• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

Would have rather kept zanatta than him anyway! 

It would of been interesting to see how Zanatta got on if he was given the same game time as Clare. 

10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Has Geoff blamed Levein for not winning the League or Cups as you suggested??

Nope. He has blamed him for each of the other items mentioned tho. 

The League and Cup reference was some have expectations beyond our current level. 

Just now, Sid said:

Nope. He has blamed him for each of the other items mentioned tho. 

The League and Cup reference was some have expectations beyond our current level. 

Your league and cup reference was over the top. We’ll leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

So he is 22 years old has not been a season at club and a lot of you are writing him off already.

Amateur refs, bad taxi drivers you should all hang your head in shame, go and watch him train, confidence is an issue for sure, cannot believe that I am the only one who sees something.

Amateur ref and a bad taxi driver. You really don’t like me, eh? At least I passed exams to be shite at those things. Wouldn’t mind so much if you moaned about shite refs and amateur taxi drivers. 😂😂😂

47 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You're not. Plenty of us see something, but there’s a scapegoat to be had and he’s currently it. He’s not set the world alight and other people (not him, another myth) have said he’ll be great. And people are getting angry at Clare for the opinions of others. Way to “support”.

Clare is in the team week after week despite consistently poor performances - as such Levein has put him in the firing line as the most visible “scapegoat”!

5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Amateur ref and a bad taxi driver. You really don’t like me, eh? At least I passed exams to be shite at those things. Wouldn’t mind so much if you moaned about shite refs and amateur taxi drivers. 😂😂😂

Ok we will leave the actual gist of what I was saying ie some people have an agenda against Levein (as clearly detailed above, but not expecting us to win the League) which blames him for everything. 

Just now, Sid said:

Ok we will leave the actual gist of what I was saying ie some people have an agenda against Levein (as clearly detailed above, but not expecting us to win the League) which blames him for everything. 

Probably quoted me in error, Sid? Was getting all excited because I thought Lf was on for another pop at me! 😀

8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I’m hoping young Morrison can get back in and get his jersey. But there are a few to be fair that can take it. 

Someone with a bit of football brain and wants to fight to keep the shirt would be a start. 

9 minutes ago, HeartofIron said:

Clare is far superior to Zanetta. Think he lacks a bit of confidence, but definitely will come good. 

I don't think it's a confidence issue, I think it's more just what you see is what you get. 

If you watched the behind the scenes footage of the players getting their pictures taken in front of the green screen, 

He was the centre of attention, he had Haring on the floor in stitches. 

Not the sign of someone lacking in confidence really. 

But hey, i could be wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Probably quoted me in error, Sid? Was getting all excited because I thought Lf was on for another pop at me! 😀

Apologies. Was Cruiks

45 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

The £10k a week is not a straight £10k it’s built up. This was negotiated in order to ‘secure him’ ahead of bigger spending English clubs on the thought that he’d turn out to be excellent and could be sold on for massive profit.

its another levein project and another levein failure.

Who were these bigger spending English clubs???🤔

I guess I’ll need to ask his agent who came up with that fantasy.....

28 minutes ago, HeartofIron said:

Clare is far superior to Zanetta. Think he lacks a bit of confidence, but definitely will come good. 

Not the old “confidence” excuse again! 😖

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

Explain why you think he’s a luxury player. 

Talented but not enough of a contributor to allow us to be successful 

The Internet

There are no amount of bonuses that could get him to anywhere near 10k a week. It's a mythical figure sensationalised by people who don't like him. 

5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

There are no amount of bonuses that could get him to anywhere near 10k a week. It's a mythical figure sensationalised by people who don't like him. 

Whatever he is being paid it has proven to be a total waste of money - file under El Hass, Anderson, Osh, Danny, Martin, Vanecek.....

The Internet
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Whatever he is being paid it has proven to be a total waste of money - file under El Hass, Anderson, Osh, Danny, Martin, Vanecek.....

He'll never be filed alongside any of them but I am getting the fear with him. Probably be another Johnsen where his confidence is shot here so he goes away and does well elsewhere. 

13 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Like I said, I know the details of literally one contract in Scottish football and I wouldn’t have believed that a lad they’re not sure will even make it has the potential to take almost £4,000 home for a week’s work if all goes well. It’s not a fantasy to believe someone coming from a bigger club than Hearts and a first team fixture at that, COULD make at least twice a Hibs prospect, no?

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

He'll never be filed alongside any of them but I am getting the fear with him. Probably be another Johnsen where his confidence is shot here so he goes away and does well elsewhere. 

Johnson showed plenty at Hearts to suggest he was a good signing - he was unstoppable in that 2-0 win against Rangers!

He did not lose confidence - he had a massive blow out with Cathro (who could blame him) and he was given the cold shoulder!

Clare on the other hand has shown next to nothing in game after game to suggest he was a good signing - and this lack of confidence thing is an excuse - he comes across as pretty cocky guy with plenty to say from himself.

I see moments from him but it's just not enough. 

There's nothing that he's actually very good at. 

He's not slow but he's not quick

He has some good touches but he's not skillful

He doesn't have an ounce of fat on him but we don't see a 90 minute performance from him. 

He can finish but rarely scores

and so on and so on. 

Edited by Sagan

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Johnson showed plenty at Hearts to suggest he was a good signing - he was unstoppable in that 2-0 win against Rangers!

He did not lose confidence - he had a massive blow out with Cathro (who could blame him) and he was given the cold shoulder!

Clare on the other hand has shown next to nothing in game after game to suggest he was a good signing - and this lack of confidence thing is an excuse - he comes across as pretty cocky guy with plenty to say from himself.

I hope Clare kicks on but the jury is out at the moment. I just get the feeling its an application thing he needs to be cajoled and hopefully Whelan can do that along with Naismith.

If you are looking at contributions overall he scored against Livi and setup Edwards in the final.Also nobody seems to be mentioning it was him that won the penalty on Sunday. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't think its confidence either. He wants to do the good stuff,  he doesn't shirk the dirty stuff but he is shite at it.

He isn't hiding but nor is he putting his hand up.

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He does do the odd good thing but not nearly consistent enough. 

13 minutes ago, Rods said:

I hope Clare kicks on but the jury is out at the moment. I just get the feeling its an application thing he needs to be cajoled and hopefully Whelan can do that along with Naismith.

If you are looking at contributions overall he scored against Livi and setup Edwards in the final.Also nobody seems to be mentioning it was him that won the penalty on Sunday. 

Did he ‘win’ the penalty with a fantastic bit of skill......more like a stupid tackle from Broonie!

58 minutes ago, Sagan said:

I don't think it's a confidence issue, I think it's more just what you see is what you get. 

If you watched the behind the scenes footage of the players getting their pictures taken in front of the green screen, 

He was the centre of attention, he had Haring on the floor in stitches. 

Not the sign of someone lacking in confidence really. 

But hey, i could be wrong. 

Being confident in social situations vs confident as a footballer are two different things completely.

Not that I think confidence has much to do with Clare's ability mind you.

My opinion of Clare is he is decent on the ball and works hard when he wants to and he's still young. I don't think he is ready for the first team right now though. Def a useful player to have and people are being harsh writing him off.

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

So he is 22 years old has not been a season at club and a lot of you are writing him off already.

Amateur refs, bad taxi drivers you should all hang your head in shame, go and watch him train, confidence is an issue for sure, cannot believe that I am the only one who sees something.

I go to watch him play.

He barely competes at times.

Glad he is good in training but that means nothing.

Everyone who supports Hearts wants him to do well.

It's far from likely though is it ?

8 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Being confident in social situations vs confident as a footballer are two different things completely.

Not that I think confidence has much to do with Clare's ability mind you.

My opinion of Clare is he is decent on the ball and works hard when he wants to and he's still young. I don't think he is ready for the first team right now though. Def a useful player to have and people are being harsh writing him off.

That's a fair post right there.

You'd think if you're confident in life, it wouldn't be so much of a problem on the football pitch though. 

I agree that he should be dropped and given more time but it's maybe a case that we've had to spend so much money on him that he has to be played. Maybe he even has it in his contract. I dunno. Maybe Levein legitimately think's he's playing well haha. 

pettigrewsstylist
21 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This being the crux of the matter. Definitely has a ring of ‘boo Miko to stick it to Romanov’ about it.

Clare isnt in same league as Miko tbh.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

We dont win points at trg matches

His appearances, and particuarly his starts tally lead me to believe he cant cut it in Edinburgh.

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Clare isnt in same league as Miko tbh.

Not suggesting he is. But I recall the stands when people were very anti-Romanov and any Lithuanian was seen as fair game firs abuse, and Miko was the poster boy. People look back with tinted glasses but Miko got torrents if abuse week in and week out. I’m not saying they’re the same as players, I’m saying for some (just some!), whether it’s consciously or unconsciously, see Clare as Levein’s poster boy like some saw Miko as Romanov’s. It’s palpable in the stands that people wait for him to make a mistake so they can moan, groan, shout and boo. What that does to a young player and why any supporter would want to do it is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not suggesting he is. But I recall the stands when people were very anti-Romanov and any Lithuanian was seen as fair game firs abuse, and Miko was the poster boy. People look back with tinted glasses but Miko got torrents if abuse week in and week out. I’m not saying they’re the same as players, I’m saying for some (just some!), whether it’s consciously or unconsciously, see Clare as Levein’s poster boy like some saw Miko as Romanov’s. It’s palpable in the stands that people wait for him to make a mistake so they can moan, groan, shout and boo. What that does to a young player and why any supporter would want to do it is beyond me.

Fair point,  it does feel a bit like that's happening,  remains to be seen if he is good or strong enough to come out the other side.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’ll give you this - Hearts fans are getting well and truly pissed off that Levein starts Clare every week.

pettigrewsstylist
14 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Would have rather kept zanatta than him anyway! 

Absolutley. 

pettigrewsstylist

So ...appearance number?

Match fit, no injury mentioned,

Hamilton at home

2nd home game of season

Over to you Sean.........

Go bag a winning brace and dominate your oppo in the "lions den"

Truly hope you do!

18 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Opinions. Explain why he isn't a luxury and I might agree

I already did earlier in the thread. Luxury players are guys who produce quality. The others in the team do extra to cover for the luxury players lack of work off the ball. Berbatov, Di Canio, Rudi for us, LeTissier. What have you seen of Clare to suggest he can affect games for us in the same way those type of guys affected games for their teams?

Just now, Barack said:

Why are you even using them as a comparison? 

Even compared to Naismith. :lol:

I'm clearly not comparing them to Clare, they are examples of luxury players everyone will have heard of. 

Just now, Barack said:

So how can he affect a game like those you've mentioned?

Why would anyone expect Clare to affect a game in the same way as Matt Le Tissier...?

Le Tiss must be his fifties at least? 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

So how can he affect a game like those you've mentioned?

Why would anyone expect Clare to affect a game in the same way as Matt Le Tissier...?

He can affect games for us with flashes of quality (relative to our team, our league and the teams we play against obviously). If he had any quality we'd have seen flashes of this already. We haven't - hence my argument that he is not a luxury player in the same way those guys were for their teams.

Edited by Flaps_98

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Dunno who's coined this phrase for Clare. Levein hyping him up as some Cameron/Hartley hybrid hasn't helped perceptions I'd guess. He's not the worst out there in the last few weeks, but not the best either. 

If only he had a left foot that turned shit into gold, beat the club crest a few times & made silly faces at the Hibs support. Then his troubles would be over. 

As it is, I can't see him being here next summer. 

It was Sir Gio who said he was a luxury player. Thats who my replies were to. Agreed, the Cameron comment was silly of Levein and hasn't helped his cause. No he isn't the worst, far from it, he is just extremely ineffectual. You could watch 60mins of a Hearts game without realising he is playing.

This thread is unbelievable even by kickback standards.

I can understand goalie/right back debate for this weekend but Clare, I would just love it if he scores.

Morrison for Clare made me laugh mind!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
59 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

I already did earlier in the thread. Luxury players are guys who produce quality. The others in the team do extra to cover for the luxury players lack of work off the ball. Berbatov, Di Canio, Rudi for us, LeTissier. What have you seen of Clare to suggest he can affect games for us in the same way those type of guys affected games for their teams?

Nonsense, some of the players you mentioned carried teams week in week out. These are quality players, game changers, not luxuries. Naismith is one that would go into your list above

Clare has been struggling in a team that is struggling.

Is he part of the reason the team are struggling?  Probably.

I like him.  I just think he needs dropped to the bench for few games as he hasn't really been giving us much.

18 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Did he ‘win’ the penalty with a fantastic bit of skill......more like a stupid tackle from Broonie!

Depends what you consider skill. Reacting quicker to a loose ball and getting brought down for a penalty I would say is a good skill. In fact I would say quick reactions make for the better footballer. During the Motherwell game he took two defenders away for Smith to get shooting room.

He also got an assist against Hibs for Olly Lee's goal so in summary last season a bedding in season he

Scored the winner in a cup tie( our hardest one)

Setup an opening goal in the cup final 

Setup the winner in the Derby( probably our best league game of the season)

Dont let me get in the way of your witch hunt though.

28 minutes ago, Rods said:

Depends what you consider skill. Reacting quicker to a loose ball and getting brought down for a penalty I would say is a good skill. In fact I would say quick reactions make for the better footballer. During the Motherwell game he took two defenders away for Smith to get shooting room.

He also got an assist against Hibs for Olly Lee's goal so in summary last season a bedding in season he

Scored the winner in a cup tie( our hardest one)

Setup an opening goal in the cup final 

Setup the winner in the Derby( probably our best league game of the season)

Dont let me get in the way of your witch hunt though.

“Witch hunt”!  😂😂😂