Sean Clare.

Whatever

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Be honest, if they were all to leave the club, none of them would be missed. Sorry to include Berra in this but his form the last year has been dire.

Bang on the money mate and Clare could be added to that list.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Exactly Geoff!! At the mere mention of racism there are those that are desperate to jump on their soapbox!

Clare was mom on Saturday and yet we have a thread dedicated to slagging him off. I doubt it's racism, at least not by all, it's more that people stated he was shite when he first arrived and refuse to admit they were wrong.

5 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Don't judge others when their sins don't match your own. As like you everyone has and can speak their mind from the flower pot men to the supremists. Thats people for you

Thanks for that Donald Trump.😍

Just now, XB52 said:

Clare was mom on Saturday and yet we have a thread dedicated to slagging him off. I doubt it's racism, at least not by all, it's more that people stated he was shite when he first arrived and refuse to admit they were wrong.

Clare was MOM in the first half only and scored a lovely goal.

As usual he drifted out of the game in the second half when the going got tough and was part culpable for the loss of the second Hamilton goal.

I was excited when Clare was signed going by the hype from his Agent and Levein, however performance after performance disappointed.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, 7628mm said:

I agree he seems to come alive when we are going forward with a bit of pace (Saturdays goal).

However we generally (to be mild) play a defensive game and may actually play the game zonally which means players are seriously restricted in what and where they operate on the field.

I am not sure that will make sense but my reasoning is as follows:  

Craig Halkett ran over the half way line and up to about 25 yards out unchallenged. Nice pass to SC and bang goal.

Cast your mind back to some games at Tynie with Soutar getting the ball and running towards the half way line. He seems to panic and stops short of entering the opposing half turns and passes the ball backwards. Zonal football.

I may well need a hard hat for this one.

No need for a hard hat, I turned to my great nephew after the goal and said Souttar has only done that one time out of hundreds of forays forward.

As for Clare, moving him around doesn’t help and he can’t be expected to drag the team out of  a rut as he’s young and needs better coaching to progress.

Edited by Pasquale for King

12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Glad you got that off your chest!

Nobody on here is denying that there is indeed total arseholes in society in general and a small minority around football in particular, that display mindless racism.

My point is that very many respectable Hearts fans posting on here and attending Tynecastle, think Clare’s performances to be extremely poor with not one iota of racism.

Its Hearts we support . I noticed after a 17 year break that the fans I knew are still trending in their 50s some of the vilest mindless thugs roamed the UK from the 80s onwards. Used to be skinheads then casuals extremely racist bigoted bullies and thugs now sitting in the Posh seats all nicely same numpties your lording. Unless your promoting yourself to the highest I wouldn't do that levels of morals and fibre. Hearts are here

29 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Don't either of you apologise for this in the slightest.  This is ****ing absolutely what happens with some of our so called supporters, and it's annoying as ****.  I'm fed up with hearing it at games, and it's amazingly predictable about who will get stuff shouted at them at games

Wee darling Jamie Walker has a shite game, and it's fine because he's a guid honest Hertz laddie.  Clare/Djoum/Isma plays the ball 6 inches behind the player they're passing to and there's an uproar about how they're the shitest player to ever pull on a Hearts jersey, with some of the abuse going way over the top for what actually happened.

We ignore the issue time after time after time.  Mention anyone making a blatantly racist comment that you hear at a game, and people quickly jump in with "Well I sit in Section XXX and I never heard a thing" etc.  Mention the fact that people consistently give foreign players a hard time, and you're accused of lying about it.  It's absolutely ****ing infuriating that people are so blinkered, or refuse to acknowledge what is happening.

There was a boy that sat just down from my old Season ticket seat that constantly shouted abuse at Djoum, even when it was Isma that had actually played the ball.  Every criticism somehow mentioned the words "black *******".  It was a very small percentage of people around me that moaned about it, but nothing ever got done, and the boy was free to spew his vitriol for everyone in his vicinity to hear.  When I chose not to renew my season ticket in that location, it was him that sprung to mind first.  "Can I be arsed listening to a racist dickhead for 90 minutes every week?"

It's a very-small-but-very-vocal percentage that do this, but call it out, and you will be told you have "an agenda" (whatever that means), that you are a liar, or just that you are a Hibs *******.  I am ****ing sick of it.

So you sat and listened to this for weeks/months and never said anything? 

The difference is regardless of nationality all fans like to see youth products come through and naturally give them more time as they want to see them flourish.

When a player signs we almost expect the complete article and less patient and there’s absolutely nothing racist about it.

5 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Its Hearts we support . I noticed after a 17 year break that the fans I knew are still trending in their 50s some of the vilest mindless thugs roamed the UK from the 80s onwards. Used to be skinheads then casuals extremely racist bigoted bullies and thugs now sitting in the Posh seats all nicely same numpties your lording. Unless your promoting yourself to the highest I wouldn't do that levels of morals and fibre. Hearts are here

Interesting. Are you saying that the Hearts fans on here who have slated Clare’s performances are all previous skinheads, casuals, racists and bullies????

9 minutes ago, Hearts_91 said:

So you sat and listened to this for weeks/months and never said anything? 

The difference is regardless of nationality all fans like to see youth products come through and naturally give them more time as they want to see them flourish.

When a player signs we almost expect the complete article and less patient and there’s absolutely nothing racist about it.

I actually complained about this particular dickhead, but... actually, let me quote something for you:

40 minutes ago, tian447 said:

nothing ever got done,

There was even an incident with a steward who just about tore the guys face off after a particular rant about "blacks", but no-one cared.  The guy probably continues to sit there to this day.

"When a player signs we almost expect the complete article and less patient and there’s absolutely nothing racist about it."  Utter, utter nonsense.  You can speak for yourself, but you proving my point from above:

40 minutes ago, tian447 said:

We ignore the issue time after time after time.  Mention anyone making a blatantly racist comment that you hear at a game, and people quickly jump in with "Well I sit in Section XXX and I never heard a thing" etc.  Mention the fact that people consistently give foreign players a hard time, and you're accused of lying about it.  It's absolutely ****ing infuriating that people are so blinkered, or refuse to acknowledge what is happening.

Edited by tian447

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I may be wrong but I think Clare has scored 2 of our 5 goals this year from open play. Nearly all of our goals this calendar year have been from set plays, we are a team that prioritises set plays. 

Clare is a good player, is he guilty of the odd poor performance, 100%. Is he our worst player and worst performer, absolutely not. No matter what he does he is singled out above all others usually. Saturday was a great example. We started the game off terribly, Sean Clare, Irving and Mulraney single handily took the game by the scruff of the neck and put us in charge and we played some of our best stuff for a while in that first half. The 2nd half is a shambles, every single attacking player and midfielder was awful. This thread explodes with people slaughtering Clare. Meanwhile Whelan gets a positive thread, even tho he was every bit as poor as Clare, because he stayed on the park and clapped the fans. 640 comments and more on one player who is by no way our worst. 

If it was one game as a sample size you'd have a point. It's not and that is the point. Incidentally, I agree with you that Clare was far from the worst on Saturday but he was still mediocre overall. That's the reason he is being "singled out".

Geoff Kilpatrick
29 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wighton was extremely poor - unlike Clare he was dropped.

Correct.

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Interesting. Are you saying that the Hearts fans on here who have slated Clare’s performances are all previous skinheads, casuals, racists and bullies????

I'm saying the ones I knew over 17 years ago that spend the big money are.  Did you intentionally over look that part. I did read the members post and said nothing about Jambos on JKB as I've no idea who any of you are. I should know as I was a major offender for a lot of years

Edited by AJAMBO

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

I actually complained about this particular dickhead, but... actually, let me quote something for you

So instead of standing up to a racist you complained? Certainly wouldn’t be my course of action but each to there own 

5 minutes ago, Hearts_91 said:

So instead of standing up to a racist you complained? Certainly wouldn’t be my course of action but each to there own 

What, and start a fight in the Wheatfield Stand with a random drunken old ****?

Awa' ye go.  Tedious patter.

8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I actually complained about this particular dickhead, but... actually, let me quote something for you:

There was even an incident with a steward who just about tore the guys face off after a particular rant about "blacks", but no-one cared.  The guy probably continues to sit there to this day.

So the steward did not report this racist abuse to his supervisor?? That is not good!

However did you formally record your complaint to the Club and give this racist’s seat number?

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If it was one game as a sample size you'd have a point. It's not and that is the point. Incidentally, I agree with you that Clare was far from the worst on Saturday but he was still mediocre overall. That's the reason he is being "singled out".

The issue on Saturday was the same as Celtic and Aberdeen matches we beat ourselves. Crazy own goals and total shite defending. This due to injuries to Souttar and Smith missing

pettigrewsstylist

People suggesting peoples race is the reason people label them.as poor ....

What happens  If they score 4 on their derby debut or last minute winners at ipox?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

Here are some players in the squad who have performed to a poorer standard than Clare since he signed: 

Bobby

Berra 

Burns 

White

Bozanic

MacLean

Wighton

Uche 

Even if you were correct. Not saying you are or are not. 

All the above have been dropped or played very little. 

Berra being the only exception. 

Clare hasn't been dropped 

14 minutes ago, tian447 said:

What, and start a fight in the Wheatfield Stand with a random drunken old ****?

Awa' ye go.  Tedious patter.

Many a square go took place in the wheatfield road back in the day

28 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

People suggesting peoples race is the reason people label them.as poor ....

What happens  If they score 4 on their derby debut or last minute winners at ipox?

Moany Fans are comng across like fickle indian givers. I dreamed of the day I'd get to see my beloved Hearts for many years I had memories and snippets of info on the side. To be able to sit in my maroon seat I was stunned at the theater of dreams I'd made it through some extremely testing times and kick off arrived and my soul sank Hearts are shite was my thoughts gutted all them fantasies wiped out fans in uproar . Im shocked at that state people are in with all the mod cons and best of gear so easy to roll them over. I've been home two month and everything is handed on a plate for success just need 5 wins on the bounce and we be playing bulldog and liking each other.

Edited by AJAMBO

Levein has us all bickering at each other. Was Clare one of the players who couldn't be bothered in the 2nd half on Saturday?

Regardless of injuries, I just can't understand how we seem to throw in the towel.

I remember not too long ago we didn't start playing until the 2nd half.  Now it seems to be the opposite.  Any chance we might start to perform for the best part of 90 minutes?

Thursday here now and still absolutely fed up with us.  Used to recover from rubbish performances by Tuesday.  We just seem to go from bad to worse despite having some very good players on the park.

7 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

Here are some players in the squad who have performed to a poorer standard than Clare since he signed: 

Bobby

Berra 

Burns 

White

Bozanic

MacLean

Wighton

Uche 

Like it or not hearts have identified that they are going to be a club that develops players. I think this means we’ll have a selection of old experienced players who are past their best, lots of ‘Rough diamonds’ with lots of potential but not a lot of game time/experience and a bunch of kids coming through the academy.

Whilst in theory this sounds like a good idea, maybe in reality it won’t work as the manager ends up focusing as much on developing players as winning games.

Not being bothered has Been the normal for 2 seasons at Hearts barring Naismith and Souttar

So many players not performing regularly or look like they even care 

There are 2 reasons i see for this 

1 they don't believe in the manager or his tactics 

2 the management and coaching isn't motivating this group of players 

There almost seems to he this acceptance amongst this squad that losing is acceptable. A Losers mentalitly. Apart from Naismith and Berra and possibly Whelan you never see this team look bothered if they are getting beat. Nobody losing the rag that someone isn't doing their job on the pitch. Nobody getting annoyed we are getting beat or we lose another soft goal. the thing that annoys me about Clare. He just doesn't seem bothered by anything. He just floats around at his own pace and you very rarely get a full 90 mins from him

Edited by kimosavi

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2019 at 22:51, tian447 said:

Don't either of you apologise for this in the slightest.  This is ****ing absolutely what happens with some of our so called supporters, and it's annoying as ****.  I'm fed up with hearing it at games, and it's amazingly predictable about who will get stuff shouted at them at games

Wee darling Jamie Walker has a shite game, and it's fine because he's a guid honest Hertz laddie.  Clare/Djoum/Isma plays the ball 6 inches behind the player they're passing to and there's an uproar about how they're the shitest player to ever pull on a Hearts jersey, with some of the abuse going way over the top for what actually happened.

There was a boy that sat just down from my old Season ticket seat that constantly shouted abuse at Djoum, even when it was Isma that had actually played the ball.  Every criticism somehow mentioned the words "black *******".  It was a very small percentage of people around me that moaned about it, but nothing ever got done, and the boy was free to spew his vitriol for everyone in his vicinity to hear.  When I chose not to renew my season ticket in that location, it was him that sprung to mind first.  "Can I be arsed listening to a racist dickhead for 90 minutes every week?"

It's a very-small-but-very-vocal percentage that do this, but call it out, and you will be told you have "an agenda" (whatever that means), that you are a liar, or just that you are a Hibs *******.  I am ****ing sick of it.

You we’re doing great till you singled out walker , I like Claire but I’m no going to try to switch the ire to another player .

walker has had a couple of decent games since his return and snapped a leg in a goal saving tackle . 

3 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Emblematic of the current first team regime. Absolutely embarrassing today. 

Sean was fine in the first half and had some nice touches. Completely lost when was played at the back, though.

2 minutes ago, S Form said:

Sean was fine in the first half and had some nice touches. Completely lost when was played at the back, though.

I agree he did OK in spells in the first half. Seemed culpable at the first goal (haven’t seen replay) and his effort at the third was remarkably awful. An embarrassment. 

Just now, Gimme an H... said:

I can't believe there are still folk out there thinking he's even half a player... He's so so bad. 

Not even as good as merely bad. Can't wait until Wighton is back to link up with him.....better days ahead.....CL says so

Never a right back in a million years.

Had to kick that out for their third goal but what the **** was Doyle coming out for?

I assume Clare wanted to play it back to him but Doyle just narrowed the angle. 

The 3rd goal was a shocker but he was also at fault for the first in my opinion. Took an embarrassing dive to try and con a defensive free kick, Motherwell boy got a shot away that led to the corner. 

If if we are to get out of this slump, he simply won’t do

10 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Hearts fans mainly are clueless now that Levein is shite they think they are pep guardiola, Clare for me is decent and least of our worries.

Don’t have to claim to be Pep G to recognise how horrendous he was at the decisive third goal. Stevie Wonder could have seen that. 

I’m generally an upbeat supporter, although like all I have some favourites, but I have been on Clares case for a while now, and its because I just think hes pish. No agenda, nothing to do with creed or colour, but based on 50 years of watching the JT’s, and hes awful. 

He has the heart of a mouse, and is soft as sin. He is so not cut out for the Scottish game. I 100% agree putting him to right back was mental, but feck me just clear the bloody ball. 

I like most players, or try and see a positive in nearly them all, but I think Clare frustrates me more than most, as he has some ability. 

He has no football brain, desire, hunger etc Ability counts for heehaw unless you have these basic qualities. He is not the sole one to criticise but for the life of me I cannot believe the amount of supporters he has. Hes mince. 

On 04/09/2019 at 23:10, XB52 said:

He is shite .

He is lazy.

And I couldn't give a fek what colour of skin he has.

Utter pish bringing the race card into this.

I can think of one game.

One where he mildly stood out.

No idea why Levein didn’t just sub Clare off when he made the substitution. Why move an attacking midfield player that’s not having a very good game to right back, just sub him and leave your right back on. 

3 minutes ago, daftie said:

I’m generally an upbeat supporter, although like all I have some favourites, but I have been on Clares case for a while now, and its because I just think hes pish. No agenda, nothing to do with creed or colour, but based on 50 years of watching the JT’s, and hes awful. 

He has the heart of a mouse, and is soft as sin. He is so not cut out for the Scottish game. I 100% agree putting him to right back was mental, but feck me just clear the bloody ball. 

I like most players, or try and see a positive in nearly them all, but I think Clare frustrates me more than most, as he has some ability. 

He has no football brain, desire, hunger etc Ability counts for heehaw unless you have these basic qualities. He is not the sole one to criticise but for the life of me I cannot believe the amount of supporters he has. Hes mince. 

Exactly when in doubt get it out. A simple and straightforward task.

SpruceBringsteen

Three hundred long term injuries in the last year, and not one has been to him. I'd pour bleach in my eyes so I'd never have to see him in maroon again, but the club is so expert at trolling me right now, they'd send him to the ****ing hospital with grapes and flowers.

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Never a right back so def a mistake to move him back there. Motherwell have 2 good wingers so was always going to be up against it! 

Anyone of the Hearts u13 girls who were on at half-time, would have had the sense to clear it, instead of farting about.  

100% Clare's fault.  Just like losing his man at the corner for another Motherwell goal.

What he is not to blame for is constantly getting a start week after week.  That's on that erse Levein.

I have been sticking up for Clare a lot and feel he is getting a lot of unnecessary stick but today I felt he was poor. I do however stick to my point on Levein playing him out of position is pointless. He either plays attacking mid or he is a sub.