Sean Clare.

Whatever

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

no he’s not, he’s always out of position, he frequently loses possession.. despite having talent he doesn’t offer anywhere near enough.. 

it’s no coincidence how we improved enormously when he went off.. 

IMO It's no coincidence that we improved after our second defensive midfielder Damour was taken off.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

IMO It's no coincidence that we improved after our second defensive midfielder Damour was taken off.

No comparison in my eyes. Damour had a decent game.. Clare offered nothing.. like being a man down

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No comparison in my eyes. Damour had a decent game.. Clare offered nothing.. like being a man down

We were clearly watching different games then. I watched the game where Clare misplaced ONE pass in the HIBS half in the first half and was slaughtered for it.

Strangely enough Halkett gave the ball away with.a shocking pass  just outside the Hearts penalty area and nothing is mentioned.

BTW I'm not saying that Damour had a bad game but he wasn't influential by any means.

Edited by Spoleto

All sorts of p!sh came out after the game yesterday including :- 

"took the huff at being subbed" - do you think he should be happy going off with the team losing?

"didn't celebrate the goals" - yes, he did.

"made no effort"- yes, he did. Probably our most attack minded player in the first half, Mulraney was the one who was shocking and passed to Hibs players for the first hour. I wish we had stats to show distance covered by players as I believe it would dispel that myth once and for all". 

3 hours ago, cyprusjambo said:

Clare has got to go! Simple. Check my posts last 6 months. Check stats with and without him in the team

Big games... Celtic at Hampden- we played well. 1-0 up. He comes on. We lose.

Easter Road yesterday- 1-0 down. he comes off. We win! 

We can only assess Levein better once this player is dropped

We have loads of capable midfielders and Meshino to play Number 10 role. No need for Clare any more

Please... (PS- i even sacked him from Fifa 19 despite lack of options on bench. Never a 69 rating)

Presume you weren’t at the final.  

3 hours ago, cyprusjambo said:

Clare has got to go! Simple. Check my posts last 6 months. Check stats with and without him in the team

Big games... Celtic at Hampden- we played well. 1-0 up. He comes on. We lose.

Easter Road yesterday- 1-0 down. he comes off. We win! 

We can only assess Levein better once this player is dropped

We have loads of capable midfielders and Meshino to play Number 10 role. No need for Clare any more

Please... (PS- i even sacked him from Fifa 19 despite lack of options on bench. Never a 69 rating)

Your dislike for him in real life made you get rid of him in a game?

Jesus wept.

36 minutes ago, Cade said:

The new Miko

And not in a good way.

the new Miko ???

Hes not even a fifth of what Miko was great wee player Miko some fantastic goals

13 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

No, that is pish Im afraid. I made that picture because he was being referred to as “chocolatey” by posters on here who were slating him. Not sure what you’re playing at here, but if you are acusing me of racism or being a racist, then I suggest you report me to the mods. If you don’t actually believe what you’re saying and just trying to be wide, then that is an extremely ***** thing to do and say.

Sexual chocolate.

I'm using that.

Bound to loosen some knickers.

Clares been shite.

If he turns it round then I'm sure 99% will support him.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

no he’s not, he’s always out of position, he frequently loses possession.. despite having talent he doesn’t offer anywhere near enough.. 

He remained on the pitch we wouldn't have won ,good move ,changed game totally...

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

We were clearly watching different games then. I watched the game where Clare misplaced ONE pass in the HIBS half in the first half and was slaughtered for it.

Strangely enough Halkett gave the ball away with.a shocking pass  just outside the Hearts penalty area and nothing is mentioned.

BTW I'm not saying that Damour had a bad game but he wasn't influential by any means.

Probably because people judge situations beyond one moment. Halkett is a good player who gives his all and earns his starting place. He's human, he'll make a mistake or two. Clare isn't good enough for us, doesn't deserve his starting place so when he gives the ball away people get annoyed because he shouldn't even be on the park to do it in the first place.

I don't know why you are so defensive about a player who clearly hasn't been good enough for us. I don't care if he looked happy enough at the goals or any any that shit. Simple facts, he doesn't do enough, he's a liability and essentially like a man down.

It's been stated plenty enough times, you can have technical ability but that doesn't make you a good football player. You need fight, determination, work ethic, tactical awareness and belief. Sean Clare has none of these bar maybe work ethic, I don't know about that. He might learn one and develop another but he'll never have the first two.

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, red said:

Clare and Mulroney need dropped ASAP, 

we don't have a player called "Mulroney" so he cant be dropped

Mulraney is our biggest threat on the wing, it would be suicide to drop him - we need his pace

Clare on the other hand I agree, get him benched

1 hour ago, jake said:

Sexual chocolate.

I'm using that.

Bound to loosen some knickers.

Clares been shite.

If he turns it round then I'm sure 99% will support him.

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Probably because people judge situations beyond one moment. Halkett is a good player who gives his all and earns his starting place. He's human, he'll make a mistake or two. Clare isn't good enough for us, doesn't deserve his starting place so when he gives the ball away people get annoyed because he shouldn't even be on the park to do it in the first place.

I don't know why you are so defensive about a player who clearly hasn't been good enough for us. I don't care if he looked happy enough at the goals or any any that shit. Simple facts, he doesn't do enough, he's a liability and essentially like a man down.

It's been stated plenty enough times, you can have technical ability but that doesn't make you a good football player. You need fight, determination, work ethic, tactical awareness and belief. Sean Clare has none of these bar maybe work ethic, I don't know about that. He might learn one and develop another but he'll never have the first two.

I don't see why you are so defensive of Halkett who has been as culpable as any other in a shambolic Hearts defence this season.

Lots of things have been stated about Clare which are a pile of keich as I have already pointed out. 

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Mulraney is our biggest threat on the wing, it would be suicide to drop him - we need his pace

Our "biggest threat on the wing" passed to a Hibs player 9 times out of 10.

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

I don't see why you are so defensive of Halkett who has been as culpable as any other in a shambolic Hearts defence this season.

Lots of things have been stated about Clare which are a pile of keich as I have already pointed out. 

So defensive of Halkett? I just pointed out a reasonable explanation why folk didn't lose the head about losing the ball. Not like I've been acting like a fly in shite on a thread about him.

Not sure what your deal is with Clare besides the possiblity that you actually are Sean Clare.

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

So defensive of Halkett? I just pointed out a reasonable explanation why folk didn't lose the head about losing the ball. Not like I've been acting like a fly in shite on a thread about him.

Not sure what your deal is with Clare besides the possiblity that you actually are Sean Clare.

Sorry, I don't see your explanation as reasonable for a key player in what has been a shambles of a defence this season.

AlphonseCapone
10 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Sorry, I don't see your explanation as reasonable for a key player in what has been a shambles of a defence this season.

Cool. But the thread is about Sean Clare.

Someone had to fill the void in some supporters mind that Djoum used to fill. 

Snotters and froth will not be stopped unfortunately. 

44 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Someone had to fill the void in some supporters mind that Djoum used to fill. 

Snotters and froth will not be stopped unfortunately. 

This

Phil D. Corners

At the start of last season we top of the league and had won most of our games. 

In October we signed Clare.

He had a couple games on the bench, which we won, before starting v Hibs which we drew 0-0. From this point on the results and performances have not been there. 

Sunday he was subbed off after 62 minutes when we losing a 1-0. Without him on the pitch we came from behind to win our first game this season. 

Im not saying Clare is at fault for everything and there is a player in there. But I would like to take him out the starting line up for a couple games. 

Clare is just poor at the moment and i agree with most people on here and also Neil McCann on sportsound has pointed it out several times " shows no enthusiasm" .Micheal Stewart on sportscene said it is like playing with a man down as well.

I find Clare frustrating, but some fans need to calm down with the abuse. Had one genuine fan near me yesterday giving Clare abuse BEFORE the pass made it to him. It was a rotten pass, Clare's positioning was fine, but he got the abuse not the player making the pass. 

Booing him was over the top. 

4 hours ago, Spoleto said:

People need to give it a rest. 

He was more effective and dangerous than Mulraney who could have tried to fire in a cross all weekend and would fail every time.

So your defence of your boy Sean Clare involves ripping Mulraney? Until the shape change, most of the balls Mulraney put into the box there was just one Hearts player so the keeper caught them all easily.

If I had to choose between Mulraney and Clare, I'd go for Mulraney every time. His pace is enough to cause teams problems alone, whether it is bursting forward or backtracking.

I don't understand certain posters obsessions with defending everything Levein which includes his personal favourite Clare...

10 minutes ago, kila said:

So your defence of your boy Sean Clare involves ripping Mulraney? Until the shape change, most of the balls Mulraney put into the box there was just one Hearts player so the keeper caught them all easily.

If I had to choose between Mulraney and Clare, I'd go for Mulraney every time. His pace is enough to cause teams problems alone, whether it is bursting forward or backtracking.

I don't understand certain posters obsessions with defending everything Levein which includes his personal favourite Clare...

No, that's not my only defence of Clare as you would know if you read my posts. 

IMO Meshino (L), Clare (C) and Morrison (R) could be an exciting mix playing off each other at pace. 

Mulraney has absolutely zero end product.

I don't see how that is defending Levein seeing as Levein is also picking Mulraney.

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Suicide to drop Mulraney 🤔 behave yourself pal! He’s a very average footballer with a bit pace. 

Not going to slaughter the boy but he’s not showing enough to merit a start. 

At the moment, if we’re playing 4-2-3-1, Meshino, Mulraney, Naismith, Walker and possibly Morrison should start ahead of him.

I still believe he is a good player but he’s just not got the courage, belief or desire to come out of his shell for some reason and show his qualities. He has the odd good game, shows flashes of what he can do here & there but it isn’t enough to be considered a first XI player at Hearts.

Just now, Spoleto said:

Sean Clare - 7 goals from 46.

Mulraney - 1 goal from 40.

Which player doesn't have the courage and desire?

Clare can take a penalty, I'll give you that.

But what if Mulraney scores a goal a game his next 6 starts? :D

4 hours ago, Spoleto said:

All sorts of p!sh came out after the game yesterday including :- 

"took the huff at being subbed" - do you think he should be happy going off with the team losing?

"didn't celebrate the goals" - yes, he did.

"made no effort"- yes, he did. Probably our most attack minded player in the first half, Mulraney was the one who was shocking and passed to Hibs players for the first hour. I wish we had stats to show distance covered by players as I believe it would dispel that myth once and for all". 

what a comedian!!!!!

One of Clarey's first attempted passes straight to a Hibs player in centre circle and they just about score from it

15 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

what a comedian!!!!!

One of Clarey's first attempted passes straight to a Hibs player in centre circle and they just about score from it

I think you'll find it was midway in the Hibs half and was the only misplaced pass (that I can remember)  he made in the first half. 

So good luck trying to blame him for almost losing a goal from the opposition half.

28 minutes ago, kila said:

Clare can take a penalty, I'll give you that.

But what if Mulraney scores a goal a game his next 6 starts? :D

Then I'd be delighted.

been here before
5 hours ago, Skivingatwork said:

I do believe there’s a player there but his confidence is shot to pieces. Needs rested for a month and some reserve games.

KAAAABOOOOM!!!

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

IMO Meshino (L), Clare (C) and Morrison (R) could be an exciting mix playing off each other at pace. 

Completely agree!

The nit-picking and fault-finding of Clare on here is totally out of order.  Others’ slips and mistakes are conveniently ignored.

Admittedly Sunday was not one of his better games, however the suggestion that substituting him changed the game is ridiculous.

The “football experts” on here even rate Uche a better footballer than Clare!

Hopefully Clare doesn’t read this stuff, and hopefully he starts on Wednesday.

5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

We all want Hearts players to do well, be effective, be successful. 

But why people can’t accept he’s largely ineffective week to week is baffling?

It doesn’t matter if it’s Clare or someone else. If you aren’t playing well or not producing enough then another player deserves a chance. 

He's just another player passing through the corridors of Tynecastle who may just turn out not to be good enough. But you’d think he was related to half of Kickback. 

4 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

Completely agree!

The nit-picking and fault-finding of Clare on here is totally out of order.  Others’ slips and mistakes are conveniently ignored.

Admittedly Sunday was not one of his better games, however the suggestion that substituting him changed the game is ridiculous.

Nit Picking? Have you watched his over 50 games now?

Opinions I suppose but I cant see what you see TBH.

I agree with the likes of McCann and Stewart who say he can be like playing with a man down. On Sunday just before he was subbed, we lost the ball and he just trotted slowly back, no attempt to get back and help. Lacks awareness and heart, gives away the ball too much. can drift past players easily but with no end product. Will be the one to drop out when walker or Naismith is fit

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Nit Picking? Have you watched his over 50 games now?

Opinions I suppose but I cant see what you see TBH.

46 games actually. In which he's scored 7. 

Compared to Mulraneys 1 in 40.

6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I agree with the likes of McCann and Stewart who say he can be like playing with a man down. On Sunday just before he was subbed, we lost the ball and he just trotted slowly back, no attempt to get back and help. Lacks awareness and heart, gives away the ball too much. can drift past players easily but with no end product. Will be the one to drop out when walker or Naismith is fit

I agree if Walker was fit Clare wouldn't start. 

I still maintain that Clare is a starter before Mulraney though.

29 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

Completely agree!

However there is little doubt that his confidence is pretty shot at present. He would benefit from being taken out of the limelight and being allowed to try and regain what ever it was that our scouts saw in him. There is no doubt that he has talent and there is a player there but just now he consistently  looks timid and the game just seems to pass him by.

Edited by Deevers

18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

he’s cost us many more with his non existent football brain, lack of positional sense and herbal laziness and weakness

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s cost us many more with his non existent football brain, lack of positional sense and herbal laziness and weakness

In your opinion, which is wrong, IMO.

Here's another stat from 2018/19

Clare - 6 Yellow cards.

Mulraney - 1 Yellow Card.

Which player gets stuck in?

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

In your opinion, which is wrong, IMO.

Here's another stat from 2018/19

Clare - 6 Yellow cards.

Mulraney - 1 Yellow Card.

Which player gets stuck in?

Thats nonsense. Your logic is the more yellows you get it proves the more you got "stuck-in". 

Or hes just got poor judgement and ability?

35 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

OK so 46.  Plenty game time to show us his credentials.

Still waiting...

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thats nonsense. Your logic is the more yellows you get it proves the more you got "stuck-in". 

Or hes just got poor judgement and ability?

Aye, because Mulraney is famed for his tackling ability isn't he?