• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

Just now, Spoleto said:

Aye, because Mulraney is famed for his tackling ability isn't he?

No but then I'm not even discussing Mulraney.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
12 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

In your opinion, which is wrong, IMO.

Here's another stat from 2018/19

Clare - 6 Yellow cards.

Mulraney - 1 Yellow Card.

Which player gets stuck in?

This would be because Sean Clare just pushes folk rather than actually make an attempt to make a challenge. The boy doesn't have the spirit to play in midfield or the engine to chase the ball if he's playing off the striker. He's okay on the ball but that doesn't outweigh how bad he is defensively. I'd rather Mulraney or Morrison all day long.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Far superior to Sean Clare in this regard.

1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

This would be because Sean Clare just pushes folk rather than actually make an attempt to make a challenge. The boy doesn't have the spirit to play in midfield or the engine to chase the ball if he's playing off the striker. He's okay on the ball but that doesn't outweigh how bad he is defensively. I'd rather Mulraney or Morrison all day long.

Of course he does. 

What do you have next on your "made up" charge sheet. 

This really is getting more desperate and ridiculous by the minute.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, Spoleto said:

Of course he does. 

What do you have next on your "made up" charge sheet. 

This really is getting more desperate and ridiculous by the minute.

Go back and watch the games. When caught in possession he never chases after it. Gives up on chasing back if he wasn't passed to in the move that's just broke down. He's a liability in the same way Walker is engine-wise and that's just a fact.

Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Go back and watch the games. When caught in possession he never chases after it. Gives up on chasing back if he wasn't passed to in the move that's just broke down. He's a liability in the same way Walker is engine-wise and that's just a fact.

No it's not a fact, it's an opinion.

Oh, and it's wrong too.

Just now, Spoleto said:

So you don't know. 

Just another pathetic, made up, statement not based on any factual evidence.

Mate, this isnt the high court. We are allowed to have opinions even if they differ.

7 goals and 6 yellow cards is not evidence that he's a good player. I dont recall too many MotM awards for SC.

My opinion is that the lad is mediocre at best and nowhere near good enough to play for Hearts but then some folk dont mind a bit mediocrity. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

No it's not a fact, it's an opinion.

Oh, and it's wrong too.

An interesting hill to die on mate. I don't think Sean Clare's that bad a player it's just that we have better and younger and hungrier.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

And why is that?

Because he was world class on Sunday wasn't he?

Eh because the topic is about Sean Clare...

(top tip - Look at the thread name).

8 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Mulraney tracks back quickly and chases the opposition. His speed is his main asset and he uses it well, he must make opposition players around him a little anxious.

They are both not the finished products, but at least with Mulraney I see constant effort when we don't have the ball. He has a fantastic engine which helps but Clare just seems to doze in and out of the game, he can one moment be sharp for us and play/do something decent that leads to a chance, the next he'll give the opposition 5+ yards of space to put in a good ball into our box instead of forcing them to make a move.

In a nutshell, Clare is mostly re-active to the game when we don't have the ball where as Mulraney is pro-active which really helps defending and winning the ball back.

Since you are good with stats, who do you reckon has the best score for winning the ball back from the opposition - Mulraney/Clare?

37 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

In your opinion, which is wrong, IMO.

Here's another stat from 2018/19

Clare - 6 Yellow cards.

Mulraney - 1 Yellow Card.

Which player gets stuck in?

you can quote all of the stats you want, they mean nothing.. This isn’t moneyball.. any football man with half a Brian can see it

27 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I can think of one just last week mate.

Two. Lost his man at the corner aswell. 

I'd like to see more of a team without him in it tbh. Hope Levein feels the same way. Not being racist liksay. 

Jambo, Goodbye

Clare lacks the correct mentality. 

It's that simple imo. 

As for his 7 goals, deduct the penalties from that. Goals from open play reflect a quality player. Anybody can learn how to score a free shot from 12 yards out.  

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

We all want Hearts players to do well, be effective, be successful. 

But why people can’t accept he’s largely ineffective week to week is baffling?

It doesn’t matter if it’s Clare or someone else. If you aren’t playing well or not producing enough then another player deserves a chance. 

He's just another player passing through the corridors of Tynecastle who may just turn out not to be good enough. But you’d think he was related to half of Kickback. 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

I agree with the likes of McCann and Stewart who say he can be like playing with a man down. On Sunday just before he was subbed, we lost the ball and he just trotted slowly back, no attempt to get back and help. Lacks awareness and heart, gives away the ball too much. can drift past players easily but with no end product. Will be the one to drop out when walker or Naismith is fit

30 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Mate, this isnt the high court. We are allowed to have opinions even if they differ.

7 goals and 6 yellow cards is not evidence that he's a good player. I dont recall too many MotM awards for SC.

My opinion is that the lad is mediocre at best and nowhere near good enough to play for Hearts but then some folk dont mind a bit mediocrity. 

This...oh and this isn't a Mulraney thread

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

This...oh and this isn't a Mulraney thread

True. 

But perhaps it should be.

I'm still pushing for Meshino, Clare and Morrison to start on Wednesday. 

Mulraney can spend the time on the training ground learning how to cross to a maroon shirt.

Fitzroy Pointon
43 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Pretty sure Mulraney made a great block indise his own box yesterday. It's only one example I know but compare that to Clare who couldn't even find a burst of pace to run two yards to pick up a wayward Smith pass. 

True. 

Mulraney can spend the time on the training ground learning how to cross to a maroon shirt.

agree with highlighted statement but clare just aint good enough for us and should be moved on if possible

True. 

Totally agree re mulraney final baw is awful. Will be delighted when the 2 of them are replaced by Naisy and walker/Morrison 

5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Totally agree re mulraney final baw is awful. Will be delighted when the 2 of them are replaced by Naisy and walker/Morrison 

Agreed, and I'm sure Levein will be too.

Absolute Scenes
5 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Our "biggest threat on the wing" passed to a Hibs player 9 times out of 10.

Incorrect

He put crosses in that hit off hibs players - one of which resulted in our first goal = threat

The boy needs a position and needs to focus on purely playing that position. He’s been a right back, a winger, a striker, an attacking midfielder and a centre mid. His desire to play and try contribute is what is killing him. He is being used as a jack of all trades and is sadly a master of none, as it stands. Pre season was a waste for him as we had this mental plan of making him a box to box midfielder, he was never going to be that guy. Some time out the side will help him. The boy has all the attributes to be a top player, I hope we see that promise with us. 

People highlighting that he never chased back or gave the ball away 🙈🙈 they all must’ve missed Mikey Smith get skinned and just stop running in the 2nd half, they almost scored from that. Hickey being out of position a few times almost leading to goals, same with Mulraney.  Same folk missed Whelan barely move an inch shutting down Malan before he banged one in the net. Would be the same folk that were saying Clare never celebrated either Hearts goal when the highlights clearly showing Clare celebrate both. The obsession with calling him out after every single match is embarrassing. He has performed as bad as loads of other hearts players over the months but they don’t have a 26 page, 1040 + comment thread.

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The boy needs a position and needs to focus on purely playing that position. He’s been a right back, a winger, a striker, an attacking midfielder and a centre mid. His desire to play and try contribute is what is killing him. He is being used as a jack of all trades and is sadly a master of none, as it stands. Pre season was a waste for him as we had this mental plan of making him a box to box midfielder, he was never going to be that guy. Some time out the side will help him. The boy has all the attributes to be a top player, I hope we see that promise with us. 

People highlighting that he never chased back or gave the ball away 🙈🙈 they all must’ve missed Mikey Smith get skinned and just stop running in the 2nd half, they almost scored from that. Hickey being out of position a few times almost leading to goals, same with Mulraney.  Same folk missed Whelan barely move an inch shutting down Malan before he banged one in the net. Would be the same folk that were saying Clare never celebrated either Hearts goal when the highlights clearly showing Clare celebrate both. The obsession with calling him out after every single match is embarrassing. He has performed as bad as loads of other hearts players over the months but they don’t have a 26 page, 1040 + comment thread.

100% Correct.

Guest ToqueJambo

Clare is a young player we’ve invested some money in. Levein clearly thinks he can develop him - and whatever you think about Levein he’s been around long enough to know a player - so how about backing him instead of booing him? Just a thought.

11 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yep

Edited by Hearts007

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

I agree with the likes of McCann and Stewart who say he can be like playing with a man down. On Sunday just before he was subbed, we lost the ball and he just trotted slowly back, no attempt to get back and help. Lacks awareness and heart, gives away the ball too much. can drift past players easily but with no end product. Will be the one to drop out when walker or Naismith is fit

This is exactly what I saw. Up till now he was just a meh player for me but after his display yesterday I saw a lazy player who can't be arsed. Even his celebration when we scored was weak 

Edited by Maroonjam
Spelling

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Clare lacks the correct mentality. 

It's that simple imo. 

As for his 7 goals, deduct the penalties from that. Goals from open play reflect a quality player. Anybody can learn how to score a free shot from 12 yards out.  

Penalties don’t count now? Let’s deduct Robbo’s and Hartley’s penalties too...

12 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Can't play anywhere!

14 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

All players at our level will make individual mistakes ... but sean has never had a good game imo. Fleeting moments in games but an actual game which he grabbed by the scruff of the neck.. you may be right on the reasons why but doesn’t change the fact he’s a passenger 99% of the time

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Perhaps he's been in  a number of different positions because Levein doesn't know what his worst position is yet. 

😂

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Perhaps he's been in  a number of different positions because Levein doesn't know what his worst position is yet. 

lol

Just handle him like he should be handled. Play him in his best position (number 10 imo, but debatable). If he has a couple of bad games let him fight for his place from the bench/reserves. He’s frustrating but folk looking for fault when other players are equally ineffective is just strange. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

All players at our level will make individual mistakes ... but sean has never had a good game imo. Fleeting moments in games but an actual game which he grabbed by the scruff of the neck.. you may be right on the reasons why but doesn’t change the fact he’s a passenger 99% of the time

Passengers a bit rough,  but he is very lightweight. Misfit 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Clare is a young player we’ve invested some money in. Levein clearly thinks he can develop him - and whatever you think about Levein he’s been around long enough to know a player - so how about backing him instead of booing him? Just a thought.

He clearly has talent but I think there is some sort of attitude/confidence problem that has not allowed him to progress at all since he arrived here. A spell on the sidelines is needed, especially when we have more capable/hungry players that play in a similar role to him.

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Never gad a good game in what sense? First half an hour of Hamilton, before being changed position, he was our best player and scored. Ross county he was out best player. 

Edited by GinRummy

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just handle him like he should be handled. Play him in his best position (number 10 imo, but debatable). If he has a couple of bad games let him fight for his place from the bench/reserves. He’s frustrating but folk looking for fault when other players are equally ineffective is just strange. 

There are players who are equally ineffective but there's only one who has started every league game for us this year.

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

😂😂

Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

There are players who are equally ineffective but there's only one who has started every league game for us this year.

I agree. Like I said, a couple of poor games he should be dropped. Decide what his best position is, play him there but if we have better options then drop him. This constantly trying to shoe horn him into different positions is ridiculous. 

15 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

thought you wanted Clare to start On Weds? no?

As it stands yes. I prefer him to Mulraney. 

If Walker and / or Naismith were fit then I agree he wouldn't start.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

As it stands yes. I prefer him to Mulraney. 

If Walker and / or Naismith were fit then I agree he wouldn't start.

ah so you agree he needs time out the team..ok

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

ah so you agree he needs time out the team..ok

If someone is better to replace him. 

I don't think there is. 

I've made it quite clear he should be playing in the no.10 with Meshino on the left and Morrison on the right.