Sean Clare.

Whatever

1 minute ago, Miko said:

Clare was our best player by an absolute mile today. The only hearts fans that dislike him are the same ones that disliked djoum and isma

Clare with haring Whelan or a match fit loic doing the donkey work he will excel this year imo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

2 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

I’m not his biggest fan as I find him frustrating , I can’t understand why so many are on his back especially when he makes a sideways pass (keeping possession) almost willing him to make a bad pass so they can have a pop . It’s a myth he bottles tackles as well.

Has a lot to do to live up to the hype, he looks like he can do something when he runs with the ball -  just needs to do it more often.

Because he is supposed to be playing the position which creates and or drives.

Think we are all sick of 3 passes across the back into midfield back to Berra and hoof.

Its Terry butcher hibs style.

BackOfTheNet

You can see what I think about Clare based on my previous comments on this thread. All I have to say is some fans are stubborn, they made their mind up about a young fledgling player early, went way too over the top about it and now have the blinkers on. He was man of the match today, anyone not seeing it is refusing to see it rather than missing it. If Irving, Cochrane, C. Smith or Henderson put in the performance he did today you’d all be excited for what they could be in the future.

I thought he was the only player in our team that did anything resembling a bit of Quality. Our best player today in a midden of shite. 

11 minutes ago, Miko said:

Clare was our best player by an absolute mile today. The only hearts fans that dislike him are the same ones that disliked djoum and isma

Agreed. Why I dismiss the opinion of 80% posters.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You can see what I think about Clare based on my previous comments on this thread. All I have to say is some fans are stubborn, they made their mind up about a young fledgling player early, went way too over the top about it and now have the blinkers on. He was man of the match today, anyone not seeing it is refusing to see it rather than missing it. If Irving, Cochrane, C. Smith or Henderson put in the performance he did today you’d all be excited for what they could be in the future.

So stubborn the guy who started the thread bumped it to say he was our best player today?🤷‍♂️

Stop talking shite.

12 minutes ago, jake said:

Now you are asking?

I couldn't honestly say .

But when I have seen him I've been impressed.

I've never been that with Clare.

I could I suppose check out the very few times Macdonald has played.

But fek that.

What I will say is that I've always wondered why he didnt get more chances.

He had bit of attitude issue after he first broke into the team, I know that much. That’s why he kinda disappeared a bit. 

He got a chance in betfred cup so far this year but nothing since. He may end up out on loan again in fairness. 

Clare looks absolutely fantastic driving at players, one of the better players today, a lot of times there was no movement in front meaning he had to either go backwards or play a poor pass, the guy is clearly a very good player I just don’t think we have found his position yet 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I thought he was the only player in our team that did anything resembling a bit of Quality. Our best player today in a midden of shite. 

Yip. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

So stubborn the guy who started the thread bumped it to say he was our best player today?🤷‍♂️

Stop talking shite.

I said “some fans”, I didn’t mention anyone in particular. My points stand.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I said “some fans”, I didn’t mention anyone in particular. My points stand.

Stop hiding behind words on the internet.

Quote them.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Whatever said:

Stop hiding behind words on the internet.

Quote them.

Too many to quote. Look at this thread and the match ratings thread - if anyone said Clare had a bad game or wasn’t man of the match today then they’re stubborn and digging their heels in.

18 minutes ago, jake said:

Because he is supposed to be playing the position which creates and or drives.

Think we are all sick of 3 passes across the back into midfield back to Berra and hoof.

Its Terry butcher hibs style.

Correct but what does he have to aim for in front of him ?

Washington seems to be an able runner so hopefully he will start to give him options .

Sideways and backward football is horrible but more often then not it leads to a hoof as the crowd start groaning at a sideways pass when retaining possession and building again would be more beneficial.

8 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Correct but what does he have to aim for in front of him ?

Washington seems to be an able runner so hopefully he will start to give him options .

Sideways and backward football is horrible but more often then not it leads to a hoof as the crowd start groaning at a sideways pass when retaining possession and building again would be more beneficial.

Totally agree about movement off the ball.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Too many to quote. Look at this thread and the match ratings thread - if anyone said Clare had a bad game or wasn’t man of the match today then they’re stubborn and digging their heels in.

I think a lot of it, at least for me, is that there are occasional moments of good play but they are too infrequent.

He was one of the better players today (alongwith White who was solid up till the penalty) but our overall performance was dire.

I don't think the current shape or tactics are getting the best out of him but I also don't think it's unfair to be wanting to see a bigger contribution from him.

I thought after been nailed in the first half he would hide but he didn’t. He looked for the ball and tried to make passes. Walker was p**s poor

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

💩 

Vlad the impaler
35 minutes ago, Hearts_91 said:

Clare looks absolutely fantastic driving at players, one of the better players today, a lot of times there was no movement in front meaning he had to either go backwards or play a poor pass, the guy is clearly a very good player I just don’t think we have found his position yet 

Absolutely nailed it,he glides as a ball carrier. Stick him in an advanced central midfield role and watch him blossom. If he is kept where he is currently it’ll be to the detriment of him and the team 

BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I think a lot of it, at least for me, is that there are occasional moments of good play but they are too infrequent.

He was one of the better players today (alongwith White who was solid up till the penalty) but our overall performance was dire.

I don't think the current shape or tactics are getting the best out of him but I also don't think it's unfair to be wanting to see a bigger contribution from him.

But that was my point earlier; if today’s performance was by Irving, Cochrane etc we would be saying “what a player we’ll have on our hands in a few years, he was excellent and can only get better! A few mistakes but they’ll be ironed out over time - this is one for the future!” Yet we don’t say it with Clare. He may be 6’3 and doesn’t look like he’s still in school or come through our academy specifically - but he’s still a young player still to reach 70 appearances yet. He’s a prospect, not a fully fledged player, I don’t know why people don’t judge him as the prospect he is.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

21 minutes ago, jake said:

Totally agree about movement off the ball.

Is that not something the coaches should be drilling into the players at training?

My half sister

Clare was the best of the attacking players 

Walker - shite

Uche shite

Washington- tried hard but average

Mulraney- done nothing

Henderson- mmm

Naismith - very average 

48 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Aidy White? Damour?

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Is that not something the coaches should be drilling into the players at training?

Yes.

Although by the age of 14 you should probably be aware of that.

2 minutes ago, jake said:

Yes.

Although by the age of 14 you should probably be aware of that.

But they might be being told to hold certain positions and not make those runs. It certainly looks that way a lot of the time.

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aidy White? Damour?

Damour was ok. Obviously isn’t fit.

Impressed by White. Definitely a quality player. Plenty for him to be positive about. 

Can’t really fault Denzel or Smith either. 

Creative wise though I thought Clare was the only one trying to put his foot on the ball and make something happen through the middle. He wasn’t great but encouraging. He needs to show that confidence more often.

The rest were shite.

13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

But they might be being told to hold certain positions and not make those runs. It certainly looks that way a lot of the time.

I really dont know.

Last season at the start some of our interplay and movement really was sharp.

And I felt we were shaping up .

Now it's like when we were at murrayfield.

Lack of movement and a lack of sleeves rolled up when we are playing shite let's rough this win out.

Regardless though mate if someone has the ball there is no moving and shouting for it.

No one moves to draw a marker and no one moves to that space.

Set plays are terrible .

That's basic .

Surely that cant be being coached out of the team.

Clare was our best player by a country mile today . Must look around him and think wtf  am I playing with here . 

Damour and White before they tired late on an Washington were the only others that looked remotely like footballers the rest were pathetic with a capital P . 

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

The only player who didn’t hide today. He got on the ball and tried to make things happen.

That's true.

Tried to but didnt.

Sorry but far too often that's been the case.

36 minutes ago, jake said:

I really dont know.

Last season at the start some of our interplay and movement really was sharp.

And I felt we were shaping up .

Now it's like when we were at murrayfield.

Lack of movement and a lack of sleeves rolled up when we are playing shite let's rough this win out.

Regardless though mate if someone has the ball there is no moving and shouting for it.

No one moves to draw a marker and no one moves to that space.

Set plays are terrible .

That's basic .

Surely that cant be being coached out of the team.

You are right we did play some good football last season at the start and the that breeds confidence. The current team don't look confident and that shows in their play.

Something is not right and Cl needs to get it sorted asap. That team out there today are all his signings so it's not as if they don't want to play for him so what is wrong?

With the exception of maybe Naismith there seems to be a lack of fight and endeavour about these players, they seem too soft

• 2 weeks later...

When Sean Clare is our best player, you've got to question the rest of the team. 

At the end of the day, we're better than this, it's not the players fault, it's the man that signs the players and chooses the formation and tactics. 

On 11/08/2019 at 00:27, 1971fozzy said:

Best player today. And that’s saying something 

I must have been watching a different game. Usual game from Clare where 99% off the game completely passes him by. Couple of nice touches with no end product doesn’t mean you’ve played well. 

1 minute ago, Russ1977 said:

I must have been watching a different game. Usual game from Clare where 99% off the game completely passes him by. Couple of nice touches with no end product doesn’t mean you’ve played well. 

This was from another game haha. Clare is useless 

Just now, deko 94 said:

Just now, deko 94 said:

😂

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

So he didn’t run the show and glide past defenders.....

The last time he done that was for his school team..........

There's bits of quality there, but he's not showing it anywhere near enough.

I don't think it's a confidence issue, he seems to be the head of the party behind the scenes.

I would imagine he'll be gone in January. 

Has a terrible attitude that I pointed out after about 5 or 6 games, around the time that walloper on here kept posting that repulsive picture of him. 

7 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

This.

He'll still be starting in the next game and the next.......

siegementality
9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

So he didn’t run the show and glide past defenders.....

He did run elegantly though.