more than he should, a bit like last season. 

Our loan signing will also be an option. 

He has his place, but needs dropped atm and I think will be. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Geoff Kilpatrick

Given that Michael Smith will probably miss next week, 9 games in, Sean Clare will be our only ever present this season if he starts next week!

That in itself is comical.

On 04/08/2019 at 19:39, PB21 said:

As soon as hearts lose, guaranteed to be a Sean Clare post. Every time! 

If Walker hadn’t scored today it would’ve been the same. 

Rubbish!

On 04/08/2019 at 20:05, been here before said:

Can I book a slot to start next weeks Sean Clare thread please or do I have to wait until nearer the time?

Well as Levein will have already automatically booked Clare a slot in the starting lineup bash on pal......👍

Edited by Thomaso

8 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

He has something about him but needs dropped - this hasn't happened as Walker and Naismith are injured imo.

Keep hearing he has something about him 

He doesn't!!!!!! Thats the point. He has nothing about him