• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

35 minutes ago, jake said:

Was he being racist?

Or can you not criticise someone because of the skin colour.

TBH I never heard what was said before the two boys started shouting up at the older fella that he was being a "racist prick". Heard him saying Clare was lazy. Other than that I dunno

32 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

People having a dig when he’s played out of position is mental. Thrown under the bus repeatedly by Levein and his assistants.

What is his position? He’s been employed in a number of roles, and has been dog shite in them all.

The thing that worries me the most about Clare is that no matter how bad he gets, Levein singles him out for praise when it's absolutely plain to see he was torrid. 

Then he starts the next game. Incapable of being dropped. 

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I didn't actually mean to single out Walker, mate.  I just meant that the homegrown lads get a lot more leeway than the others! 

Yeah I know bud, it’s just that I agree with you apart from that . 

Cheers

8 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

The thing that worries me the most about Clare is that no matter how bad he gets, Levein singles him out for praise when it's absolutely plain to see he was torrid. 

And yet I’ve seen people say he lacks confidence. If he ain’t confident now (ie when being an automatic pick despite performing terribly), when will he be? 

11 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

It speaks volumes when Levein is prepared to move him to another position.

If he’d established himself as a strong midfield pick you wouldn’t even think of moving him to RB. 

Jambof3tornado
45 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

People having a dig when he’s played out of position is mental. Thrown under the bus repeatedly by Levein and his assistants.

THIS.

Levein hailed him as a midfield maestro in preseason. Then punts him wide when the season starts, then today throws him in at right back.

Sean Clare doesn't deserve the stick he gets and certainly not the shite from the twat in lower D who got ejected after junior has a go for the abuse he was hurling a SC.

How many times has he been played in his natural position ? Let’s try him there see how it goes and if he’s poor after that then fine let’s hound him . 

Might be better finding out as to why the head coach/dof/board member insists in playing him out of position . 

8 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

How many times has he been played in his natural position ? Let’s try him there see how it goes and if he’s poor after that then fine let’s hound him . 

Might be better finding out as to why the head coach/dof/board member insists in playing him out of position . 

Where is his natural position?

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Clare is very decent. He is wasted in this team 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Meshino is paperweight.

You're clueless. 

Clare has technical ability and nothing else. He's lazy, weak and lacks heart. He should never have been stuck in RB but that's no excuse for the 3rd goal, just clear your ****ing lines! Basic stuff. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Where is his natural position?

For me playing off the centre forward , the role he played well in the first half against hamilton . 

Im not defending his role in the goal we lost today when he was at right back , I was having a piss at the time , but why was he played there when it’s been shown in the past he can’t play there . We wouldn’t play Berra at right wing would we ? Or maybe we might 😱

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

For me playing off the centre forward , the role he played well in the first half against hamilton . 

Im not defending his role in the goal we lost today when he was at right back , I was having a piss at the time , but why was he played there when it’s been shown in the past he can’t play there . We wouldn’t play Berra at right wing would we ? Or maybe we might 😱

He did play quite well in that role for about 30 mins until Henderson got injured. However, previous outings there have not convinced me he should be first choice there.

He has definitely suffered from being moved around a lot. He’s look shit in most roles that he’s been asked to play. The mistake at the third was very little to do with where he had been deployed at that particular time though, in my opinion. It was just simple awful, indecisive play. 

Just now, Peebo said:

He did play quite well in that role for about 30 mins until Henderson got injured. However, previous outings there have not convinced me he should be first choice there.

He has definitely suffered from being moved around a lot. He’s look shit in most roles that he’s been asked to play. The mistake at the third was very little to do with where he had been deployed at that particular time though, in my opinion. It was just simple awful, indecisive play. 

I still think he will come good but for his own good right now he needs taken out the firing line . We have a good squad but it’s not being utilised properly and never will under the current head coach sadly . 

3 minutes ago, Sneckiejambo said:

He came over beside us to take a throw in and the abuse he got of one guy was absolutely disgraceful.

It’s for this kind of thing that I believe taking him out the team would be for his benefit. It’s not exactly going to boost his confidence . 

28 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

THIS.

Levein hailed him as a midfield maestro in preseason. Then punts him wide when the season starts, then today throws him in at right back.

Sean Clare doesn't deserve the stick he gets and certainly not the shite from the twat in lower D who got ejected after junior has a go for the abuse he was hurling a SC.

Actually felt sorry for Clare at full time today, he was absolutely gutted. Wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting 11 personally, but the way he is being handled by Levein is diabolical. 

SomethingAboutObua

Guy gets played out of position every week, he’s a dreadful right back but he’s not meant to be a right back, wish Levein would accept that. He’s also not a winger, a striker or a defensive midfielder, he’s a bloody CAM and he’s only played there for about 30 minutes against Hamilton.

Said this in another thread, if he’s so good and undroppable to Levein then build the team around him rather than shoehorning him into the XI at the expense of someone who can actually play the role he’s in. 

But even with needing to be played in the proper position I think he still needs time out the team. Levein Should do what he did with Hartley and bollock him and drop him for 6 weeks to let him know he’s serious and get him wanting back in the Team. Or with Mulraney, wasn’t good enough and barely played at first just to let him build confidence and muscle, look at the guy now he’s one of our best players end of last season and now (IMO). Can’t see that happening with Clare but think it would be best for him and the team right now. 

Yawn Yawn the usual. I think folks post this Clare stuff now in some sort of Manchurian Candidate sort of way. Sadly becoming very  predictable and very unfair, just how he can be singled out is very unjust. FTR I not saying he’s not been disappointing at times but he seems to get it tight on behalf of the whole team. 

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

What is his position? He’s been employed in a number of roles, and has been dog shite in them all.

Well he’s not a wide man , and not a feking right back.

attacking mid is his position and funnily enough he’s never been that bad there. Levein doing a grand job of ruining another career. 

Matter of time before he plays him in goals or CB

Just now, TheGoodLord said:

Yawn Yawn the usual. I think folks post this Clare stuff now in some sort of Manchurian Candidate sort of way. Sadly becoming very  predictable and very unfair, just how he can be singled out is very unjust. FTR I not saying he’s not been disappointing at times but he seems to get it tight on behalf of the whole team. 

Just like the usual roasters singled out the likes of Isma and Lafferty.

Just now, TheGoodLord said:

Fair enough he’s singled out on the Sean Clare thread. And it’s fair enough he was singled out today given his horrendous error for the decisive goal.

Just now, Peebo said:

Fair enough he’s singled out on the Sean Clare thread. And it’s fair enough he was singled out today given his horrendous error for the decisive goal.

His slip ? In an unnatural position ? 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Well he’s not a wide man , and not a feking right back.

attacking mid is his position and funnily enough he’s never been that bad there. Levein doing a grand job of ruining another career. 

Matter of time before he plays him in goals or CB

Personally not seen much from him in a central attacking midfield role, but absolutely agree that moving him around is doing him no favours. Utterly baffled why he remains a fixture in the starting team yet rarely in this natural role that people say he has. 

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

His slip ? In an unnatural position ? 

The error was absolutely **** all to do with the position he had just been moved into. It was an inexplicable moment of indecision. 

15 minutes ago, Peebo said:

The error was absolutely **** all to do with the position he had just been moved into. It was an inexplicable moment of indecision. 

It was an error but come on, it should never have been an issue. Utterly ridiculous decision to move him there in the first place. Im not a huge fan by the way but feel he really has been thrown under the bus by CL. From the beginning with him bigging him up but then playing him all over the shop. It’s not confined to SC either. Naismith for instance has been used wide. 

WheatfieldWarrior
17 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I think he played right back at his last club.

Toxteth O'Grady

He’s like a shite version of Lee Makel. Utterly powderpuff, couldn’t tackle a fish super and gives up when he loses the ball. Wanders about looking lost 

5 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He’s like a shite version of Lee Makel. Utterly powderpuff, couldn’t tackle a fish super and gives up when he loses the ball. Wanders about looking lost 

Wonders about with no direction. Like many of the players. Criminally misused. He played fine today then was sent to right back ffs

our manager can just GTF. Absolutely wastes players. Ruins them. Not one player under his tenure has improved. Not one.

hes managed to probably completely ruin Harry Cochrane and Anthony MacDonald .

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Nobody really knows. Lots of little flicks etc. The type of player who probably looks good playing at the Pitz in a 5 a side team but just looks lost on an 11 a side pitch. 

If he starts the derby it really will be a joke. 

Toxteth O'Grady
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Wonders about with no direction. Like many of the players. Criminally misused. He played fine today then was sent to right back ffs

our manager can just GTF. Absolutely wastes players. Ruins them. Not one player under his tenure has improved. Not one.

hes managed to probably completely ruin Harry Cochrane and Anthony MacDonald .

He didn’t do much of any significance until he got moved to right back and then he was as clueless as our manager 

9 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Whoever our next Manager is, assuming they are worth their salt you would have to imagine they will take one look at Clare and tell him to up the tempo/work rate or GTF. 

3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Nobody really knows. Lots of little flicks etc. The type of player who probably looks good playing at the Pitz in a 5 a side team but just looks lost on an 11 a side pitch. 

If he starts the derby it really will be a joke. 

Unless naismith is fit who would you play ?

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Unless naismith is fit who would you play ?

I would probably give Calumn Morrison a run out next week. I am not his biggest fan but why should Clare get endless chances in the first team ahead of someone like Morrison. 

Just now, TheOak88 said:

I would probably give Calumn Morrison a run out next week. I am not his biggest fan but why should Clare get endless chances in the first team ahead of someone like Morrison. 

Fair enough 👍

18Jambo_dave74

Clare plays every week regardless of form and position. Nearly at 50 appearances for Hearts now and still not performing.

i don’t care what position he plays or is meant to play - his effort at the third goal was a shambles, schoolboy stuff. I’m told it was Clare that lost his man for the first goal too. Sick of watching his half hearted attempts at playing football.

He is timid and weak. Yet Levein thought he was the answer to our central midfield issues although thankfully has at least seen sense on this fairly quickly. 

4 hours ago, Rods said:

I have been sticking up for Clare a lot and feel he is getting a lot of unnecessary stick but today I felt he was poor. I do however stick to my point on Levein playing him out of position is pointless. He either plays attacking mid or he is a sub.

I seldom criticise a Hearts player because I think it's counter productive but I have to say I am getting the impression Clare is undroppable.

Firstly I wouldn't even have him in the team but secondlly with Smith on the bench when Brandon came off (forwhatever reason) surely that was the move to make.  If CL felt Smith wasn't up to it, why was he on the bench?

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I seldom criticise a Hearts player because I think it's counter productive but I have to say I am getting the impression Clare is undroppable.

Firstly I wouldn't even have him in the team but secondlly with Smith on the bench when Brandon came off (forwhatever reason) surely that was the move to make.  If CL felt Smith wasn't up to it, why was he on the bench?

I don't think Brandon has played 90 minutes since last season - was going to be swapped for Smith, but we needed an attacker on.

Clare was garbage today and should be dropped. Different manager can get different things from players so I’m not writing the lad off.

Clare made himself available and tried to be involved but made too many mistakes and some of his positioning was really poor.

On the flip side Steven McLean hid for the whole game. In a match where you want your older guys to stand up and be counted he was awol yet again. Spineless, disgraceful performance and shouldn’t play for us again.

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Clare was garbage today and should be dropped. Different manager can get different things from players so I’m not writing the lad off.

Clare made himself available and tried to be involved but made too many mistakes and some of his positioning was really poor.

On the flip side Steven McLean hid for the whole game. In a match where you want your older guys to stand up and be counted he was awol yet again. Spineless, disgraceful performance and shouldn’t play for us again.

His positioning was worse when thrown in to the RB role. 

A new manager and we will see a new Sean Clare.

Macca was fekkin terrible. 3 times a ball rolled by and he made no attempt to intercept it.

One of the main reasons of we are in this mess is the complete incompetence of the manager to refuse to take this waste of space off the pitch. 

Start of season “Sean will be our main central midfield player” aye ok Craig he was absolutely bossed In cup games v lower league opponents. 

Moved to behind the striker or wide right where he will point to where everybody else should be whilst still refusing to do the hard running, tackling or helping out the full back that is required. 

Then the best of them all. Take off a right back and put Clare to that position to being a forward on when A you could just take him off as he was utter shite again. Or B put smith on who can actually play Right Back. 

Even after all that all he had to do was kick the ball out the park and failed miserably like he does in every match.

A disgrace he continues to play every week. 

Like all the players right now, he doesn’t look happy. Shite tactics, team not gelling. Throw ins still a shambles, team movement poor to the extent it’s like they don’t know each other in training!

Fitzroy Pointon

He plays number 9 and got a chance 8 yards out yesterday which he passed to the keeper instead of putting his boot through it. 

Pish.