Sean Clare.

Whatever

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Interesting comment. Would you say that to him personally?

Absolutely.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

27 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Were you at the game..or even read the papers?

I wish I hadn't been but I was there. The point I was making was that he scored and at the time no one stopped for the foul that the referee blew for in the build up.

So, he did part of his job description to put away any chances that came his way. In a low bar of performance across the team, that makes me rank him higher than most!

Balernojambo

I actually feel sorry for Clare.  Surely a basic question we need to be asking before we make signings like Clare are along the lines of will this guy make us better?  He clearly won't and has been hung out to dry by a manager who won't drop him, then says he will drop him then puts him straight back in.

Who knows if under different management Clare may have flourished?  However there are several we have right  now that are no better than our young players so i would rather play them. 

The Internet

Don't think he did much wrong yesterday, but it's more what he doesn't do rather than anything he does. When he got the ball he always moved it on nicely but you just want so much more from him. Never seen a hearts player as broken and low on confidence as this guy though. Like he clearly knows the fans don't like him. Still think a better manager would get more, loads more, from him and he'll probably go away and do well elsewhere. 

Fort Vallance
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If a new manager comes in and Sean Clare’s still not delivering, we should look to move him on in the summer. 

Toss up which one of them lasts the longest.

18 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Doubt he has a future in full time professional football, at any level tbh.

That would fit my initial assessment after a couple of games that he looked liked someone who WON a professional contract in a completion at Butlins! But what do I know, there were so many people could “see a player in there”!

500ClubCraig

Fortunately missed yesterday’s game but in danger of being charged with child cruelty as gave my ST to my 22 year old Son.

His unprompted assessment read “Sean Claire hasn’t got a clue how to play football honestly 🤣 best player on the park was hickey 🙈

Sean Claire is not the reason we are in the position we are, that is down to CL playing him and others when they should have been dropped months ago!

In my opinion he will never make it in the Scottish game, get him off the books ASAP.

This Sean Clare thread has transcended into a thread for just random moaning and bickering with no actual reference to Sean Clare himself. Just the sight of his name seems to send some into a tail spin. 

For the record there’s others I’d punt before Sean Clare. 

Craig Levein's determination to be proven right about Sean Clare is actually hanging him out to dry. 

When Levein goes, I hope Clare will get a clean slate in the eyes of the supporters, along with the rest of the squad.

FWIW I still maintain there's a player there. 

Clare starts, we lose, no surprises there.  A fair test would involve not starting him in the next game v rangers an if we dont lose it's defo him.

6 hours ago, Spoleto said:

I thought the back three played well and I was encouraged in particular by Dikamona.

What a time to be a hearts fan.

All about confidence and who you're playing alongside.

we're almost playing a reserve team on match days.

Clare playing a pass to Bozanic is not the same as Clare passing to Naismith for example. 

indianajones

As said in other threads, it's hard to judge our players when they are taking orders from that shitebag in the dugout. 

That said, I think Clare is pretty pish.

2 hours ago, TheGoodLord said:

This Sean Clare thread has transcended into a thread for just random moaning and bickering with no actual reference to Sean Clare himself. Just the sight of his name seems to send some into a tail spin. 

Agreed. This thread is a disgrace.

3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Do you think we’ve had value for money from Sean Clare ?

Compared to Mclean?

Yes.

Compared to Mulraney?

Yes.

2 hours ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Fortunately missed yesterday’s game but in danger of being charged with child cruelty as gave my ST to my 22 year old Son.

His unprompted assessment read “Sean Claire hasn’t got a clue how to play football honestly 🤣 best player on the park was hickey 🙈

Sean Claire is not the reason we are in the position we are, that is down to CL playing him and others when they should have been dropped months ago!

In my opinion he will never make it in the Scottish game, get him off the books ASAP.

Perhaps your son should have watched Sean Clare instead. 

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Perhaps your son should have watched Sean Clare instead. 

childish post

3 hours ago, TheGoodLord said:

see these others you would punt before Clare - do they get selected to start by Levein week after feckin week????

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

see these others you would punt before Clare - do they get selected to start by Levein week after feckin week????

Judging by Leveins comments after yesterday’s game I suspect ‘project Clare’ ended yesterday. 

11 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He has some talents but doesn't show them often. He is being hopelessly mismanaged though which isn't helping. 

Pretty much this. 

He has zero footballing brain but seems quite effective when running with the ball. But then again, his body language is dreadful which just invites criticism.  

He needs proper management, not being shifted from centre mid to right back to striker to right winger. 

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Judging by Leveins comments after yesterday’s game I suspect ‘project Clare’ ended yesterday. 

20 feckin games too late!!!

We_are_the_Hearts
9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Along with Project Mulraney and Irving!

jack D and coke
20 hours ago, Morgan said:

That’s a good counterbalance argument, Smithee, and one that I fully agree with.

I’m glad you ‘bashed on’ here, Harold and also make a good point, into the bargain. :thumbsup: 

I don’t think I have ever known a Hearts player to take so much stick. He is obviously being used as the scapegoat whilst other ‘under-

performers’ are gliding by unscathed.

Yep, he seems to be used as the ‘man for all positions’ which is helping nobody, least of all himself.

Now I know you’re not a spring chicken Morgan bud😬😄so surely you can’t be serious? I’ve seen players get way more stick than Sean Clare. 
I think back to what the likes of Kenny Black took or even Derek Ferguson who said his dad couldn’t come to tynecastle after a while and even holds a grudge against the club for the abuse he took. 
He might have a big thread on here with people not rating him but I don’t hear it specifically at games like I used to in the 90’s especially. 
Maybe we were a little forced into playing him again on Saturday but I feel if Levein has left him out a little longer he would’ve came back into the side with more of a fresh start. It felt like a game out then waltz back into the starting eleven and I know a few people were a bit peeved at that. 
Like I say though it was maybe more through necessity than choice. 

Hampden Demolition

Clare is one of the worst players I’ve seen play for the club. He may be the highest performer when it comes to his running stats and distance covered but he offers absolutely nothing whatsoever. 

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Clare is one of the worst players I’ve seen play for the club. He may be the highest performer when it comes to his running stats and distance covered but he offers absolutely nothing whatsoever. 

More like Craig convinced Ann to loosen the purse strings for him so the stubborn one has persisted with him!

500ClubCraig
14 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Perhaps your son should have watched Sean Clare instead

Instead of what? What are you on about?

He watched the match, all 22 players and came to the conclusion that I quoted! A similar one to that a growing number of Hearts supporters have reached. 

Shame the Manager can’t see it.

1 hour ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I am assuming you are in your teens with a comment like this?

I dont think Clare is as bad as people make out and I think under a new manager we may see a different player.

Hampden Demolition
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

I dont think Clare is as bad as people make out and I think under a new manager we may see a different player.

You would assume wrong. What does he offer us?

1 hour ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Nothing whatsoever, apart from our appearance in the Scottish Cup Final? He scored the winner v Livi in the 4th round, the winner (a pen) v Partick in the QF, and sealed our passage to the final with another pen v ICT in the semi. He played well in the final, too.

I’m not arguing that he shouldn’t be dropped. The team is misfiring and he has been playing poorly. But to say he offers ‘nothing’, when without him we wouldn’t have had our first final appearance in years, is unreasonable.

15 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He didn’t play let alone start last week in Paisley, however I get the point you’re seeking to make. 

39 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

He didn’t play let alone start last week in Paisley, however I get the point you’re seeking to make. 

indeed - but straight back in for another ineffective performance against Killie!

I've been very critical of Clare on this thread but having watched the game on alba at the weekend, it is fair to say he is surrounded by utter s____. I think it's getting harder to single him out. The issues run far far deeper. 

Edited by Riccarton3

14 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I've been very critical of Clare on this thread but having watched the game on alba at the weekend, it is fair to say he is surrounded by utter s____. I think it's getting harder to single him out. The issues run far far deeper. 

Spot on. We appear to have gone full circle from during Vlad's reign where very ordinary players like Callum Elliot were lifted to previously unknown heights by being surrounded by great (at least by our present day standards) players to a point where we could now bring in a superstar and he would quickly look shit because of what surrounded him. 

On 05/10/2019 at 23:00, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So we have now added playing out of position to the list of excuses of Clare’s abject performances such as -

* new to Scottish football

* living in a new city

* not fully fit

* needs a pre-season

* needs Naismith back

* needs confidence

and remember - you’re an idiot if you can’t see there’s a player in there! 😉

now need to add the latest excuse for Clare to my list -

* he’s surrounded by shite

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Nothing whatsoever, apart from our appearance in the Scottish Cup Final? He scored the winner v Livi in the 4th round, the winner (a pen) v Partick in the QF, and sealed our passage to the final with another pen v ICT in the semi. He played well in the final, too.

I’m not arguing that he shouldn’t be dropped. The team is misfiring and he has been playing poorly. But to say he offers ‘nothing’, when without him we wouldn’t have had our first final appearance in years, is unreasonable.

Sensible.

No doubt if  Walker and Naismith were fit,  he would also play less.

4 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Clare has not been the problem, just the scapegoat.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

now need to add the latest excuse for Clare to my list -

* he’s surrounded by shite

I thought you were going to give the negativity a rest until we at least got SOME of our first choice players back from injury?

J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, Rods said:

Let's hope that if and when it happens we also see a different team, otherwise we're truly screwed.

10 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I thought you were going to give the negativity a rest until we at least got SOME of our first choice players back from injury?

whether the first choice players are back or not will not change the fact that Clare is absolutely hopeless and a terrible signing!!!

pettigrewsstylist
22 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Believe it when i see it. Ego too big (CL).

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Believe it when i see it. Ego too big (CL).

Lucky to make the bench when Walker Naismith Washington Uche and Haring are fit. 

8 hours ago, Rods said:

😂😂. Brilliant. Another one. New manager. Needs certain players around him. Played in wrong position. Needs a midfield general. 
Needs to **** off. 

Watched him closely during the Aberdeen cup game. Runs about a lot and plays mainly nothing balls but always seems to look for the easy options. Whelan was giving him pelters!

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Lucky to make the bench when Walker Naismith Washington Uche and Haring are fit. 

Ill crack the jokes round here......

6 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Watched him closely during the Aberdeen cup game. Runs about a lot and plays mainly nothing balls but always seems to look for the easy options. Whelan was giving him pelters!

so was Smith at the Killie game, he just looked down his nose at him.