• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

14 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

No other player who lost that challenge would be blamed for the 2nd goal. Only Clare. 

I personally blame Brandon more for his atrocious misplaced pass under no pressure. But he’s young and learning so I won’t be harsh on the kid. Now, imagine it was Clare who misplaced the pass...

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

No other player who lost that challenge would be blamed for the 2nd goal. Only Clare. 

You're just making it up now! 

RenfrewHearts
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I personally blame Brandon more for his atrocious misplaced pass under no pressure. But he’s young and learning so I won’t be harsh on the kid. Now, imagine it was Clare who misplaced the pass...

Yep. 

Brandon was abysmal on Saturday and if the stories about him being unhappy, because he wasn’t allowed to leave, are true then he needs a dusting down. Who does he think he is? Team comes first!! 

Regards Clare, I thought he was decent on Saturday and took his goal well. Always feel there is more to come with him, suppose time will tell. 

He’s definitely better centrally though.

Edited by RenfrewHearts

2 minutes ago, RenfrewHearts said:

Yep. 

Brandon was abysmal on Saturday and if the stories about him being unhappy, because he wasn’t allowed to leave, are true then he needs a dusting down. Who does he think he is? Team comes first!! 

Regards Clare, I thought he was decent on Saturday and took his goal well. Always feel there is more to come with him, suppose time will tell. 

Brandon is a diabolical footballer. Clare under a good manager will romp our league imo.

RenfrewHearts
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Brandon is a diabolical footballer. Clare under a good manager will romp our league imo.

He may well be diabolical but add that to a bad attitude and we’ve got a big problem. Can’t afford to risk him against any team if that’s the case. 

43 minutes ago, RenfrewHearts said:

Yep. 

I would genuinely rather see Dikamona covering at right back. I had hoped Brandon would leave to be quite honest.

41 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Clare at right back. Smith in centre 3 

Clare couldn't tackle a fish supper so why on earth would you want him in a position where he has to tackle?

Stephen Muddie
49 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Clare couldn't tackle a fish supper so why on earth would you want him in a position where he has to tackle?

Did you go to or watch on a dodgy stream (like I did) the Hamilton game? He's not the best tackler, unsurprising for an attacking midfielder, but he got stuck into them at times. Two good tackles I remember. I recall one dodgy timed one. Not claiming to be the oracle, so what do you remember?

He is absent from most of the game stands and watches most time far to lazy for my liking needs to help in defense going forward the odd flash of being a good player but not enough for my liking. 

6 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Did you go to or watch on a dodgy stream (like I did) the Hamilton game? He's not the best tackler, unsurprising for an attacking midfielder, but he got stuck into them at times. Two good tackles I remember. I recall one dodgy timed one. Not claiming to be the oracle, so what do you remember?

He does tackle. Those that say he doesn’t are either blind or lying. Clare not getting stuck in is another myth along with the myth that he’s lazy. 

Adam_the_legend
15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He does tackle. Those that say he doesn’t are either blind or lying. Clare not getting stuck in is another myth along with the myth that he’s lazy. 

Is the fact that he’s **** a myth?

thats a rhetorical question btw. 

He’ll come good. Needs time. Needs right players beside him. Not found his true position yet. Definitely potential there. New team. Once he’s found a house he’ll kick on. Full pre-season he’ll be up to speed. 

1 minute ago, Hercules said:

He’ll come good. Needs time. Needs right players beside him. Not found his true position yet. Definitely potential there. New team. Once he’s found a house he’ll kick on. Full pre-season he’ll be up to speed. 

Nailed it Herc

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

A good manager will punt Clare ASAP!

21 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A good manager will punt Clare ASAP!

Can you imagine a clarey under doddie or JJ!! Wouldn’t last long

7 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

I am on holiday and wasn't at the Hamilton game so my opinion is based on all the other games I have seen him in. Disappears too much for me to play that role.

14 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Love to see his hearts win stats, must be one of the worst in a long time

Or as an alternative look at the fact that he’s scored in 3 of the 4 league games we’ve won this year.  2 of those 3 games were wins by a single goal.

12 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Or as an alternative look at the fact that he’s scored in 3 of the 4 league games we’ve won this year.  2 of those 3 games were wins by a single goal.

Don’t be sensible mate. Here’s a strange one. Whelan was every bit as ineffective as Clare 2nd half on Saturday, yet Whelan gets a positive thread cause he clapped the fans after the game. Weird. Djoum and Isma got the same treatment.............

We_are_the_Hearts
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I am on holiday and wasn't at the Hamilton game so my opinion is based on all the other games I have seen him in. Disappears too much for me to play that role.

Exactly, it's not even up for debate he disappears too much cause he does. He is an impact player who shows flashes. You can see he doesn't like the dirty work and press. Would be better used from the bench IMO. 

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Don’t be sensible mate. Here’s a strange one. Whelan was every bit as ineffective as Clare 2nd half on Saturday, yet Whelan gets a positive thread cause he clapped the fans after the game. Weird. Djoum and Isma got the same treatment.............

EDYdVdpX4AAaZ4h?format=jpg&name=small

::troll::

50 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Possibly Whelan was ineffective in the 2nd half on Saturday because Clare' Mulraney, Washington etc had stopped being effective ? Could also be argued that the reason that we've only won 4 games is because Clare, amongst others, continues to get game time even when he's playing poorly ?

Here's another stat , Hearts have never lost a game that Machino has featured in for them 👍

Edited by Paul Shark

6 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Possibly Whelan was ineffective in the 2nd half on Saturday because Clare' Mulraney, Washington etc had stopped being effective ?

Here's another stat , Hearts have never lost a game that Machino has featured in for them 👍

Or Whelan had lost the midfield meaning Clare and Mulraney never got on the ball as much. The point remains the same. Clare scores and performs very well until the arse falls completely out the team. Clare is by no way the worst performer but again is singled out by the fans. Mulraney also has suffered the same criticism as Clare, Djoum and Isma. 

7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Or Whelan had lost the midfield meaning Clare and Mulraney never got on the ball as much. The point remains the same. Clare scores and performs very well until the arse falls completely out the team. Clare is by no way the worst performer but again is singled out by the fans. Mulraney also has suffered the same criticism as Clare, Djoum and Isma. 

Do you think it's a racist thing, with the support ? 

Do you honestly think our results would have been worse, the last 20 odd games if Clare hadn't played ?

I'm not saying Clare is the worst but some of his performances have not warranted his continued selection, game after game.

I also think that, if we ever get every one fit he game time is going to be severely restricted. Because I would imagine Naismith and Mashino would both get picked before him. 

2 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Do you think it's a racist thing, with the support ? 

Do you honestly think our results would have been worse, the last 20 odd games if Clare hadn't played ?

I'm not saying Clare is the worst but some of his performances have not warranted his continued selection, game after game.

I also think that, if we ever get every one fit he game time is going to be severely restricted. Because I would imagine Naismith and Mashino would both get picked before him. 

You don’t think it’s a racist thing? 

Clare has had poor games, no worse than any other Hearts player tho. Berra, for example, has been shocking since his return from injury, plays every week. Souttar has been poor, Bozanic poor, Lee poor, Haring poor.........the team has massively under performed. Yet Clare is continually picked out. Clare has scored more goals than any Hearts player this calendar year, slaughtered weekly. Clare also has a manager that hasn’t a clue what he’s doing and has continually swapped Clare’s position. He’s been right back, lone striker, winger, attacking midfielder and a sitting midfielder. People

question his attitude yet he’s never once sulked at being asked to play in so many different positions for the side. Something is blinding people to what’s in front of them. Clare has poor games, there is no doubt about that, he isn’t our worst player tho and is never any worse than anyone else. 

33 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Clare has had poor games, no worse than any other Hearts player tho. Berra, for example, has been shocking since his return from injury, plays every week. Souttar has been poor, Bozanic poor, Lee poor, Haring poor.........the team has massively under performed. Yet Clare is continually picked out. Clare has scored more goals than any Hearts player this calendar year, slaughtered weekly. Clare also has a manager that hasn’t a clue what he’s doing and has continually swapped Clare’s position. He’s been right back, lone striker, winger, attacking midfielder and a sitting midfielder. People

question his attitude yet he’s never once sulked at being asked to play in so many different positions for the side. Something is blinding people to what’s in front of them. Clare has poor games, there is no doubt about that, he isn’t our worst player tho and is never any worse than anyone else. 

Agree with a lot of that although I don't really think it's explicitly a racist thing. Certain players are judged more harshly than others but with Clare I think a lot of it is him coming here from England with a lot of hype and not living up to it yet. But yeah him being shunted around different positions and never getting a run in a settled spot contributes massively to that and the management of him has been criminal. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You really do slaver some abject shite. See instead of sitting there slyly insinuating racism on the board why not call the individuals out? Why not contact the mods. Its not the first time you've thrown out this odious shit.

Just to prove the outright ****ing idiocy of you and your posts how are you explaining these?...

Some hardly complimentary Berra threads from the last couple of months...

Drop Berra For A Start 

How Many Goals Is Berra Going To Lose Before He Is Dropped.

Christophe Berra

Olly Lee threads from the last few months hardly full of praise..

Olly Lee To Gillingham

Olly Lee

Olly Lee Looking To Leave

Bozanic has a few threads for someone who never gets much of a game... all of which contain posts about how shite some people think he is...

Bozanic v Cochrane

Burns, Bozanic, Lee Wighton

.. and thats only the three I could be arsed looking for. Id imagine the threads are there about the others but thats not going to suit your agenda.

This place has been awash with threads about Zlamal and Doyle every time theyve played. What colour are they? 

There are few things in life worse than racism. Sitting shouting about it and not not having the balls to confront whoever you think is responsible but throwing out repeared insinuations tarring anyone with an opinion about a particular person is one of those things.

You're beneath contempt with that sort of behaviour.

35 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Berra has been absolutely slaughtered for recent performances, as have Zlamal and Wighton, on the rare occasion he's played ? 

I agree with a lot of what you say there, but don't think it'll be much of an issue in the coming months, regardless of who's picking the team, if everyone is fit Clare is going to struggle to get a game. I would imagine that Man City will expect Machino to get plenty game time, Naismith, when fit is always going to start ahead of Clare and Mulraney will also start ahead of him because he's left sided. Whelan and Haring in the middle, Washington up front, doesn't leave a lot of space for Clare.

32 minutes ago, been here before said:

You really do slaver some abject shite. See instead of sitting there slyly insinuating racism on the board why not call the individuals out? Why not contact the mods. Its not the first time you've thrown out this odious shit.

Just to prove the outright ****ing idiocy of you and your posts how are you explaining these?...

Some hardly complimentary Berra threads from the last couple of months...

Drop Berra For A Start 

How Many Goals Is Berra Going To Lose Before He Is Dropped.

Christophe Berra

Olly Lee threads from the last few months hardly full of praise..

Olly Lee To Gillingham

Olly Lee

Olly Lee Looking To Leave

Bozanic has a few threads for someone who never gets much of a game... all of which contain posts about how shite some people think he is...

Bozanic v Cochrane

Burns, Bozanic, Lee Wighton

.. and thats only the three I could be arsed looking for. Id imagine the threads are there about the others but thats not going to suit your agenda.

This place has been awash with threads about Zlamal and Doyle every time theyve played. What colour are they? 

There are few things in life worse than racism. Sitting shouting about it and not not having the balls to confront whoever you think is responsible but throwing out repeared insinuations tarring anyone with an opinion about a particular person is one of those things.

You're beneath contempt with that sort of behaviour.

Am not the only individual on here who thinks there is something sinister to the Sean Clare criticism by some, strange that you seem to think it’s only me. Fair enough tho. I can be guilty of slavering, no arguments from me. 

Like I said, Djoum, Isma and Mulraney have all suffered racist abuse from our fans, as you well know, so it’s not a totally bonkers concept.

Am not saying everyone who thinks Sean Clare is crap is a racist by the way, if that’s how you think it comes across then that was never my intention and I apologise if it does.

No point did I say that no other player ever gets criticised, I said that Clare is always singled out win lose or draw regardless of his actual performance. My point about him being targeted when others have performed as poorly, if not worse, I think is fair. Look at Whelan on Saturday. He seemed to get away with dropping out the game cause he clapped the fans at the end. 

We can arrange scraps behind the wheatfield, is that not the kickback way of calling people out? I’ve moved season tickets to the main stand but am sure the stewards will allow me over to settle this. 

Its also worth pointing out that I myself have criticised Clare’s performance, when I’ve felt it’s been noticeable poorer than everyone else around him. 

I may well be miles off with this Clare stuff. 16 pages, 5 games and about 640 comments since August the 4th. Has Clare really been that bad in those 5 games? Roughly 130 comments, 3 pages per game he’s played. Seems excessive. 

26 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Berra has been absolutely slaughtered for recent performances, as have Zlamal and Wighton, on the rare occasion he's played ? 

I agree with a lot of what you say there, but don't think it'll be much of an issue in the coming months, regardless of who's picking the team, if everyone is fit Clare is going to struggle to get a game. I would imagine that Man City will expect Machino to get plenty game time, Naismith, when fit is always going to start ahead of Clare and Mulraney will also start ahead of him because he's left sided. Whelan and Haring in the middle, Washington up front, doesn't leave a lot of space for Clare.

Don’t disagree with you. Think Clare will struggle in the side when everyone is fit. Levein clearly wanted him to make that centre mid role his own, it hasn’t worked. 

15 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Don’t disagree with you. Think Clare will struggle in the side when everyone is fit. Levein clearly wanted him to make that centre mid role his own, it hasn’t worked. 

Hasn't worked really?

Motherwell game playing central his intelligent run took two defenders away from Smith who subsequently scored.

Celtic game He get ahead of Brown wins a Penalty

Hamilton Game Scores 

Think the main problem is Levein having him all over the place.

16 minutes ago, Rods said:

Hasn't worked really?

Motherwell game playing central his intelligent run took two defenders away from Smith who subsequently scored.

Celtic game He get ahead of Brown wins a Penalty

Hamilton Game Scores 

Think the main problem is Levein having him all over the place.

I agree. 

17 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I don't know if this is the point you were making but Brandon is 21. Clare is 22. I don't see why they should be judged to different standards. 

Edited by AGoodLaugh

Clare and Lee both suffer from not looking like they are interested when not playing well. Compare this to Edwards or Uche who run around and huff and puff but are limited footballers. The ones who are shit but try get less grief than the skillful ones that look like they don't care.

Not a skin colour issue

Edited by jambopilms

Clare needs to play in a central attacking role to be effective, I think if he was just left to one position he would flourish.

In that role he is very good.

40 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Clare needs to play in a central attacking role to be effective, I think if he was just left to one position he would flourish.

In that role he is very good.

I agree, he looked excellent against Hamilton until the Henderson/Meshino substitution which resulted in him playing wide and he was poor.

2 hours ago, AGoodLaugh said:

I don't know if this is the point you were making but Brandon is 21. Clare is 22. I don't see why they should be judged to different standards. 

It was certainly a hint at what I was getting at. Clare isn’t a ‘good honest Scottish laddie’ that has come through the academy and he cost a fee. Not something he demanded himself, of course. But as you pointed out the two players are judged differently and really shouldn’t be.

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It was certainly a hint at what I was getting at. Clare isn’t a ‘good honest Scottish laddie’ that has come through the academy and he cost a fee. Not something he demanded himself, of course. But as you pointed out the two players are judged differently and really shouldn’t be.

Yup, totally agree! 

As for the racism thing, I’ve never once said the Clare criticism was borne from that. I feel it’s more stubbornness / indirect criticism of Levein / different opinions and that.

BUT what I will say is that there are players who’ve had the same criticisms in the past that are pure myths and based on racial stereotypes (see “lazy”). Clare isn't lazy. Djoum wasn’t lazy, Isma wasn’t lazy. Christ some people have claimed Uche has been lazy this season!

Now I will give some people the benefit of the doubt that it’s not an inherited stereotype they've picked up and that they’re either parroting what the herd are saying or they have mistaken a style for laziness (like how Ozil gets labelled lazy when he really, really isn’t), but it would be naive to say that the ‘lazy’ label hasn’t been used consciously or subconsciously in the wrong way.

23 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

As for the racism thing, I’ve never once said the Clare criticism was borne from that. I feel it’s more stubbornness / indirect criticism of Levein / different opinions and that.

BUT what I will say is that there are players who’ve had the same criticisms in the past that are pure myths and based on racial stereotypes (see “lazy”). Clare isn't lazy. Djoum wasn’t lazy, Isma wasn’t lazy. Christ some people have claimed Uche has been lazy this season!

Now I will give some people the benefit of the doubt that it’s not an inherited stereotype they've picked up and that they’re either parroting what the herd are saying or they have mistaken a style for laziness (like how Ozil gets labelled lazy when he really, really isn’t), but it would be naive to say that the ‘lazy’ label hasn’t been used consciously or subconsciously in the wrong way.

I agree with a lot of this, I don't think Clare is particularly lazy, I just don't think he's a very good footballer. Very few glimpses of skill so far. Such a disappointment - I really don't understand the persistent starting place he's had, which seems to be a formality, regardless of his previous performance(s). 

50 minutes ago, communist said:

I agree with a lot of this, I don't think Clare is particularly lazy, I just don't think he's a very good footballer. Very few glimpses of skill so far. Such a disappointment - I really don't understand the persistent starting place he's had, which seems to be a formality, regardless of his previous performance(s). 

You're entitled to your opinion of course but I have to disagree. (On the footballer part) But that’s opinions of course, they don’t have to be the same.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
57 minutes ago, communist said:

He looks like he doesn’t want to be her tbf.

17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

**** me, people pulling out the racism card to defend Clare. Desperate stuff

Yip jkb is rife for this

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He looks like he doesn’t want to be her tbf.

Don't believe that myself. But IF he did look like he didn’t want to be here, why should he? He gets pelters from the stands and on social media week in week out, even when he plays well (MoM vs both County and Hamilton for me) while his peers in the team playing at the same level as him if not worse get nothing of the sort. Peers older and far more experienced than him, still a young player learning his trade I might add. Do you think he’ll talk to players like Meshino and say “you’ll love it here mate, they give young guys new to the league a lot of encouragement and don’t get on your back unnecessarily”? Of course he won’t. Wonder what he would say if asked though.